Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

STAR CITIZEN - LATEST DEVELOPMENTS

SANDI SHOWS HER TRUE COLORS

quote:

One enterprising Good, Beer4TheBeerGod (explains why he did it), engaged Sandi Gardiner in an epic email exchange which, if nothing else, pretty much solidifies the comments made to The Escapist magazine (article) about her attitude toward people working on this project.

In the email exchange, it is clear that she has no respect for the people who are working on the game, now those who have given them over $105M to date.

The entire email thread is up on imgur and pastebin. It has also sparked at least one media article and TV stream (at the 1hr:05 mark)

Basically, Chris Roberts spent the better part of eight hours (according to him - it could be more lies) writing up a diatribe worthy of a high-school term paper, extolling the virtues of his wife, Sandi. Yes - it was all pure bullshit.

Anyway, the revelations in this email, got me so mad, that I was invited on an Open House stream where I vented against not only her bullshit, but also at toxic Shitizen #1, Wulf Knight aka @accelerwraith aka The Wulge

NO REFUNDS. gently caress OFF

As I predicted months back, now that they have rushed to release 2.0 this past December, they are now using that lovely release as excuse for refusing refunds (1, 2). This is also the precursor to their refusal to release financials as per the ToS which they modified to extend the time for giving refunds and financial accountability.

This despite the fact that, as of this writing, they have yet to deliver even 10% (others peg it at 6.5%) of what was promised in the funding goals and the feature list.

SANDI GARDINER USING COMPANY RESOURCES FOR PERSONAL ACTING PROJECTS

quote:

Who remembers back when I was saying that Sandi was using backer funded resources to promote her acting career? It’s in two blogs that I wrote. And this was her response to one such query.

Well, some enterprising Goon put it all together last night.

If you go to her online resume, then click on the media tab, you will see a series of videos there.

The 2nd video “Full Performance Capture” is from Squadron 42 shoot.

The 4th video “Interrogation Scene” is Alex Mayberry (ex-CIG producer) as the detective.

The 5th video “Reverse the Verse” was added to a RtV video and has no relevance to that show other than her using company resources.

All of the above were shot on company premises, using company – and backer funded – equipment. Now being used on her personal ventures. In fact, the 5th video has absolutely no relevance to the game or company; and was tacked on the end of that AtV segment.

CHRIS ROBERTS ADMITS DEREK SMART WAS RIGHT ABOUT THE CRYENGINE

You can read that piece of fail over here.

CHRIS ROBERTS FAILS AT PLAYING HIS OWN GAME DURING LIVE STREAM

All that needs to be said is in this YouTube video.

THE GIZMONDO MONEY LAUNDERING CONNECTION

You can read about that over here. It's epic.

THE TOS VERSIONS

15-02-01 v1.2
13-08-29 v1.1
13-08-13 v1.0
12-09-13 v0.0

quote:

ToS v1.1 of 08/29/13

IV. Charges & Billing

RSI agrees to use its good faith business efforts to deliver to you the pledge items and the Game on or before the estimated delivery date. However, you acknowledge and agree that delivery as of such date is not a promise by RSI since unforeseen events may extend the development and/or production time. Accordingly, you agree that any unearned portion of the deposit shall not be refundable until and unless RSI has failed to deliver the pledge items and/or the Game to you within 12 months after the estimated delivery date.

A. Fundraising & Pledges

For the avoidance of doubt, in consideration of RSI’s good faith efforts to develop, produce, and deliver the Game with the funds raised, you agree that any deposit amounts applied against the Pledge Item Cost and the Game Cost as described above shall be non-refundable regardless of whether or not RSI is able to complete and deliver the Game and/or the pledge items. In the unlikely event that RSI is not able to deliver the Game and/or the pledge items, RSI agrees to post an audited cost accounting on its website to fully explain the use of the deposits for the Game Cost and the Pledge Item Cost. In consideration of the promises by RSI hereunder, you agree to irrevocably waive any claim for refund of any deposit amount that has been used for the Game Cost and Pledge Item Cost in accordance with the above.

ToS v1.2 of 02/01/15

VII. Fundraising & Pledges

RSI agrees to use its good faith business efforts to deliver to you the pledge items and the Game on or before the estimated delivery date communicated to you on the Website. However, you acknowledge and agree that delivery as of such date is not a firm promise and may be extended by RSI since unforeseen events may extend the development and/or production time. Accordingly, you agree that any unearned portion of your Pledge shall not be refundable until and unless RSI has failed to deliver the relevant pledge items and/or the Game to you within eighteen (18) months after the estimated delivery date.

For the avoidance of doubt, in consideration of RSI’s good faith efforts to develop, produce, and deliver the Game with the funds raised, you agree that any deposit amounts applied against the Pledge Item Cost and the Game Cost as described above shall be non-refundable regardless of whether or not RSI is able to complete and deliver the Game and/or the pledge items. In the unlikely event that RSI is not able to deliver the Game and/or the pledge items, RSI agrees to post an audited cost accounting on its website to fully explain the use of the deposits for the Game Cost and the Pledge Item Cost. In consideration of the promises by RSI hereunder, you agree to irrevocably waive any claim for refund of any deposit amount that has been used for the Game Cost and Pledge Item Cost in accordance with the above.

STAR CITIZEN - HOW WE GOT HERE

quote:

In July, after I got wind of the Star Citizen project in trouble, unable to deliver, backer money being wasted, I started to investigate it.

I got in touch with Chris to try and get some more details from him. He ignored both of my inquiries on LinkedIn and Facebook.

So I continued with my research and subsequently published that first blog, Interstellar Citizens.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2015/07/interstellar-citizens/

Then, in what can only be described as sheer madness, they lost their minds and made it personal.

They canceled my backer account, and refunded me. Without my asking.

Then to make matters worse, they sent out a press statement about my being refunded, and my account canceled.

http://www.pcgamer.com/derek-smart-star-citizen/

Then tried to make it look like I had somehow violated their ToS for the game and the website.

Problem is:

1) I have never posted on their forums

2) I have never downloaded the game due it not being complete nor playable. They actually confirmed this in their legal response letter as mentioned in this blog.

http://www.dereksmart.com/2015/09/star-citizen-the-long-con/

Then they doubled down when Ben Lesnick in customer service, made a public forum post about it.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/5304637/#Comment_5304637

All these actions were taken in obvious retaliation for the blog and the fact that it got widespread release in the media.

As you can now see, they simply made it worse by making themselves subject to the Streisand Effect.

They bet on my being completely vilified for writing an opinion based and technical blog. Forgetting that I have been a fixture of this industry for almost 30 years and that sort of tenure has its merits.

So I kept digging and writing. All the while Chris and Sandra kept making defamatory statements about me both in writing and in person. And there are people willing to be deposed under oath about the aforementioned statements.

Thus far, I have written the following blogs (sorted latest to oldest):

http://www.dereksmart.com/2015/10/star-citizen-the-endgame/
http://www.dereksmart.com/2015/09/star-citizen-the-long-con/
http://www.dereksmart.org/2015/08/sc-blackknightsmatter/
http://www.dereksmart.org/2015/08/interstellar-breach/
http://www.dereksmart.org/2015/08/interstellar-raiders/
http://www.dereksmart.org/2015/07/interstellar-justice/
http://www.dereksmart.org/2015/07/interstellar-discourse/
http://www.dereksmart.org/2015/07/interstellar-citizens/

During all this, the cult-like leaders decided they were going to wage war on me. So, well, I accepted the challenge:

Star Citizen fanatics, in addition to trying to burn my social media accounts in order to silence me, have orchestrated a protracted attack designed to harass and defame myself, my friends and my many social media followers.

Even if they succeed in burning my social media accounts, it will be of NO consequence.

They already succeeded in getting my TwitchTV channel kicked off-line two weeks ago during CitCon in order to kill my pre-planned commentary on the Star Citizen "Citizens Conned" event in Manchester. They did this by spamming the TwitchTV support queue with bogus reports, resulting in a 24hr auto-ban of the account, thus killing the planned commentary.

This week alone, they've had my Reddit account shadow-banned using dodgy and bullshit "doxing" reports which they doctored and sent to sympathetic Reddit admins. When you have a community of over 700K+ of which a sizable number are fanatics, you can expect to find them and/or their friends everywhere. It's like Scientology all over again.

And now they're trying to burn my Twitter account using the same methods.

With unwavering certainty I stand firmly on my opinion that this Star Citizen project is now an epic scam of global proportion. And it should concern all of us in gaming. That aside from the fact that recent developments have squarely moved it into the realms of MLM shenanigans; making it nothing but a desperate money grab.

I also know that I am not alone in this opinion. With over 700K+ backers, even 25% being White Knights, means that I am outnumbered.

But despite that, I will never - EVER - quit this fight. Even amid death threats I have received and which I have shared online, I will see this to the very bitter END. Anyone who was around during The Great Flamewar of the nineties, and which mostly played out on Usenet and a few online communities, knows that I'm NOT the sort of person to be trifled with. I have absolutely NO concept of the term "SURRENDER" let alone "QUIT". Especially when I know that I am onto something.

A lot of these fools don't know me and those who do, fail to realize that I have survived almost 30 yrs in this industry out of sheer passion, tenacity & resilience. People simply don't scare me. They never did.

I will win this, simply because I know that I am RIGHT. There is absolutely NO way on this God's Earth whereby RSI/CIG will EVER get away with this. They have NO choice but to come clean about this project and be held accountable for what I now believe to be the early stages of a sudden and catastrophic collapse of this project.

The White Knight minions who are behaving in a cult-like manner, are largely inconsequential to the big picture. They're just annoying.

This is a $93m+ crowd-funded project with ZERO accountability & headed by shady execs; some of who had ties to Gizmondo, a company that suddenly collapsed, after being found to be a major global money laundering operation. This is the subject of my next detailed blog, currently awaiting legal clearance prior to publication.

It is due to things like this that I have been taking legal action - with MY own money - in order to get them to provide financials as promised, so that the backers (those who aren't in a cult) are assured that the project can in fact be completed and that the crowd-funded funds have in fact been spent ON this project and NOTHING else as per clear FTC guidelines.

Instead they've attacked me; and sent out messages designed to send their mindless horde of Star Citizen White Knights to attack me and others online. In so doing, there is NO corner of the Internet where a question of accountability for this project, doesn't evoke my name. They made me the bogey man in an attempt to continue to deflect attention away from the tough questions now being asked since my first July blog. And they continue to attack ANYONE who even voices ANY sort of dissent against this project.

And these incessant attacks have been orchestrated by the White Knights heavily vested in this pipe dream and who are so fearful of ONE man, that they are willing to continue casting the Star Citizen community in a poor light in order to achieve their goals (nobody has ANY clue what that is btw).

I am going to burn ALL their JPEG ships to ashes. There will be NOTHING left by the time I am done. NOTHING.

All I did was write a series of blogs. Then they declared war.

Now we're at war.

The TL;DR version

THE ESCAPIST INVOLVEMENT

quote:

After catching wind of my ramblings, The Escapist did their own investigation and published this article and this podcast.

Which sent Chris Roberts on a complete meltdown spiral in this diatribe response.

THE SPANKING OF ORTWIN, THE RSI/CIG IN-HOUSE COUNSEL AND CO-PARTNER

THE LEGAL SHENANIGANS

quote:

I gave them until Nov 1st to comply with the three demands in the August legal letter (above).

During the month of Nov, it would have been 12 months since the promised delivery date of Nov 2014 has passed. After which they promised to refunds and provide financials. Failing to do this, subjects them to legal action which has been in the works since last month.

THE WHITE KNIGHT ABUSIVE & HARASSMENT BRIGADE

quote:

Since they declared war on me since July, and have decided to setup shop on /r/DerekSmart/ and are running a campaign from there.

I have setup a blog where I'm going to call out all of them, then update it with progress reports, moderated comments etc. All in one place. You can see a PDF copy of the first version I'm working on.

What you missed in the past 24hrs in the mega-thread. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

The Reddit circle-jerk 1, 2

GOONS RUIN EVERYTHING

Well, uhm, yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRsEF953n0 // notacult. nuh-uh. at all. not even

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeVuMMf-jyQ // Money Tops

Hey Reddit! Archive this!!

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

For nostalgia Star Citizen: Even the Pope won't invite me to dinner to discuss religion

You can also watch the critically acclaimed Star Citizen TV pilot staring all the usual suspects.

UPDATED 04/04/2016

...and so it was on 07/06/15 that I wrote my first Star Citizen blog, Interstellar Citizens.

Since that time, amid the dreams, the lies, and the deceit, coming from the company, a lot about this disastrous project has been written, spoken, and speculated. What most people don't know is just how bad things are or that they have unequivocally lost EVERY penny they put into this project.

And through all that, I stand firm on the opinion I made back in July 2015 that "Star Citizen, as has been pitched, will never get made. Ever.".

Now, in year five and over $111M, it exists as nothing more than a glorified tech demo. It's not a pre-alpha. It's not alpha. It's not a beta. It's not a game. It's none of those things. It's a glorified CryEngine mod.

The protracted false advertising of a product in order to make money from hapless gamers, is tantamount to consumer fraud. Look it up.

Events set in motion about two weeks ago, but which have been brewing since last year, have now sealed the fate of this project. It is unrecoverable. It is unavoidable. It is an E.L.E. And it is about time we as gamers, knew the truth.

I have always stated that there is absolutely NO version of this, where they get away with this. Yet people think that these things just get resolved over night. It takes time to get to the bottom; then you have to sort through the chum. It's a process.

And I have a response to that in this encrypted code that's been working it's way through these past few days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et7hT885kWU

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Apr 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

flyboi posted:

derek will you accept jpegs as restitution in the lawsuit

It depends. If they are set to 100% quality, I would consider it. Though TIFFs are preferable.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
[IMG][/IMG]

Gentlemen, we're at war.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Concerned Citizen posted:

in my humble opinion derek smart is a very sad individual, and his war with star citizen is just an extension of his desperate desire for any kind of attention he can get

haha, nice try.

A bunch of morons setup shop in /r/DerekSmart/ and /r/StarCitizen/ to attack, defame and take pot-shots are me for writing about their lovely vaporware game; and I'm the one seeking attention. uh-huh.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Node posted:

Where can I find a summary of Star Citizen, Derek Smart, and how this whole debacle came to be?

I've always been ignoring the Star Citizen threads. I literally had no idea Derek Smart, Derek Smart, DEREK SMART! had anything to do with it until just now.

It's spread out across a series of blogs offered below in chrono order. The most recent one is a synopsis.

This is a TL;DR version.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Our first legal demand letter sent to RSI/CIG back in Aug.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4497650/15-08-21-dsmart_demand_letter_to_rsi-final.pdf

My attorney's legal spankings of Ortwin, RSI/CIG in-house counsel. It's glorious.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4497650/15-10-02_Response_To_RSI_Cease_Desist.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4497650/15-09-15_response_to_RSI_letter.pdf

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Raskolnikov posted:

Derek Smart has had zero contact with my friend or her husband about DickWulf so either he is talking to ANOTHER married woman who received pics or his communications with "my friend" has been a long standing troll of Dr. Derek Smart Phd.

In her words:

"We never asked Derek to help us get justice. [Husband] got his refund. It's done. Wulf's life is it's own reward. Period. Why kick a dwarf?"

I just wanted to make sure this is clear for the ladies and gentlesirs of Space Court.

Sorry, but I'm NOT going to make their communications to me public in order to prove you wrong. Either you're making this up, or someone is lying to you. As I type this, I have an ENTIRE wall of text in TweetDeck DM of my communications.

I don't take too kindly to being called a liar.

And as I said before, we don't even need their willing testimony. That's what subpoenas are for. Not to mention the RSI forum records and testimonies from the RSI/CIG staff who were party to all of it.

I am pursuing it because people like Wulf Knight, Trevor Noblitt et al are the primary reason why the Star Citizen community is so toxic. And there is nothing on Earth that is going to prevent what I've sent in motion from happening and/or playing out. So everyone needs to just sit back, relax and wait for what comes next.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Jst0rm posted:

this poo poo is loving amazing. Is this the first posting of these or did I just miss it?

You missed them. They are all in my blogs. But you should read the TL;DR version here:

http://www.dereksmart.com/2015/10/star-citizen-the-endgame/

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Ghostlight posted:

Derek. Honest question.

When you walk into your lawyer's offices and say "I've been on the internet recently", do their mouths extend past their face in a shark like grin, or do they shake their head and ask you whose father they need to talk to.

Both :)

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Lastgirl posted:

ok so when is Derek Smart gonna start up litigation?

Legal action has been in motion since August. These things take time.

The issue with the likes of Xaeriq Xavier Knight aka Wulf Knight, Trevor Noblitt et al is new; though the Knight issue has been on-going since last month when I made the decision to pursue it. Key to getting criminal and civil action against these morons is that you have to collect and collate all their social media relevant postings as evidence. It's not an easy task. And judges only care about key specific points; not all the other fluff. And in demonstrating harassment, certain criteria have to be met so as not to run afoul of Free Speech and such.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Dapper Dan posted:

Here's what you need to know about Chris Roberts. He made a very successful franchise of video games (Wing Commander) which ended in 1996, Roberts always wanted to make movies and prodcued and wrote the horrific 'Wing Commander' movie which was directed by Roberts himself. It was such trash its not even a fun bad movie (well, except maybe the scene where someone gets pushed off a spaceship by a space bulldozer and the Robert's 'Thumbs up!'. That's about it). It was also nepotism in that he founded a studio called Digital Anvil, which did the effects for it. They released one game (Starlancer) in 2000 which was pretty good.

Here is where modern Roberts begins. He announced Freelancer in 1999 and said it would be available by 2000. Due to feature creep, general mismanagement (the project overshot development projections by a year and a half) it was thought of to be vaporware (Sound familiar?). Microsoft bought Digital Anvil and Roberts was basically kicked off the project and remained a consultant. It was extremely different than what was pitched, but it was good and actually got released. He then left the gaming industry for movies. He broke a contract with Kevin Costner, the subsequent lawsuit bankrupted his production company which had to be sold off. He then returned to gaming in 2011, after not having been in the industry for over a decade.

In other creative industries, this typically isn't a problem. Terrence Malick left film for twenty years before coming back to do 'The Thin Red Line', which was nominated for seven academy awards. This is because you can shoot films old school and still be good. With gaming, tech changes at a lightning pace. For example, cards when Freelancer came out were clocked at 375MHz for core and memory (Radeon 9900). To overcome this, obviously you hire people with decades of industry experience. He did this, but never listened to them. He basically has not evolved from his 'Freelancer' mindset, except this time there is no Microsoft to bail him out. The question is, would anyone want to bail him out if possible? What are the legal responsibilities for someone who takes over the project? Do they have to honor every promise CRoberts put in? Do they have to even honor the MMO portion if they just want to make Squadron 42 and wash their hands of everything else? I suspect there's a lot of legal wrangling involved.

There is no way anyone is going to bail him out. Not this time. The industry has changed, the liability is too high - and all this noise isn't going to help.

Publishers won't touch this and only an investor who wants to burn money, would touch this going forward.

Sure, they could probably get loans based on revenue. But guess what, the moment they do that - and it shows up in the financials; now there's a problem of explaining why that was needed and where did the crowd-funded money go. Trust me, this is why they're not likely to show these financials outside of court action.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

I hope this gets included in the OP, Derek. I don't think there's a more lucid or even-handed summary of semi-recent developments with Star Citizen. It really goes to great pains to avoiding biasing viewers for-or-against the project and its management...

Done!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SirPhoebos posted:

I got a question for Smart: Did you consider not saying anything, waiting for Nov. 1 to come, and just quietly filing a lawsuit to get the financial statements?

Don't get me wrong, the route you took has been incredible to watch, but if I had to be honest I don't see how you doing all this internet warlording helps your initial claim.

It's a case of the right hand working independently from the left hand. They'll never see it coming. Trust me, there's a plan in place. And the end result is glorious. It's going to be part of my legacy that will be written about for the next decades.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

I removed his name, he linked his twitter earlier.

There's a guy on the RSI forums with almost the same twitter handle who appears to want to contribute towards suing Derek Smart.

At least Karl posting here is out far less money than that guy as he seems to be a "Space Marshall" which I seem to remember costs you a $5000 donation (you get some ships as a free thank you).

Idiots pretending to be attorneys while having no clue what Tortious Interference actually is.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

Yeah, he was a major part of helping them with the cryengine and was on The Last Great Starship (just like Firefly cancelled after one series)

Derek Smart broke the news too which is going to annoy them.

Yeah, if you are following my Twitter feed, then you probably saw the news when I broke it.

Meanwhile over on the /r/StarCitizen echo chamber on Reddit

Back at the hive, a thread about this was closed in under 10 posts. Apparently not even $93m+ can buy you a decent spellchecker.

[IMG][/IMG]

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Unfunny Poster posted:

Looks like the image in Derek's OP was taken down by Imgur.

No, I screwed the link. Fixed the OP now.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

kordansk posted:

I thought this was old news about them dismantling Austin. They were trying to move everyone to lovely Monica.

No. The plan was to close Austin. According to my sources, apparently they have now leased a smaller location which is only going to have less than five or so people. Why? So as not to prove me wrong. Seriously.

But I broke the news that it was closing. CR denied it in his defamatory missive. But they are closing that very large location and completely downsizing it.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sarsapariller posted:

Executive Producer Eric Peterson

Executive Producer Alex Mayberry

Associate Producer Travis Day

Concierge Customer support Chelsea Day

Community Manager James Pugh

Associate Marketing Producer Alyssa Delhotal

Production Coordinator Lisa Ohanian

DevOps Engineer Jeffrey Parker

Lead Character Artist David Jennison

Senior Gameplay Programmer Tom Davis

Senior 3D Artist Paul Forgy

Lead Technical Designer Dan Tracy

*The entire F42 character design team*

Last we checked, 147 people had come and gone. Right now, aside from Dan leaving, I am sitting on 7 high profile names which I can't make public until they do (e.g. LinkedIn). Most have already found work already and just waiting out the holiday season.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SneakyFrog posted:

DEREK OP STILL SUCKS, do you need us poor plebeians to make it all whizbang sexy for you or can you get your social media person on it?

this is important PR

It looks like either CIG staff or White Knights are flagging them for removal. In fact, they no longer even appear in my imgur account. So much for memes.

If you guys have other host links where they won't do this poo poo, lmk.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

This could be better but I don't have time to make it so right now. But since Derek is in charge of the thread, seemed appropriate.

If I post it from my account, they will have it removed. They've had three of these removed already.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It doesn't read like the source was your friend or her husband. It reads like a staff member within CIG.

Better yet, I don't even believe him. So he's probably trolling us.

Here's what I will do. Let him get his friend to give him the first line of the last DM he sent me, as well as the date it was sent. Then I'll know for certain that he has this "friend". Anything else, and it's a lie.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Ragequit posted:

I saw that quick edit of the last 9 words. Holy moly you are out of your mind. God bless you Star Citizen disaster.

I was on mobile and it just posted before I was finished :)

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

Imgur is taking down those images? For real?

Is someone at CIG actually sending requests to Imgur to remove them? How on earth could it be worth anyone's time to eliminate one goofy set of images when they are thousands of goon parodies?

Yeah, they are. All three were removed from my account album.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
OK. I have fixed the OP using images hosted on postimg.org

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

thatguy posted:

I like how Derek still hasn't managed to grasp how [img] tags work.

Man, you guys are killing me. Haven't you HEARD that they have been reporting the images and REMOVING them? I've had to host them elsewhere. The OP is fixed again. sheesh

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Malleovic posted:

This is confusing. If he's saying that his friend never contacted you, it would be expected that they wouldn't be able to supply this information because it wouldn't exist...

Ah! But that's the thing. He needs to just respond to what I asked. And if he says his friend says he's never - ever - contacted nor communicated with me at all, well then, I have the nuclear option. I just don't want to use that option on the off-chance that he is in fact trolling us, thus forcing my hand.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

peter gabriel posted:

Be careful derek

uhm, OK, what did I miss?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Raskolnikov posted:

Derek I am not a liar, I am saying be careful with your sources. You have someone else with another story, that other story is not related to the content I posted in this thread.

That is not the person you're talking about with the CIG staff. And finally at least Dickwulf got my gender right :)

OK, I'm not sure how we ended up down this road. But let's get some clarity here.

1) I have first hand accounting of the RSI forum incident between Dick Wulf and the female in question

2) I have the entire forum thread

3) I have confirmation of the above via a text message which I have since posted

4) I was contacted by the husband of the lady in question, and we have had communications which lead me to believe that it is him

5) I do NOT know who the person in the mirror image is. I was informed that it was the pic sent to this lady in question

So, what am I missing?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

D_Smart posted:

OK, I'm not sure how we ended up down this road. But let's get some clarity here.

1) I have first hand accounting of the RSI forum incident between Dick Wulf and the female in question

2) I have the entire forum thread

3) I have confirmation of the above via a text message which I have since posted

4) I was contacted by the husband of the lady in question, and we have had communications which lead me to believe that it is him

5) I do NOT know who the person in the mirror image is. I was informed that it was the pic sent to this lady in question

So, what am I missing?

Raskolnikov posted:

Number 5 is not true. Number 4 applies to my friend as well as your other group of people. I believe he contacted you saying to leave both of them out of everything. I will ask him later tonight on teamspeak exactly what he sent you.

We have two groups of married women harassed by Wulf Knight. So it looks like we're on the level if you omit 5). Cheers!

edit: Derek if you want to talk to them tonight on teamspeak stop by around 8pm PST and they can clear everything up for you for who they are etc. 63.210.145.186:9199 pw is lemon

Ah! I see now how we're getting wires crossed. So nobody was lying then. At least not this time around :)

Anyway, so who does the censored the dick pic in #5 come from then?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SneakyFrog posted:

(SIIIIGH) since derek wont OP it. like a guy who does not care about proper :effort: Jeez.

I took care of it. Check out the OP now. It's all there.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Raskolnikov posted:

That is what he sent to my friend off site. It didn't happen on the forums though like your group. On Teamspeak 3 if you want to pop on by. 63.210.145.186:9199 pass is lemon

Ah! That explains the discrepancy then. Thanks.

Sorry, can't jump on tonight. It's almost 10:30PM here and I have an early meeting. Will PM you.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

LOL!!!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

LMAO!!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
So this moron Christopher Dicunzolo aka /u/MadnessHel2o/ aka @Cptn_Jack_Ditka decided he was going to buy me a lovely avatar (which I just paid to change back) as per his comment in this Reddit thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3qd34c/psa_the_something_awful_forums_custom_titles/cwe4wz7

Don't these people ever learn? Chris, if you don't stop harassing me, I'm going to call your mom.

Hey Reddit! Archive this!!

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Oct 27, 2015

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Decrepus posted:

Someone from reddit bought D_Smart an av and then someone else from reddit bought another one and overwrote it? Are they this stupid or is my sequence of events wrong.

No, he bought me a lovely one given me paleface. I changed it back to the current "The Stupid It Burns" one.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SneakyFrog posted:

but.. you left off your smart gangtag and dancemaster certification. :smith:

poo poo. PM me the format. That twerp stripped it all out it looks like.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Fooma posted:

I have to say, it's scary how the anonymity of the internet is just a loose veil of smoke and mirrors, just like something else we all know.

That's right, that Imagine Dragons song by the same name.

Yeah, they're not very bright. They keep coming after the ONE MAN who is best left alone.

Yay, Dr. Mr. Smart found my name out too! I'm sure it wasn't really that difficult. He threatened to tell mom on me I wasn't aware paying for a service offered by a website in which he signed up for and agreed to the TOS constitutes harassment but hey I don't have lawyers on retainer.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Omi-Polari posted:

If anyone comes in here posting like "Hey guys what's going on with Star Citizen can someone sum up?" or "What's Derek Smart doing here HUH that's crazy lol?" or anything like that, well there's a loving war going on that's what! And Reddit has found a way to weaponize sheer stupid. Our only defense ... a blistering shitpost counter-attack.

Amen. And the more they keep doing stupid poo poo, the more they're going to see their names in bright lights. Accountability is a bitch; and I'm holding the whip.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Jegan Ace posted:

Jesus, this game looks like a my old Celeron should be running it.

Well you should get rid of that lovely POS Celeron then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Omi-Polari posted:

I saw today that LoD has nukes in it, which is kinda cool. I might play it for that alone.

Yeah, the Nucstar mine is a thermo-nuclear device that requires remote detonation. It takes out every loving thing within a 1km radius of the detonation. And it has an EMP blast that fries electronics (vehicles, aircraft, devices etc) as well

• Locked thread