Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010
I watched the FPS demo for Star Citizen from last year at PAX, is that actual game play? Did that whole project get canned?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlfZi1eq_88

I know someone personally who has 5,000 dumped into this garbage. I tried to explain to him at 250 it was a rip off and over the course of 3 years I guess they have suckered him into more. At first he called it an "investment", but I explained to him an investment entails some kind of return on his money. I explained to him refunds were entirely possible if you threaten a chargeback, but his faith in Chris Roberts hasn't wavered. Angry Joe is his primary source for video game reviews, and I finally made the connection tonight. The hiding purchases from spouse and neglecting household bills is a very real thing. All I can do is stand by and watch. For some reason Star Citizen is an all consuming thing with people.

I am of the opinion that crowdfunding is poo poo and early access is toxic to video games as a whole.

I hope Derek Smart burns CIG to the ground.

Roshambo fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Nov 30, 2015

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010

I told the streamer it was down for maintenance when the launcher wouldn't work. Crisis averted.

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010
Has anyone mentioned the post from Lando in the VIP forum about making poor decisions with money? I think it was in relation to buying back ships for Star Citizen fun money or some poo poo. I saw a true believer lose hope for a second over that. But only a second.

• Locked thread