Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I thought the thread had gone to uncomfortable places with the that's him in the wheelchair, but then :gary: happened and it become great again.

Also,

D_Smart posted:

Tell you what. New deal. I'll just continue sticking them in my blog as I write it, and not post it here.

What's happening to this new deal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
One more day until Dr. Smart's lawsuit, right?

If the lawsuit didn't come, would this whole thread turn on Dr Smart?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

AP posted:

I think he said it's not a lawsuit against CIG a while ago, but everyone has ignored that. It better be something funny or, yeah, Star Citizen will finally disappoint.

Oh? Do you know what it'll be? I know practically nothing about law or legal matters.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Skoll posted:

Chalks posted:

Get out dude, you're a goon now so it's time to start doing the intelligent thing.
:ironicat:

Yeah, by the time you paid :10bux: to post in a internet forum you lost the intelligence higher ground.

unless you buy platinum.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

WebDog posted:

Here are the bits about game budgets and WC's cause and effect.

There's a pretty common pattern that Roberts got handed his wishes on a silver platter and managed to survive purely by being in the right moment at the right time in an industry that was still developing it's feet and publishers were keen to take chances.
By the time 1999 had hit the golden age of risk taking was pretty much on the wane and it was become apparent that big names developers had been uncannily lucky and big failures like Ion Storm only served to prove that lightning doesn't strike twice and publishers saw it wise to not allow one person to head a project without some sort of control.

How do you know all this, WebDog? Are you like an amateur historian of video games?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

So leave for a bit and now people are talking about essentiality the fuckability of Sandi? Is this really were we've ended up? I mean really?

We're talking about Yahoo messages now, which is the well-trodden comedy mines of "SC Fans have silly opinions". Come on man, catch up!

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

SneakyFrog posted:

jeez use timg nerd.

holy huge cattes

Not using timg is the new meme

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

SelenicMartian posted:

Thank you. Apparently, rubber balls add the human touch.

"you can entertain yourself in many ways with this, for instance you can play the game of wall ball with your friends in the hangar, or make your own game, just with a simple rubber ball"
Chris should drop everything (all none of it) and use the existing geometry for the Ball Module.

It seems like they want to be able to do everything in the game. From silly time-wasting activities like the rubber ball to the horrendous 'realism' of raped and tortured hostages. What they want isn't a game, what they want is a transcendental spaceman simulator. They're not getting it, even if Chris Roberts is a great leader who's adept at managing teams and conserving budget.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
$170 sounds super cheap for a new crowdfunding campaign.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Dunite posted:

Don't know why this guy gets so angry over what I presume is a loss.

He should be proud to be a loser. It would set him in the right mindset to lose some pounds.

The guy plays the character of an extreme loser nerd. The actual guy doesn't really act like that.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

AP posted:

She can sing the Nazi national anthem.

T-that's just...bizzare. Why? Auditioning for Nazi exploitation movies?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

SirPhoebos posted:

Yes you do. Go read the grognards.txt thread, and then weep for the Universe.

Grognards.txt isn't a thing anymore, isn't it? I thought the mod said something along the lines of "grognards.txt no longer fits what Traditional Games is" or something and closes it.

Are mock threads dying? Will this one?

edit: should've read all the pages of a thread I'm replying to!

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
god, what a horrible lamp

why do you even exist

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I wonder how bad a game this thread will compare Star Citizen to until we reach the point of "Actually, Star Citizen is better."

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
:bravo: isn't supposed to be a sincere applause, I've long thought.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
oh then :downsbravo: to me

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I think I might not care anymore whether the lawsuit happens or not.

My thread idol is peter gabriel. As long as peter gabriel shines this thread is :five:

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

AlmightyPants posted:

This is really funny free entertainment. A lawsuit would just be icing on this disaster cake.

I think people find that a lawsuit based on a delayed game launch that is itself delayed a funny situation.

I'd call it ironic but I don't actually know what irony is.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

This new Kamen Rider sure has even less budget than usual.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Wrecked Angle posted:

When he was telling me about it I thought they'd raised $100 mil through kickstarter, not selling imaginary spaceships for hundreds of pounds.

God, no. The highest raised money through Kickstarter is this thing called Pebble Time which is a smart watch. They raised $20,338,986 (about 13.5 million pounds). The kickstarter for Star Citizen "only" raised $2,134,374.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Cringeworthy indeed.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
It's me, I'm the physics idiot. What would happen if you fire a rifle with a certain muzzle velocity on top of a train going at the same velocity? I assume the thrust wouldn't just disappear and the bullet won't just drop, but is the bullet going to move forward at all, relative to you?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
So what I learned from this recent discussion on Physics is that I can't cheat at Russian Roulette by finding a train as fast as the speed of the bullet and aiming the gun such that the bullet goes in opposite direction of the train.

Bummer, another get-rich-quick scheme foiled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Sarsapariller posted:

To take advantage of multi-core CPUs and minimize head bob, put these settings in a user.cfg file and put it in the \Star Citizen\Public directory.

ai_NavigationSystemMT = 1
e_ParticlesThread = 1
e_StatObjMergeUseThread = 1
gfx_loadtimethread = 1
p_num_threads = 1
sys_job_system_enable = 0
sys_main_CPU = 0
sys_physics_CPU = 1
sys_streaming_CPU = 2
; These are Blur & annoying Visual Settings - Turned Off Here but they are normally Set to 1 by Default. I really dislike Blur, Bloom, HeadBob and colour bleeds in game so I set them all to 0.
r_MotionBlur = 0
r_DepthOfField = 0
r_ShadowBlur = 0
g_radialBlur = 0
r_HDRBrightLevel = 0
r_HDRBloomRatio = 0
hud_bobHud = 0
r_ChromaticAberration = 0

Maybe goons will start fixing Star Citizen.

• Locked thread