Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Othin posted:

I'm not sure if that cat is looks cute or pissed off and scary.

calm_before_the_storm.jpg

he kept trying to boop the phone

hes very serious about his work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Eonwe posted:

They are good, consider getting one

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Gwaihir posted:

Ugh why do I have to get up I'd rather just lay here some more
:goonsay:

bunny butt :3:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

skaboomizzy posted:

Just realized that my most-followed topics on these forums are (in no particular order):

- this calamitous space-game sham
- Doobie
- the Republican presidential primary
- those idiots who took over the bird refuge in Oregon

Apparently I'm drawn to watching massive failures unfold in real time.

where can i find the bird refuge one? sounds like a good read

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

MeLKoR posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3758570

For those that like to watch train wrecks there are also the Freepers, Conservapedia and Bitcoin threads.

thank u my friend. 647am and i can't sleep, time to strap myself in for a trainwreck

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

hahahaha holy poo poo

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

cig heil

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

peter gabriel posted:

There is something to this, with VR it is possible to go too far with a game.
For example, I stopped playing Alien Isolation in VR because I just ended up finding the stress not fun, it pissed me off ha ha

scary games already wreck my poo poo enough as they are, i think VR isolation would actually make me piss my pants lmao

science has gone too far

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Thirsty Dog posted:

Is it me or is that guy absolutely tiny

he's

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

whiskey is gross

suck my spider rear end

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Haskell9 posted:

Agreed. I was the Lethality for a different scam. Remember the Horizons MMO 12 years ago? I drank that Kool-Aid like it was my mother's milk. Watching other people get hoodwinked in the same way is intolerable, unless they are intolerable for other reasons in which case haha gently caress them.

wow i thought i was one of the only 5 people that played horizons, looks like the number's up to 6

i played it in the beta with my big bro and had fun at the time, being a baby dragon was pretty sweet. they changed a lot of stuff on release tho and it wasnt really the same game. the controls were godawful. luckily i didnt spend any money on it (i remember it being free? maybe it was just the beta, this was before cash-shop stuff blew up)

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Haskell9 posted:

Did the Mer people ever get implemented? My EQ best bro and I planned to roam around the game world with him pushing me in a wheelbarrow full of saltwater and jebus christoid this is embarrassing to admit. I even talked about it on the forums account I had at the time.

i have no idea haha

sorry, not helpful, but i really didnt play it more than a couple hours after release. i really liked the idea of being a lil dragon dude hoarding gems to grow up and stuff but the game was sooooo bad.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

flyboi posted:

didn't buy a $300 spaceship jpg but i did buy a $300 controller for my japanese button games. cat unimpressed.

this scifi cat is good

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

did d_smart meet the feds

did he arrest any star mens

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

alf_pogs posted:

just finished reading this old article from last year about peter molyneux

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/02/13/peter-molyneux-interview-godus-reputation-kickstarter/

fantastic stuff, really. interesting as all get-out, especially when they push him regarding some kickstarter promises.

(compared to the roberts, though, i think molyneux is just a dreamer and an idiot with a huge mouth. he's the snake oil salesman who genuinely believes the snake oil is medicine. i suspect he'd happily be penniless so long as he was working on some crappy game that he believed in.)

anyways it's interesting thinking of coder gods from videogames past. i hope there's at least a few interviews with chris roberts in the near future that go as intensely as this one.

edit: derek your serious breaking news better be a god drat goon de yadda

drat thats a good read haha

i found myself struggling to get through molyneux's dialogue at times tho. like he twists around so many times it's difficult to follow what on earth he's trying to say, or he contradicts himself multiple times in one paragraph, etc. he rambles.

love that cold opener though holy poo poo. savage.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

calm down satan

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

wow that's a crazy mouse. i use the razer naga (i know, razer is lame, but this mouse is great) and i love it. i don't play space games though. i tried elite and just couldn't get my head around the z-axis so i wound up giving my account to my husband and he likes it. the naga is so good for any other kind of game tho, i love having 12 hotkeys right under my thumb whenever i need them.

plus you can change out the... chasis i guess? the top of the mouse can be switched out for other shapes to suit your hand better, which is nice.

e: goddamnit really i gotta snipe the new page what is this paarpshit

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

ewe2 posted:

Dear goons, I have made a :pgabz: Dancey Cat Hoedown* :pgabz: to celebrate the wonder of Shitizen

love, ewe2

* Hoedown could use some more/better instruments. If you are a musical goon and want to contribute proper harmonica (instead of my phasorz kazoo), or clarinet... or banjo... or violin...or just washboard, PM myself and I shall furnish a backing track etc. If you want to sing along, here are chords and words in chordpro format.

holy poo poo hahahaha

i have no musical talent whatsoever, aside from being able to whistle that weeoooweeoooOoooo sound from the good the bad and the ugly (top tier talent), but listening to this while looking at p gab's av is great lol

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Solomonic posted:

Appropos of nothing here is my other cat

she doubles as an alarm clock

a good cat

Galarox posted:

Well now I could hardly make sandi into dorothy could I?

:eyepop:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

my husband is cooking dinner tonight and our cat Bear was following him around the kitchen, crying. so he got the idea to pull up a chair for the cat and let him watch as he cooked

bear is very pleased

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

SomethingJones posted:

This is the best cat I have ever seen.

thanks

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

results of tonight's cooking:

sirloin in au poivre pan sauce, with kale and fried fingerling potatoes

so good

cat had 0 of it

update in 2 weeks

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

lmao the black and white cat's bewildered face

amazing, thank you for posting my friend

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

how many ships do they even have proposed now? i havent been keeping track

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

tbh i hope he does get something out of this, art theft happens all the time (that doesnt make it OK but still) but usually it's just teenagers wanting some internet credit and not someone actually making potential money off of your work

the former doesn't matter but the latter is kind of a big deal

good luck space artist

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Dusty Lens posted:

Maybe just let the guy know that his work is being used. Likely without his permission.

that is the best way to go about it imo!!

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Daztek posted:

Sandi's still makes me crack up, it'd be one thing to rip off a movie costume, but ripping off a photoshop of one is a whole different kind of dumb

her tiny, frail shins crack me the gently caress up

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Eonwe posted:

i mostly made my post not the persons page because I hope they take my question seriously, like the person believes I think they ripped the art from star traders

if that happens then they may be more frustrated and actually take some action on it

gently caress you eonwe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

what was the post? i didn't get to see it

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

fuctifino posted:

I posted the Sandi & Chris image to the Star Traders wall.

It was deleted within seconds, and David Ladyman got into PM contact with me.

I blocked him after my last PM to him

holy poo poo :eyepop:

looking forward to the oncoming fallout

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Berious posted:

I'm glad goons have ruined another CIG related scam game

Wonder if we'll ever see the Sandi cutout again

her strangely small, ineffectual legs will carry her away from this scandal on borrowed, uh, shins

Happy Sisyphus posted:

i am always blown away by the pets in this thread

don't give him too much credit he tried to bite me to get my chicken breast this afternoon, he is a chicanerous beast

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

runsamok posted:

Catte, fond of board games & anything she can bat around with her paws being highly inconvenient.

:3: omg... we used to have a maine coon just like her, named Bowie for his eyes. Such a good cat, but he had some medical problems we couldn't handle so we gave him to a vet who wanted him and could take care of him better than us.

white cats are so pretty

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

runsamok posted:

One of the reasons I got my cat from a reputable breeder was I wanted one that was healthy while still being freaky. Her parents were both tested for the genetic markers for HCM (which killed my last big fuzzball) & she's even had her hearing tested as a kitten.

Knowing my kitty won't die of a broken heart (& breaking mine in the process) was well worth the hassle & cost of getting her imported. Plus I rest assured she can hear me, but just disregards it because she's too good to stoop to acknowledging me.

that makes sense. we never figured out what was wrong with Bowie, but I think maybe he either just didn't like our apartment (we have since got a house) or was allergic to something in the area. after he moved with the vet he was fine and even won some awards at shows.

we wound up going to another breeder after that tho and got Bear and Spice, since we had two cats pass before getting Bowie, who we had to give up. they are assholes but we love them.

related to current thread topic I can't believe they actually copied the background for the pic too LOL. i mean i should believe it, given what we've seen before, but holy cow. literally no aspect of the art is original

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

god bless you brave soldiers o9

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Eonwe posted:

I like playing MMOs

Black Desert is fun, I haven't played the last few days, and yes, a lot of people are playing

Tree of Savior comes out tomorrow also

mmos are fun in the worst way

what server are people on? im an idiot and just got it after my brother in law hyped it up to me yesterday

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i cannot stand for this perpetual D Smart cock teasing

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Goobs posted:

hi im cliff miku, and this is star citizen

i don't understand, what's the point of the ear thing. can he hear ok. what if he goes swimming and water gets in there, or he gets an ear infection, or has to clean his ear wax

the rest is poo poo ive seen before but the ear perplexes me on a profound level

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

all I see in the espresso photo is a super dirty and disgusting counter top and it's making me want to go clean my entire kitchen for the second time this week

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

:cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

another catte for the page

I only got three toys stacked on him before he threw them off and murdered the pink one next to his side (pictured as a corpse)

• Locked thread