Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

joebob posted:

I have to point out that Elon Musk started SpaceX with about 100 million dollars in his budget for it. 6 million more and SC could have made real space ships.

thankyou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Why the gently caress is it called melting

liquidating assets to buy more junk isn't as subtle or catchy

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Loiosh posted:

I watched it ONCE at the movie theater, and never again. Uck.

not ever after the fmv poo poo

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

AP posted:

Heh, I don't really care about elite. I'm interested in consumer rights and how the refund thing relates to Star Citizen, Frontier's actions were odd as it would never stand up in court. Frontier settled every case in the end and the one guy who did file for court had his filing fee refunded by them too. That's why they changed policy on it, they wouldn't win, it would be expensive to fight and the public relations issue would be worse than it was.

The odd thing was they tried no refunds in the 1st place to those who'd played an alpha.

ad hominem against a game company, good job you were here to defend them.

Also your last line is wrong, kickstarters are just contracts between the customer and the company, if the company doesn't fulfill the terms of the contract, which involves anything advertised about the game by any member of the company then the customer can fall back on contract law. However as I said before in the EU since June 2014, you're covered far beyond that for a no reason refund up to deliver +14 days. Kickstarter have their terms but that doesn't affect anything as they just want to stay out of any dispute.

I can back all this up with evidence if you like as I followed the issue quite closely but considering you don't really care about refunds I'm going to put your behaviour down to just being terribly misinformed about your rights.

wow the sc thread is full of happy gamers

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
90 million cats vs cig

who is the better developer

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Justin Tyme posted:

C'mon man, there's a lot to criticize but it's clearly large world.

show your faith and purchase

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
I'm going to play the d smart game on my xbox one

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
poo poo aint changed here

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

i also like to date bi-polar people with parkinsons

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

D_Smart posted:

So I tweeted this private link last week for the XB1 trailer of LOD Tactics that's releasing this Fri. And sure enough, a bunch of retards have been down-voting it. And they wonder why we're at war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p7LzdFlkZc

So, if you guys like it, please go beat them at their own game. Thanks

its ok derek ill buy it

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
do they realise that if the game comes out goons will just buy starter packs en masse and still push their poo poo in?

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Mirificus posted:

A lot of them are terrified of the idea that they might be engaged in PvP with anyone, let alone Goons. Some of them are terrified that their immersion will be broken by players running, crawling or jumping.

yeah its great

everyone gets to have a ball slanging mad poo poo at cig and if they actually deliver well the poo poo slinging continues

e:d has no player groups (atleast nothing ingame) yet goons are still finding ways to ruin fuckers days for enjoyment

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

This tattoo is real.

lol whats the fold under his tattoo

that isnt his elbow....right?

e: woah if it is wheres his shoulder

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
i dont understand the anatomy of that mans body due to his incredible weight

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
i like my video games like my life; shaky, empty, prone to crashes, financially crippling and everyone wants to kill me

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
any departure from this is unacceptable

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Mirificus posted:

The differing visions of the PvP and PvE players is creating a schism that CIG will need to reconcile. I wonder how much of a furor there will be over what it takes to acquire ships in-game as the game mechanics become more concrete.

new ships are gated behind pvp quests

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Romes128 posted:

Not a cult

Also when people say they've followed the development closely what do they mean. All the vids shrek and skeletor put out just say when it's ready and we get no definitive answers about anything

it means they still believe

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

G0RF posted:

CLASSICAL PIANO (15 YRS), Bikram Yoga, TAE-BO, Kung Fu, Kickboxing, Theatrical Combat, Surfing, MODERN DANCE, SCUBA DIVING, Qualified Marine Biologist, Motorcycling, Tennis, Cycling, Swimming, FOREIGN LANGUAGES - German, French, Japanese, Tagalog and basic Spanish.

No Marketing or Business degrees. Hmmmmmm.

i think its all lies

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Eonwe posted:

Star Citizen: qualified marine biologists

Star CItizen: Qualified Scam Apologists

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Sandi Gardner was never a guest star on All Saints, or if she was they forgot to credit her (odd considering they did the other 2043 people who guest starred)

i am bored at work

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Completely uncredited for Fireflies as well. What else was in the resume?

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

So you can buy a fake stupid ship and not use it because you don't get the fake stupid game?

What the gently caress do you own then

a broken brain

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

sup

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

wow thats actually insane

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
:therapy:

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
where's the source of the cs email? I gotta see this

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
lol if you think eonwe's loving anyone except me and p gabz (yes i know you whore)

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
gaming is the world
CIG is Germany
Sandi is hitler

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
she burns everyone who isn't one ofthem with her angsty brainwashed youth army

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

AP posted:

Ali Seiffouri, Technical Artist / Tool Engineer, August 2015 – December 2015 (5 months) Austin

Door implemented, contract complete

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Meanwhile OMG NEW ARMOR LOOK AT THIS poo poo I'M SO GLAD THEY HAVE THEIR PRIORITIES IN LINE!

Seriously thought it's badass power armor. I wonder if someone finally convinced CR that blocking your FOV is retarded or if your view is even more limited when that shield comes down?

whats wrong with hsi knee

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Midget leg syndrome, a feature not a bug.

thats h hh him... without his wheelchair

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
the number of gigabytes is equivalent to the number of progreesses being made

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Colostomy Bag posted:

Now...that I somewhat covered their basic operational expenses in regards to salaries and rents...Wait till we get to actual VM costs. The cloud ain't cheap.

i dont know anything about what architecture is required to support an mmo and havent seen anything from CIG that would point to "how" they are planning to run this but....

yeah, VM costs for prod let alone test/staging and HA/DR plans will be $$$

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

fuctifino posted:

Hey assholes.

STOP POSTING

Stop everything until Derek gives permission to continue.

Hey Derek we'll stop posting when you start posting law suit details or a 1000 word review of elite dangerous/horizons

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Colostomy Bag posted:

Thank you for the feedback...last I knew they expanded to 500. I'm new to this forum. Only place I can raise these questions is this place.

I'm a backer (ugh) yet see the errors of my way. Ever buy a lovely car and cuss about it for 3 years? That's me.

But seriously, I was going off 500 with my basic calcs. And I even took into account they took a job believing in a dream for a reduced salary. Nothing wrong with that, great gig for those folks, work experience and all.

So how many players can a VM in the cloud host?

id point you to some kind of information but no one knows?
how many players does an instance hold now? 16?
anyone know how many instances there are? (and if they are in google compute or another iaas?)

as another poster pointed out data transfer is minimal (client-> server, server->client)
anyone have any experience with mmo server architecture? (sc or not im pretty interested in a goon explanation)

im guessing,
1. a front end for connecting/serving info to the player/citizen,
2. err "app" server? (gameplay poo poo whatever you want to call it) x how ever many,
3. might have economy/background sims on another,
4. db's
5. depending on cloud provider networks and all that jazz

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

i know elite uses amazon so im curious what that costs them p/month or annum... is that where you are?

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

ZenMaster posted:

So is this seraph or what

heck I hope not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

me going to work irl

• Locked thread