Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...

Grimey Drawer

janssendalt posted:

hey guys and goons
this game is coming out
and it's going to be the best

I looked into my crystal ball and it claims the game will be coming out at the end of the next decamillenium. So I don't think you should trust that source, it looks fishy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Derek lied blogs died

Star Citizen has the same chance of coming out as my cat has of getting this sweet, sweet bunny meat:

(No silly cat you won't ever get into the neighbour's special bunny reserve. Give it up.)

Her reaction on Derek's delayed doom blog.

Later, I had to bath my kitty to clean up the dirt from trying to climb into the bunny cage the stench of Christ Robot's failure.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

my cat was really needy this morning

she always is when im leaving for work

its like, gently caress you i come home from work and you decide to go sleep, but when im leaving you want me to stay

and if i stayed she'd go sleep somewhere

drat cat

At least your cat isn't walking across your keyboard if you want to work. And if you shove her off, she sits down on my desk and looks at me with this accusing stare

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Karl_Ramseier posted:

I think she likes me. What happens if a schizophrenic person loves one of his or hers personalties. Can they have babies?

I don't think so. On your question, yes that is possible. As an expert on the matter of brain babies, I can tell you the true fact that not only is it possible, the resulting brain babies are called "Horrors" and they will eat you from the inside until you are a hollow shell of a human being. So I can't really recommend making them, instead seek the therapy you need.

God speed, weird space friend.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

revmoo posted:

So guys I've been wondering why all these star citizens seem to be auditors. Can you think of any other organizations that have the concept of auditing?

I remember reading about auditors in a book once. Isn't there like, just one organization employing auditors? Also if Karl Ramseier is an auditor too, he does a poo poo job at impersonating a human being.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

What is "real"

This is real

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BastionPete posted:

SC subreddit imgur posts getting bombed
The idea that this was a 'friendly fire' incident doesn't really hold any water IMO. The fact that every image without exception got taken down, leads me to believe that it was a deliberate attack. There were plenty of really obscure images taken down that were posted years ago that weren't originally posted in this thread. I say originally because after the news broke, some then started posting more links here to images to try and get them taken down by proxy. I could be wrong on this one, but I really don't think so.

Man that's harsh. So you think a Redditor attacked subreddit imgur posts out of pure malice, instead of just stupidity? You're too cynical for me.

peter gabriel posted:

Someone on the official forums just said that if people didn't keep going to customer service with their issues then maybe they wouldn't be so busy

If that guy didn't immediately get incinerated by a lightning strike, God doesn't exist.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

Some wrongheaded people boil ribs to make them more tender despite this causing the meat to lose all of its natural juice and flavor.

As a dude that smokes meat all the time this makes me unreasonably upset.

Hearing this makes me glad I don't eat red meat, because the idea of people boiling that stuff for a BBQ sounds just so hilariously wrong to me.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Pendent posted:

Is there a reason why every time I click this thread people are asking for refunds instead of selling their .jpg to reddit spergs? I just cashed out the last of my pledge and made a tidy profit.

Because at this point, this would mean abusing the mentally ill and I think most people in this thread are above that.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

Received my Travel Mug today. Not happy about the quality.

Well, good luck with your trouble-ticket. Should be about four weeks to respond, then 4-6 weeks to ship you a replacement which may or may not be better.

He should have bought an official Elite-mug. I expected rubbish and a month waiting time, instead it looked pretty good and came in less then two weeks.

Heh. Two weeks. Weird coincidence. :v:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

Why do all yankee cats have their tongues sticking out like they're sick?

When cats stick their tongues out, they're feeling happy. It's like smiling for humans. If you think about it, they're strangely similar to dogs in that regard. Probably one of the reasons some cats and dogs can get along with each other.

For comparison's sake:

Cat hunting .jpgs

Cat surprised to find no game in this box.

Happy cat. (Because she actually doesn't care about Star Citizen.)

1500 posted:

FD just announced 1.5 beta next week, and Horizons Beta on Nov 24. I actually now feel sorry for the poor Dev that CR will now work to death in order to get AC 2.0 out the door.

They'll probably fail anyway. It'll be a human tragedy.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

Between myself and family I've dealt with around a dozen cats and the only time I saw their tongue was when they were grooming or with respiratory problems.

Then your cats aren't happy. Sorry you learned this way.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

alphabettitouretti posted:

Has your cat not learnt the trick of placing themselves between you and the food so that you are shocked by the sudden appearance of their crusty buttonhole in your face giving them an opportunity to steal something.

My cat loves to wait until I put mustard on something and sit down to eat, then she suddenly walks across my knees and puts her tail into the mustard. Then I have to hunt her across my apartment to clean her tail before she can smear mustard over something important.

Slowly I'm starting to think she does this on purpose, the little rascal. :3:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

No, I don't believe it will die, but it will have a serious and long lasting impact. Especially in the gaming sector.

I don't know, Black Friday didn't make people stop using stock exchanges and tulips are still loved around the world. As always, it will be sad for the people losing their money, but the rest of the world will make a joke out of it and then forget.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

What gets me every time I hear about another mentally ill person spending all their money on JPGs is the sheer amorality of Chris Robert's scheme. Why does nobody there go "Sorry, but we heared you'll get evicted and lose your wife and children over maxing ten credit cards for us, that's creeping us out. Here's your money back and uhh please give us a bit less if you consider backing us again." Why the hell are they just sucking down the money and feeling great about it? Are Chris and his cohorts secretly servants of Mammon, one of the seven princes of hell?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

duck monster posted:

A shitload of pages too late, but... I went as far as buying a fancy joystick with throttle and everything just to make this game playable and I still cant loving drive this game at all.

And I say that as someone who played Eve and was half decent at it (eventually) which is a total mindfuck of complexity.

Something like Rebel Galaxy is more my pace. pew pew spaceboot shootemup

Have you tried mouse + keyboard or a XBox360-controller? Some people for some reason have trouble with one way of playing Elite and just needed to switch to another way to have fun. It's probably whatever your muscles are more familiar with. For me mouse+keyboard is the bane of my existence, simulator games like Elite simply don't work if I play them this way. But if you played a lot of games with mouse+keyboard but weren't even born when all games were played with joysticks, you'd probably be more familiar with mousecontrol than with joysticks.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Oh yeah, because every politician that goes on Fox News, is a loving moron. Got it.

From my view point, they are. But then again, I'm not an American and have a dim view on all American politicians equally, so

I have no idea who that "Vox Day"-guy is, but he makes me wish I had money to give Christ Roberts, just to spite him. Or never mind, that's stupid. Are there well-known feminist organisations who accept donations?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

I disagree. And it's HIS platform. I got invited.

Well then just answer by e-mailing him a picture of that cartoon girl who makes a kissy face while giving double middlefingers. Not answering would be rude, after all.

Actually going sounds like a bad idea though don't do that.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Omi-Polari posted:

It's because video games are literally for children.

After mullling the problem over a bit, I can only conclude those guys must be addicted to video games. What they think is ennui is just their brain getting numb from their latest fix, so they need a new one. The games "feel stale" for them because after playing games for so long, their brains simply stopped releasing that weird happyness drug (I forgot what it was called) endorphines. If they want to have fun playing games again, they actually would need to stop playing for a while.

Star Citizen is of course the perfect drug for them, since they can't play it. So it will always be the hope which keeps them addicted. If it ever comes out, even a perfect game would leave them strangely bored after two weeks. Of course it always will the game's fault, never the junkie's.

Edit:

gently caress. I literally remembered right after clicking "submit". :mad:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Namefag Edgelord posted:

Seriously though you guys I was really funny on page 317 and I feel strongly that I should get a reconsideration of my permaban, clearly I am capable of quality posting. Imagine if you accepted me as one of your own instead of continuing to reject me over and over again like an unwanted ginger stepchild with PTSD.... wait... wh...

err but yeah, think it over, because I could totally take that positive energy, and like put it into my heart and stuff and then make good and funny posts. If I wasn't banned.

Protip: No one in the history of ever has started a sentence with "I was funny" and was right. Now sit back and take my negative energy like a man

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

I think you'd be mad paying for a pointless metal card just to laugh at people who pay for pointless metal cards. You can do that for free, though I wouldn't mind seeing a jpg of the design.

A JPG would be better yes, considering that motive would need to be really stylised to prevent looking like poo poo on metal. Better to just look at the design. Or hell, just fire up Mass Effect again. :v:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mirificus posted:

On the other hand, with mods, Skyrim is probably closer to the life replacement simulator that a lot of Star Citizens seem to want.

To be fair, Skyrim (even in vanilla with just the expansions) is a lot of fun. Star Citizen looks like anti-fun to me. And it looks like the only fun in SC will ever be us mocking this shithow.

But as a game? Hell, now. There are only a very specific and small number of bad games I'm willing to play and Christ Robot's masterpiece will never be on it. (Because it will never come out. :v:)

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Loiosh posted:

The Night's Dawn books by Peter F. Hamilton also dealt with one of the possible progression passes of space battles, where lots of small micro drone ordinance/counter ordinance was used. His later Commonwealth books would deal with energy weapons, most ship to ship combat would last a second or less.

My favorite is Alastair Reynolds in the Revelation Space series. Nothing quite like some slow and difficult speed-of-light combat that could last years.

My favourite in dumb space war poo poo was always the Transform Cannon and similar weapons. Nothing like ending a fight by just teleporting ordinance directly into the enemy ship.

Those things used giant fusion bombs as ordinance, though. This meant even near misses could be hilariously effective.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

That RSI Mod messed up. He forgot to actually list your troll posts and instead copy+pasted some of your good posts instead. Man, must he feel stupid now!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Truga posted:

Source your quotes

You don't even need quotes, just cyncism. People are always stupider as you assume.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

1500 posted:

And you are still making poo poo up and projecting. Its ok, some day you will wake up and take responsibility for your own feelings.

By his own logic, he is lying. Stop arguing with an evil liar, it's not worth it

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dunite posted:

So, if you take a poo poo during a jump does that mean you leave a lightyear long skid mark across the galaxy?

e: This is the effect that food undergoes near Bens mass/black hole.

Having seen what SC considers a space toilet, I would say there are no shits. No human being has an rear end formed weird enough to sit down on that thing.

Seriously, if I were living in that world and one day walked into a space ship to see that toilet, I would immediately turn around, walk out and never leave my planet again.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

I just can't think of anything to say because that was the most bizarre stream. They have a game ready to release to the public and they spend three hours interviewing each other and talking about motion capture. Meanwhile, new ships on sale for ridiculous prices, old ships with wingfins for more money, here's a whales-only club that will cost you $1000 to get into. And then last minute- it'scomingouttoday here'savideo bye!

It's like Chris has completely detached from the day-to-day reality of his project. Or, more likely, they set a deadline of "Have something out today or you're all fired" and they're just running with it.

Even just reading about this stream shows this is now essentially a scam, even if it didn't start this way. I can now only feel pity about all those people losing their money to Christ Robot and his cohorts. Those people may be dumb or just weak-willed, it's still sad seeing someone preying on mental illness like that.

I mean drat, I know you can't forbid people from using their money as they want to in a free society, but gently caress this is just embarassing to witness.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

what a loving trainwreck, and of course people are excited about that

ahaha

This stream is a good way to test people's mind for mental illnesses: Just show it to someone and ask afterwards: "Would you give CIG money at this point?"

Everyone who says "Yes" gets immediately thrown into a lunatic asylum.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

robot roll call posted:

I was never personally involved with SC...until now. My friend just asked if I wanted in on his referral code for one of the 30 dollar packages :yarg:

Since you're his friend you of course have done the right thing and contacted the authorities about the dangerous madman running lose, I hope? :v:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Loiosh posted:

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate. PC release is tonightish.

Though no SLI support, which makes me a saaaad panda :(

Don't worry, we weren't really assuming you were playing the SNES-version of Syndicate on an emulator

That said, instead of setting your money on fire by giving it to good old Chris, you could have had more fun by wasting it on an Acorn Archimedes and a original copy of Syndicate for it.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

fuctifino posted:

If any of you have a CIG account, it looks as though you can crash the PTU party?
http://ptu.cloudimperiumgames.com

Well, I had one I never used after I joined up with MWO-goons. (I still don't really understand why SC goons and MWO goons were connected like that.) But it turns out, RSI erased it!

quote:

Hi ,

A password recovery request was made using this email but unfortunately, it's not linked to an account.

If you need personal assistance, please feel free to contact us directly by visiting: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/contact

Sincerely,
Roberts Space Industries

Fuckers. Why do they still have my e-mail if they just closed my forums account without ever telling me? Either erase all my data or nothing, you bumbling cretins

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

I just got that error, it is the right email address as well

Welp, my curious nature made me ask support what the hell happened to my account, now I'm going to sleep. Let's time how long support needs to send an answer. If they need two weeks I'll roll my eyes at them, though.

Edit:

OK, I think now I understand the logic behind this: Apparently the system blindly accepts every e-mail you type in and gives you a green success-message. Then the system notices there isn't actually an account connected with whatever you typed in and sends this error message out. Weird and backwards, but welp.

But now RSI wants me to make another account for their helpdesk just so they can answer my question? OK, at least this is automated and just needed me to set a password.

In three days I'm promised an answer!

Libluini fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Nov 20, 2015

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Alexander DeLarge posted:

We're not talking 300 employees for the past three years though. Look at the growth of their studios. These studios are placed in cities where they have huge incentive programs for the arts, so who knows what trickery those accountants are up to, but I see your point on benefits. Okay, maybe they've spent half, but I highly doubt they're near the red.

Not to mention the freelancers that are coming in, doing their work and leaving to the next freelance gig.

Yeah, it's probably not that bad. If we account for growth and shrinkage over the course of the last 3 years, I'd probably go with about half what a 300 employee company would cost for the entire time period. If I add in the crazy cost modifier for stuff like multiple mocap-studios, I'd guess they blasted around 60 million dollar into the ether so far.

So judging by the progress they made in the last 3 years, I guess they will run out of money in about another year and the entire project will collapse about two years before release.

Now if they were lying about the number of backers and the amount of money they made, boy would they be in trouble

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Loiosh posted:

My guess would be 1 more year (So, 2017) before you'd see the first alpha of what would be an SC MMO. Which would be about 5 years after 2012. Most here like to count 2011 as the start date, so let's say 6 years then. That's about what I would guess, 2017.

So you guess SC will never come out, then. Because in 2017 they will run out of money, at the last. Probably they'll be in real trouble already by the end of 2016.

Let's save these little posts of ours for eternity and see who will be right in the end. I say by 2017 SC will be deader then Duke Nukem Forever was, you say in 2017 angels will come down from the heavens and give us the real Star Citizen (while presumably slaughtering Chris Roberts and his ilk for being sad clowns, angels are hardcore like that).

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Romes128 posted:

nerds with credit cards

Probably no-one, at this point. I stopped believing in their published numbers about one thread ago.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

KillHour posted:

I just wanted to geek out about double precision floating point numbers and quaternions; I don't even know how I got dragged into this mess.

I think DSmart might literally be the antichrist.

Man, you're a slow one, aren't you? Didn't Christ Rollboat's name tip you off? Who would fight Christ if not the Anti-Christ?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

I read something years ago about figuring out position stuff and my head hurt, so I didn't try to read it again. Everything about Eve caused me pain now that I think back.

EVE isn't too bad these days. But this is from a guy who loves MO3, so take this with a grain of salt. :v:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I remember Derek mentioning he filed his lawsuit a couple days ago.

Any bets on how much of the money collected from insane people Christ Robot will squander on defending himself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

no_recall posted:

Source your quotes.

My memory.

• Locked thread