Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

:pgabz:

I don't know what the gently caress.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jan 10, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Posting from page 2147: "Poor chair, thought of Ben and died."

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Haaa CIG is too cheap to hire real artists

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Wild guess is they've fired him because he's too poo poo even for CIG

HAAAAA HAHAHA

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

BattleMaster posted:

Sad thing about people like this is if they spent as much time drawing as they do looking for art to steal and passing it off as their own, they might actually have gotten good at making original art.

Well the time it would take them to become half-decent artists compared to "when SC will be finished" is pretty similar... so yeah they'll be lovely artists forever.

lovely artists making lots of money will always piss me off.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Mar 27, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Sillybones posted:

Step 3 clearly is just some fuckery of the source image. What is this even? It is like layers of what-the-gently caress.

We call this "reverse sketched bullshit." I hope they get sued.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Toops posted:

Guys, thread went bonkers this week and I'm like 40 pages behind. Anyone got the Cliff's notes? I'm just past Jessica Bielgate..

Well they got the lovely board game funded a few minutes ago so we're all crossing or fingers that some art-stealing jackasses get sued.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

VealCutlet posted:

Good stuff! I feel the jpegs at the end should be purchasable...

Gonna agree on both counts here.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Well.

I think my Steam name is Neromycah, but I'm having login issues right now.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Mar 29, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

peter gabriel posted:

A cat and balls of wool, a classic scene and much apreciated

Thanks! Your videos rock, you keep the dream alive :pgabz:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Cat has been resized; please have a skateboard cat in apology.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Twelve more pages and nothing has happened goddamn.

Solar Plebeian is lookin' good though.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Happy Sisyphus posted:

drat here's a question for the thread, would you invite sandi to play on your minecraft server yes or no?

Yes and then I'd endlessly make fun of her big giant head on top of the stolen-art cutout. Then if she complained I'd tell her to stop getting so butthurt.

I'm clearly still butthurt about tracegate.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Mar 30, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

AP posted:

The original might look like this if it helps.

I'm gonna guess someone stole some bad fanart from Battlestar, Stargate or Starship Troopers.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Daztek posted:

Kinda reminds of (Na)Tasha Yar from Star Trek TNG

This gal?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Hah it was Buffy! Did I guess that?

Anyway Toops don't forget you can shift some art load to me if you need to. I'm pretty much up for anything because I'm bored as hell in the evenings.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I'll bet that Archer guy is behind that terrible CitizenCon poster too.

I love that their artist is too poo poo to draw a damned clock tower. Straight lines are sooo hard.

E: draw your own drat space towers.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 31, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Justin Tyme posted:

To be fair photobashing as was said before is completely reasonable for concept art, but probably not for posters which you are selling/giving out. I don't blame the artist because they probably had no idea it was going to be turned into a piece of merchandise.

Yeah you're still a shithead and a bad artist if you plagiarize for "concepts." Draw that poo poo yourself, you know?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Happy Sisyphus posted:

so eonwe whoever is changing your av is also reading this thread?

I'm gonna guess it's an incarnation of Seraph.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Justin Tyme posted:

Naw man, photobashing is different and a legitimate technique in concept art. That poster is a pretty bad example though because it's really boring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M8vgCS6FaI

Here's a fast example of what I mean

Maybe I'm just too mad about legitimately stolen/lovely art coming from a "professional" company :(

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Don't get me started on Disney, those idiots can't even put a spinning wheel together right.

E:

Scathach fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Mar 31, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Caught up with the thread!

About to concept some ORIGINAL ART DO NOT STEAL of the Pee-Grabs peeps and other various groups. And I don't even have to trace a thing!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Sperglord posted:

The truth is: Star Citizen is Awesome and will Change Gaming Forever!

Haaaa no motherfucka just no

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Full disclosure: I may have Archered my own previous work for this one. Really hard making a Pee-Grabsmen not look like a dumb furry.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Toops posted:

holy poo poo.

:five:

Can I use this in SP as a "Goonrathi pilot recruitment poster?"

Dude, absolutely. I can make some more up for the other races and factions.

peter gabriel posted:

Hoooooly shiiiittttt

I will get this printed up, it's just too cool :)

Glad you like it! It should print up damned huge, like poster sized without losing resolution.

This is already the most fun project I've worked on in a long damned time.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Apr 2, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Ponzi posted:

IMO, it could do with a couple of small windows to represent the whale's eyes.

I'm gonna agree with this, but otherwise it's loving fantastic.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Toops posted:

I'll put them to good use. Once I get the website up (next month) I'm gonna do a little pr/marketing and it would be great to use these as marketing materials.

Also, Gonna put them up around Paarpinson's landing (the main space station Natron is working on) in the community area.

Hah hell yes! I can do more posters and whatever other stuff you need for the site.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Hell I don't even have time to crack that poo poo. If some benevolent goon is out there I'd love a PM while I draw out your lovely Goonrathi posters.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Holy balls, nice!

E:

Scathach fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Apr 2, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Working on some stuff, but here's a cat in the meantime. I'm not entirely crazy about the text.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Looked at cats, drew some Pee-Grabs. Unfortunately I accidentally merged all my loving layers so this one isn't going to be colored.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

T.G. Xarbala posted:

You could also be lazy and color on top using a multiply layer

Skellybones posted:

invert the image then use it as a mask to create a new set of line art

I use Sketchbook Pro on a tablet because I hate the Photoshop it came with. Unfortunately it doesn't have either feature so I might just redraw over it. Or maybe I'll just PS it tomorrow when I'm less lazy.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Apr 3, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Oh man you're the best thank you! Working off a tablet sometimes has its drawbacks.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Yay color

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Skellybones posted:

I like to think the left one isn't wearing a skirt or sarong but rather just bums around all day in a sagging towel like they just got out of the shower.

I was actually thinking the same thing. Space cats have to be lazy. Can't even be assed to put shirts on. Might sit around all day making expensive coffee until it's time to steal a ship.

Reharakhti posted:

I made some peter gabriel fanart
Hope you see it peter, your videos are the best :3

Haaa I love this

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

"This video is private" goddamn

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

peter gabriel posted:

The encrypted message reads:

p gabz has grown thumbs hide the coffee

Of course you have thumbs how else would you pilot a ship

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

peter gabriel posted:

Have you seen me try and pilot a ship?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

D1E posted:

Trust me on this: you think you want to know, but you really don't want to know.

When is this ever a thing in life? No, I wanna know. (Unless y'all are pulling our legs, which seems like it might be true considering that everyone has a totally different response to the damned thing.)

• Locked thread