Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

At first I just thought he got a few hours probation. Dick move for sure, but still only a few hours.

Up until now I just thought that this was a fun thing to watch it burn, a developer who bit more than he can chew trying damage control on his failed creation. These last few pages however have convinced me that CIG and everyone involved is completely insane. Like Trump, if he was both a developer and the leader of scientology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Dancing Cat Man is slowly becoming my favourite goon. Also Citizens are loving insane

Martout posted:

ProTip for playing Star Citizen: KILL YOURSELF

Anytime you are stuck. Lets hope Ben doesn't read this

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

How do you get so fat? He's literally the fattest person I've ever seen.
In Germany we have a really dumb and bad show called "The biggest loser" where fat people get pseudo-bootcamped to lose weight. I watched it once and nobody there was close to this.

You weren't joking when you said that he can't wipe his own arse, right?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

hakimashou posted:

Does CIG do charity stuff?

Elite dangerous is having a silent auction for:

And all the proceeds go to some charity.

Does CIG do this kind of thing just grub up all the money they can get?

Sure, it all goes to the Chris Roberts Center For Wannabe Actress' Who Can't Act Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I still can't get past the "Delays and changes are always unfortunate, but in our case they are also one of the reasons the project is so special".

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Hello James Brand, I would like to kindly invite you to join us in our private forum. Since the early departure of Karl (God bless his twisted souls) and the Permaban of Seraph (good riddance you sick gently caress) we have a distinct lack of crazies to supply us with in-house crazy-stuff and I think you could fill that role admirably.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

That billion dollar pie, that nobody besides Valve, Riot and Blizzard ever has seen? Thats done as advertisment and not actually paying them any money?

Not to mention that nothing in SC is even close to being eSports, neither ingame (lol) or in Chris' coke induced feverdreams.

Madcosby posted:

Looks like Team Rico has spawned a constellation... heading to the landing platform... AND HE'S CLIPPED THROUGH THE FLOOR!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT

oh god, there's RoboFett, moving in, DOESNT CLIP HES IN THE PILOT SEAT AND CRASHES THE CONNIE INTO THE LANDING DOCK

TEAM ROBO WINS TEAM ROBO WINS

lol star citizen esports

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Rodney-CK posted:

As soon as CiG tries to sell a "5 more hours of cutscenes" pack and nobody buys it because they don't get a pretend thing.

This may also cause the inevitable storm of people protesting they want to make their own story, not be forced down the Roberts story vision.

If SQ42 offers in game bonuses for the PU, people will flip over that too since they want their magical super character to be special.

Outside of the technical impossibilities of the game, it will be a social explosion of rage before any of it comes to fruition, assuming they make it that far.

CiG just need to stop development entirely so they can continue to sell dreams. They're going to smash the piggy bank with progress.

Ultimately though, the CiG gravy train will eventually tip the scales, and everybody backing them today will be holding matches and gasoline tomorrow.

It will be beautiful :allears:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Sometimes I wonder if Derek can actually go a whole day in this thread without quoting his blog, saying "as I told before" or "^this. Period. End of story"

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Not that I disagree, VR looks like a hilarious "I wanna have that too :qq:" moment

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Mirificus posted:

Receive sales pitch

Isn't like 90% of this in Eve anyway?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Alright Lowtax, time to buckle up and finally tell us how much money you made off that idiot.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Can they really have lured 150,000 idiots to get an account in like the last month?

After Chris proudly told the world that 80.000 citizens played alpha 2.0 since they launched it? Suddenly they get double that in new backers in the same timeframe? Sounds logical to me :shrug:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I go get some sleep for a few hours and come back to 500+ new posts and holy moley this is the best thread.

I love everyone of you, every lurker, cultist, redditor, Sandi and the schizocrew, Chris, Octopode, Lowtax, Derek Smart, every goon and of course Beer and dancing cat man. Thank you for giving us this wonderful game/dream/thread/meltdown and I imagine 2016 will be a great year.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

:pgabz::pgabz::pgabz:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Young Freud posted:

Gryphon should have know that you're a Goon when you pay :10bux: to post on these forums.

He didn't even buy it to join some dumb MMO guild, he legit payed it to :justpost:

Tell us Gryphon, if you're not a goon, then who is? You're everything a goon should be besides being a raging rear end in a top hat and spending mad :10bux: on imaginery spaceships

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Now that is what I call a bona fide meltdown :allears:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

revmoo posted:

Whoa. Everything matilda posts just adds to the mountain of circumstantial evidence that it's Sandi. Trying (and failing) to speak in German is very much something she would do.

The german was okish, first time I heard anyone say "I'll squash you like a bug" in geman though.

:pgabz::pgabz::pgabz:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

It's just slightly off. Like I would expect my english reads like :shrug:
Don't think there's any story behind Matilda besides the insanity we can all see in the posting. Doubt Sandy speaks german that well anyway.

No Matilda, our mocking isn't working. Its not like you spew forth hate-fueled rant after rant.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

It's not her.

But we are an open community and in order to understand the cultists better we need to have our own Dream that we believe in, reality be damned.

surc posted:

:eng101: "as I expect my english reads " would probably be the best way to say that if you care about pedantic English poo poo, and also aren't intentionally doing that to drive home your point.

Also, :tinfoil:

Same

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Tippis posted:

How.

I know this question keeps occurring, but really. How?!?

~Dreams~

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I have a feeling that when this whole thing goes tits up, Sandi will release a teary-eyed video blaming goons/Derek for killing their dreams and the whales will easily eat it up.

Which will be awesome, we'll get all the accolades for their hard workmismanagement.

If Trump replaced every mention of muslims with goons he'd instantly win their hearts and votes

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

:getin:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Black holes don't work like that you morons :psyduck:

A stellar mass black hole has a Schwarzhild radius - distance from singularity to event horizon - counted in kilometers. At distances counted in light minutes the gravitational pull of the black hole will work exactly like any other massive object

Also no loving planets would be "absorbed" into the black hole that wouldn't be turned to dust by the supernova first

Does Chris know literally nothing about space?

How many black holes have you developed so far? :smuggo:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

aleksendr posted:

You must not critique a game before it’s finished or condemn it before it’s released but by all accounts and information available, honesty and common sense dictate that its clearly impossible for Star Citizen to keep its promises.

:allears:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

A Neurotic Jew posted:

this is an article they put out last february though. The new one hasn't made it up yet. Thanks for the translation though aleks.

It was clearly ahead of its time. Can't wait for the new one

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

quote:

Marketing - or the art of announcing without laughing that a virtual product has run out of stock.

Star Citizen: or the art of announcing without laughing that a virtual product has run out of stock.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I'd really like to hear what Octopode thinks of the current state of development.

Also holy gently caress Loiosh, what happened to you? We miss you, come back :ohdear:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Scruffpuff posted:

What's this? Spirited disagreements resolved amiably, without racist diatribes and name-calling? Reddit taught me that this forum is the worst of the worst, and their word is law. I don't know what to believe any more.

gently caress you, you little oval office

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Friendly Tumour posted:

Reddit still reporting imgur hosted pics to get them taken down? Cool.

That really happened?

Reddit is all kinds of strange

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

MeLKoR posted:

Oh yeah, that really happened, just look at the first dozens of pages in the thread. Some redditor (most likely Dolvak) ran a bot on the thread that reported all pictures. Then we started linking to their own pictures on reddit so the bot would report them. :laugh:
Then they stopped and denied everything. If you mention this on reddit the narrative is that this was all a false flag attack by the goons. Why would we run the bot on our own thread instead of directly on reddit? :downs: Why did we only start linking to their pictures after a couple of days of our poo poo getting instantly taken down? :downs: Why would we stop when all of their poo poo started getting taken down? :downs:
Shitizens didn't become famous for their logic prowess.

Amazing. So that was the starting point of the mythical Stargur? To protect their jpegs from the evil goons their own bot? :allears:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

So is this game going to come out? And has this game gotten any attention from the mainstream news? 100 million is a lot of money to crowdfund for spaceships.

No. No. Yes.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Your videos are the only links I actually click on in this thread. Haven't been disappointed so far

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I finally looked up what hearse means.
:boom:

MOAR posted:

True, but where there's poo poo there's gold, right ?

If thats true Star Citizen is the biggest gold mine on the planet.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

D_Smart posted:

Unless they get outside investment, they're hosed.

Which means they're hosed. Not like they have anything besides a Crysis mod and an eternity of mocap

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

You like your shooters, don't you?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

It appears that that Space Commando's helmet has melded with his big rebar cannon or whatever that thing is. That's an interesting design choice. Does Apocalypse Arms make different models of rebar cannon with different sized helmets attached?

Let me see you do better in a few hours with Sandi breathing down your neck

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Lime Tonics posted:

Alpha Patch 2.1.2 has been released to the PTU, and is now available for player testing! This patch is a very targeted bug fix patch for Crusader and Arena Commander.

Your launcher should should show “2.1.2-315233” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Test.

Please review our list of 2.1.0 Known Issues, and take full advantage of our Issue Council area of the Community site to report any bugs you encounter, as well as contribute to other players submissions.

Some important call-outs:

A jet-pack looking item has re-appeared on the back of characters in Crusader, that will occasionally flicker in or out of reality. We are aware that ArcCorp is still suffering from some texture problems and level of detail popping.

Contents: Arena Commander Module: Fixes:

Gameplay

Fixed an issue where destroying the turret of a ship would render it unable to be targeted by other players.

User Interface Fixed an issue where a ships HUD could be (accidentally) interacted with outside of free-mouse or HUD interaction mode.

Persistent Universe: Fixes:

Environment

Made several changes to potentially resolve the audio corruption that could be experienced during extended gameplay sessions. We are collecting reports and data for this issue in a single Issue Council report.

Thats all nice and all, but whats the download size?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Eonwe posted:

the exact same size as a fresh download

Your posting speed is something else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

SeldomSeen posted:

I like to think that they don't know what it is or where it came from, let alone why it appears and disappears.

I'd like to imagine that some fed up dev just puts stuff like that into the game without telling anyone. But there probably just that incompetent :shrug:

• Locked thread