Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Travelin' at the speed of light.

Mukip posted:

I went through this trying to find an explanation for why LoD looks like a game from early last decade, but I ended up discovering your tie-in DC comic series instead. I wonder how that collaboration came about.

e:spelling

Looks like their report bot got a new tag to look out for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Dante80 posted:

Also, when you are sauteing onions, try to put some sugar in. You will be surprised. C:

I might try this tonight, actually.

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

janssendalt posted:

maybe they are referring to 2.0 hitting the normal servers next year instead of PTU?

They might be referring to a forums upgrade.

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Translating to console shouldn't be too hard, they already can store credit card information on the account, right?

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Scruffpuff posted:

This is exactly the kind of thing they're promising, and WWII Online was doing the same thing. Even if they made it work this way, they're running way off the deep end of the cost to benefit ratio. Spending 99.999% of the development time making a system that will occasionally manifest in something like you've described %0.001 of the time if the planets align, and the player might not even notice.

See also, Hideo Kojima's true to life bucket of procedurally generated ice that melts realistically in MGS2.

fake edit: They removed it because it was a) stupid, b) never noticed, and c) it took up crazy resources for a PS2.

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Xaerael posted:

I thought only a fraction of CIG were UK based? If the bulk of their staff are in the UK, why the gently caress is Sperg HQ in the US?

Hollywood isn't in the UK, duh.

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Imagine what shitizens will do when they realize CIG (and by extension, themselves) paid for SA accounts, if there are hired shills actually in this thread :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

thatguy posted:

Papa Dolvak is in the house.

This was a couple pages back, but as someone with metal allergies, I find Dolvak's use of the term 'metal illness' as an offence.

Fake edit: or a new garage band name.

• Locked thread