Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

FagtasticalMondays posted:

So what is currently happening with this scam??

Is it a case that its "developers" have blown all the their money on hookers and coke, playing on the indoctrinated masses who are too invested at this stage to cough up more money/chase off any nay sayers?

Also, how close is this drama bomb to reaching critical mass?

$20k coffee machines more than the hookers, coke habits unconfirmed.

The whales who've put tens of thousands in are paralysed by the sunk cost fallacy while the true believers are still refusing to accept any evidence that this won't be the greatest event in human history.

Probably 6-9 months from critical mass, there's a lot of popcorn to get through yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Karl_Ramseier posted:

More blogs and more hot air. As always, mighty internet warlord. And if you take it kindly or not, you are a loving liar. We are all waiting for you to do something since July and we will still be waiting in January.

See, even you admit that you have to wait less time for Derek than you'll spend waiting for Star Citizen to come out.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

PST
Jul 5, 2012

:golfclap:

PST
Jul 5, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYFCfRK4e6Y

quote:

"It's forcing us as developers to actually have hard deliverables to the community, so we can't fake it. So a lot of times in development with a publisher you say 'ohh yeah, we made a verticle slice', but no one from the publisher is actually, like, looking at your code to see you gummed it up at the back to make your mouse go"

quote:

"Helping us as a developer to focus on actual deliverables in a shorter period"

quote:

"That only works if the deliverable is real"

quote:

" ...and then in the following year (2014) we'll release sort of a planetside module which will be kind of a social module. That's where you can go into the bar and talk to all the people, buy/sell stuff, upgrade your ship. "

quote:

[Then] an alpha of the single-player game, and then finally a beta of the persistent universe by the end of the year (2014).

quote:

Further out is the single player alpha (roughly August 2014) and the alpha for system universe (again, roughly December 2014).

quote:

...and then a beta of the persistent universe by the end of the year (2014), which essentially is bringing all of these things into one holistic piece, and then we'll go live after the beta which I would anticipate would probably be sometime in early 2015. But essentially from the end of 2014 you should be able to play the full game, it'll just be beta because there obviously still will be things to tweak and balance, and we'll try and keep the player base constrained until after we've gone through beta, because, you know, it's not really a beta if you've got a million players.

quote:

Eric Peterson: What's the plan of action for [Squadron 42]?
Phil Meller: Well, the first ten missions for the end of this year (2014), fingers crossed. So we'll [start] with those, and then, in the background, we'll have other teams working on the followup ten; You know, ten, there are segments of ten missions every month, after.

Weirdly, there are no concrete dates given for anything anymore, almost as if they can't actually release anything but more jpegs.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Hooded Reptile posted:

I skimmed through this and its pretty much "I don't know".

Skip to 2:30. classic.

"I can't say when, I can never say when"

Freudian slip or just brutal honesty from someone tired of the lies?

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

"The scope of the game has expanded far more than they could have accounted for (even in January of 2015)" - :reddit:

An optimist might think that Roberts was being entirely genuine with all those dates and saying the game would cost 20 million and things just spiralled out of control. I think he saw how much money he could make by just promising things and selling jpegs and so is riding that train as far as it will go while desperately hoping it will last another 2 weeks at a time.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

No Man's Sky announced for June '16. Where will Star Citizen be at by that point?

2 weeks away

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Given how many of the Reddit Star Citizen posters identify with Gamergate, I'm baffled at how often they try and accuse Derek of being one of them. Either a whole bunch of them feel really embarrassed when that gets used as an insult, or there's some serious cognitive dissonance going on.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

neonbregna posted:

There was a time when goons accepted Christ Roberts as the messiah of space flight games. Goon favor is a fickle mistress.

Goons were lost in the wilderness, following the teachings of a false prophet until the Internet Messiah Warlord came to show them the way to a new era of shitposting.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

Some day when my plans are finally revealed you'll all learn that I was playing you this entire time and was definitely not just a guy who has a lot of free time at work.

The really sad part is how big a factor wanting to share recipes was in my decision to sign up.

:justpost: (the recipes)

PST
Jul 5, 2012

So when some spouse starts divorce proceedings on finding out their partner has dropped tens of thousands on spaceship jpegs, how will the courts handle that division of assets?

Wait, is it that the cultist will give up their house/car/dog rather than ask for a refund?

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Bootcha posted:

I invite you to speak to any of them as to my status as an investor. But I wouldn't wait long to do that.

While I have a lot of hope for entertainment in this thread and its successors over the next year, right now I'm just hoping that this means you're in the process of getting your money out.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Chalks posted:

Will the self awareness stick or will they get ejected from the cult? I know what my money is on!

No true Star Citizen

PST
Jul 5, 2012

I'm not sure which is worse, CIG's handling of the situation, or Reddit's ongoing insistence that they can do no wrong and that CIG's new clothes are the finest ever seen. They avoid cognitive dissonance by immediately refuting anything that in any way points at CIG being a poo poo company doing poo poo things.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Scruffpuff posted:

The plan is to ignore the issue entirely. The assumption is that attention will turn to nitpicking Monday's Christmas miracle.

I think that short of a media outlet picking it up, they'll just bury their heads in the sand. That it will all come to prominence again come the inevitable collapse and lawsuits/criminal charges is beside the point now. Gotta keep the money train rolling.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Ash1138 posted:

I'm really tempted to narc on them to the Los Angeles County Department of Building and Safety. If that door is intended to be a means of egress, it must meet the following requirements for both a horizontally sliding door and an access-controlled egress door. These excerpts are from the 2012 edition of the International Building Code, which is a little more complicated than just a garage door opener:

I haven't looked to see if California has their own modifications of these sections, but knowing CA, they would probably be more strict if anything.

Clearly you just don't understand door development.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

quote:

The timer for Outlaw Wanted Levels only counts down while the account is online on Crusader.

quote:

There is a high chance when loading into the Hangar, that you will load into empty space.

quote:

aUEC is sometimes resetting to a seemingly-random amount.

quote:

Fixed an issue where the small arms fire from FPS weapons would not manifest inside of a ships physics grid.

Gun battles inside of ships are now fully possible!

quote:

FPS weapons are not dealing damage outside of interior physics grid ships.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

There seems to be something of a slight problem for them with this patch.

If they've introduced a new 'mission' where Outlaws battle rent-a-cops in a pitched battle to see who can survive, at the same time as having turned off guns working outside ships as the cost of getting them to work in ships, then how is anyone meant to test out the wonderful 15 hour Wanted gameplay experience?

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Daztek posted:

I think clicker games have more gameplay than Star Citizen

While it's almost certainly going to similarly never come out and likewise has a 'visionary' at the helm, the tech demo of Brad McQuaid's new MMO looks to have more features in already than Star Citizen. Also somehow every mmo's tech demo I can find has started with 'persistence' so why it's such a big deal for Crobber is :iiam:

Bonus for Star Citizen backers and to make them feel at home is being able to spend 10k for a fancy forum title and the chance to design a dungeon! No jpgs though, so not enough fidelity for them.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

quote:

Sandi stepped her game up, she was fine

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Ran into two SC backers on GSF mumble

"Elite Dangerous is terrible and not a game"

"I've gotten my $600 worth out already, i'm already up and in profit on the game"

"It's going to be the best game ever"

You can't actually argue with these people, you can't link them stuff or show them anything to counter their cult views.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

CrazyLoon posted:

Clearly you didn't link any :pgabz: videos. :colbert:

I did, it was countered with the 'i've already had my money entertainment out of it' as well as the die hard conviction that it's going to be the best space game ever and any other space game (ED, COD:IW, Mass Effect etc. will be terrible in comparison to the glory of Star Citizen.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

1) Some here, on reddit and CIG forums (or could just be the same people on all three) are quick to claim SCAM or FRAUD. The FBI, FTC, State AGs and other authorities are not idiots. I know from experience that when something with this much steam and attention becomes more public daily, people and authorities will take an interest in it. And such, if the notion of a scam or fraud ever became anything more, authorities would not wait for four years to effect an investigation (even just to start one). They most especially wouldn't allow a company to continue to accept donations/pledges/etc, to the tune of 100+ million dollars.

As with every other time you've posted about anything legal, you clearly just don't understand the law or financial crime investigation, in any jurisdiction.

In 2013 a US District Court Judge reported the lawyers and corporate officers of Prenda Law to the DoJ for conspiracy and racketeering. While it's now known that the FBI and the DOJ are in the latter stages of their investigation, they're still yet to file charges for fraud and assorted other federal charges.

That's three years, with enough evidence back then to file charges, and a USDC judge personally saying 'hey, these guys are breaking the law'.

When Washington's AG filed suit against the kickstarter creator behind 'Asylum Playing Cards' it was over a year after that kickstarter had stopped making any updates at all and had privately admitted they just weren't going to be even attempting to produce what people had given them money for. He'd even been given the chance to avoid the case and just stuck his head the sand and gave the AG an open and shut win.

Individuals in Europe can already, now, bring legal action against CIG the moment they're refused a refund on their purchases (something you keep ignoring through your TOS bullshit). Small Claims court in the UK would rule in the customer's favour every time due to the UK having actual consumer protection law, which is particularly strong for online ordering, and that's up to a £10k claim for the customer.

You have absolutely no idea whether officials in the US, UK or Germany are in any way investigating CIG and its assorted dodgy company shenanigans (e.g. their unlawful claim to retain VAT when they did a refund, or the questions over when they started to charge VAT versus when they should have been charging, or even if they're refunding it correctly across territories). Moreover you clearly have no idea that in the UK both the FSA and the SFO keep those investigations entirtely under wraps until they're ready to charge. The DOJ, FBI and FTC go even further in that regard.

On top of that, they could quite easily simply have a file saying 'keep monitoring' as they wait patiently for CIG to gently caress up beyond the point any reasonable person could believe anything but that they've engaged in fraudulent and deceptive practises.

Or alternatively you do know the above and are just continuing to spin spin spin as you desperately hope someone on here might believe your bullshit.

PST fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jun 6, 2016

PST
Jul 5, 2012

MeLKoR posted:

Quoting from page 4000. :negative:

What's new, guys?

CIG have plagiarised your methods and keep secret notes on every backer, unsurprisingly they weren't so secret and now many people know they're snowflakes/troublemakers/goons/high maintenance etc.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

SomethingJones posted:

Yes!

DS, Goons and CIG are in a three way symbiosis.

Nobody planned that, nobody sat down with a pencil and pad and drew a loving triangle or an equation. That's just how it is, that's the reality, and CIG can't or won't realise that and deal with it. I've never seen anything like it, it's a comedy bandwagon careering down a mountain with a simpleton behind the wheel.

At this point, goons are just here for the inevitable and hilarious wreck.

In the shitposting system, the backers are represented by two separate yet equally important groups, the Goons who investigate Croberts and the Derek Smart who publicises them, these are their stories.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Achamp posted:

You missed that Toast/MoMMA provided a decent steak recipe, and then cut and paste parts of the "Developer's Monthly Report" as if it was 100% accurate, and he took the CiG loyalty pledge.

While being 20 years behind the times on why to actually sear a steak.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Pathos posted:

Can anyone find a contact for Hilton's legal department? I can only find stuff for their Management arm, which is for people who lease rooms I think.

Jim Holthouser is the Global Brand VP, which this could fall under, his email address is listed here:
http://elliott.org/company-contacts/hilton/

Other option would be customer services (yeah I know). I can't find any mention of an in house legal department on any of their corporate pages.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Lemon King posted:

Its just a little better than Limbo of the Lost right now since they're only referencing stock art and not game assets.

That anyone has found so far...

PST
Jul 5, 2012

SomethingJones posted:

The transcript between Sean Tracy and Brian Chambers above is a wall of text, it isn't funny, nobody fumbles over their words or anything.

But I hope people read it, and ask themselves if this sounds like a project that is releasing this year, or next year, or the year after that.

There are STILL questions around how the cinematics will be implemented into the game
There are STILL questions around how the AI will handle cinematics
They are talking about building a SOLID FOUNDATION
They are talking about the timezones affecting the ability to come up with DESIGN PLANS

They're hosed

If they had every single art asset, every mission written and the system to handle branching narratives and a plan to pull it all together, maybe a year away from beta. As is they don't have all the assets, they don't have the missions written, let alone a way of making them work.

What I took away from it is they have a poo poo load of mocap filming that croberts wants in, and no idea how to turn that into a game.

This is my not-a-catte trying to sneak into the kitchen

PST fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jun 10, 2016

PST
Jul 5, 2012

I'm positive there is going to be a lot more examples of copyright infringement in their concept art and other releases over the years, it's just going to be a question of going through the poo poo and finding it.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Raskolnikov posted:

I'm making 100 more sock puppet accounts to help with the cause. No way will downvoting cultists control my narrative!

They don't know that we actually have 50+ reddit accounts each and in reality reddit is just 85% SA posters all maintaining kayfabe.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

Well that's unfortuneate. Good thing project is in a test phase and they can work these bugs.

MOMA how do you feel about the flagrant and repeated copyright abuse by CIG?

Do you think that tagging customers on their backend zendesk as 'snowflake' or 'high maintenance' is in any way unprofessional?

Do you agree they should be sanctioned in the UK for violating UK Data Protection law?

Shouldn't they maybe acknowledge their mistakes and apologise to their customers rather than try to delete everything and hide the evidence of their malfeasance?

PST
Jul 5, 2012

SurfaceDetail posted:

People are actually a little afraid now of the backlash affecting their careers. Ive even started logging all the poo poo i do for the game to cma.

I've read in a few places that CIG might or is already starting to be a black mark on resumes. When Lionheart collapsed other companies were setting up shop in the local pub to lay out opportunities and job openings as the employees there were highly regarded because of the company's history. I'm not sure Roberts is going to cause the same thing, and a novice company that doesn't release anything before collapsing, or releases something that's universally panned isn't going to be a big gold star of products shipped.

Also absolutely log everything for your tell-all after the fact!

PST
Jul 5, 2012

SurfaceDetail posted:

poo poo sucks for them. Im outta here in 3 weeks with another gig.

Only 17 more refactors to go

PST
Jul 5, 2012

SurfaceDetail posted:

Having all these offices on different continents doomed this project. Its impossible to keep everyone on the same page and when i go home i wonder if all my shits gonna be hosed up when i come in the next day. The answer is yes.

If it was a normal office theyd come talk to me before we continued but when you are in england or germany you have to just work and hope its ok. This goes both ways

I've done a number of projects where teams were in different countries, even Asia-Europe-US. There's this job-role called a 'project manager' who typically make sure everyone's on the same page. In an ideal world being a PM means doing nothing, because everyone else is doing their job (albeit this never happens).

Does CIG even have PMs or is Chris doing it all himself?

PST
Jul 5, 2012

SurfaceDetail posted:

I have but most of the poo poo covered does not even exist to leak

Its a very ambitious nda

Surprisingly few NDAs say 'you agree to never discuss whether your CEO is a dribbling retard' or 'promise never to say at what point you suspected it was a scam'

PST
Jul 5, 2012

What the hell is going on with the left hand?

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Sunswipe posted:

Can someone here with a bit of business accumen explain what the gently caress the second part of that sentence means? Or is MoMA drunk?

I'm thinking he means 'wishes to succeed banks on one source of income', which is part of his ongoing 'I secretly know that CIG has secret bank loans despite Crobber saying it was all self-funded, therefore the declining income doesn't matter'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Sunswipe posted:

Ok, that would make sense, in that it would be a coherent English sentence. It doesn't make sense, in that how the gently caress do they pay off the loans if their actual income is dropping? Loaning money to this company makes no sense. If, say, Activision asked a bank for $20million, the bank can look at how much the games they sell bring in and decide if that's a safe bet. With CIG, the money they've got coming in is pre-payment for the thing they're working on. The people who are going to buy the game already have bought the game. How do CIG convince a bank to loan them money when the product they need money for has already been paid for by the customers?

Maybe he's a drunk moron.

By lying to the bank just as they're lying to their customers.

In Crobber's head, the moment the game comes out it's going to outsell CoD/GTA/Every other game and they'll make billions, they just have to get there. 2 weeks.

• Locked thread