Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CasualMaleXL
Oct 25, 2009

Big britches get bitches

D_Smart posted:

Yes. I showed it in the video actually.

Just set a waypoint in Tacops. Then you can either fly there manually (good luck if it's far away) or have the auto-pilot do it. And if it's a distant point, it is intelligent enough to use hyperspace intelligently.

Just this week I added the ability for the ship's auto-pilot (AI powered) to use hyperspace to jump to a waypoint. This is in the 3.x engine build which is currently undergoing a major graphics upgrade for 2016 release.

Previously, since the entire game world is "real" space with no cheating, instancing, sharding or any of that crap, it would fly at top speed without using hyperspace. Considering that each of those "known space"* regions is over 1m km across, well, you'd be there awhile.

You can fly anywhere using real space. You only really need to use hyperjump for long distance travel. And even so, the world is still being updated in real-time. You can jump to any target, regardless of what it is. If you can select a target on radar, you can jump to it.

* If you go outside the Tacops grid, you're still in the world, but it's considered uncharged "null space". So I had placed a convenient jump anomaly in there to return to known space because people were getting lost.

Been lurking this trainwreck for a while and here's my "Don't want to read everything, catch me up" post:

What's with these periodic posts that look like they're for a different game? Is Smart using this thread to promote some other poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CasualMaleXL
Oct 25, 2009

Big britches get bitches

Beet Wagon posted:

He's been doing it since day one Absolutely not.

COOL. Only just noticed after skipping past a bunch of patch notes looking posts. Nothing makes your space sim look better than a thread mocking a bad space sim project, I guess? Either way it feels more off topic than the recipes.

CasualMaleXL
Oct 25, 2009

Big britches get bitches

peter gabriel posted:

At least it's on Steam now

:five:

CasualMaleXL
Oct 25, 2009

Big britches get bitches

peter gabriel posted:

There is no I in team but they are everywhere in James Brand

Lmao

CasualMaleXL
Oct 25, 2009

Big britches get bitches

Power_13 posted:

There was a deleted scene that revealed Hobbes as you knew him was some sort of personality construct, with the real Kilrathi double-agent in him being awoken by a phrase used by Prince Thrakhath (main Kilrathi bad guy) during a broadcast to your ship.

Tenuous and convoluted, but it worked a bit better than "the guy you flew with and trusted for years was just joshing you all along". I don't know why they cut it.

I don't know a thing about the older source material that fueled the nostalgia leading into the SC debacle we know and love, and I'm late to address this- but the bad guys have "Kill" and "Wrath" in their name? That makes Vanduul seem almost subtle.

CasualMaleXL
Oct 25, 2009

Big britches get bitches

A Neurotic Jew posted:

oh, you poor soul.

First person I'd heard of being overwhelmed by what SC currently has to offer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CasualMaleXL
Oct 25, 2009

Big britches get bitches

Photosyphilis posted:

YO WHAT THE gently caress IS WRONG WITH THAT AMORPHOUS MAN'S ARMS

A friend of mine adopted a cat that had gotten too fat for its body frame- his limbs and tail look cartoonishly small. Looking at this picture, I am reminded of this disproportioned, pudgy cat.

• Locked thread