Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Tokamak posted:

It is not policing the thread which would be a problem. Just the occasional problem user, and obsessives over on /r/dereksmart who think that SA mods are the illuminate.

But then again, who the gently caress actually reads reddit in general and /r/dereksmart in particular?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Y'all are hosed now.

What kinda hosed? There are good, bad and worst kinds

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

mike12345 posted:

MomA for mod. We need more diversity.

He certainly has all the smug and distinct lack of substance we've grown so accustomed to in our mods

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

You fuckers better make the cat tax mandatory, or I'm going to make FAU ban you too

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

SA stuff. PM me, I'm just trying to get some info, and I'm a dumbass who didn't save Derek's post. :downs:

You could always ask /r/dereksmart

Seriously, do not loving go there

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I don't care if the ban is justified or not, but if Derek melts down over it, I'm happy :allears:

We also have a cat, bunny and Kayak mod, CIG just did the thing and released a timeline that can't possibly go wrong in any way, shape or form and Derek will be back someday

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

All of this is good for Somethingawful, furthermore

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Also GoogleButt hosed up his tax, ban that motherfucker

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

What the gently caress is a gom?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Our new mod is a garbage can?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

What the gently caress is an IK?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Good loving lord, I love everyone in this thread

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Grandmother of Five posted:

am i missing a part of whatever is going on or are people actually getting probated for saying that doxxing is bad? unless they bake cookies

No, I think thats about it

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Daztek posted:

Hi, how was your thanksgiving

gently caress you

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

thatguy posted:

How much have the regulars in FYAD spent on... uhhhh... anime?

What exactly are you implying here? :colbert:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Anime is good

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

Don't apologise -- the pursuit of a higher moral character is something everyone should work for, not apologise for.

Which is why I'll keep on insisting that Anime is good, even if others can't see it.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

BIGGER

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Decrepus posted:

Imagine living in a world where you had to choose between Star Citizen or Line of Defense as your entertainment options.

Can't. Having too much fun playing actually fun games

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Blocking people is for the weak

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Are you 100% sure you didn't get boozed up and launch a different game?

There's only a small step between thinking up 200 page fleet doctrins for a game that doesn't exist and playing BF1 while happily dreaming it is Star Marine

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Propagandist posted:

I feel like we're watching an episode of DBZ, and Derek and MoMA are screaming at each other while powering up.

One of them is Yamcha and the other a saibaman, but I'm not sure who is who

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Checks out, considering I'm only talking to myself like 95% of the time

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

God these screenshots all look so horribly dull. You have the whole loving universe to choose from and every map and space station looks like somebody wants to reimagine the inside of a WW2 bunker for their space game.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

from a presumably disgruntled caterpillar owner on r/starcitizen_leaks

PARKING
SENSOR

This is it, this is the peak. It can't get any better, can it?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

D_Smart posted:

MoMa, before I place you on ignore, I would like to issue a statement saying why.

Since you appeared here and got on with the shilling, you have been an endless source of hilarity and excitement.

While we don't always see eye to eye, and despite the fact that back when I was mod and you were an incessantly annoying poo poo, and people asked me to ban you via a mod challenge, I refused. The reason being, annoying doesn't warrant such action.

Also, despite our differences, when we're not pissing about with Star Citizen, I have found you to be a pretty affable and hilarious guy; even amid the massive onslaught of derision that you get here.

So it brings me no pleasure today that I am going to set you to ignore (without setting to ignore those who quote you) because I feel that you have crossed that boundary between shill and blatant liar.

Now, to be fair, you have said that you don't have Evocati access, and that you are relying on third-party people you trust. However, the fact that you keep parroting that info as fact, even as I get derided for doing the same thing - despite the fact that I tend to be more right than wrong, makes you responsible.

That said, I want to go on the record with this, even as I sit atop this here hill that I am fully prepared to die on:

- Star Marine is not enabled for play in the 2.6 Evocati build that was pushed 48hrs ago. This is a fact.

- Star Marine, like Arena Commander, is accessible from the main menu, where it has always been.

- If the server is down and you try to connect/launch the game, you get an error warning (which I can simulate and post a screen shot if you'd like, since I know exactly what packets the client is sending. yay, Wireshark).

- The original version for 2.6.XXX is just that: 2.6. There is no a, b, or c

- The minor update they pushed shortly (some got it yesterday?) after 2.6, is a staggered minor update which, by all accounts, could be "b" (in your nomenclature)

Whatever they are about to push, won't be "b", that would be "c". Note that SC has never - ever used alphabets in their numbered builds.

- And the fact that they are about to push another update - according to you - so the game is inaccessible, is just plain FALSE. Just because they are doing a server-side push, doesn't prevent you from starting SC, then clicking on AC or SM icons. It doesn't work that way because SC is a client-server session based executable in which the client launches and can still run without ANY access to the server. This is why people can fire up the game, hack the files, and play SM off-line solo. That "waiting for player" message in the GUI is what I said above, about the client checking for a server connection to match to an instance.

Since the start I have said that you guys are running a campaign of lies designed to cover for CIG, while misleading other backers who contributed to this project's $137 million budget.

So it appears to me that if they are going to be now pushing an update in which SM is going to be enabled (without hacks), that would go toward the narrative that it was enabled all along, when in fact it wasn't - and there was no proof that it was or wasn't. It's a deception.

I have access to the Evocati build, as do other people I know. I have sources who work on this project and who would know more about it than you or I.

I have a lot of faults, but I don't make up lies in order to win a point or argument. People who know me, know that it's just not something that I would do because for me, there is no shame in being wrong - only the ensuing hilarity because that's how trolling works.

Up to this point, as I've said, as a dev, I can't in good conscience breach their NDA by creating a video proving my point. I wouldn't want my gamers doing that to me either.

Also, it could possibly also expose that account and allow CIG to ban it; while also leaving me open to a legally actionable lawsuit over breaching an NDA, which the Supreme Court has ruled is a binding agreement. Even a C&D would be something that, even without merit, would be regarded as a "win" for CIG and you rear end-clowns hoping they come after me. Something that despite my prayers to all the Gods that I know, for some reason, they still haven't.

To be clear. Yes, people* do have access to the 2.6 build with Star Marine enabled. But those people are not in the Evocati because the UI icon option is enabled.

Even though you are relying on third-party information, possibly from people who have an internal build that is NOT the same public Evocati 2.6, you are still aiding and abetting the on-going deception of other backers who, believe it or not, are entitled to knowing what is in a build they have paid for. To that I say: SHAME ON YOU!. I thought you were better than this.

ps: I am willing to toxx my SA account over my claims. So if the mods want to make that happen, I'm in.

Didn't read a single word of this poo poo

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I will :toxx: my account that Derek can't provide definitive proof that he can log in and play on the evocati server, cause I'm 100% sure he's full of poo poo.

Quoting for Uncle Smart-sama

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The best thing about this epic slapfight is that it doesn't matter one bit, because you'd have to drown in kool aid before seeing SM as anything but a giant turd
And its sooo much worse than the Ilfonic demo they showed like 20 months ago anyway. Yay for progress

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

aleksendr posted:

Your not thinking like a true Citizen. What we should ask now is "Can i disable someone Parking Sensor and prevent them to land so i can ambush them and trap them in my space dungeon for RP reasons ? Asking for a friend."

Rape: the inevitable consequence of parking sensors

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

TheAgent posted:

it also doesn't matter because its a video game

My 11 pages of shitposts itt tell me otherwise :colbert:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Kakarot posted:

if you make less than 5 posts per page for the next 10 pages, he'll be banned

Fat chance

Adbot