Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Lazrin posted:

and just as i came into this thread with my first post, i say it again: the only reason this thread still goes, and your leader still blogs is because you fear that everything might just turn out fine.

but then that means the only reason u post is because you fear everything might be unfine. makes you think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

If CIG fails, it will be its own doing. They have had 3 years to get their act together, which, in my opinion, they're attempting to do by reversing course and staying quiet.

I'm genuinely curious at how much longer you will honestly believe this. A year? Two? Like at what point to you does it become incredibly clear that they aren't reversing course and they never have? It's been seven months of this after all.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Their approach has always been to fully develop a game and release it once done, unlike Frontier that chose to release a base game and add on modules.

No it hasn't? It's been the opposite of Frontier but that's because they chose to release a bunch of modules and hope they can bolt them onto the game. Hence Arena Commander, hence Star Marine, hence the Hanger, hence the baby poo. Those are all modules they wanted or want to attach to the base game of Star Citizen.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

I won't ignore it, but I cannot discuss it. Whatever position I am in (not a misnomer - I simply cannot divulge) won't allow me to discuss what I know or don't regarding government workings. I'm currently performing duties whereas I cannot discuss further the nature of my work. PM won't allow me to divulge to you any further than I can right here.

Every post of mine has been calculated to formulate a response. I'm not just posting on here to get a rise or to stir the pot. I really do believe it's within CIG's power to pull off this ambitious game. And, all of my defenses (whether ToS, faith, financial or otherwise) have been so because of that belief.

Anyone who genuinely cared about opsec wouldn't make posts like this.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

(And sources). However, the operative word I used was "had." He HAD sources/plants whatever (semantics be damned) in CIG last year and they're gone.

It's not really semantics since a source is significantly different than a plant.

I also like the fact that this theory is all predicated on asking some employee if they've fired all the sources.

Guys chill there are no bad cops I talked to some dude at the station and he told me they already fired all the bad cops!

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

To your second point: It's strong to withstand a legal challenge.

No it's not. The second any lawyer pulls up CIGs store and sees they're charging VAT is the second that "it's a donation not a pre order" is thrown out the window.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

oh MAN. You guys CORRECTED me. Let's see, it's 11:30 or so on the East Coast and 8:30ish on the West. In both cases, it's still a "work" day and you guys are taking the time to express frustration over my use of plant vs. source in a dead gay comedy forum flame war. You bunch are a riot. I love this thread.

So does this mean you didn't know what a plant was until someone explained it to you secret agent toast?

Looks like I'm putting a burn notice on you.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

Why would it matter if he's physically limited or not? I never - NOT ONCE - used that as a point in my argument/response/debate (whatever). He bought in, continuously, knowing full well what crowdfunding is and the risks involved. He made an adult decision but wanted a child's recompense.

Agent Toast I work at the you need a platinum account to see this message your handler isn't thrilled with your post history. I've got the President on the line asking what the gently caress Star Citizen is and why we have people on it.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

Well, CIG is a for-profit company, so in EU, donations are not seen as "charitable," hence the need to charge VAT.

That's not how that works.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Imagine a game where if you have any computer trouble even just for a minute or so you lose days of progress or more.

Now imagine people were saying that would be fun.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

lol. FearNoGod

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

https://twitter.com/FearNoGod/status/758887519572242432

Feeeemaaaallllleeeee

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Just to remind everyone the last time Stimsis appeared was attempting to derail the thread when it was revealed that Ben was a loathsome human being. He never posted again until the Masked Tickler incident. Remain laser focused on the Tickler in Black, make him earn that paycheck.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Wafflz posted:

Unless they live in a cave with no connection to the outside world they knew about it and did nothing to try to control it, so space game nerds did their usual thing and built it up into Life Replacement Simulator and of course they are all bent out of shape now.

Except they did. At one point in time they said people were getting way too hyped for the game it did nothing and I'm pretty sure after thatZ Sony just told them to stop trying to under hype it and let the ducats roll in.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Quavers posted:

More results from Lando's best trolling of the SC community:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOMzaWp4IU8

"This video is unlisted. Be considerate and think twice before sharing." :cop: :derp:

The hair says lonely nerd but the eyes say "I stuff my victims in a fridge"

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Lol they Archer'd Discord's entire UI.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

alf_pogs posted:

ha ha ha this is fantastic

https://twitter.com/FearNoGod/status/788107901239857152

stay woke you crazy diamond

https://twitter.com/FearNoGod/status/788087813161889792

Brave white man on the internet wants to take his cause to the street. Remains on internet for hours instead of doing anything.

Can Hilary please be president already? This poo poo is getting tiresome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I don't think I, nor any of us, will manage twelve recipes but yeah I'm in

Pssh. You don't actually need 12 recipes you just need to be a visionary like Chris. Why yes this recipe LOOKS identical to the others but actually it's a different variant where the chocolate chips are bigger. This other recipe actually comes with LTI. Repeat.

• Locked thread