Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Hello all, I only recently found out about this thread and have just read like 100 pages to catch up. It's amazing. Basically I seen the original star citizen kickstarter and wondered what idiot would back it, then years later now I came to the forum to look for another game and clicked this link out of curiosity. Holy poo poo I've missed so much comedy over the years that it's tragic.

That's my star citizen story, thanks for reading. Parp bless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Dear Mr Smart,

In your humble opinion what would be the absolute stupidest thing that cig could do and which would cause the most self inflicted damage?

Please state publicly here and on twitter so that they feel compelled to do it and prove you wrong.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Greetings.

For additional comedy, watch all of these if you haven't already.

Also all of Major Tom's videos.

Thank you for these, they're terrific.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Watching Crobbers try and play his own game in a few videos has made me realize he is the mole feeding information to Derek.

The dream is dead and he knows it. The madness must end but Sandi keeps making him promise more and more while putting spaceship jpeg's on "sale" to keep the money flowing.

Chris knows it has to stop, he just does not know how to stop her.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
I think there has just been some confusion.

Ryan Archer did not go to a College to study art. Ryan Archer went to a collage as a source of his art.

I apologize if this joke has been used, I am still like 10 pages in the past. If it has been used please just pretend it was run through a photoshop filter and signed Ryan Archer tyvm.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
What the hell. We went past page 3000 and there was not even a stretch goal unlocked and added to the OP?

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Watching Chris fail to play star citizen in front of a live audience again would be magical.

"I swear it was working better this morning"

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Screams eeeEEE posted:

Did anyone every reveal what Chris Roberts was saying about E:D?

Maybe E:D is the game a coked up Croberts is playing and then when it's time to get sober-ish to interact with Star Citizen that's why he seems so lost. It would also explain why he thinks so highly of "his game".

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
I farted in the shower and it sounded like Paarrp which made me think of you all.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
I don't want an actual E.L.E. as I don't want this train wreck to ever end.

Still hyped.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Chris Roberts is suffering from Paarpinsons Disease and you are all monsters for mocking bis ailment.

Symptoms of Paarpinsons include flailing of the hands, inability to stop oneself from saying whatever is on your mind, and appearing high on amphetamines.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
I know Ben has a developer tag, but what has he developed at CiG?

Other than diabetes that is.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Holy poo poo, actually caught up with the thread!

Dear shitizens,

Star Citizen will never be a game, let alone a AAA game.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
If Ben put that much obsession into lifting weights instead of wing commander as a kid he'd be the world's strongest man right now.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
A lot of backer money has also been used towards Sandi's dream of being a movie star.

A dream so impossible it makes star citizen seem likely.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Star Citizen - Do you believe in magic? Pledge now!

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

flyboi posted:

i don't understand why it's in LA, it is nothing but artists, a community team and their legal/accounting department. they could've survived just fine in salt lake city ffs considering mocap was never even setup in that office and was shipped to the uk

Too far from the action of Hollywood for a big shot producer and his movie star wife.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
I'm a lovely poster with nothing useful to add to the thread but at least I am not Stimsis.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Oh poo poo, Derek Smart once talked to an Internet rear end in a top hat! Guess everything he's said about Star Citizen is invalid. I better go invest in some Starfarers before they run out of pixels to make new ones.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Palisader posted:

I do want to quickly apologize if I sounded over-dramatic. I've been in a lot of pain today and it's really put me on edge, and I have a hard time telling if I come off as bitchy or whiny or whatever.

I hope it was not caused by exposure to the worst kind of electricity.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Oh god I hope he went full Croberts and decided cryengine 3 was not high enough fidelity for his magnum paarpus and forced them to cryengine 5 or something.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

comatose posted:

lol how do they have a workforce of ~250 people and have so little to show week after week. I seriously cannot wait for SQ42 to come out just to see the poo poo that crobbers created with $110m.

Chris Roberts.

A million monkeys at a million typewriters might be able to hammer out Shakespeare given enough time but it does not matter if once it's been written the lead monkey tosses out Hamlet because he's decided that he wants Macbeth or nothing.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Star Citizen: The crazed ramblings of a stimulant addict.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Figuring no need for a professional, Chris Roberts does all of the grabby hands mocap himself and using his own gestures.

Normal players assume the constant wild flailing of the arms is a bug and actual interactions are nearly impossible but true citizens revel in the chance to feel more connected to their prophet.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Squadron 42, it's going to be an open sandbox with an incredible overarching story and cinematics!

Maybe less of a playground sandbox and just a little backyard one, still plenty of stuff to do.

It's being cut down, now more of a Litterbox size but the cinematics ate there !

Ok, the cat and the sand have been cut. It's now a rail game reusing the wing commander movie script, 10 hour director cut version. Seriously, it's just a cat turd at this point.

Minimum viable cat poo poo.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
I need a 4k monitor so I can experience all the fidelity of the monitor on the comms station I'll be manning in the game.

Watching and waiting. Waiting and watching.

Praying for something to happen, either pirate attacks in game or swift death in real life just to end the tedium.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
If username="pgabz" setclock -1

Griefing exploit fixed.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Sandi is one of the best reviewers on glassdoor and has been ever since she was a little girl.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
She's doing the work of 6 employees so it's only fair she leaves as many reviews.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
I can't wait for the new and exciting ways to find out exactly how owned the Cobbler got as more information is released by Call of Duty and other upcoming games. Today was magic but I want to see all the salt generated by the recent meltdowns just rubbed into those CIG wounds.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Still no 2.4, the only patch CIG gives a poo poo about costs $30.00 and comes with a sewing kit.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
<<Use>> Mental gymnastics to justify poor engine choice.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Gravity_Storm posted:

VR as a technology needs to understand what Crobbits is trying to do here guys

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6576713/#Comment_6576713

Star Citizen can not fail VR, but VR can fail Star Citizen.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Who needs VR when there are 30+ seconds of ~immersion~ animations to marvel at every time you're prompted to <<Use>>.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
I feel I may be missing out on the full colorless and bleak galaxy experience without proper VR functionality.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
<<Use>> just post

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Tippis posted:

That's only because it's technically the Uppsala mafia. :haw:
You can't expect the silly foreigners to keep track of such small but important geographical distinctions.

Upsale Mafia.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Payroll hasn't been canceled. It's just delayed (indefinitely).

Payroll is being refactored, we expect the check pipeline to be done soon then future deposits will be done at the highest of fidelity.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Toast bringing his A game tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Marching Powder is the only thing stopping MOMA from being the worst poster.

• Locked thread