Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009

Sappo569 posted:

Timer gone.. black screen. lol

Absolute silence, no music or anything

Maybe its their way of illustrating how complete the game is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
Maybe its not a blank screen but a livestream from the Austin office?

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
Looks like they've transferred the wiggly eyeball motion physics to the cameras

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
He just said some guy would find it "fun to build" due to its complex cockpit/engine stuff. So are they basically admitting there is no modelling work done on it yet?

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009

Berious posted:

They have a mock up of the jpeg that looks like it was knocked up in Minecraft

It took a week to make apparently

There is no way that took a whole week to make. Unless he had to learn how to use the program during the same time period. Or scrapped his work twice and came up with that on the last day.

Hell if you had Space Engineers you could make a ship, with all the functionality he is talking about, in a day.

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
This sounds like repairing a ship is simply passing a laser over damage decals to "clean" them off your ship. Oh but the laser takes components as its "ammo".

Groundbreaking.

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009

BMan posted:

lol how the gently caress does that even happen

Someone found Chris Roberts in Fallout 4

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
I'm looking forward to a game where NPCs can't die until their scripted death mission.

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
Compared making this game with directing the Lord of the Rings. Man he has a hard on for being a director.

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
Ooh magazine covers. Exactly what people would be wanting to see on the 3rd anniversary of the GAME they backed.

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
I like how they're firing more people to do with game development yet hiring marketing managers. Speaks volumes about the development of the game.

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009

Berious posted:

Oh sweet another jpeg.

I'm looking forward to hearing how the "designer" justifies the fact that he made the smallest of changes from another ship model.

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
Is there a solid number on the amount of concierge backers there are? Is this not something that would alienate a large percent of the fanbase for this game?

Or is this an attempt to get people hyped over something they need to pay more to get into?

I mean, it's all theoretical at this point as 2.0 is looking like it will be Two Weeks™ away

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
Padded walls for their concierge-only club? I think Mark Skelton is saying something about the backers of SC...

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009

G0RF posted:

This should've been 3 hours of stuff like this. Because it does look rather lovely. Nice to see a bartender that actually, you know, tends bar.

I actually love the ideas and work that go into game enviroments so this should be right up my street, but I can't help but feel that this is all wasted time for a spaceship game.

But you are right, this does look lovely and I like hearing the thought that went into the design of the place.

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009

Matlock Birthmark posted:

It really does look lovely. Then you remember at this is gated behind 1000$ of purchases. And that they have shown more of this than they have any other gameplay.

It also begs the question, is this only available to those who "pledge" $1000 during development or is CIG going to let people buy $1000 worth of ships after the game is released? And if that is the case how can anyone make the argument this won't be p2w?

It's just such a blatent cash grab at this point.

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
They have only had 22 people testing the PTU? That's ridiculous, there's no way they could have done comprehensive QA testing on what is a mini demo of an MMO-alike game.

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009

Sarsapariller posted:

Reddit shits its' collective pants:

notacult.jpeg

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009

Sarsapariller posted:

I'm mystified. They have it in a place where they'd let people play it but they didn't show a single video all day.

Just from how uncomfortable everyone seems I wonder if they consider this a "Sink or Swim" moment. Either it works fine, if a little buggy, but it reinvigorates the fanbase, or it will be terrible and the 1000 first players will tell everyone it is unplayable.

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009

trucutru posted:

"Don't expect any of that flashy, grabby, sliding stuff you do on FPSes on our FPS" -C.R.

"We expect everyone playing it to say its broken" -C.R. on 2.0

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
The "in atmosphere flight" looks identical to spaceflight. Does this really add anything more to the gameplay except a slightly different background behind the UI? I mean there isn't any point to exploring the planet or even buggies to drive around on the surface is there?

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
I think Chris just called it a movie again.

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
What is the over/under on them showing an iota of new footage from Sq42?

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
I'm glad they are replaying all their great hits. Delayed starts, stream deaths. It's probably the only thing that makes it stand out as Star Citizen, everything about the game itself is just so painfully generic.

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

wait i thought the first guy, who knew crobbers since he was 5, was in charge of stuff in the UK? now this goober says he is

I thought he said he was running the German branch.

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
I'm interested by the distinct lack of Ben doing anything. He was with Lando for like, 5 minutes.
Is he really being shitcanned? They seem to be pushing him further and further off camera.

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

he's in the pipeline

Pipelines that large couldn't be used by CIG to excuse delays though.

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
Do they normally push the "community" angle so hard? The interviews with fans and this intro video. Feels like they are really trying to foster an insular environment. Just felt like there was a strong emphasis on being a backer or part of the community today.

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
How long until this timeline is denied as FUD?

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
Jan 2014: S42 Production Begins.

That's straight up fabrication right?

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
More community stuff.
The line about "Interconnect the game world with the real world" screams cult to me.

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
Isn't boring droning used as a cult indoctrination tool?

And nothing here is revolutionary. Forums? Webshops? Nothing about this is unique aside from the fact its all built around a game that is nowhere near to coming out soon.

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
Hahaha! Finally they admit a link between Star Citizen and the spectrum.

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
Is this just a Star Citizen facebook? Can't help but feel this would make the community a lot more insular.

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
Jesus I thought this would be their Star Marine reveal, not a goddamn ad for their latest .jpeg

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
Soundin' pretty defensive there Chris

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
Why do they call it Subsumption though? It just feels like an obfuscation of how much work they actually need to do. I get it means their AI... so why not just call it AI? Why are they branding it like that?

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009

Raskolnikov posted:

"we wanted to show you a Squadron 42 video but it's not done yet"

progress

progress

Is that a goatse bridge in the bottom right?

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
So they aren't even going to be showing any of their 2.6 build?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009

I couldn't even imagine how angry I'd be feeling if I had camped out in line for 5 and a half hours like some of the commandos there have.

• Locked thread