Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Swedish mob hits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

50 Free Toots!

e: That .co.uk looks fishy. I don't think I can trust that domain.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Nov 2, 2015

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
2.0 is definitely coming out soon. Although it's probably short for pre-alpha tech-demo build 0.2.0

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Wafflz posted:

In a game about jpegs this will always be the best jpeg.

If I ever saw any part of this in a mirror I would immediately kill myself after setting everything I own on fire.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

As if the dude is self-sufficient and capable of living on his own.

Good point. I wonder when his parent (they've obviously divorced over this) that he's living with will drink them self into a coma.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Son of Rodney posted:

Ok I think I understood as much as I care to about star citizen, in that it's a severely unfinished game that will never be as advertised etc. Can someone explain why people seem to buy not-existent ships for insane amounts of money? What is the benefit, why are they an investment (are they??) and why would you EVER spend 600 dollars on a video game ship.

Their lives are pathetic and lacking, and the only reason they have to live is so that they can be in command of a space fleet/be a space pirate/be a space farmer or whatever. Star Citizen coming out is the only way that can happen, and they need to spend non-stop coin so that their ships are better than the rest of the rabble in game.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Drive around in the buggy listening to sick tunes?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Dark Off posted:

also i love that art and design have their offices. but there's no offices for programmers

Well the artists are the only ones that have released anything.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

The Saddest Robot posted:

I really would like to know how much Chris Roberts and Sandi Gardiner are paying themselves. Salaries, benefits, all of it.

I want to know how many different salaries Sandi's getting from each of her job titles.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The truth is they just couldn't get the reticle to stay still.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Not allowing store credit seems really hosed up.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Immersive death, immersive rape, immersive sitting down?

The game needs immersive eating and bathroom minigames.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

spacetoaster posted:

And i can't screen cap. Just pastes a black screen. :(

Well they got half of rendering space correct. Now for the other half.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Wafflz posted:

another 30k furry, they should get together with wesha and have a litter

they are litter. They should be thrown in the trash.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I love the people that are excited for this game.

Way earlier someone had a quoted post where the shitizen wanted cargo to be a manually loaded thing, that required player intervention. In his mind, did he expect to have some wage slaves load his ship for him, while he hosed off to the concierge bar to mingle with other captains of sc industry? Meanwhile the plebs were running around the cargo bay looking through their shipping manifests to make sure each bay is getting loaded properly?

Is their greatest gaming aspirating to just be middle management in some lovely space org? Do they want to abandon their lovely call centre job and become a trucker in real life?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Sarsapariller posted:

Clearly you don't know anything about games development. That is the actual projected plan for cargo:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/14677-Cargo-Interaction

I love it! It's a simulator of my part-time highschool job. Can't wait to do that for hours a day before I can buckle into my ship and fly away to go make mad spacebux. get shot and have my ship stolen. fall through the floor and float around in space. crash to desktop.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

I wonder if it disappeared for a few seconds before it broke.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Khanstant posted:

Oh come on, who the gently caress wants to be on a spaceship with two dozen people? Who is even going to get that many people together to agree to man the windshield wipers for an hour?

In their fantasy world the only people with space ships will be the people who bought in early. All the other plebs are going to have to work for them at slave wages for 100s if not 1000s of hours before they can afford a ship of their own. Since this will be the best drat space sim ever, and the last game anyone will ever want to play, the corporate elite of star citizen will have no shortage of workers to man their windshield wipers.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Has crobberts ever said that the game was going to be MMO in scale? Like does his plan actually have servers with hundreds or thousands of players interacting at the same time. I was under the impression it was always supposed to be smaller in scale, with maybe dozens (stretched out over the hundred systems or whatever).

Which makes the whole escape from reality, box stacking simulator even funnier.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

fuzzknot posted:

I don't like the way the thread is going. gently caress it; I'm posting a knitting pattern.

COMPO HAT (named for the character on Last of the Summer Wine who wore a hat just like it)

Skill Level:
Advanced Intermediate

Materials:
Needles: 16" #8 circular needle (optional)
set of 4 #8 double pointed needles
cable needle
Yarn: 1 skein Lion Brand Wool-Ease Sage
Other Materials: 1 place marker

Gauge:
~6 stitches per inch in pattern
6 rows per inch in pattern

Stitch Explanation:
K—knit
P—purl
st(s)—stitch(es)

Pattern:

Cast on 112 sts and join, being careful not to twist work. Place marker to indicate end of round. Work in K1 P1 rib for 3 inches.

Begin chart.

This is the legend to the charts above and below.

After the fourth cable twist, begin decreases. On the chart for the decreases, I included the fourth cable twist to use as a reference point. The last cable twist, near the top of the chart, is the seventh cable twist.

When decrease chart is completed, break yarn and weave through remaining 8 sts.

Weave in loose ends; block. Fold brim up.

I don't know what any of those words or diagrams mean but I like the hat.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

crossfit in space

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Booblord Zagats posted:

If I had Sandy's job I would just use every power I had to make sure CIG hired DMX as their public face and the guy playing the Stimperor in Squadron 42

Is the Stimperor an actual thing or just some fucko's disturbing fetish?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The ship showroom makes enough sense. So many of the whales are in the game as some sort of life replacement, so they can fulfil their life-long trucker dreams or whatever the gently caress. It's not a game, it's an escape. Then they see bigshots getting the presidential treatment all over the media, in this is the closest they'll ever get to that. It's finally their turn to be the high roller, getting the red carpet and champagne in a meticulous show room. They don't even really need the game to come out, as that would obviously shatter whatever fantasy they have. But here, for the few brief minutes before the game crashes, they can be important and the well respected big shot with all eyes on them, to a bunch of poorly animated NPCs that are clipping through the floor.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Scruffpuff posted:

Cooking food with your FPS weapons in Star Citizen confirmed.

Probably unintentional, and you still won't get a crosshair.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Phi230 posted:

Either Crobberts really hasn't seen a video game in the last 15 years

yep

Phi230 posted:

or they're just stupid.

yep

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I wish I would have stayed up later last night to buy and start the XCom 2 download. Now I need to do that when I get home, wasting precious gaming time.

That's my Star Citizen story.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Colostomy Bag posted:

What's the download size? 30GB?

Something like that. Still smaller than a Star Citizen patch.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Are all these shows just to pad Sandi's resume, and Ben's in them because he's on payroll with nothing better to do?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The functionality of the slider has been built into the other mechanics of the PU. The slider was just a stand-alone testbed for its effects and never intended to see release on its own.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
do they remove the fish's bones too?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I just realised you can click on the <Message Deleted> and it will show you the original message. Chat's much funnier now.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I wouldn't want to get put on a watch list just to troll cig's twitch chat anyways.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Ravane posted:

I'm sure christ roberts didn't manually replace smart. At least I hope he wasn't dumb enough to do that and instead just ctrl+g smart and replace with intelligent.

he'd probably replace smart with roberts

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I only ever watch a few parts now and then, and mostly for the chat trolling, but I've never seen Money do anything. Is he just there to prove Sandi isn't racist? Same with Ben's wife. Is she just there to make Sandi look better in comparison? She just looks so sad and bored sitting in the back all the time.

e: and now Ben's playing with his phone.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Atreiden posted:

Movies are even more distinctive. Every Passenger Transport has a MovieBank in its hardware room – next to the ICES blades – that can store a fixed number of movies and that makes them available to passengers via their ICES projector. Movies are classified as either classic or modern, and all have a popularity rating that denotes how attractive they are to travelers as an entertainment option. The popularity of a modern movie declines over time, so that reliance upon them means continually seeking out newer releases and updating your library. Classic movies retain their popularity in perpetuity, but finding one that’s extremely popular is much more difficult.

It opens so many questions, like how do you get new movies? and how do you find rare movies? will someone produce movies in the verse? It's just so insane

I'm going to be a bootlegger in SC. I'll be a baron of black market movie repros, fuelling sperg airline movie needs for a tidy sum.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
It's comforting to know that no matter how badly I gently caress up in life, I'm not a brony/furry/lovely weapon collector/star trek cosplayer/pleasure-bot enthusiast/star citizen.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

DigitalMocking posted:

I just realized I have my entire office packed up in those exact crates. :stonklol:

Evidently I own a lot of lube oil destined for the Fora System.

The crates look like they're a pretty good storage container when they're not filled with robo-vagina. They're probably the only one of this guy's good decisions.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

SelenicMartian posted:

When you run Sandi at half speed her blinking is almost human

That grin and lower jaw almost looks like some Moon over June poo poo. Don't google that if you don't know it.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

AP posted:

I think he's on the other side of this bulkhead, I can see his arm sticking through.

Well then walk through the wall and kill him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Variable 5 posted:

Lesnick certainly does! :v:

I imagine Lesnick has a solid exterior, gas core.

• Locked thread