Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

EminusSleepus posted:

lets try the laguages:

English
Australian (Aborigins)
Banu
Xi'An
Vanduul

so I guess she will be the one doing the Alien Languages for the stretch goal
that's true, here's a demonstration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Karl_Ramseier posted:

I am glad that I am not a female

you filth

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

skit herre posted:

I'll buy a new Av or Plat for the first goon to turn this into a nice looking :gary:

:toxx:

how you gonna make that look nice

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Tank Boy Ken posted:

I guess one would use Photoshop or gimp...

or someone else

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Chalks posted:

Hey guys it looks like there's a new project coming up that we should all get behind. :gary:

:siren: IT'S HAPPENING :siren:

Derek Smart's Desktop Citizen

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Seņor Smart, other than making over a MEELION nerds nervous due to sunk cost fallacy, do you enjoy any games that are not your own or are spacemans games?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Enchanted Hat posted:

The final boss is an awkward, mumbling human who says "no um I um it's not right yet can you um take it back and um make it greener

:10bux::10bux::10bux:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
i'm pretty sure that derek's post will come out before star citizen does

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

TTerrible posted:

Lowtax is hogging Derek. We summoned him. You cannot have him, head goon.

Desktop Citizen better be good :colbert:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Wafflz posted:

Derek has self owned so hard, he should be exiled to reddit.

you monster

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

i guess i'll be the first to say it looks ok??? although it does look like one of those things you're supposed to soak in water then it grows to ten times its budgetsize

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
more like a triple eeehhh production

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Sappo569 posted:

How many lunches do you figure 200k will buy for :lesnick:?

maybe one

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

starkebn posted:

What the gently caress is supposedly so ambitious about this game? Why do people keep saying that? Isn't it flying around in space and doing stuff at ports on planets? That had been done dozens of times already.

never before has there been a project to fleece so many nerds at the same time for so much

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
anything happen since derek smart Derek Smart DEREK SMART posted his manifesto to the public or whatever

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

u rappin bad

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
I don't know, star citizen seems to be out bethesdaing bethesda in some awesome ways that I would pay :10bux: for

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Toops posted:

IDK man maybe it's the irresponsible number of belgian quad's I've been mashing, but look. This is all hilarious on a certain level. But at the core, this is a fraudulent enterprise being run by a delusional egomaniac who has only one purpose: To be lauded as important by the Hollywood establishment. He's literally exploiting the mental deficiencies of lonely and mentally handicapped people whose programming or circumstance disallows them the chance to find a peaceful place in this world. His bitch wife is exploiting HIS mental deficiencies for her own delusions. No one at CIG will EVER do ANYTHING of any positive contribution to this world, beyond delaying the suicide of the clinically depressed.

The entire Star Citizen endeavor is a giant melting pot of failed miscreants. This whole scene is a microcosm which perfectly frames, in 3 acts, the failure of Western capital culture in its entirety. ONE of those loving "ship" packages could feed an African village for a YEAR. What the gently caress is happening? Surely this world is due for a meteor cause we can't go on like this.

Why are we so eager to leave the plane of this world and pretend we're star captains?

WHAT THE gently caress. What the ACTUAL, HUMAN gently caress.

I'm so god drat triggered right now.

I also have a boner, is that bad?

that will be $3000.00

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Michaellaneous posted:

https://forms.freethechildren.com/donation?cmd=

Yes, you could become member in the million miles high club or you could build a classroom for a village.

i dunno, i don't mind putting up money for a classroom but will it be the perfect classroom of my dreams? i want it to be perfect, no matter how much money or time it takes

do you have any pictures of what this classroom would look like?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

does that say "Black Area"

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

no_recall posted:

30 FPS for a movie like experience?

you're right, they'll drop it to 24 later

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Iglocska posted:

GOTC - just to be safe.

...but which century?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
has it been 2 weeks yet

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Tokamak posted:

in 2 weeks

oh, ok

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

TTerrible posted:

DX12 isn't a whizzbang pretty spaceships focused release. It's all architectural stuff and reworking how DX talks to drivers and shares resources. It is exactly the foundational kind of poo poo you do not rip out and re-implement in your enormously glitchy Alpha game that is already years overdue.

OF COURSE the other posibility is that 12 is a larger number than 11 and someone just shat it out as a talking point.

wait wait wait

DirectX 12

the version that's exclusive to Win10 and won't work on earlier versions of windows

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha i hope for their sake this is some side option and not the release one

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Jobbo_Fett posted:

CiG's model is more Pay-to-pay (grinding) rather than Pay-to-play

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

holy poo poo

the new goat simulator dlc looks really good

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

whoa, the physics model is looking a lot better now

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

excellent music choice

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
So did anything happen in the last month? Did a lawsuit happen yet

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

skaboomizzy posted:

I don't want to derail this thread with my PC build stuff but since everyone has been so friendly to ask...

What I want is a PC that will let me play Hearthstone and stream it to Twitch while drunk (with a cam, mic, and whatever overlays are needed, etc). I won't be doing high-end gaming with it otherwise since I'm a console dude.

My Twitch dream is to be entertaining enough to get other people to pay for my booze. So I guess not so much graphics card and more processor and RAM? If you have build suggestions just PM them to me so I don't poo poo this thread up anymore. I could go up to $1000 for this build, but anything that would do what I want cheaper would be great. I've been looking at CyberPower because they just have the most customization.

go to that thread; it's exactly where you can ask your questions and stuff and they have builds in the OP even

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
i don't follow this stuff that closely nowadays, but did anything interesting come out of that free weekend

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Plural Abysss posted:

COD just shat all over CIG's face goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03_s5EvEzVs

but where do you mix drinks for the passengers

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Justin Tyme posted:

Train Simulator 2016

Release date: 2009

???

it was ahead of its time

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Mr Fronts posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4nxe2u/want_to_discuss_the_tos/

Cymelion has a scintilla of self-awareness. An epiphany. A moment where, against all odds, his petulant, abusive id loses its vice-like grip on his psyche...

A few short hours later, though, the pressure of "reeling back a bit" builds to unbearable levels.

And normality reasserts itself...

soup kitchens will make more video games than star citizen will

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Nah, plenty of useless fuckos have exploited people's hopes for certain video game products being made, received in excess of what they asked for and then lined all the backers up against the wall they proceeded to piss all the money up against.

Looking at you, Tim Schafer.

he releases games though

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

tuo posted:

What does your heart tell you?

:gary:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Tippis posted:

Why does no-one die when they're shooting each other?
Why do the shots come from his shoulder rather than his gun?
Why does he have a developer console in an MMO?
Why do none of the walls or doors work?
Why does the ship look like an undecorated Doom 3 map?
Why does he steer with his rifle?
Why does he celebrate when his ship steers right into a rock?

Never mind the magical ammo, the incompetent cockpit design, and the regular set of bugs. None of this makes any sense.
-they do, guns might be kind of weak i guess?
-jank
-was it a dev console or just console?
-jank
-CIG
-CIG
-because his hijacker bit it and it was kinda funny and not what he expected, but what he was hoping for; honestly, this is the first time the game has ever seemed kinda fun, though it reminded me of Alpha Prime

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

they should implement this now so people have something to do while the rest of the game gets made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

constrain yourselves

• Locked thread