Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Io_ posted:

What the balls is a lazer razor :stare:

A kickstarter scam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Madcosby posted:

No Man's Sky looks boring as gently caress

the worst words in the video game industry right now are "procedurally generated"

Any time you see the words "Procedurally generated" you can just mentally sub in "Boring and really loving generic" and be completely right 99.99% of the time.

(I'm not actually certain of a procedurally generated system that results in cool and interesting stuff but I'm sure at least one must be out there somewhere).

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

MeLKoR posted:

Wasn't this how they made the dungeons in Diablo? At long as there's a story tying everything up and giving you some (optional) goal it doesn't have to suck. poo poo, even Minecraft is fun to explore for a good while.

Diablo rifts/dungeons are a random combination of pre-designed pieces so that they fit together in different ways.

And yea, hyperbole aside, so long as there's something else to actually be the focus of the game it's probably OK, but invariably the stuff that actually hypes of procedurally generated XYZ is using that in place of actual content, and not as a background/suplement to it.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

SneakyFrog posted:

Names and loot drops can be randomized pretty funishly.

Also Diablo's random loot name pool often produces amazingly funny results.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Furism posted:

I started the launcher and saw there's a new version out. Also saw that you can buy some special guns with UEC spacebux or REC points. Do I want to buy these guns for my Hornet or are they poo poo? And what's the difference with UEC and REC?

uec is the currency you buy with real money right now. REC is what you get from playing the game.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

AP posted:

Yeah, he was a major part of helping them with the cryengine and was on The Last Great Starship (just like Firefly cancelled after one series)

Derek Smart broke the news too which is going to annoy them.

Wandering Samurai also did MW:LL, aka the best Crysis mod of all time and the Mechwarrior game we should have gotten with combined arms instead of MW:O.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Eonwe posted:

okay that makes sense

i guess the artists could get a pass but i feel like it would be hard to brag about your star citizen portfolio as a developer :stare:

i guess you could sell it as "look, this was a mess and I helped make it not a mess by doing X, Y, Z"

"Developer" is a pretty broad term that doesn't have much meaning beyond "Works on a game in some capacity."

Star Citizen's most obvious faults are all in the game director and designer's department: Every dumbass thing like drink mixing minigames, the whole choice about maximum immersion at all times over "fun", poor balance in AC, etc.

Technical achievements have all been pretty impressive, even though some of them are of the "Well holy poo poo that was a lot of work instead of just doing X, but it's pretty impressive that you got Y to work" variety. Others like the damage modeling on ships is cool as hell.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

CrazyLoon posted:

All team positions are junior to the almighty Christ Roberts! He can make or unmake The Verse with his very word, from a pre-pre-pre-pre-Alpha, to just Alpha....and back again.

You joke, but with how much obvious micro managing goes on... they really are :v:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Karl_Ramseier posted:

I really don't care. If there is any evidence then he should go to the police or his lawyer and stop posting stupid blogs about how he will destroy everything and then just do nothing at all. Until now, there is no legal action besides this stupid non signed letters of his backyard attorneys.
5 days to November and still nothing happened. No one sued, no one will sue.

Shut up and stop posting you're 100 times less entertaining than Seraph84, noted bitcoin millionaire and lover of underage children.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Eonwe posted:

i always like when you can see someone has properly grilled a tortilla instead of like microwaving or baking it

What kind of loving philistine microwaves a tortilla instead of cast iron-ing it.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

EminusSleepus posted:

there is something similar to all of these pictures

I like the succession of steadily growing lesnicks next to the steadily vanishing co-hosts.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
time to see if my bottom of the barrel tier :effort: hosting holds up to rabid SC thread F5ing.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Lord Psychodin posted:

Okay, this has gotten really funny, but you can morons stop it with the whole premium account poo poo? Seriously, to any pubbie readers, all their spoiler tags have nothing but mocking you under them and you don't need plat to see poo poo cept get PMs and other minor stuff like being able to report posts. You can check what having premium account gets you, let alone an account with google.

Someone's jealous they don't have a premium account.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Kakarot posted:

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

I like how you put all these on a host in loving New Zealand so it takes 8 years to load.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Lord Psychodin posted:

I love reading this thread as much as anyone else, but this? This is just dumb. Seriously, they're already wasted a ton of money on one dumb thing to the tune of millions upon millions of dollars. I'll help spare them from goon shitposting to the tune of $20.

:getout:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Jegan Ace posted:

Just wanted you guys to know that you can pledge for Derek Smart's game once you get a refund from CIG.

I don't get it there's nothing over 60$

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

This one is exceptional.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Michaellaneous posted:

So more than once the state literally paid me to shitpost on SA.

US taxpayer dollars literally paying me to F5 this thread all day. :hf:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Shala posted:

Hey RSI archive this!

I get paid nicely and get a 401k and medical.

rofl the loving sickest of burns

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

:captainpop:
Is it really possible to get to 18% ABV without distilling? Mind=blown

There are Belgians in the mid-high 20s. Many of them don't even taste like it at all!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

the best part is that some true believer, i think octopode, was saying that they were working on some streamlining tech so they could pump out ships super fast

this was around the time that arena commander launched over a year ago

laffo :gary:

That was pipeline re-work number 2, little did we all know that Chris would drive ever onwards, moving to reworks number 3, 4, and 5, and 6!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

A Neurotic Jew posted:

How much money is this

500 ish I think.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Sillybones posted:

On this, what are examples of engines that do 64-bit for everything and are performant? I can't imagine aiming for current gen fidelity while pushing all that extra data around.

Nothing/no one does 64bit for "everything" because you don't need it for everything.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Guys, what if the kid is just bait to lure Seraph back for another round of laughs????

Since we know 14 year olds are like his catnip

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Bootcha:

e: Also because the old video owns:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_NN8XWrHn8

Gwaihir fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Oct 29, 2015

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Good Dumplings posted:

God, I'm so glad this went up in flames. All the propaganda was so insufferable, had that "ha ha I'm being funny" tone to it.

Thanks for being a complete and total fun sponge, jeeze.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Lastgirl posted:

i revisited some of the first few pages and already like more than half of the images are taken down

this is really absurd, are they really that upset over some dumb jokes

i wish to see PAAAAAAARRP again tia

Here have this instead

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

I don't get it, where is Oldman face

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

ether posted:

I might have discovered the pre-pre-pre-pre alpha of squadron 42's final level.

http://paaarrrppp.itch.io/squadron-42-final-mission?secret=jezANogqHqXujZ57aHsiEcWbJ7g

(W and S to move the ship, space to shoot)

edit: arrows instead of W/S evidently.

Holy gently caress star citizen finally came out!!!!!!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Going to be funny when whatever idiot reddior keeps running his report bot.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
That's an impressive imagination.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

That sure was a long winded way to try and whine about NOT COMPROMISING MY PRINCIPALS/STANDING UP TO THE MAN only to immediately redact the video anyhow.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

SneakyFrog posted:

the OSHA thread is pretty good for training your dont loving click muscles as well.

I'm physically incapable of not clicking any link someone sends me but that might finally cure my habit.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Agrajag posted:

no no no WE are the echo chamber, don't you get it? :gary: :gizz:

Well, I mean, we are.... It's just that our echo chamber has been shown to be correct so far and theirs hasn't.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

ROFL Ben dressed up as a loving Gorn and Lando is.. Mark Skelton?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Unfunny Poster posted:

I think so. I remember Goonrathi Goons getting Cowcasters avatar changed and someone mentioning in the SC thread at the time it was idiotic because she could just get it changed for free.

This keeps getting brought up but it never happened. The infamous OFFSITE AVATAR FUND was buying avatars for people like Karl_Ramscheiss or w/e his name is, because goons were getting probated for trolling idiots like him out of the thread and it was super loving obnoxious because the thread in those days attracted hordes of them.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Eonwe posted:

did i ever get part of the fund used on me

No this was in like, 2013 or some poo poo. Ancient history.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

AP posted:

They'll change that now you've said that, so you've actually created a couple of mid level jobs in Austin, which is pretty amazing to watch happen, just like that.

Hahahah, this is funny because it's likely to actually happen and be true.

Derek Smart, the job creator we deserve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

de_dust posted:

What does Christ Roberts even do? Does he program or anything, or is he an ideas guy.

He looks at a finished ship then sends it back to get totally re-done for the 8th time.

The he congratulates himself on his high standards and dedication to total immersion.

• Locked thread