Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

D_Smart posted:

STAR CITIZEN - HOW WE GOT HERE

Let's go booiiiiiss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Xaerael posted:

Dear people who brought the Rebel Galaxy thread to my attention a week or so back...

You're loving awesome, so is the game.

Best and truest thing said in this thread for 80 pages. Now everyone :getin:

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Paladinus posted:

The PC term is Star Citizen.

:vince:

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

D_Smart posted:

On Sept 29th, she tweeted this suspiciously looking Dean's letter supposedly from UNISA. We think it's fake; and she's going to get deposed - under oath - over it.

This is Roger Windle on p20. He had nothing to do with marketing programs at UNISA. And he seems to have fallen off the face of the Earth. We think he may have passed away.

I made a few tweets that we were looking into it. And we did.

Neither my contacts in Australia, nor our researchers here in the US were able to find ANY records of her ever attending UNISA. As in ever.

And shortly after my Tweets, when they found out we were looking into that too, sure enough, the 3rd LinkedIn profile with the UNISA college, links to its Alma Mater etc is now gone too. That's three LinkedIn profiles removed as a result of what I've been looking into.

These are the people we gave $90m to. And somehow, this is all OK.

:chanpop: :boom: Bitches gonna lie

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

D_Smart posted:

LOL!! I think he stayed up late waiting for the blog. He's such a tool. Now I've changed the password :)

Tell us the new one you scrub!

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Paladinus posted:

Thanks, Derek. The blog is simply mind-blowing.

Indeed. It is one of the best pieces of literature I read this decade, maybe my whole life even. Thanks Dr. D_Smart for typing these words for us.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

D_Smart posted:

In the meantime, since my July blog posts, they seem to have continued issuing refunds. Though there are reports that some people have waited for up to four weeks to get their money back.

Report: I'm 6 weeks into waiting. In the meantime 4 different customer dudes asked me 4 times if I _REALLY_ wanted to get a refund and if I won't be so kind to state a reason. So I confirmed 4 times in the last 6 weeks that I _REALLY_ want a refund / my account closed, and no I don't want to state a reason or link to an article. The last message I got form them was ~2 weeks ago. Since then nothing.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

neonbregna posted:

How much are you in for?

Total was $500 but I sold all my standalones on ebay for a good markup. The Arbiter LTI M50 is probably worth $110-$130 I would say. It's really not that much but it's still money that I could spend on other dumb poo poo I will regret later, so yeah.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Beet Wagon posted:

post a better blog derek

Not possible.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Wafflz posted:

It confused me at first but then You need Platinum, Archives and an Avatar to view this message. Now it makes sense.

Yeah after that it makes total sense. The personal explanation from Lowtax he gave was even better. Check it out You need Platinum, Archives and an Avatar to view this message

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
My refund finally kicked in. Came via PayPal from "Twin Bros. GMBH"... WTF? Money laundering confirmed?

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Fourty-Nine Million Dollars and over four years of development. :stonklol:

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Bootcha posted:

This loving jpegs, man.

Fixed that for you. :smuggo:

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

TheCoach posted:

The loving thing has a loading screen when you go to the space section out of the interior of the place you are in, how in the gently caress is it going to handle full sized worlds...

That's what critics have preached for years about this game and Christos Robertos choice of CryEngine. See Infinity: Battlescape:

quote:

When we originally set out to build a space game we came to the conclusion that there wasn't any technology available that would allow us to realize our vision of a seamless transition from the surface of one planet to another without loading screens. We hate loading screens and, as life long space game enthusiasts, we resolved to build the technology to accomplish this ourselves.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Dark Off posted:

I feel like 2.0 crashes are related to missing game assets.
You climb on the constellation bed the game crashes
You finish downloading missions from relay station the game crashes (possibly tries to spawn or despawn enemies?)
i have yet to see fps i have seen 1 guy trying to shoot but the gun just doesnt fire (theres no fps mechanics in 2.0 so they end up disabling it and blaming it as bug)
someone boards a ship with you and the game goes insane trying to sync the position of both players on the ship ending up throwing the original pilot out of the ship.
the game constantly crashes every 5 minutes because its trying to load up a asset that doesnt exist.

But hey at least they finally made some progress with multiplayer infrastructure (maybe)

That's $95m and over 4 years of development for you, good sir. Enjoy your spacegame.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

:vince: So good!

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

This has to be a field day for PROF. DR. REV. D_SMart

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

We should hold votings for #1 goon poster of the year with sub-cats for the larger threads. AP would be very high on my list to vote for. (only topped by Prof. Dr. D_SSSSMart himself)

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
What was CR running out of money deadline set by Dr. D_SMART PHD again? Something like end of March?

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Has this "game" imploded yet?

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

:boom: Best news ever.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Pure comedy gold right here. :five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

AP posted:

TALI IN TWO PLACES AT ONCE

1 Fly Tali from grim hex to Port Olisar
2 Quantom jump to no destination after being shot by crusader police.
3 wait 5 seconds and exit pilot seat

ACTUAL RESULT
when you exit the Pilots seat the tali will now be back at Grim Hex. You can exit the ship and walk around. then you can enter the ship again get in the pilot seat and fly the ship again as if it was in space.

EXPECTED RESULT
Once you leave the pilot seat the Tali is transported instantly back to Grim hex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1Ekm5RaPe8

$124.000.000,00

• Locked thread