Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

psssh nothing personell kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

LGD posted:

I like this metaphor but what the gently caress kind of taco truck are you going to that they'd use a microwave for anything?!?! please seek out better taco options tia

What the gently caress kind of spaceship game do you own that they'd use a shooter engine for anything?!?! pleas seek out better spaceship options tia

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Vire posted:

This image is from jan 2015

so it slid another whole year in less than a year haha.

So they are at least a year behind schedule, rome wasnt built in a day you know

BTW a year in full scale game development can be anywhere between 20m to 30m dollars. So those are expenses they werent accounting for in their roadmap

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Chalks posted:

Coke machine is CR's wrestling name

It works on so many levels!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

This entire thing relies on people thinking its actually going to come out, if even one bit of verifiable information comes out that they are in deep poo poo the whole thing just collapses. 300 people will lose their jobs, sandi will have to find another means of adding more poo poo to her resume and chris roberts will never be able to work on a video game again (again)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its not a bill, they need to disclose their account finances to stay compliant in the UK. Problem is that CIG probably has no idea what to do in this regard because they probably weren't keeping tabs properly of their accounts during the filling time and revealing the current accounts might be something extremely stupid.

drkeiscool posted:

So, what is the significance of this?
Another "lead" dropping from a sinking ship.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 2, 2015

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

2.0 is probably going to have like 3 more ships and the revamped flight mechanics and maybe a few more bells and whistles but other than that I dont expect any big additions

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Haha sure citizens, dont stop believing that the austin office is dead.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im_drunk posted:

Can I have the recipe?

Im afraid you wont be able to afford it. Regardless it requires to be half baked and whats left tastes like poo poo

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

It took FFXIV like a year and a half to switch from one engine to another and it was going from a horrible proprietary engine that ran like poo poo and wasn't designed to be used at all on an MMO to one of the most efficient MMO engines in the market that can run on a toaster. The management team knew that continuing with the engine was just going to bring too many headaches farther in development and decided to rework the entire thing than sticking with what they had already. When your plan is to stick with a game as a platform for years it is undoubtedly the right call.

CIG is too deep into sunk cost to realize that all that code debt is going to keep blowing up in their faces whenever they try to implement a new system. But I get the feeling that they know that switching to another solution wont do them any good this late in the game.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mirificus posted:

I don't understand why he has a compulsion to create an elaborate web of thinly veiled accounts everywhere.

brain disorder

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Please tell me the first one is using the new flight system because lol if they still haven't fixed the momentum issue. That LOD...

Also why is the dude sort of fainting in the second one?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hey I dont know if the whole "I had an account from 2007" thing is true but if you've been here for the past say 2 years you should know the whole serious posting thing is done for.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

SneakyFrog posted:

Do you even play hockey yo? How is that cat not dead from hockey fumes?

Cats loving love stink either that or they would go after warmth at any cost. My cat loves to curl up in my armpits, kneepits or even face first into one of my running shoes after doing 3-4 miles.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Right now I hope that when everything goes tits up Chris Roberts actually manages to keep all the motion studios and goes into full time 3D animation business just to see the reaction from all the loyal citizens.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Think of the influence that nazi rape enabler must have if he can get an angry black man to come to his show and agree with everything he says.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Wow two impossible conditions. It comes out, its commercially successful

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Thank you, but this thread has already been reported recently!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

Hey guys I'm totally not a kiddy fucker, have these painful edits which feature murder and genital mutilation.

Of children

Friendly Tumour posted:

I want to know if he raped a child so I can say "loving called it"
Ask fishmech about it

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 8, 2015

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

you literally reupped on an account with a 30 day probation, I dont think owning yourself this hard qualifies as trolling unless you just happened to have a serious case of the sadbrains.

Molotov Cock Tale posted:

Is that what you said to the 11 year old?
:shittypop:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

drat gas challenge and being Seraph at the same time

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sappo569 posted:

Someone said it before, but they seem to hate letting the daily income tick below was it 30k?

I bet if someone crunches the math on daily burn rate, based on employees + salary + rent + hydro etc... they'd find 30k is the daily break even point for CIG

Their break even should be like twice that without taking into consideration non recurring expenses like their moves and whatever.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Bootcha posted:

I will announce something soon-ish.

(By that I mean when all 53 cat heads are done and in position.)

Are the heads representing CIGs ex employees from the Austin office?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Half refunds now, a quarter by years end, none by February and missed payrolls start on march.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Well if Im going to die in a hill as a videogame white knight I rather do it for a game that actually exist, even if the game sort of sucks and I have to bend over backwards over the cognitive dissonance I create defending one while attacking the other.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Eonwe posted:

I'll say this is CIG pulling a gently caress everyone move and Bootcha pulling a "get my money out before I inevitably lose it all" move

It's not Bootchas responsibility to bear the financial burden so goons can get their $30 back IMO

In a run for the banks scenario, you blame the banks for doing horrible investments, you dont blame the person who had his savings in the bank trying to dump the shithole before it collapses.

e-CIG will be bear sterns of the video game world and some other company is going to buy all of the assets for like 3m.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

EightAce posted:

However Chris is totally confident and with a real spring in his step. The grunts are assuming he has secured major funding ?

Or the endgame is about to happen he's happy whatever shell company his Bro, Sandi and Lawyer are cooking up will come in and swoop all the motion studios. Finally, unburden by game making, he can continue his true passion.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Daztek posted:

i don't think they're even trying to scam people on purpose, they're just really really really bad at everything :smith:

No I'm pretty sure the whole "Lets keep making stupid jpeg ships with even more insane systems that we will never be able to implement to fund the previous poo poo we promised that we are super late on delivering actually happen" isn't incompetence, its actively malicious. Like yes it might have started as incompetence, but right now every new ship they announce with an even more convoluted mini game is a scam.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Wonder and surprise when you client crashes every 4 minutes. This must be experienced first hand and not watched in a stream

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Danknificent posted:

Buy themselves time for what, though? Serious question.

To further Chris Roberts movie directing dreams. The shell game must continue until the movie named SQ42 comes out

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Their lowering revenue, despite their sales and constant events plus their reliance on more expensive ships to try and generate more revenue all point to the more casual 30-60 dollar pledger base has been exhausted. And without that base, I dont think they can generate a whole lot money.

Whales are fine for continuous operation of a game once its actually done and you just release a few content patches here and there. Its just not sustainable for the sort of operation CIG are doing.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

IrvingWashington posted:

Someone in a stream early this morning told me something along the lines of:

I don't understand these people

Not a cult

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Chalks posted:

I thought they said specifically that they're not making an mmo but rather a very elaborate lobby system around separate instances? They referred to games like battlefield where your account progression is saved but there is no single version of any one map.

Anything else would be impossible but they've also been calling "persistent universe" and not semi persistent instances.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

trucutru posted:

At that point Hideo Kojima is like "Whhhat? they way to do whaaatt?"

I can understand you controlling your breathing to hit a target over 200 meters away when you are prone and the like but honestly, in this game, you wont be shooting at targets that aren't more than 30 meters away from you.

either way incorporating it they way that poo poo was mentioned is the height of idiocy

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If sandi and chris get divorced does she take half of CIG with her?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Spending 10 bucks to join an irrelevant internet comedy forums to defend the honor of a game thats made close to 100m, has been in development for 4 years, and probably needs like 4 more to finish all the features they've promised, is sadder than anything that Dr. Smart has said or done hth

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Serious question what compelled you to pay ten dollars to argue with Derek about this game? I know its probably just a drop in the ocean to what you've spent on the game but that doesn't make it any less stupid.

Do you honestly think you'll change his mind on this matter when you write these loving huge unreadable effort posts. Where did you even read about this thread? Reddit? Some other irrelevant white noise forum?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Berious posted:

That's arguable.

Being arguably a game is still more game than SC

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

OWLS! posted:

Also 2.0 is not an beta, not an alpha, not a pre-alpha, it's a tech demo. That should have been out three years ago.

Whats worse, is that this is the accumulation of all their work so far. Look at other games that have proper game demos, they are cut apart sections of games way farther in development.

For Chris sake, CIG themselves mentioned they haven't even bothered writing the design documentation for things like the ship modules. They are pumping more and more ship concepts with meaningless information in them because ultimately they still haven't even figured out what you can equip to them and how it relates to the actual game they're suppose to be making.

This is design debt. Just like how they ran into the 32bit problem earlier on, just like how they slammed into the ship flight physics problem a few months ago, they'll eventually run into this one when they actually sit down and start working on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Toysrme posted:

Hey... Someone here found a video of mine... LoL!

Hey hi, do all of you that post these very wordy responses about noted none game SC come from the same place? What happened to compel so many of you to reg now? Did someone did a shoutout in a lovely SC forum or something and you all decided to spend 10 bucks to post here?

• Locked thread