Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dementropy posted:

This is something SC needs to implement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHcTKWiZ8sI

A "Citizen Score" based on behavior that results in rewards and penalties - like increased game crashes, lower gravity, fewer solid floors, etc.

That video is terrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

Remember 'They said I was dead,the future is not console games, blah blah blah I am a pc game'..... well something is transpiring that Mr Smart probably knows about and the howling of the spergs will be most pleasing to him when it gets announced

I'm trying to think about how to translate the controls to console.

I wonder if by bringing it to console means they're going to get money from them.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I read somewhere that aversion to cilantro/coriander is actually an inherited genetic defect

I call it a defect because coriander is awesome

I have a friend who has it. Everything that has cilantro in it tastes like soap to her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ymoPRWxZl8

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Google Butt posted:

my friend is nice to me, no way its possible theyre assholes to others, nope.

Once again the geek social fallacy rears its head.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So to be clear as a third party non-employee you have total unrestricted up to date access to all their planning and deliveries?

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Why don't you just ask Sandi to verify the emails. She's your friend I'd bet she'd do it.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Fuzzy Modem posted:

I'm not asking you to believe anything. I'm saying I don't spend much time in this thread because it turns my stomach.

Then, with your level of access and close personal friendship, I expect you can definitively and beyond doubt prove all these assertions completely false, correct?

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

He's completely unable to give anything resembling a direct clear answer to anything.

Oh here's maybe an easy one for EightAce. Verify Fuzzy's Shotgun account.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Fuzzy Modem posted:

I really don't care dude. It just doesn't sound like the person I know.

Look I think we've all had friends who dated, and then split up, and then you had to listen to them talk poo poo about each other. That's the same vibe I feel in here, and it sucks. That's all I'm saying.

This is essentially a tacit acknowledgment that you think they're true, but really don't want them to be.

Can we call this pulling a Dolvac?

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Booourns posted:

This thread would be a lot more fun if you could actually read it.
Think you guys could cut back a little on the food chat, cat posting, "wow this thread has lots of replies", madden football gif generator gifs, and completely random off topic chat?
It would be real cool if I didn't have to skip through 5 pages at a time looking for actual SC related stuff

I agree, the thread desperately needs more dogs.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

fuzzknot posted:

The compatible pots and pans are why I'm noping the hell away from induction. I want cookware that works everywhere.

Perhaps this weekend will involve rice tutorials. I explained that different kinds of rice require different ratios of water, usually listed on the package. I thought of teaching him Mexican rice, but on second thought, perhaps we should start with something less flammable.

Very nearly. Suffice it to say we now have a solid plan for how to occupy the time Saturday while I wait for the interior of the car to be detailed.

Here is Finnegan sitting on top of a knitting pattern in progress.

Post from the past.

Do you have a lot of expensive copper pots already? Or a ton of anodized aluminum non stick stuff? Induction just means steel/iron, which works everywhere. I just had to trade out my non stick set when I got an induction range. QVC has a lot of great inexpensive stuff in their kitchen essentials line.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

fuzzknot posted:

I have Revere Ware that's older than I am; Bootcha has Cuisinart, both nonstick and stainless.

All of those things work with induction.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Steak & Skillet

Tools
Cast Iron Skillet
Not-lovely Oven Mitts (I use Welding Gloves)
Not-lovely Spatula

Food
1" Thick High Quality Steak Cut
Kosher Salt
Freshly Cracked Pepper
Peanut Oil

Meat Preparation
1. Brush one side of steak with peanut oil.
2. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
3. Flip steak.
4. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
5. Allow steak to come to room temperature.

Skillet Preparation
1. Turn on broiler.
2. Put skillet as close to broiler as possible.
3. Leave skillet in over for 20 minutes until stupid hot.
4. Set burner to high. If using an electric burner, pre-heat the fucker so it's glowing before the next step.
5. Disconnect your smoke alarm, open windows, turn the vent on max.

Food Stuff
1. Take skillet and put on hot burner.
2. Add meat.
3. Allow meat to sear for 45 seconds.
4. Flip meat.
5. Allow meat to sear for 45 seconds.
6. Place skillet in broiler.
7. Allow meat to cook for 2 minutes.
8. Remove and allow to rest on a plate lightly tented with foil for 10 minutes.
9. Eat your medium rare steak.
10. Thank me.

You could also sous vide like a civilized person.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

nopantsjack posted:

40k and star citizen are uncomfortably similar

but at least i can hold my painted dollies in my hand

Well they do dislike their fan bases equally as much.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Stanko-Prussian posted:

She's been kind of alluding at it but not so much to remind the god squad that she's christian, more to remind via allusion that sanders isn't.

She deployed her mammy voice today at an appearance with Reverend Al.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Well I mean, Oculus by any account did right by their backers.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Can anyone make heads or tails of what this guy is trying to say?

https://www.reddit.com/user/Secondhand-politics

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

oh lord, croberts will have an aneurysm if this is real and it's going to be glorious

Why? He already told the entire story to some gaming mag months back.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Nah, just kidding around. I used be on Paxil for awhile, over 10 years ago, though. I quit cold turkey because I simply do not like taking any meds except if my life depends on it. As I got older, my anxiety disorder is in check. Some days are better than others. It's the mild OCD that's a lot harder to control.

Posting from the past but, I imagine that sucked. I dated a girl who did that. She ended up with hallucinations and auditory glamours from the withdrawal. For a few days after she quit, Satan would routinely come in and sit on the edge of her bed and ask if they could discuss current events.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Colostomy Bag posted:

You can't handle the truth!

Son, we live in a world that has games. And those games have to be coded by men with hands. Who's gonna do it? You? You, banditloaf? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for CIG and you curse Star Marine. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that CIG's death, while tragic, probably saved the industry. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves jobs...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that blog. You need me on that blog.

We use words like soon, parp, loving-finish...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent fabricating something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very paranoia and hype I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a keyboard and write some code. Either way, I don't give a drat what you think you're entitled to!

:nsavince:

Oscar Wilde Bunch fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 3, 2016

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The best fries were from McDonalds back when they still used to fry them in beef tallow.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Stick100 posted:

Was there no Star Citizen info in the Panama Papers?

For the same reason there aren't hardly any American's. We've got our own tax haven here in NV, DE, WY, wtc...

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I like the tortured logic. Backers don't have the right to see financials because they're not real investors, but they can bring lawsuits like they have real company ownership......somehow?

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Turd Burglar posted:

Ben why were you archiving your racism? Lmao

Why would you save any of that to a public website

Just why Ben

Lmao

Why did he continue to pay the hosting fees and DNS reg fees as well.

Oh ya, I tooooooooooooooootally forgot about the website that's been charging my credit card every year to keep active.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SurfaceDetail posted:

What kind of charges would they be going to jail for? Have they been siphoning cash under the table? Or have they been not paying the VAT over? Being unethical scummy marketers isn't in and of itself illegal. They could be sued of course if the project sinks but that's just money.

Look at the shell company shuffling stock swaps that happened in the UK.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Chalks posted:

God drat it there are still people running around with Eonwe's avatar and confusing me, I thought the dark times were over.

If only Seraph could resell avatars on the grey market.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Io_ posted:

CIG tap into the same psychology with their endless "limited" and "final" ship sails which end up being neither "limited" nor "final".

The Harbor Freight Tools of the gaming world.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
But does CoD have procedural birds?

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov posted:

Nvidia 1080 is going to be out before 2.5 Also it's loving insane.

http://www.engadget.com/2016/05/06/nvidias-new-gtx-1080-gpu-is-even-faster-than-the-titan-x/

$599 for twice the performance of a Titan X.
$380 for something more powerful than a Titan X but not as powerful as the 1080.

Even with all that SC will still somehow manage to run like garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

GazChap posted:

CryEngine source code now available on Github

What we need now is for some enterprising nerd to take this and make Star Citizen, by him/herself, in 6 months.

With or without water effects, I'm easy on that one.

Make sure the procedural birds are in though.

• Locked thread