Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

alphabettitouretti posted:

Does anyone have a good recipe for leg of pork? I have a pig leg in the fridge and need to do something with it.

Vindaloo the fucker:

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/02/beyond-curry-pork-vindaloo-recipe.html

Best thing the Portuguese ever came up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Clapping Larry

Lastgirl posted:

ok so when is Derek Smart gonna start up litigation?

Within a number of weeks, and that number is between one and three.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

mormonpartyboat posted:

doesnt amazon web servicing basically directly interface with your bank account so if, say, some idiot decided to burn through a mountain of your bandwidth they go "oh ok" and just bill you for it and let you figure it out later

Yep, that's exactly what S3 does.

The usual malware-peddlers will be all over this 'stargur' thing like flies on poo poo if it's half as badly put together as, let's face it, it will be.

Just sit back, wait for the inevitable Reddit meltdown, and blaming of "Smart's goon army" for...doing gently caress all but watching & laughing!

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry
Someone needs to make a PacMan thing with this poo poo:

:gary: :lesnick: :lesnick: :lesnick: :lesnick: :lesnick: :lesnick: :lesnick: :lesnick: :ghost: :lesnick: :lesnick:

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

Raskolnikov posted:

ewbenno.jpg

Christ, what is that thing?

Maybe it's an illusion due to neckbeard absorbing all the light, but his jawbones look twice the width of the rest of the skull.

Anyway, dealing with his kind is a solved problem:

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

jaffyjaffy posted:

IfWhen SC and CIG eventually dies and whatever legal action that may follow runs it's course, do you believe that crowdfunding as a whole will die with it? I know other crowdfunded projects have been successful and delivered what was asked of them, but ~$100 million is still a shitload of money. I don't see kickstarting games coming out of this unscathed.

Crowdfunding crazy dreams from failed has-beens for $100M? Already dead I think. There hasn't been anything quite like SC.

Crowdfunding at a sane budget, for games in general? Seems quite healthy.

So far I have backed, received, and played:

FTL
Shadowrun (twice)
Pillars of Eternity
Elite Dangerous (a space game!)
Wasteland 2
Banner Saga
Divinity: Original Sin
Sunless Sea

Some were better than others, some were amazing, all were at least pretty good. And Elite just keeps getting better.

Have also backed and am still waiting on:

Torment: Tides of Numenara
Kingdom come: Delieverance
Pathologic (Remake)

all of which still look promising, and likely to happen.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

Nation posted:

hey thread should i buy elite y/n?

Yeah, probably. Assuming you like space, and spaceships!

But wait 'til December, when Horizons expansion comes out, you get base game with that.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

Maldoror posted:

i would like to nitpick :gary: and :yarg:

they should not be parp'ing in perfect sync

like :yarg:'s initial parp should start at least at the point of :gary:'s first half parp

This is a loving good observation, and more relevant than anything related to g**** ***te

Sadly, I am poo poo at gifs. Like, CiG bad at games poo poo at gifs.

Either:

a)some other fucker do it
b)someone tell me a simple program to use so I am not poo poo at gifs (too drunk/stupid for Photoshop)

Or, since it's Oldman, I can just post some nightmare fuel...

xiansi fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Nov 7, 2015

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

Eonwe posted:

i dont even know what vox is

Imagine 4 balls on the edge of a cliff.

And then imagine you are sat next to the balls, in a comfy chair, with a tasty beer, reading a really good sci-fi book.

Ignore the balls. Enjoy your book!

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

Bushiz posted:

why are you referring to Vox Day as "they"

to be fair, E:D is barely a game. I mean, better than what's going on here, but it's basically a similar pile of mismanaged bullshit from a dude who got famous decades ago and wanted to make a new game. I mean, there's just actually a game in E:D

Oh please.

There's 50+ hours of single-player game in Elite at a bare minimum.

Learning to fly starter ship is a day or so, and it'll be a week+ of hardcore play to a half way decent mid-range ship, and all that time is stupid fun.

Afterwards...yeah, you may burn out, and :frontear: exists for a reason, but there is no way you can say E:D is not worth the price of a full game.

xiansi fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Nov 7, 2015

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

Berious posted:

OK Tea chat the best tea is Irish Barry's Tea gold blend. The Irish know their fuckn tea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N20wHvMPTGs

Feck off, cup!

No-one's mentioned Lapsang Souchong yet. This stuff is the best tea. It's...not subtle, and the main flavour is smoke, but loving smoked tea is amazing.

http://www.twinings.co.uk/tea/loose-black-tea/lapsang-souchong

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

LuiCypher posted:

Also, some people mentioned HP Sauce. This stuff is also delicious. I've never had any trouble finding it where I am (DC), but that's because I suspect it's not terribly hard to find international things in your basic grocery store in DC.

Grew up with HP sauce, it's as :britain: as you can get, goes great with bacon, egg & sausages for breakfast. Add a good cup of strong tea...this is how we built an empire.

Salsa Lizano, something I discovered travelling, is to HP what Vegemite is to Marmite (i.e. similar, but not quite the same), and probably easier to get in the States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salsa_Lizano

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

Cheatum the Evil Midget posted:

A tim tam is an australian chocolate biscuit

It is. Although it would be better described as a Penguin "variant":

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/biscuits/previous.php3?item=47

This thread has good tea chat, and other things that are good with tea, like the above.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

peter gabriel posted:

It's a framed jigsaw :psyduck:

un encadrée puzzle de chat, as Sandi might say

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

peter gabriel posted:

No she would say something more like "FOFF EE FFFFO! zoot alors! ze cats in ze puzzle zis iz gud ya!"

puzzle chat über alles!

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

Bedshaped posted:

Croberts is a big fan of the 'George Lucas' approach to media, clutter up the screen with as much obnoxious poo poo as possible and call it immersive.

This would be the same George Lucas that :gary: compared CR to in an interview, the most back-handed 'compliment' you can imagine.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry
Here's a thing that's better than Star Citizen.

It has a catte, wibbly-wobbly space, Lazerhawk music and, er, pickles:

http://dn.ht/picklecat/

Mouse controls things. Sort of...

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

Sarsapariller posted:

What baffles me is that people like this apparently believe they have the ability to communicate. How do they get that impression? Do people actually spend the time to decipher this and respond? It doesn't seem like they'd be capable of reading it if you did. The whole forum would devolve into a series of incomprehensible morons making noises at one another, unable even to read each other's unique interpretations of the common language, for some kind of muted sense of having "Contributed." Which... yeah, that's basically the RSI forums.

I dunno.

As a fellow reader of a lost of question, this seems like some sort of surreal poetry to me - there is a certain 'rythme' to it.

Or it might just be a quality troll, but it least it's not the usual hateful rubbish.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

Talking of 'rings', how come no-one has goatse'd that logo yet?

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

AP posted:

If you think about the impact CIG going bust would have it's incredible, nothing apart from bitcoin comes close

I sort of see what you mean - both bitcoin & SC are a magnet for delusional chucklefucks. But to be fair, bitcoin is basically feature-complete now, and works pretty well for it's core purpose of buying drugs off the internet.

It is also worth nearly 3 times as much as it was just under a year ago right now (so effectively free drugs!), which is a lot more than can be said for any ship jpegs...

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

The Strangest Finch posted:

It sure looks that way to me, but I think spending a lot of time constantly catching up with this thread has maybe warped my perspective on what people think about this game outside SA/Reddit.

I know what you mean. All I know about Reddit is the craziness that gets cross-posted here, and everyone seems mad or broken.

Here's a vaguely sane & balanced take for the neutral observer:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/12/17/star-citizen-2-0-review/

Look at this though:

That sure is a HELMET!

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry
Almost nothing to do with Star Citizen (though I think maybe the devs had some sort of CryEngine knowledge-sharing thing going on with CIG ages ago?), but just saw Kickstarter update on Kingdom Come: Deliverance, and gently caress me if this thing isn't actually starting to look really good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4Eq2na6neI

This is how you do a CryEngine game with mo-cap. Also, 6:10, for the hilarious ghetto camera setup!

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

what the literal gently caress :psyduck:

I don't even

how do they... how?

If CIG had put half as much effort into the 'game' as they have into the jpeg purchasing/melting/un-melting shennanigans then there would be an incredibly confusing, completely unfair and totally hosed up mess that...oh, right.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

CrazyLoon posted:

TBH, I wish discussion would go back in these waters. Any legit discussion of Star Shitizen or its cultists and cult leaders is just plain depressing.

It's kinda odd how I can eat white meat only with mayo and red meat only with mustard.

Agree with depressing lack of culinary advice of late.

So, 'red' meat.

You basically mean beef. Specifically salted brisket, or a rare-roasted joint. That is more or less what mustard is for. Also, horseradish.

Lamb is a red meat too, but don't put mustard on that - it needs mint sauce if it's decent lamb, .

White meat: Chicken or turkey breast (the leggier parts of bird-meat tend to favour something more acidic).

Could use some extra fat, and the textures go well together, so mayo works, but only when cold.

Pork is a kind of a middle ground - I wouldn't mustard or mayo that, not when you have apple sauce as an option. But 'pork', as in pig-flesh, is such a huge subject that even the epic SC thread cannot do it justice.

There are less obvious meats too, like duck (orange/plum), venison (juniper/redcurrant), goat(all sorts of stuff, mostly chilli-based)...and this is just British cooking.

Basically there are many tasty animals, and many more things that go well with various parts of them, and you should try them all.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Muse : Shitizen erased

Muse : (white) knights of Cydonia

Muse : (Chris Roberts has got) space dementia

Zutons : tired of hanging around (waiting for this game to implode spectacularly)

The darkness : permission to land (without spinning around in my spaceship)

Mogwai, motherfuckers.

Thank you, space expert (Derek Smart):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6lTYxUauUs

I Love You, I'm Going to Blow Up Your School Idris:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub8J5SSn8DA

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

HA! I love it! When this game bombs how many of the backers do you think will come to SA with a realisation that they were wrong all along?

Nobody ever realises they were 'wrong all along'. They will just blame Smart, or the media, or evil publishers, or something.

If by some miracle the game doesn't bomb, then SA denizens who got refunded will buy back in and make 'em wish it had.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

Also, spend all of your free time on the food lab website. It has recipes for (and the science behind) everything.

The what now? Link this fucker.

Unless you mean Serious Eats, in which case yeah, that is a good cooking website.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

Says the dancing cat who owns an Oculus dev kit. And a 'buttkicker'. You're more than half way there!

Not that I'm free of sin when it comes to buying silly peripherals for games...

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

TTerrible posted:

Bathroom door. Elevator doors.

Why can't CIG do doors?

Because we are nearing...the end?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

peter gabriel posted:

Elite messes with my head because it is poo poo and brilliant at the same time and I cannot figure it out

:pgabz: nails it once again.

You're flying a spaceship. In space. Everything about it just feels right, looks gorgeous, and sounds amazing.

And then :frontear: happens, and you think...why? Why did they do this/not do that?

The brown sea over in E:D land doesn't have a patch on the Star Citizen lunatics (what does?) but there's a large amount of tedious misery fans who think that unforgiving '80s gameplay was some sort of pinnacle.

People think the 'haha, you died, gently caress you, play for hours and hours just to recover your losses' mechanic somehow makes you more of a real man, or some poo poo.

And yet I still play. Because space...

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

His moobs are as big as my head.

Also, there's something not quite right with the physics here - has he stapled that ridiculous Wing Commander amulet thing to the shirt with re-enforced buttons?

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

fuctifino posted:

:lesnick: has his own gravity.

Jesus Christ, you are right - pay careful attention to Lando's feet as :lesnick: moves

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

CrazyLoon posted:

Open to dietary suggestions by goons as to what sorts of foods might be better, to make me gain more muscle and less fat. (I'm skinny tho)

You can't gain *only* muscle (unless you do steroids) - if you eat enough then your traitorous body will always put some away as fat, even if you exercise like a lunatic and do horrible things with too much protein.

You can improve the muscles you already have. That may increase weight - muscles are denser than fat.

If you really want to look like the freaks on magazine covers, then the only option is to bulk & cut (i.e. starve & dehydate). Don't do that.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

MOAR posted:

Can it be saved by an angel investor or someone?

I can imagine some sort of 'devil' investor would pay very good money for their mailing list of wealthy, gullible fools.

Other than that though...

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

Scruffpuff posted:

It's been suggested before, but it bears repeating. We should start a "Save Star Citizen" kickstarter, take all the moneys, buy the IP and assets, then, in the ultimate switcheroo, put Derek Smart in charge. That should fuel the fun here for the next decade minimum.

Oh hell yes!

Ol' Derek would be the finest of investors.

Neither devil or angel, just pure chaotic insane. It would be :pgabz:glorious:pgabz:

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

Siva68 posted:

What do you think would happen if Ben lost his necklace? I feel like that's his whole identity, also tuck the drat thing in.

Someone mentioned the Harkonnen heart-plugs from Dune earlier....makes you think.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

Xaerael posted:

You need an Unobtainium account to see this post.

You need to be playing Star Marine to see this post.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

Stanko-Prussian posted:

getting machines to do everything for you without understanding what the machine is doing for you is how you get from white rice to techpriests in humanity's dying imperium

Gotta agree with this.

Yeah, rice is hard, and it doesn't help that all the different kinds are differently hard.

But when you understand what's going on, and with a bit of practice, you can do loving rice witchcraft.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

cocaine dad show posted:

all of that trilogy is great, The Scar is one of my favourite books

gently caress yes, all of this.

Perdido St. -> Scar -> Iron Council trilogy first, then Embassytown or Railsea, for a whole different kind of madness.

China Mieville is one of the greatest writers ever, and has a truly weird & horrifying imagination that the the guy who came up with the stimpire could only dream of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

lordofthefishes posted:

In case anyone in here has E:D but not Horizons, picking up Horizons before tomorrow gets a golden Asp skin and access to the Cobra MK IV

The Cobra MK IV is pants, and anyone who flies a golden anything deserves whatever the stimpire Thargoids throw at 'em.

In case anyone here who's into actual working space games (and not just comedy shitposting, which is also fine) and hasn't yet got your basic E:D package, that's still very cheap, and you won't miss much.

• Locked thread