Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

This encourages me to finally get a casserole dish, this would feed me for ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Oh noes

Three guesses who they blame.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Star Citizen Pretend

I sit at my keyboard
And wage war upon the verse
It seems like its all, it's all for nothing

I got the full upgrades
And I know the martyrs on the web page
I recognise the jpegs, i bought them all

This was my mistake
Let me charge them back
I blew the cash
But I won't be the one to keep it quiet

I've a deep understanding of the weakest shitposts
I maintain no blame substantiated
I demand an archive

You cannot prove I typed that
He doesn't look like Gary Oldman
I recognise the jpegs, i bought them all, I melted them myself

It's amazing what will drive us
Sunk cost sympathize
This was my mistake
Let me charge them back
I blew the cash
But I won't be the one to keep it quiet

Reach out for me
Hugbox me tight
Archive that memory
Let Dunning-Kruger talk for me
Let Dunning-Kruger talk for me

This was my space,and I was the Star Citizen Pretend
This was my life, oh god all that time
I spent my savings for three years and this is all that's left
It's time I found someone to blame for all my problems

It's amazing what will drive us
Sunk cost sympathise (empathise)
This was my mistake
Let me charge them back
I blew the scam
And I will be the one to keep it quiet

You fill in the punchline
Posting cats incessantly
You archive the punchline
I blew the scam
And I'm the only one
I will be the one to knock it down

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Dear goons we're sorry Amethyst got out of Auspol DnD thread but someone mentioned it on the crew chat thread and well...:ughh:

Normally he has his meltdowns with us and it doesn't intrude on sirius bizness, so once again apologies.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Cpt Underpants posted:

I think Dolvak may have sought legal advice and was told to delete because we know Derek never ever keeps copies of things in case this happens. They are a known hater of Something Awful and they said as much in one of those deleted posts while using official mod-speak on the Star Citizen subreddit.

Well isn't he going to be surprised :v:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

So, to recap:

A Neurotic Jew posted:

this episode of star citizen has really challenged me and made me rethink alot of things. Overall it wasn't the most fun episode but I'd still give it a 4....out of 5.

A very special episode of Space Court Star Citizen....

MVP posted:

Lol all of you goons are mad that you don't have Sandi Gardiner's perfect skin to slap with your cock

:toot:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Required Parachute posted:

haha, holy poo poo, they didn't even move ssh off of port 22. Aside from other things.

this is dumb and you are dumb. jesus christ.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Required Parachute posted:

Just to be clear - I just looked at the dumb host and made a dumb post about it. I did not touch anything, gain access to, nor do I intend to touch anything on, or gain access to, their godforsaken server. Urgh.

IDK about the laws in your country, but posting pictures like that in mine would encourage immediate investigation on the premise that it "incites" an illegal act even if you could prove you didn't actually do anything, that's why it's dumb. Too late now, anyway.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Why this seems a perfectly norALL HAIL THE HYPNOSANDERS PAAAAAAAARRRRRRRPPP

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Xaerael posted:

I am Karl Ramsier, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to spend $15,000 on fake internet spaceships? "No," says the man in Something Awful, "it's really stupid." "No," says Derek Smart, "it's really stupid." "No," says anyone with half a functioning brain cell, "it's really REALLY stupid." I rejected those answers.

Someone should ask him would he kindly get a refund. You know what they say: never mix business with friendship.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Derek Smart, he done the :gary: PAAARRRP
and all the goons did cry
the redditors, they had a laugh
and waved their cash bye-bye

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Shout out to Radio Voskhod for those brilliant parodies :gary: PAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRPPP

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Navraz posted:

New spaceship leaked.

:gary: F35's, mah very favourite ship.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

You take the blue pill, the story ends. You get a refund and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the financial wizardry goes.

:gary: PAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRPPP

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

OhDearGodNo posted:

damnit that image ruined my effortpost.

No I just scrolled past it and read your post instead.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

peter gabriel posted:

I always knew Phil Collins was bad news

He must be stopped from ever rising again!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I have the horrible thought just now from what Loiosh posted that the game will crash and burn but they'll have an engine to license and the nightmare will continue.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

phase 1: collect underpants

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

OhDearGodNo posted:

The best part of this thread is Octopode going full smug because 2.0 isn't a complete disaster.

Well its more a case of "reality support the argument I want to make" kind of thing, which works for a while because these are consensus arguments (whether you think a game is good or bad) masquerading as factual arguments (whether the game does what it claims) during an open-ended period of waiting for a concrete milestone.

To call this PTU a "milestone" for a game aspiring to be a technical breakthrough in MMO's is hilarious but it will keep loonies like Octopode going for a while. That's really the only survival strategy that will work for CIG, string these guys along with something every few months.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Sarsapariller posted:

The weird binary "It's perfect or it's a scam" of opinions is failing to address the actual reality here- it's not perfect, in fact it's quite loose for what it is, but it's obviously not a scam either. I hate doing one of those "Truth lies in the middle" wishy-washy bullshit copouts, but it's the objective reality here and I feel like that deserves some acknowledgement. CIG is quite incompetent and probably shouldn't be trusted with anyone's money, let alone millions from overhyped, lonely men in the throes of their midlife crises. I think it's still quite likely that they will fail before they finish the game, with layoffs and egos being the biggest contributors. But playing "God of the gaps" with a buggy release is a mug's game. Pointing out each bug in a test build even as they're fixed within 24 hours (as I predicted yesterday about the crash bug) just makes you look out of touch. There's still plenty to criticize, all over this project, but can we also just let go the "2.0 is never going out... okay it came out but it's unplayable... okay it's playable but-" argument? It's clear that within a couple months it'll be playable and rolled out to everyone, just as Arena Commander was.

It's still okay to hate Octopode though.

:gary: My work is done here :yarg:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

fuzzknot posted:

Oh, that's still happening; he's just not ready to post it yet.

Good, I did my Goon-de-yada's in 3 part harmony.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

ahahaha :munch: I'm out of popcorn again, thankyou SC thread and insane SC backers/dsmart stalkers :v:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

peter gabriel posted:

At least it's on Steam now

Superior parp implementation :golfclap:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Xaerael posted:

The whole "SC is better than ED!" thing really takes me back to the days of people arguing that the Spectrum was better than the Commodore 64. Except this time, we have the internet where people can voice their wrong opinions to the world, instead of 2-3 people in the school playground.

This is a really weird conversation to read when I'm watching Charlie Brooker's "Videogames that changed the world" and I'm up to the description of Elite which is just past the Spectrum vs Commodore period.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Excellent article, how pathetic are the comments though. I love the irony of screaming click bait and feverishly clicking to say so.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Don't know about you guys but I require a stress-free environment to properly loveappreciate my space jpegs.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Cultists project, classic example.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

MeLKoR posted:

Why does nobody here think that the fact CIG actively tries to silence critics is a problem?
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3ysstd/why_does_nobody_here_think_that_the_fact_cig/

Oh good, :notacult: is operating as usual, I was afraid that the masses of posts I've had to skip in this thread lately indicated otherwise. I love that one guy arguing with Beer and getting down to "I don't know anything and shouldn't have made assertions about something you did I'm sure was bad." :allears:

:gary: on, Star Shitizens :yarg:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Wafflz posted:

You're going to have to learn to make a distinction between valid criticism (which, like this game, doesn't actually exist) and invalid baseless criticism for the sake of an agenda (anything not felating cig down to where the pubes would be in a company not run by the sandibus).

It's perfect, isn't it. I think they'll die believing it, which is the weirdest joke of all.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

:gary: me :gary: me :gary: meeee

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Great parody, that was almost mix and match!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

It cannot be so! The collected disbelief in https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3zkmc8/derek_was_right_all_along_and_another_sandi/:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That reminds me, can you go start my car?

On the other hand, I just ran that tone analyser on some text I'd written about Beatles lyrics and it completely misjudged my tone based on misunderstanding the meanings of words like tense and somehow conflated one word "annoying" to be 79% anger. But yeah, I'd disconnect your starter motor and just start your car like McGyver from now on.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Run the tone analyzer by quantity of words instead of weighted relative to a business e-mail and it seems to make a lot more sense. I think since it's judging things by the rubric of a professional correspondence it heavily penalizes certain words.

Yeah I tried that and even compared with a political text to see what the difference is and the tone is tiny compared to the word count metric.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

What I love about this is how blissfully unaware they are about how Twitter works (you can be searched despite a block), and that simply being blocked from a feed doesn't give you carte blanche to slander on the internet, or that their lame witticisms behind the doubtful safety of a nick are of such importance. It's so hilariously juvenile.

I'd also love to know exactly what DickWulf is asking in the repeated FOIC requests, since the answer is so very carefully "did not identify a record that would respond to your request". :allears:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Mirificus posted:

insanity.jpg

"I blacked out the parts my brain seized up at and now I feel more comfortable in my hugbox, therefore it's fake"

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

It's that little thing "why claim corporate espionage if it's just butthurt complainers" that broke him. Does. Not. Compute. (I think that's yelling in redditspeak).

Unfunny Poster posted:

What I find comical is that subreddit has only upvotes, I assume for a specific reason, but somehow posts have downvotes anyway.

Something mods can do perhaps? It fits the community.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

quote:

Any normal person believing they were innocent would have kept this email conversation private. By making such conversations public, the posters intent is obvious: to purposefully humiliate those involved because they disagreed with the original decision. Therefore, irrespective of the details of the conversation, the fact that it has been made public is yet another example justifying why a ban could very well be deserving. Now, sure someone can start out as a being thought of as positive contributor to a community. But, such a perspective can easily be rendered irrelevant when more recent actions of that person overshadow their past history.

Normal, innocent people would shut up :mad:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Midnight Voyager posted:

I feel like I'm explaining the meaning of really basic words here.

You're watching cognitive dissonance in action via syllogistic fallacy. An innocent person would <not hurt the thing i like> therefore if <x hurts thing i like> and person is <doing x> person cannot be innocent, therefore A WITCH! Throw in the emotional development of a pre-teen and you've got a very special snowflake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Who was it who said that a pastebin would be used to cast doubt on the veracity of the emails? Spot on. Good times, good times.

edit: it also indicates that they're seriously worried and are mounting what they hope is successful counter-propaganda. Truly a gift that keeps giving :allears:

• Locked thread