Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

HexDog posted:

Have you had the Dorito-Viche? Was it good?

I was about to ask him to not post more food like that because us space poors can't afford it, but now I am also intrigued.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

How can someone write this and not immediately start wondering "How high am I that this makes sense and is proper to say?"

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Holy poo poo they've almost reached 100 million dollars in funding. How is this real, why is this real? Am I real?!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

alphabettitouretti posted:

Game isn't even out and Redditors are already whining about griefing in the broken vertical slice.

I'm the one roleplaying as a space insurance man.

How can anyone say this trip wasn't worth it when this was the result?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Approximately 2.5 billion dollars. Give or take a billion.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Considering whatever the sickness is he suffers from, that might actually happen?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Oh boy. We're around 250k from 100 million. I think I'm starting to accept that it'll happen, now.

So, what are we all going to do celebrate/drown our sorrows?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Play a game with a dynamic economy where I can fly my ships to distant worlds, possibly kill some savages, and watch from my "command module" as many era-spanning nations flicker and die.

Anyone else up for some Europa 4?

Strangely, investing in all the DLC for that game or Crusader Kings 2 somehow sounds reasonable, now.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Damnit, I thought Albion Online was going to be a follow-up game to the game on GoG.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

The Sharmat posted:

You seem angry. You should not be angry in this thread, you should be happy. It's a fun thread.

This thread will be quite funny with just 200k or so more dollars.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Iglocska posted:

To be fair:

This was after they moved it from a WCIII mod already.

I'm fairly impressed they managed to make the human model somehow look worse in the final release, but then again they probably didn't have to deal with 100s of models moving around at the start of development.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Turns out the Vanduul are the smartest race in the game.

Well honestly, if you've got an expendable group of fliers who can pretty much instantly kill enemies if they veer too close, why wouldn't you?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

And lo, it was as if the very gates of Heaven itself opened up, with glorious lens flares blinding us with their eternal light.

And then a massive pile of money fell out of your pocket and we all went straight to hell.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Robo Reagan posted:

can i run star citizen.exe and play a game yet or not

This is almost entirely random. That is, you can play something, but is it a game? We do not know.

Honest Answer: You can run some missions but most likely you'll just crash or experience massive lag.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Wait, why is this at 103 million, I thought once we hit the arbitrary limit of 100 million they would have reached proper AAA levels and just be done with it? It just keeps going. Why can't they get off that ride?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

mike12345 posted:

So he just uses it as a chat room with 3d avatars? Asking because I could never get into SL, but I liked the original idea of an open world building toolset.

An online Sims-like world was always a really cool concept to me as a kid, where people just hung out, built cool things and weren't particularly challenged beyond trying to show their friends new things.

And then we got Minecraft so I guess that concept got realized?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

G0RF posted:

You gents like the short con, I like the long.

I believe in Harvey Dent, and possibly CIG.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Oh hey funding is up to 111 million, I guess that's some sort of milestone.

So what is actually available to do at this point? My brain has somehow started editing out all the releases of SC trailers and shows from my feed since about 11 million dollars ago, so what did I miss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I've spent the whole day looking at art and this puts it all to shame.

• Locked thread