Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Bootcha posted:

Green X's were non-CIG people. One was a 10k backer from Florida.

Red X's are former CIG people.

Also, for fun, the gf and I made halloween cupcakes.

Im_drunk posted:

Can I have the recipe?

This is Bootcha's girlfriend. Here is the recipe for the cupcakes we made on Halloween.

RED WALDORF CUPCAKES

1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 ounces red food coloring (1/4 cup)
2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour OR 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk or sour milk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 recipe CREAM CHEESE ICING (below)

1.) Preheat oven to 350 F. Let butter, eggs, and buttermilk rise to room temperature. Place 2 dozen paper baking cups in cupcake trays. Meanwhile, mix cocoa powder and food coloring together; set aside. In a separate bowl, mix flour and salt together; set aside.
2.) Beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed roughly 30 seconds. Gradually blend in sugar and vanilla; beat till light and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating on medium speed after each addition till just combined. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk, beating on low to medium speed after each addition till combined. Stir together baking soda and vinegar; add to batter and combine.
3.) Pour batter into cupcake cups. Bake about 20 minutes or till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on racks and decorate.

CREAM CHEESE ICING

1 8-ounce package cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
5 3/4 to 6 1/4 cups powdered sugar
green food coloring to taste

1.) Let cream cheese and butter rise to room temperature.
2.) Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla with electric mixer till light and fluffy. Gradually add 2 cups of the powdered sugar, beating well. Gradually beat in additional powdered sugar to reach spreading consistency. (Note: I have no idea how much powdered sugar I added; I just added enough until Bootcha and I agreed that it tasted sweet enough without being overkill.) Add green food coloring till icing reaches desired shade of green. (Again, I have no idea how much I actually added. It turned out to be much more than I would have expected. It was nearly the whole bottle.)
3.) Spread icing over cupcakes and serve.

We also, of course, added edible Halloween tombstones and bones. I bought a decorating kit at Michaels that included tombstones, bones, and a black edible marker. I wrote RIP something or other on all the tombstones, we stuck them on the cupcakes, and then sprinkled the bones over the tops.

Enjoy, everyone.

Oh, and one more thing. Karl? gently caress right the hell off.

fuzzknot fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

That's right.

Love you, too.

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

peter gabriel posted:

Thank you for the recipe and inside tricks of the trade regarding edible pens

I knew I should have clarified. It's a marker with food coloring in it rather than ink.

SquirrelGrip posted:

love you three, invest in my future thx

No.

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

thatguy posted:

Cream cheese frosting is very good. Imagine eating cream cheese frosting off of Ben Lesnick though. Probably less good.

And that's now ruined. :smith:

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip
I hope y'all are happy; Bootcha just got me to record a line for the requiem video. He might also have given me an irresponsible amount of whiskey first. It might also have been entirely my idea, but I am going to go ahead and blame him for my inability to carry a tune.

This video is going be hilarious, even if accidentally so. :3:

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

G0RF posted:

Tour the new, bigger, even more expensive Santa Monica office with Disco!

(If you are a CIG Austin employee, please don't watch. It will your pending office relocation to that old, empty TCBY store all the more painful.)

Oh God Bootcha please please PLEASE use a clip from the end of that video in the Goon-de-yadda video.

Edit: No. No. Never mind. They'd probably sue.

fuzzknot fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Nov 5, 2015

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

fuctifino posted:

Bootcha. Please use it in the vid

That was what I said, but then I figured they'd sue. Now I'm getting paranoid and thinking they probably did it on purpose for that reason. :ohdear:

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

fuctifino posted:

I posted as a reply to your comment, but I deleted the quote part by accident.

I'm sure that fair use would apply if Bootcha just uses a snippet of it?

I just meant I had the same thought but then thought the better of it. I really hope fair use would apply and protect him, but I don't think RSI is very concerned with legality. I'm still convinced they're going to come up with any bullshit reason they can to not give him his money back.

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip
Here is Finnegan in my hockey gear bag.

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

A Neurotic Jew posted:

It is completely inexplicable to me that a new studio is being built. Like even if you're coming at it from the perspective that CIG is doing just fine, why would they basically strip-mine the Austin studio to build one in LA....? and if you're coming at it from the perspective that CIG is totally hosed and out of money, how they can possibly be wasting whatever is left on constructing a studio? There is no level to approach it that makes sense :psyduck:

They're not doing that for the game. They're building a production studio for film making. That's the only logical explanation.

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Trapezium Dave posted:

I thought they had all their studios, is the LA one new or are they rebuilding? And more importantly, why (as in officially why)?

Again, there's no way in hell this really has anything to do with the game. Chris and Sandi both want in the movie industry and can't get in. They could rent studio space for the game, but that wouldn't work for film making. So they say they need to build a studio for a drat space ship game, but they're going to use it instead to attempt to further their movie careers.

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Trapezium Dave posted:

Is the official line really that they need to up and move everyone to LA losing who knows how many dev months and jpeg bucks because it makes it easier to mocap Gary Oldman? :psyduck:

Exactly. If that were all they needed, they'd just rent studio space somewhere for a bit.

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Trapezium Dave posted:

Like in general I could somewhat understand an argument that Los Angeles is a generally good city for game development, except it doesn't work when the studio you are closing is in Austin which is arguably even better.

Yep. Robert Rodriguez, for instance, uses space in Austin. The only reason to build a studio of your own in LA is to make movies. Fraud fraud fraud fraud fraud. Or at the very least, unjust enrichment.

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

pftc posted:

does anyone have any Star Citizen merchandise poo poo?

I want to know who made it

Bootcha has a few T-shirts they gave him back in the day. Try asking him (before he winds up setting fire to them).

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Agrajag posted:

BOOTCHA CAN I HAVE A T-SHIRT PRETTY PLEASE? I want something to commemorate this epic mess of "crowd funding". in the future I want to be able to point at something physical and tell my kids/grandkids that this happened in my life time

He'd probably sell (a jpeg of) one to you.

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Dirty Hairy posted:

In their dealings with Kevin Costner, they might remember the phrase: "If you build it, they will come."

Is that how this happened? They were supposed to build a baseball field but accidentally made a film studio instead?

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Agrajag posted:

well gently caress now we need more money for a baseball field

Why not? It makes as much sense as any of the rest of it.

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

SneakyFrog posted:

Do you even play hockey yo? How is that cat not dead from hockey fumes?

Yes. Every Sunday. Finnegan isn't dead because my gear is clean. Either that, or because he's loving possessed and doesn't care.

Bootcha posted:

Cats love hockey stink. They rub that poo poo in their fur.

And then barf in the bag.

I knew I should never have told you about that. But I thought Finnegan was your favorite because of his fondness for my gear bag?

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

SneakyFrog posted:

Just curious. I hate washing my gear because all the drat velcro even in a mesh bag is a fuggin pain.

To clarify, I'm in Learn to Play and should be ready for real hockey in the spring. Bootcha is the real hockey player. His gear does not smell so fresh. :(

I keep the velcro stuff closed so it can't get all twisted and crazy in the wash. I keep my hockey pants tied shut when washing them for the same reason.

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Berious posted:

someone post something rude about star citizen or a cat

Here is Zhivago napping with a hockey puck.

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Frog Assassin posted:

The sad part is this cat is incapable of understanding how cool it is.

No. No cat has ever been incapable of understanding exactly how cool it is.

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

ShredsYouSay posted:

will the cats be singing goon de yadda

God drat it. That wasn't the plan, but I think it will have to be now.

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

peter gabriel posted:

Just post dude, I literally know nothing about anything and I enjoy myself here

This is true. I don't even play video games; I never even heard of Star Citizen until Bootcha told me about it. But I'm enjoying following along. :munch:

I really have made popcorn to munch on while watching this train wreck.

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Goredema posted:

Try adding Bacon Salt to your popcorn. Not too much though! Make it about 25% of the total salt you add, and it introduces a nice bacon-y flavor to the mix.

While I'm sharing ghetto-rear end kitchen tips, if you sprinkle a packet or two of Splenda or Truvia or similar sugar substitute over the popcorn, it'll tast a bit like kettle corn, for zero added calories.

Bacon salt makes for amazing meatballs.

I hate sugar substitutes, though.

Now and again I sprinkle a bit of pepper on popcorn. That's nice, too.

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Agrajag posted:

that's a lot of popcorn...

fatty

To be fair, I've only made two or three bags of popcorn total. The :munch: is only for catching up when I'm thirty pages behind.

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

peter gabriel posted:

If I may be sold bold can I ask which flavour?

Just plain butter. I like cheese popcorn but can never find it. :(

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

fargom posted:

Popcorn is gross and gets stuck in your teeth. People who make microwave popcorn in the office are worthless. These are my strong opinions about popcorn thank you SC thread.

It sticks horribly but can't be resisted.

Agreed on the microwave popcorn at work, though, especially when it burns. It's almost as bad as microwaving seafood or curry; the smell never goes away.

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Goredema posted:

Just don't try popping without the lid on. I tried it as an experiment, and the result is a lot like the Large Hadron Collider, but instead of microscopic particles, it's scalding hot popcorn shooting everywhere.

This sounds like a highly successful/fatal elementary school science fair project just waiting to happen.

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Warcabbit posted:

Oh, hey, you're Bootcha's GF? Pleasure to meet you. I'm one of the people who bothers him on skype now and again.

Oh, I forgot, yes. He showed me the Skype message where you asked about me. Hi. :wave:

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

ShredsYouSay posted:

Bootcha's video appears to be delayed.

He's waiting till splashdown.

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

ShredsYouSay posted:

Will the term splashdown make sense after it has happened?

Yeah, I just don't want to say anything he isn't okay with.

Unlike Star Citizen, however, the videos actually are nearing completion and look good. :cheeky:

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip
Here is Bolie playing with Mia shortly after we brought her home from the shelter.

fuzzknot fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Nov 13, 2015

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Mirificus posted:

What is it with Reddit and pervs?

FTFY.

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

G0RF posted:

Understood-- the toilet just folds right up into the wall like an ironing board. What could go wrong?

That reminds me of the time I was in a doctor's office restroom and they had one of those little swinging door things for people to leave urine samples in that rotated around, and there was a big sign taped to the door that said ""PLEASE ROTATE SLOWLY." I couldn't stop laughing. Now I'm imagining space toilets with similar signs warning people to make sure it's flushed before folding up.

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Loiosh posted:

Everyone seems to be. Both of my roommates are regular (medical) weed users as well and shake their heads at me. I was that one kid who abstinence-only education actually worked on. Until my 20s, basically.

Thanks, Texas.

Pfft. I'm in Texas and am here to tell you that abstinence never worked on me.

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Bootcha posted:

Hrm, I'd have to figure out the french fries part, but I suppose I could replace chicken fingers with chicken fries. Maybe a mozzarella stick or two. Could be one of those weekend homemade food coma sandwiches.

I can't believe you didn't savage the guy who said ketchup and hot dogs were made for each other.

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

I think that is probably the single greatest thing to come of this thread yet.

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Berious posted:

I didn't like it because that pussy got tricked and was probably hella scared as he slid down the stairs :ohdear:

If they're anything like my cats, they probably decided to do it again. I noticed the cat never jumped out of the box as he slid down the stairs. My Finnegan likes to sit in a cardboard box with a skate lace tied through a flap as a handle while I pull him around on wagon rides. Not on the stairs, though. So far.

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

jaegerx posted:

Hey bootcha I'll run security for you at the bar meetup if you'll order some la barbecue

http://i.imgur.com/bpzZBm6.gifv

If in Austin you must try this place. Better than franklins.

E: drat I thought that was the full gif

http://www.eater.com/2015/11/9/9695648/austin-tasting-menu-la-barbecue-video

Video here. Be amazed

He was being sarcastic about going, thank God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuzzknot
Mar 22, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

xiansi posted:

Feck off, cup!

No-one's mentioned Lapsang Souchong yet. This stuff is the best tea. It's...not subtle, and the main flavour is smoke, but loving smoked tea is amazing.

http://www.twinings.co.uk/tea/loose-black-tea/lapsang-souchong

I like to use a pinch of Lapsang Souchong tea leaves in stews to add a deep, smoky flavor. Can't stand drinking it, though.

fuzzknot fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 17, 2015

• Locked thread