Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Sarsapariller posted:

When you lay it all out like that, it's kind of nuts.

...bu...but this time when they say soon they'll really mean it!

I literally have no idea what it will take for the faithful to question Christ Roberts. Logically you would think that it would have happened by now, but plenty of them keep on believing. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Sarsapariller posted:

Summary: To call it "Unplayable" would be... generous. As a software developer I'm truly shocked that they would let anyone outside of internal testers see it in this state- but I realize that the demands of their bosses aren't exactly grounded in reality. Nothing I saw was truly unfixable though, and there are little glimmers of an amazing game peeking through here and there- EVA'ing to other people's ships was an incredible feeling, as was just standing in the docking bay lounge and watching people and ships interact. But in the current state it's really not stable enough to even evaluate whether or not the mechanics are interesting- mostly it's just an exercise in learning what not to touch to avoid crashing.

I would put these errors in the "Issue Council" except CIG did not send me a password to log into the ptu site when they sent me the PTU invitation. Guess they didn't want the feedback that much.

Over the weekend I realized that I had a PTU invite for 2.0 (it was filed away in my spam folder, almost like my computer was trying to tell me something), so I decided to try it out and see how things were "progressing."

After ten minutes and several crashes, the most that I got accomplished was warping out to a relay station and then I had my final crash and decided to play actual games that exist and are fun instead.

I am honestly amazed at the amount of self-delusion that it takes for redditors/streamers to play this thing for hours on end, when it literally crashes every few minutes for everybody that tries to play. Even if it was working, there still isn't much there - you can warp to a few locations in system, try to fight some dumb AI, and...that's about it? I mean, I'm not really expecting much from yet another tech demo, but I don't see how people are so amazed by a tech demo that doesn't even work.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

AP posted:

They also never said they'd never sell the phoenix again, they are very careful with wording now, mostly. They wanted people to think they'd never sell it again but I was pretty sure they would.

They have slipped up though, jump suit that came in the lightspeed pack, they'd never sell individually again and then did a while later. :lesnick: hosed that up and LTI is the most obvious example of them flat out saying "never" and then changing their mind because money.

I find the idea of selling "limited" .jpegs stupid in the first place, but yeah, it does show that CIG doesn't give a poo poo about their promises and money is money coke for Croberts to them.

Truga posted:

So is this their new Germany office? Please tell me it's actually in Poland :v:

Man, that place looks depressing. Is that a normal look for that kind of office? I have no idea.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

alphabettitouretti posted:

Like Gary Oldman's speech that Mark "Old Man" Hamill motion capture isn't quite right. Does anyone out there have a hankering to watch 10 hours of uncanny valley mocap with Croberts quality writing?

Could have been a lot more interesting if they'd gone for a mid-90s style FMV with digital sets. The writing would still have been poo poo but at least it would have had some novelty value.

The uncanny valley thing has been bugging me as well. Look at the picture on the magazine cover:

They quality and style of Hamill's face is on one level, while his helmet and his outfit are on a lower level - they don't match at all. It almost reminds me of one of those stands with the cartoon characters that have a hole cut out at the face so you can stick your head in it and take one of those dumb touristy pictures.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Sandi...Matilda2013...Waltzing Matilda is an Australian ballad...Sandi was born in Australia...

:tinfoil:

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Apparently Matilda's husband has problems with drugs and alcohol. That sucks.[/url]

Hmm...

???

!!!

It's all falling into place now...

:tinfoil:

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Didn't somebody also ask Dolvak about Wulf sending dick pics to people and Dolvak's response was something along the lines of "we all make mistakes," as if sending dick pics to people was a normal everyday thing?

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Sarsapariller posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3vsav1/top_secret_new_tech_december_16_livestream_p/

Speculation? Does anyone care?

I'm going to guess that it'll involve procedural planets, because the closest competitor to Star Citizen just released a procedural planet generator and it would be just like Roberts to ditch all of the work already done on planetside to pursue yet another tech.

You mean procedural planets in the background (how they visually look while you are flying around), or procedural planets for you to land on and walk around on with randomly generated terrain and structures? I could see the former, but not the latter, because of how much Roberts loves to approve and re-design things, I just can't see him giving up creative reigns to a computer's random number generator.

I could see a new buggy or buggy skin though.

Their livestream will most likely show something like their upcoming voxel-asteroid tech, where they will probably show us a pre-rendered demo, and then we won't see it again for a year at least.

And another ship for sale, of course.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Sarsapariller posted:

Crosshairs ruin immersion. You have iron sights for aiming your future space-gun and that is all you need. Nevermind that you have an alternate reality display that literally pops up information about anyone or anything you look at in real time- another design department did that. Guns are iron-sights only.

Maybe Star Citizen wouldn't suffer from it's grey-generic-FPS appearance if it just actively embraced some future technology poo poo. I mean you're right, if everybody is walking around with a VR display, there should be digital crosshairs connected to your gun sights, enemies should be outlined in red and given real-time threat assessment levels, ammo and grenade counts should be in your periphery, and all kinds of customizable UI clutter should be available for you to turn on and off at your preference.

Instead, the FPS elements of Star Citizen are really plain, really boring, and exactly the same as any other B-grade forgettable FPS game. It doesn't even look cool enough for merit, it's just nothing but grey textures and badly animated men running around.

imperialparadox fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Dec 7, 2015

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

tooterfish posted:

Even the Star Citizen patch needs a patch.

:vince:

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Oh god I don't even want to imagine the creep factor when these are revealed.

I bet the official forums will be overflowing with [Concern] threads about how the female avatar's breast size is too small or how their feet should be shaped more like the girls in the CS division.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Rad Russian posted:

If you criticize a whale you get permabanned. This is how it's gonna work in-game too.

I actually think that this is going to be the likely outcome to any goon shenanigans if Star Citizen ever releases. People like to fantasize about smashing pubbie spaceships and collecting tears (myself included), but I bet that "initiators of non-consensual PvP will eventually get banned from the game or segregated into a "griefer's server" once they blew up some random pubbie's ship one to many times, because that random pubbie also happens to be in the same furry ERP guild that some moderator belongs to.

EVE doesn't (generally) give a gently caress about player-interactions in the sandbox, Star Citizen, on the other hand, will probably go out of it's way to protect the feelings of whales because they will be the source of continued income.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Actually I suspect the opposite. CIG does not care about the backers, only money. If they create the impression that their brand new game is a heavily moderated shithole that caters only to the ultra rich elite who dropped thousands of dollars then new funds will dry up. Their entire business model is predicated on new customers to buy credits and game packages. Everything will be geared towards that.

Look at their marketing history. It's a litany of lies, broken promises, and high pressure tactics all built on shafting older backers for new money. You think after all that they're going to give a poo poo about a bunch of self-entitled pussies bitching about getting killed?

I completely agree that CIG cares more about the money (though they will go to the extant of lying to make it appear that they care more about the backers themselves), but I just don't see Star Citizen being able to rely on new customers for the bulk of its income. I have the feeling that the majority of people who would be interested in Star Citizen have already bought into it, so I don't see new customers being as lucrative for CIG as existing customers.

While some games are funded by large numbers of people spending a dollar here and there, I have the feeling that Star Citizen's funding is going to primarily come from the whales continuing to buy $600 jpegs to support the game (I don't think ship sales will ever stop, despite what CIG says). I also think that in the end SC will end up in a similar situation as MWO - with a smallish playerbase of dedicated whales who actually fund the game - because I think that the average gamer who is not already into Star Citizen isn't going to stay with it long enough to spend money on it once they find out that a lot of the game's features and style just aren't that fun (generic FPS, newbie-unfriendly flight model, candycrush multi-crew mini-games, etc., etc.). While Star Citizen has received an absurd amount of money and promises anything that you can dream up, I'm just not sure what kind of staying power the game is going to have once people realize that the majority of the game is just different versions of hauling 10 space-butts and killing 10 pirates types of missions - I don't think that Star Citizen will end up with the kind of player-run meta that keeps people playing EVE, for example.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

At least it's on Steam now

Peter is my favorite poster. :cabot:

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Daztek posted:

Soon we can all crash horribly enjoy Star Citizen Alpha 2.0. Just in time for the december sale!

Yeah I'm pretty sure that they will push this to live in time for (or the day of) the sale, whether it's broken or not.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Sarsapariller posted:

In a server instance, I think, 40 would be fine. Many more would be fine. But in a fight, more than a handful makes it just an incomprehensible random mess of ships because the ranges are too low.

What's hilarious to me is that there are people who bought the Idris and the Javelin - giant, multi-crew capital ships - and there is the very real chance that the game will not support enough players in the same instance to actually run the ship...what happens then?

Congratulations, you literally have a $2500 hangar queen.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

I actually tried the PTU yesterday (it's actually seems to be stable now), and combat with other players basically follows one of two patterns:

1. The average player, who has probably never even played Arena Commander, is an easy target no matter what ship they are in. Especially hilarious when you are in a fighter and they are in a Constellation, because you can basically circle-strafe them to death without ever taking a hit.

2. Competent player, in which case neither one of you will win, because it takes a really long time to drop shields and damage a ship that is flying evasively, and there is no real way to stop somebody from just warping away once a fight starts to turn against them.

Related to number two, I think that there might be some kind of MWO hit-detection issues going on (another Cryengine game). If you shoot at a stationary Hornet, you can kill it in a couple of seconds, but if you duel somebody good at maneuvering, even though the UI registers hits, it takes literal minutes of sustained fire to even dent a shield. I have the feeling that all hits aren't being registered, but also that Hornet's are absurdly though right now (they are a harder kill than a Constellation).

The best way to kill anybody that is smart enough to run away is to note which direction they are fleeing to, and then follow a few seconds later. Most people flee towards Points of Interest, especially towards the station that does repairs, so if you wait long enough you can usually catch them as they are landing at the repair bay and get a free kill and valuable player-feedback.

The most entertaining thing I've done on the PTU is jacking people's Constellations though. I hover above the big ship landing pads in the starting station (not in a ship, on foot), and after a player gets into his ship I drift down to the Constellation's top-side airlock, enter the ship, and hide in a bunk. After they arrive at a destination I get out and wait to see if they exit their pilot seat, at which point I gun them down to take the ship.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

MeLKoR posted:

Do you have to wait for them to get up to shoot them? Why can't you just shoot him and unceremoniously shove him aside?

Right now people are invincible while seated. Immersion!

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

G0RF posted:

Ben is in ecstasy as Chris speaks; Alexis knows her husband's heart truly belongs to another.

I liked how they threw out PR bombshells with the discussion about the new "we don't give a poo poo about your ship criticism" forums and then proceeded to instantly change the mood by bringing Christ Roberts out to pacify the masses.

Well played CIG, well played. :golfclap:

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Second experience was to get a Cutlass. Sadly nothing you do in the hangar translates over to your actual ship which means that all of those rented guns and UEC purchases will mean precisely dick for the moment. Likely this means any REC purchases will expire before you use them again (unless you play Arena Commander).

I was able to mount Longswords and Tarantulas in my hangar, and that loadout carried over into the PU. Maybe it's a Cutlass specific bug? :shrug:

Fun facts:

1. Ballistics are incredibly overpowered. It only takes a few volleys to kill a ship, as compared to long bouts of sustained fire with an energy weapon.

2. The safe zone around the station is 5,000 klicks. Even though you lose your gunsight pips when you are that far out from a targeted ship on the landing platform, your ballistic rounds can travel that far and you can snipe people on the landing platform even though the UI is showing you to be out of range, meaning that you are perfectly able to kill people in the safe zone. It makes me wonder how long it takes before your rounds actually despawn, or if your fired ammunition just keeps traveling until it gets off the map? In any case, this is a good case for why the landing zone should be a covered area like it is in Elite - anything out on the platform is a sitting duck.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Dirty Hairy posted:

In case anyone missed it last night, an active poster, who by all accounts was pro-CIG and had a clean forum history as far as I could tell, accused Toast (and rightfully so) of corrupt behavior by showing favoritism and inconsistency with enforcing forum rules. This person received an immediate 10-year probation. It's also worth reading Ben's final words on the subject.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6066010/#Comment_6066010

If I'm remembering correctly, the person who got banned is a bit of a whiteknight as well, which makes it funnier.

This should be an important lesson for the faithful, but I'm sure that they will make the wrong conclusion from it.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/305449/why-they-are-griefers/p1

It's to bad that I don't believe that the PU will ever actually be a finished product, because playing in it would be amazing. :smith:

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

Once they fired Niko

Wait, they did? Any funny story behind this, or was that piece of crap just quietly let go?

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Daztek posted:

You can only submit grieving griefing reports with the NewsVanShip

I like the idea of a bright yellow news-van-spaceship-jpeg to clearly mark where the streamers are to snipe. Very considerate.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Oh hey next year CIG is separating Squadron 42 and Star Citizen starting January 31st.

I'm not watching the stream, so did they explain what they mean by that?

Just guessing, is this part of their attempt to get the first Chapter of S42 out the door so they can see they delivered on their promise of a game?

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Some goon please log in and ram Croberts to death. You would forever be remembered in the Halls of Valhalla, all shiny and chrome.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

and just like last time they tried to upstage E:D, they are failing

I remember when people used to get annoyed or deny it when stuff like this got pointed out. Funny how things have changed with time.

spacetoaster posted:

You should demand a refund.

Chargeback!

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Amarcarts posted:

They accidentally left the cameras on at CIG after the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCqnrJsyoRY

Merry Christmas

Holy poo poo. Is this real life? Shut down the 'Verse boys, it's done. It's done.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The problem with gameplay is that he has to deliver mechanics because Squadron 42 is supposed to be the flight experience of Star Citizen. Years ago Erin said that SQ42's release would be a "final, polished" game. That means that all of the core gameplay needs to not only be done but also refined and balanced. That means that flight, combat, missiles, sensors, EVA, FPS, and the component system all need to be fully integrated. I'm not convinced CIG is going to have that done before the end of 2016.

I suppose that the very basic building blocks of SQ42 are already developed, because if you think about it Arena Commander is likely going to be the framework for the majority of SQ42 gameplay. SQ42 is probably just going to be set-piece fights within enclosed areas of space that happen between hour-long cut scenes; I seriously doubt that there will be much freedom in terms of flying off out of the "encounter zones" to explore other areas in SQ42. So with that thought, SQ42 will basically be zoning into different Arena Commander maps and engaging the AI that is there, and I expect that SQ42 is going to be a very linear game if finished, with a handful of divergent story pathways similar to the old Wing Commander games, but nothing really new or revolutionary in terms of gaming experiences.

You are right though, at three years into development (or whatever it is) many of the core systems such as fuel, sensors, customization, etc. are still talked about by the designers as very vague concepts, and they often admit that they still aren't even sure how these various systems are going to be implemented. While a lot of the customization options aren't strictly necessary for SQ42 (there really isn't a need for the player to be able to customize a ship within a military story since equipment is issued), CIG still hasn't gotten down basic things like weapon balance or the flight model in a game about flying. This is probably the result of the overall problem with CIG - Croberts cares more about making a movie than he does a game, so his company spends all its time doing mocap and hiring actors for Sandi to play with while they work on the actual game as a sort of side-project that is in a development hell of constant bugs and restarts. If you think about it, Vanduul Swarm is basically the first iteration of a combat mission for SQ42, and Vanduul Swarm is incredibly easy and extremely boring after the first few playthroughs, and adding voice actors and Gary Oldman's head to a chat window isn't going to make the gameplay any more exciting or really add anything to that.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

AP posted:

No same guy but he probably got shaved in the reception area at the new office.

Nice to see CIG continuing it's proud tradition of supporting misogyny and creepy Reddit stalkers!

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

It also boggles my mind how so many pve shittizens just dont buy into elite given that its basically everything they could want from SC sans player characters to enact their rape fantasies with.

I think that you essentially just answered your own question.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Also, apparently the Freelancer is larger, more maneuverable, and better armed than the Cutlass, continuing CIG's tradition of gently caress you pirates! :lesnick:

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My few interactions with the upper CIG staff give me the impression that there is a bubble of perception around them and they try very, very, very hard not to let anything breach it.

Well, why would they want to let anything from the outside in, when they are sustained by true believers to the tune of 100+ million dollars?

I also think that you are giving Ben too much credit, he seems to handle everything pretty lovely and I don't have much sympathy for him. I don't get the point of being all "Well, he spit on my face but he's probably under a lot of stress..."

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

starkebn posted:

When the physics let's you throw your ship around so easily and bring your main guns to bear on your target there is no reason to have turret.

Secondly, if you're throwing your ship around to get your main guns on target the turret gunners are equally being thrown around being made sick and useless because they can't track a target.

Big, lumbering bomber planes had turrets because they just flew in flat, straight lines and let the turrets line up targets.

Yeah, turrets only really make sense on really big ships that are literally too cumbersome to keep up with maneuvering - and on those ships the turrets should out-damage a fighter to give a player a reason to man a turret as opposed to flying another spaceship. CIG seems to fail at grasping this concept.

The Retaliator, a military bomber that bristles with turrets, is currently an utter failure and probably the least threatening ship in the "game" because the pilot doesn't even have any guns to fire - he has to rely on crewmen to man turrets, which use some of the weakest guns in the game, so they come out to be ineffective anyways.

Meanwhile, the Constellation, which is sort of a a civilian generalist ship, is vastly better at combat because it has damaging guns that are controlled by the pilot. Sure, the Constellation has a couple of useless turrets as well, but it's damage output is mainly dictated by the pilot, so the ship can actually do something.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

I love the Reddit comments about the article:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3yim82/new_pc_gamer_sq42_article/cydqt11

Development is so open nobody can see anything! :v:

...these people...

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

People have compared it with the ship being an FPS dude noclipping through space. Although people have mentioned that its because thrusters are too strong, I seriously doubt they've done the groundwork to have things like mass and inertia being taken into consideration yet. Mostly because 1)Modules aren't working yet . 2) Hauling isnt a thing yet

To be fair in recent patches the flight model now feels vastly different - all ships now move more sluggishly and tend to drift for several seconds despite any maneuvering that you might do - they basically handle like rear end. For example, the Super Hornet now handles like a boat, but the "agile" ships like the Gladius also handle just as poorly now, which pretty much makes your light-fighter type ships pointless in the face of heavier fighter's superior hull strength and weapon loadouts since they both handle the same.

Despite this, they still don't feel like actual vehicles, though I have a hard time expressing why that is.

In Elite, even though there is no "realistic physics" going on, the ships feel like massive hunks of metal, and you can actually get a feel of straining against your inertia as you try to pull up or whatever...

In Star Citizen, everything feels more disconnected, almost like your fighting against input lag or de-synched controls.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

tooterfish posted:

Rocket science is something best not left up to artists.

Who knew!?!

This is exactly the problem with Star Citizen. They wanted to have "realistic" thrusters and physics, but they designed the ships first while only being concerned with how they look and not giving a thought about the actual engineering choices that would go behind why and how a ship's thrusters are laid out, so CIG basically ended up with a complex mess of a flight model that they still have to cheat by adding "ghost thrusters" and arbitrarily deciding the values for the outputs of the ship's thrusters.

When they ended up at that point it just makes the design look rather foolish, because they could have just eyeballed everything and dictated ship handling based on role to better effect.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Frankly I think their physical thruster model will be the first thing they nuke when it comes time to finally start culling features. It's stupidly complex, provides little benefit to the player over simply using pre-set pitch/roll/yaw rates, utterly fucks over balance, and is completely incompatible with their current pipeline that starts with concept art and ends with engineering. IMO there's one simple change that would dramatically improve things and could also be explained in lore; make it so that quantum drives work by "grappling" with nearby gravitational fields and thus can be used directly for pitch/roll/yaw like an internal gyro. Currently there are three forms of control motion (at least this is what Pritchett said last year). Large thrusters move the ship, maneuvering thrusters precisely control orientation, and then there's an internal gyro. If instead they simply said the gyro was powerful enough to do whatever it wanted and that the thrusters were only used for gross motion then they could dramatically reduce their workload. Precise control would be directly handled by the gyro (and would automatically compensate for any rotation induced by thrusters firing) while your thrusters can still shoot around and let your shift move forward/back and strafe. Far easier to handle, you can introduce different quantum drives to change performance (balancing quantum travel with maneuverability), and you can balance values by tweaking an XML file instead of having to re-engineer the whole loving ship.

But what the gently caress do I know, I'm not a visionary game developer.

Yeah, Croberts has this weird thing where he claims that he wants to invoke the feel of WW2 dogfighting in SC (which essentially translates to Star Wars or WIng Commander), but the "physics-based" flight model completely runs counter to that idea.

When I watch Star Wars I see X-Wings and Tie Fighters fly around in space (and now an atmosphere), and not once when watching these movies to I give a gently caress about how aerodynamic they are, where their maneuvering thrusters are placed, or whether or not if their design is really ideal for a spaceship - I just like watching them zoom around and blow each other up with space-lasers.

Star Citizen claims that it wants to follow a similar model, but since they introduced this idea to the community that the flight model is based on "realism," they've opened themselves up to having to figure out how and why things work. So now, when you compare Star Citizen to Star Wars, you end up with a situation where you don't care how an X-Wing performs a barrel-roll, loops around, and maneuverers through a trench - it just does - and meanwhile Star Citizen is left spending a lot of time and resources running calculations to explain how a Hornet can turn to the left with it's thruster placement and output, when they could have just been concerned with actual fun instead and just said that the Hornet turns to the right at a rate of "X" because that's what feels right.

(Semi-related I also think that the thruster model for Star Citizen is part of what fucks up the netcode for the game, with so many clients trying to communicate so much information between themselves during split-second dogfighting encounters, unless they started to fudge this as well)?

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

MeLKoR posted:

Oh yeah, no one is going to kill themselves when this goes belly up. :smith:

Holy poo poo it's hard to believe this stuff is real.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

hakimashou posted:

2.0 is :perfect:

For real, I hope they never change it.

You can spawn camp the spawn station and blow their ships up before they can get in them and Im pretty sure even kill them as they are walking on the pads and its obnoxiously loud and noisy for everyone in the thing.

That's fun for a while but I think it's more interesting to stalk people going to the comm relays, especially if they are in the process of clearing out the pirates in order to do one of the quests. Let them kill all the NPC's, wait for them to exit their ship, and then blow their ship up, leaving them stranded and with no way to continue the quest. Bonus points if they are alive and start asking in chat for somebody to come pick them up, because that just means new targets are coming.

You can also attack people but not kill them - they will usually flee and head for the repair station to get fixed up. Follow them, let them land and get repaired, and then blow them up before they take off. For some reason most Shitizens expect everybody to follow some kind of space-bushido code as to where you won't attack them on the repair platforms, so they tend to get really upset about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

AP posted:

I'll kick myself if it turns out Star Citizen is good and I missed the chance to spend $2500 on it.

But on the other hand I'll still have a basic game package so I really hope it doesn't bother me that much. I will feel a bit embarrassed though in game when people bring the subject up. "Don't you feel a bit guilty getting the same experience for a fraction of the cost?" they'll say, and I'll just feel terribly guilty about it and shuffle about from foot to immersive experience foot.

Look at this guy, with the answer that owns and owned.

• Locked thread