Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Hey, I'm from germany. Can somebody tell me how that can't be sued thing works, I wanna be an internet tough guy too!

:gary:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

MeLKoR posted:

This is actually true, publicly identifying and accusing someone of sexual harassment is serious business, especially to someone married. I wonder why Wulf Dick isn't threatening to sue? Is he one of those "turn the other cheek" ultra christians?

Silly, they are german, you can't sue somebody in germany.

Ok, I admit I'm a bit curious. Is there an actual story behind matilda/wulf/karl/:gary:?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

MeLKoR posted:

Maybe it was just a matter of giving Sandi a boost of emotional support during the con so she decided to take the higher road like the classy lady she is and not waste backer money fighting these vile personal attacks by Derek Smart. Since the claim CIG was running out of money was so preposterous that they didn't even bother to ask for a retraction because it's presence in itself discredited the really serious accusations against Sandi there was no other reason to sue.

- a thing someone surely posted somewhere, just without the sarcasm.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

It was about time I found out how to put people on ignore.

Eonwe posted:

this seraph guy gets constantly more loving insane lmao

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I wanna be an internet edge lord namefag

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

No cat picture for god knows how many pages, but a 50% seraph quote

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Actually its a quad-AAAA production, one for each mocap studio

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

walruscat posted:

Goons' insistence on bringing up Sandi's sex life in this thread is pretty disturbing.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

All three have completely different expressions, but say the same thing

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

alphabettitouretti posted:

Otherwise CIG will be forced to sell the POTATO again.

Is that a thing that really happened? :psyduck:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

How the flying gently caress is it even possible to spend 52.000 bucks on this? I'm not even talking about his obvious breakup with common sense, but shouldn't he run out of stuff to buy like 50.000 ago? I mean, I look at something like LoL, that has been out for what, 5-6 years and completely finances itself through the cash shop and if you'd buy literally everything ever, you'd probably not even spend 2000$
This poo poo isn't even F2P (or F2wait in this case), it has a retail price, but somehow you can still spend a few cars on this poo poo.
This is the most deranged and obvious cash grab I've seen, even if this game ever sees the light of day.

It won't :yarg:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Omi-Polari posted:

How long does everyone think it will be before Sandi snaps.

I'm not sure how someone can sing the Horst-Wessel-Lied on loving livestream and not be completely insane. How can you even think that this is a good idea?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

:psypop:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

MeLKoR posted:

Wait, what? I thought when you people mentioned "the nazi anthem" that she had just stupidly sang the entire german anthem not realizing that the first 2 stanzas had been memory-holed after WWII. She sang Horst-Wessel-Lied? How the gently caress does that happen? :psyduck:

I don't watch those livestreams (or anything else really, I just read the thread), but somebody in here said she sang the Horst-Wessel-Lied. The Deutschlandlied sounds a bit more reasonable, at least its not actually verboten.
Isn't there a video of that stuff somewhere? Now I'm really curious.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I like how these two have this nice little microcosm going, where nothing else can intrude :shobon:. Its like talking about ketchup, only less yummy and more butthurt.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The only thing where ketchup is acceptable is on a frikandel spezial. And even there it only works with mayo.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

:justpost:

No, really. Just stop

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

A Neurotic Jew posted:

the people who have been sent invites of 2.0 are reporting that there is indeed an NDA, no screenshots or livestreams.

edit:

:lol:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3ti101/ptu_does_indeed_have_an_nda/

What a completely unsuprising development, who would've thought?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

stuxracer posted:

Alright I am going to buy my way into the game. What package should I purchase?

All of them?!?

loving casuals

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Not the feature Star Citizen needs, but definitely one it deserves. You can even Mocap all the animations, wouldn't that be nice?

Nice meltdown though. I'd give it a B-.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Didn't even realize those were his first posts. Gonna have to up my rating to B+ at least then

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Thread is good again.

Happy whatever-it-is-you-people-are-celebrating

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Fick dich Karl

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I, too, would like to pay 3000, so I wont have to pay 60 + 25 to some evil publisher. Death to all DLC and P2W content. Btw, have you seen my Phoenix completionist package?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

D_Smart posted:

And it's two magazines btw. Even Gamestar, one of the biggest in Germany, said the same thing in their latest issue. They didn't see any gameplay and don't believe SQ42 will ever see the light of day in 2016.

It was (at least a few years ago) the biggest in Europe, so its nice to see them making GBS threads on SC. (They're also really really good)

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

sorla78 posted:

They didn't really poo poo on SC, regardless of them being unable to play anything for themselves - the article was rather positive and did not contain any critical stance against SC or raised any questions for that matter. It's clear that they aren't going to break their exclusive relation with CIG. They also claimed in the article that they have been told that CIG devs are able to play through all missions that make the first campaign as they exist in rudimentary state.

Yeah, but if they get exclusive infos and still think its not going to get released before 2017, then we get at least another year of this shitshow. Or they go broke before that, which would be even funnier.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

staberind posted:

So, close to 8000 posts since I last checked, game out/legal case happen?

As if any of that will ever happen.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Is there a connection between auditor and redditor? I think there is

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

I'm a bit out of the loop, has there been a lawsuit yet?

In two weeks. Unless D_Smarts uncle breaks his wrist of course

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

Thank you!
This is awesome because now I have done more game dev than Chris this week year

Yeah, right. Do you have any idea how much guts it takes to look at years of work, scrap it all and do it again, because its just not perfect yet? Chris is a true visionary, a real man, not some dancing cat person thingy like you. He can destroy more in a single day of cocaine induced fury than you will ever create in your life, punk.

Godspeed to you Chris :patriot:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Nation posted:

lol stop comparing roberts to actual directors its like comparing sandi to actresses

Competent directors insert themselves as silly characters, silly directors as competent characters. Sounds logical

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

EminusSleepus posted:

Then Chis Roberts is not the saviour of PC gaming, in fact he is the scourge because right now dlc is the plague of pc gaming

No, thats console gaming. Or was it Ubisoft? Any big publisher? Women? Hygene? Honestly I have no loving clue, what do those people think PC gaming needs to be saved from? :shrug:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Eonwe posted:

there has to be a way to auto block goons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alternatively:

pirates, people known to go after hard targets rather than easy pickings

thanks high admiral gabriel theowhateverrus

I wonder how many whales are Eve-carebears seeking a safe haven from goons.

Also the reason lowsec pirates aren't suicide bombing your poo poo all day is because entering highsec with -10 is a pain, not because of some strange e-honour thing.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

A Neurotic Jew posted:

hehe. he mad.

No, you see, when literally every games journalist on the planet writes something bad about SC/CR its because they all can't deal with change. You are all sheep, dominated by the unrelenting machinery of publishers and click-bait games journalism and CR is trying to deliver us from this dark future.

How can you write stuff like that and not immediately look for the next mirror to check if your brain is leaking?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

A Neurotic Jew posted:

for anyone who's missed it, Sarsapariller's ode to SC bugs is a pretty big hit and owns.

:five:

The guns falling of the invisible ship just killed me, send help

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Eonwe posted:

octopode do you want to say that you were dumb about the suffering remark

you don't even have to admit you pretend to be an expert about everything to defend your stupid loving game

but you could at least back off the suffering thing and then i can stop posting about it

Somebody admitting they're wrong on the internet? Thats gonna happen, just wait, aaaaaany moment.

Like I literally think Kimsemus is the only person I've ever seen anywhere on the internet who admitted being wrong.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

I enjoy that I can ruin that for you.

Wait, I thought the game was, despite all its shittyness and shortcomings and fidelity, at least supposed to be good-looking? Because thats not good-looking, thats poo poo

Honestly, that looks like its straight out of one of D_Smarts games.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

kikkelivelho posted:

That's the second version of the constellation. The newest, fourth version looks considerably better. It's almost like the game is in alpha or something. Unfinished assets, hello?

True, you can't really expect more from 18 months of development

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Xaerael posted:

Alternate captions

"Today on QVC, we have a surplus of Chins. No, not the asian guy in the back Sandi, you racist bitch."

"Lesnick's wife could only look on in envy as Ben evacuated himself for the first time while sitting on his in-studio $2,000 Restoration Hardware porta-potty"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Chalks posted:

People so delusional they're acting like CIG is a charity to find homes for orphaned space pilots or something.

I can't wait for this game to come out because it'll disappoint all these people and it will be glorious.

You're going to be very disappointed, they will defend the game until their last breath, while crying themselves to sleep every night. Kinda like I picture them now, now that I think about it

• Locked thread