Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

Wulf Knight posted:

Dr Derek Smart, you are in so much trouble, you just don't know it. Sending your goons to stalk and harass me was your final mistake!

Hi Seraph, question. Why aren't people using bitcoins on the grey trade market? It seems like having a world wide ledger of who owns which ship will help avoid trade scams.

I'll take my answer off the air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

peter gabriel posted:

That also worries me, it's the first thing that came to my mind

Maybe he'll finally add that bitcoin option then, no chargebacks!

Seraph, why haven't you suggested this yet?

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

Bootcha posted:

You'd think transparent explosion gifs would be lying around all over the place.

Nope.

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

peter gabriel posted:

GUILTY!

You may leave the room, objection! - OVERRULED you may now address the bride

We can only hope that Dvorak or whatever his name is a Soverign Star Citizen.

Derek, have you created joinder with this guy? Make sure you file it in Admiralty Court. :sureboat:

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

Jegan Ace posted:

Just wanted you guys to know that you can pledge for Derek Smart's game once you get a refund from CIG.

I'm the Scat Pistol.

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

Ghostlight posted:

if someone from reddit buys me an avatar and pms me their reddit account I will give them reddit gold in return.

if someone from reddit buys me platinum I will pm Ghostlight your reddit account in return

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

D_Smart posted:

So this moron C-- D-- aka /u/MadnessHel2o/ aka @Cptn_Jack_Ditka decided he was going to buy me a lovely avatar (which I just paid to change back) as per his comment in this Reddit thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3qd34c/psa_the_something_awful_forums_custom_titles/cwe4wz7

Don't these people ever learn? Chris, if you don't stop harassing me, I'm going to call your mom.

I have to say, it's scary how the anonymity of the internet is just a loose veil of smoke and mirrors, just like something else we all know.

That's right, that Imagine Dragons song by the same name.

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

Eonwe posted:

i love games personally

How are you going to play both Tree of Savior and Overwatch tomorrow while still being our beacon of sanity in this thread?

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
Anagram of MadnessHel2o is "Doh Lameness 2" Electric Bugaloo

Makes you think

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
Guys, please stop. if you keep encouraging refunds and questioning CIG, they won't have funds to make the game. Things would have been perfectly fine if you all had just stayed quiet, but now with bad publicity and less funds things are going to be even more delayed and they have to resort to more creative ways to get funding. This could have been successful! Everyone's free to spend their money how they want so just enjoy the dream that costs you nothing. you stirred up the crazies, that exist in every community, which have spoiled it for the silent majority. If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all.

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
Derek: When you file the action, can you use a PACER archive service (free) like: https://www.recapthelaw.org/ so all PACER filings are available for free public view through the Internet Archive?

I would also recommend keeping Ken White at http://www.popehat.com involved as this may be of worthy mention for many in the legal community to follow as it involves TOS/EULA issues and developing crowdfunding kickstarter law and rights

Edit: Apparently Ken already did a post on Star Citizen on Oct. 4: https://popehat.com/2015/10/04/in-space-no-one-can-hear-you-threaten-lawsuits/ He kidna shits on you but only on reputation, but also CIG as to the merits, so at least it's fair to everyone.

Fooma fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Oct 31, 2015

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

AP posted:

Good job, stay the course, you can laugh yourself dizzy at all the foolish people who refunded later.

You know, I'd love to play a game that was intentionally buggy like this one, an exploration/puzzle game where glitches and clipping was not only expected but encouraged to navigate goals. Kinda like Goat Simulator, but in space.

Who do we contact to make Space Goat the next DLC for that?

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
Star Citizen is not the game we want, but it's the game we deserve.

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
Chris Roberts did nothing wrong.

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
Anyone still have the Starcitizen Starfleet Dental promotional posters around?

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
Anyone still have links to those old Goonswarm Starcitizen recruitment posters?

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
Derek, have you shared any of your pets with us here before?

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
Remember if you aren't just trying to be a goon and actually have information regarding corporate insider knowledge, don't post. Don't share. I can guess as what Derek has in his hands right now, do not be made part of it. Things need to resolved on their own, these forums can be subpoenaed for information on the poster.

Edit: Especially if it in any way relates to solvency of a company, do not allege or share.

Fooma fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Apr 3, 2016

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
How did Ben get hired onto this project? Do companies normally hire on their superfans/head of fan clubs for official community management?

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

ideate posted:

god damnit

I am sorry guys

I really am

I googled this for some reason

anyway here it says he's not going to tell you or something and then has links to a couple things

http://www.wcnews.com/loaf/

like this

http://www.wcnews.com/loaf/photos

I am sorry guys

there is always more

and it always gets worse

I was going to link a picture from there but uh, I really kinda feel bad for him.

He is the goon whose dreams came true. I really do not know how to feel about this. He belongs here, not CIG.
I mean, having two full jars of peanut butter next to one's bed is a Tru Goon thing.

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
Is there a connection or correlation to someone with a severe visual impairment and OCD? I hadn't realize Lesnick was half-blind. Anecdotal experiences I've had in the past has led me to believe that some people with severe visual impairments may have a tendency to OCD/obsessive emotional connections with people or things. This just makes me more sadder for him.

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

Samizdata posted:

And Derek just tweeted to me Ben admitting on Reddit FIVE MONTHS AGO that it was his site.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3qw6sn/so_ben_seems_to_have_this_old_weird_website/

I would say burn Ben down, but it would end up taking out like a 12 block radius.

Wait wait wait. Are we overreacting here?

This seems to imply that it's a collection of quotes from his WC irc. Not necessarily quotes made by him. Could this just be a bash.org for this specific chatroom from all users in there, archived by a bot to the database on the website?

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
I just want to know what the article was that Lowtax refused to post years ago. He should still have it in his email. Someone tweet Richard. I'm just the ideas guy.

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

Furia posted:

I'm sorry, what's this?

BanditLOAF posted:

GOD DAMNED LOWTAX WONT POST MY loving REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! loving HOTLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #18,789

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
Sandi has mostly played background or side characters right? Is it possible Ben has more screen time than her at this point?

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
Hey Lowtax I don't know if you still read this thread, but can we get custom RSS for this thread so that there's a falling stars overlay? I want to feel like I'm posting from space in the space game thread.

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
I miss Boocha. Didn't he say one of his regrets leaving was his friendship with Ben? I wonder how much he knew then. I'd love to hear his side of things, especially this IRC thing since he was likely part of some of this in the early days as a die-hard WC fan. :fuzzknot:

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

Mr.Tophat posted:

Help I can't stop posting, it's like a habit, it's like that thing where you can't stop buying JPEGs

The time has come, to talk of manythings. Of crews--and ships--and dancing cats-
Of warlords--and kings--
And why elephants spin about--
And whether potatos have wings

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

Mr.Tophat posted:

:3:

You genuinely cheered me up, would you like plat?

Aw, I'm just trying to bring joy to the thread, but if you were generally offering, I wouldn't turn it down. Maybe you get a poem PM now and then!

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

Mr.Tophat posted:

So long as you just post, that's all I look forward to, more than anything in the whole world

I have a gift cert ready to go. What's the best way of sending you this investment?

https://www.twitch.tv/docteurlatope

There's an amazing Star Citizen stream going on right now. 0 viewers. He's living the dream. How about a twitch PM from chat in there :)

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
Is there a signature French dish using spinach? Asking for a friend

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

Mr.Tophat posted:

I really need to buy a JPEG, I'm itching, and posting in reddit just aint cutting it

Give me the hard stuff, how do I buy them a pizza, I want a kill a man on livestream

http://treatstream.com/

The twitch channel owner has to make an account, but this allows anyone to anonymously buy the streamer a pizza, the site middle-man orders it to them.

Of course the top contributor is "The Force Feeder"

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
I still can't wrap it around my head they just made a half-million dollars selling a jpeg, not even a good one, and not to new people but to people who already have piles of jpegs. This is a whaling problem and this is feeding on people's weaknesses. I thought mobile freemium games were bad for whales but at least they can still play a gem-matching game or something while they take poo poo. Imagine if he had the star trek or star wars license. Few kids today remember wing commander at all. this is all the middle-aged spergs riding on nostalgia of old pixel games where dogfights always ended up hard-turning 180' loops at 0 speed to occasionally attack a ship.

This is legit scary.

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

Toops posted:

They're Bens, alone, outside the window of the world looking in. And along floats Chris Roberts, out there with 'em, floating amongst the stars saying "Come along friends! We don't need their stinking world. I'm gonna make a better one! Now if I could only find some money..."

"They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it; for it is money they have, and peace they lack.

And they'll walk out to the bleachers, and sit in shirt-sleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the baselines, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game, and it'll be as if they'd dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick, they'll have to brush them away from their faces.."

From a few pages back, but I need a Chris Roberts as Peter Pan stat.

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
When is 2.4 out so we can get another pgabz video?

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

I slept on it.

Derek reached out to me about it.

I even said I'd take a step back.

Then I thought, I paid for this right. So gently caress that.

There will be no apologies. There will be no walking anything I've said back.

You don't like me. Ignore me. Or engage with it and get your Lols. Either way, I'm here to stay.

Let's do this bitches.

What's your feelings on INN and their apparent prefered treatment by CIG for positive attention?

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
What's Worse?

_ COD Fans
_ Star Citizen Fans
_ Nickelback Fans

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
https://vimeo.com/138802207

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

D_Smart posted:

Yup.

As in my previous post, someone is subject to the ToS depending on when they created the account. If you created the account after 08-13-2013, then logged in - for whatever reason - after 08-29-2013, you would have had to agree to ToS v1.1. Similarly, if you logged in after 02-01-15, you would be subject to ToS v1.2 if it was presented to you, and you agreed to it.

CIG has to prove - in all cases - the last time that someone actually logged into their account, agreed to the ToS etc.

The mere act of having an account, while browsing the website without logging in (e.g. access to concierge, concern forum etc), does NOT make you subject to the ToS in play at the time.

Which is precisely why I have several accounts which are subject to different ToS. As digital goods are legally allowed to be bought and sold, it's all very legal; regardless of the fact that they closed my original account (which btw was only subject to ToS v1.0 at the time - as Ortwin himself confirmed in a legal response that I had never downloaded/played the game)

They control the data files though, how can it be refuted that an account did not in fact log in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
The Whale List will sell for a pretty penny at the end of the day I'm sure. That's golden.

• Locked thread