Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Well, how did I miss this gem. Hello thread, how I've missed my Shart Citizen humor du jour. Have I missed much? I'm still fighting for my refund. To the point now that every other day or so I just update the ticket to keep piling on the system with movie lines like "Bueller? Bueller?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

janssendalt posted:

The PU will be playable in 2016, and you're all gonna cry.

A white Knight responds to the challenge of :10bux:! But can he pass the Trial of Cheryl?

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

janssendalt posted:

Booooo, get out of here cybertrolls.

I'm ashamed of the stupid poo poo I wrote and write all the time, how about you?

We can't all be Dr. Derek Smarts.

:frogout:

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Nicholas posted:

what is BDSSE

Big drat Scam Scamming Everyone

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

quote:

The other 2 relevant orders I had refunded already on the 22.October, so these should be with you soon.

I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Given how horrible Sandi is when speaking directly to staff imagine what she says about Wulf behind his back.

Especially since he probably sent her dick pics. And unshaven, the neanderthal! How dare he!

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
I missed it in the poo poo posting, how many quit? I know they sacked/are sacking Austin.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Gwaihir posted:

Bootcha:

e: Also because the old video owns:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_NN8XWrHn8

We made some seriously good videos for this not game. Shame. We need to recruit vid nerds for Elite.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

janssendalt posted:

Some people here spend more time and energy every week on criticizing the people who have put money into the project than the average pledger has put into making the money to pledge for the game

:downsbravo:

Good thing I get to read the thread at work. So I'm getting paid (unlike DickWulf) to poo poo on the moron pedos at reddit.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Jegan Ace posted:

After spending half a year in Null Sec, mostly touching myself to poo poo happening on another screen - I can confirm your assessment of the game.

Another thing, Drake fleets are loving stupid and that doctrine should have died on arrival.

Ugh gently caress DBRB. "Hey guys bring Drakes we are most definitely NOT shooting towers" *proceed to shoot towers for hours*

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Incombibulator posted:

Hmmm. I remember reading something about a 400 GIGApixel image somewhere in the last day or so...
I wonder...

Doesn't NASA have that massive universe image they've been updating since the mid 90s or so? It is spacey and relevant.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Smart Akbar.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

THE BEST PAAAAAARP :gary:

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
It's War Thunder in space. Fun for the first bit, then turns to utter poo poo at Tier 3/4 when ecm and whatnot come into play. Not to mention the very p2w ships.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Kilmers Elbow posted:

You know my main complaint about space games has long been "gee, I wish there were more cut-scenes" so I'm glad Star Citizen is spending lots of money on cut-scenes.

I hope they're un-skippable too because they are my favourite kind.

90 million. You bet your rear end they're unskippable.

SelenicMartian posted:

"this amazing game around a gas giant"
Even the backers can't help but comment on Ben's size.

:captainpop:

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
That fucktard is actually wearing one of those lovely COD face masks to hide his face. What a hardcore gamer. I guess his cooling system is purified Mountain Dew.

Edit: the coffee makers appear! That's like 35k!

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Battletech Kickstarter got fully funded at 2.5million. Here's the email about it:

quote:

You did it!
So what happens now that the project has passed $2,500,000? Will we add additional funding goals and make the game even larger in scope?
No.

:drat: Masterstroke right there.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Now I spilled my coffee over the whole bed.
That's him with the espresso!

So they got their early investors to play the waiters? That's perhaps why people spend thousands of dollars on spaceship pics. "Here, please sign this contract. Ah yes the money, thanks. Now please could you serve me an espresso? And go buy some beer."

If this is real, you're the biggest idiot I ever came across. I can't stop laughing. But hey this raess guy in the forum tend to believe you, perhaps I should tell him about this new discovery.

Ok, let's get this straight:
A public picture is proof for you being an investor? That might be enough for DS, but not for me. Why don't you show us the signed contract? This shouldn't matter anyway after you identified yourself and acknowledged that Sandi is a racist motherfucking bitch.
If they don't slap you in the face for what you did here they never ever won't.
But please just bring me the milk, would you?

You're my favorite kind of retard: The self owning type. Please don't stop posting your delusions.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

ewe2 posted:

:gary: F35's, mah very favourite ship.

I hope that was :thejoke:. Those are 15s.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Phil Burn posted:

I love weed.
In other news, has anyone else seen this? Wulf's been focusing his negative energy or something

https://twitter.com/Accelerwraith/status/656944147258089472

A fitting shirt for all of those nerds.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

SneakyFrog posted:

thank you. Without a comemmorative T shirt this would feel less like the amazing rock festival than it has become

I got the LTI one because unlike SC that LTI is real and tangible and helps solve other wise painful consequences like hangovers. Plus Beer's beer label is legit good and I still want some of that brew.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Fatass tweet:

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/664658382574321665

It's funny because it's true, except the ship builder part. So 2/3s true. Still a more honest statement than anything to come from CIG lately.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

dogboy posted:

He could be Banquo in Macbeth. This would imply that CR will murder him soon though.

Suicide because your idol crumbled you life and dreams and made you the scapegoat is kinda like murder in Macbeth right?

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
So so glad I got out of this poo poo heap.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

skaboomizzy posted:

It's like if everyday you sent your not-very-bright little brother to the store with $1 to bring back some gum. Day after day, week after week, month after month, he comes back empty-handed. No money, no gum, no explanations; just a big dumb smile.

Then one day, it happens. He comes back home with a handful of Bazooka gum that looks like it's been sitting in the sun since 1997. It's not even pink anymore, there's no flavor to it, and it chips two of your teeth the instant you bite down on it.

But he did it. He finally did it. He brought home some gum and he's just beaming like he won a Nobel Prize.

The 2.0 Experience, everyone.

Pages back, but I had to quote this good post.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
That Vanguard looks awesome. Good thing I got my refund because they're clearly going to nerd it and still release some better jpeg soon.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Gryphon0468 posted:

Perhaps if you guys actually want a refund you should not poo poo up the queue.

Stop touching your family members. TIA.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Amun Khonsu posted:

Plz fund my new jpeg

Is this for real? That looks almost exactly like Elite's Vulture. CIG can't even make up jpegs anymore.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
4 Mocap studios. New offices twice.

20 million in casting fees.

I'd wager they're well past 90 million spent.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
To keep the code monkeys locked up clearly.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Bootcha posted:

Have a good Thanksgiving folks.

Spend your money on food, not Star Citizen.

Do YOU like MEATBALLS?

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
We're all looking at their numbers going up right now, but they did also just take a huge loss to Bootcha alone, much less all the refunds going on.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
It only takes one broken condom (or in this case broken person).

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

alphabettitouretti posted:

That office in Two Weeks(TM) after Lesnick raids the new kitchen

Best catte of this thread. Holy poo poo I needed that laugh to wake up after this boring rear end night at work.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This is what an alpha looks like for Behavior Interactive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQgELu6-c50

This is what an alpha looks like for Ubisoft:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mAMEoJFTcw

This is what an alpha looks like for Cloud Imperium Games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxsWHqk_t78

And this is an Indie game called Ark. Alpha. From yesterday. Disregard bad music and streamer chat. In fact, just mute it.

https://youtu.be/PRAgMD8z7h0

Thronde fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Nov 28, 2015

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Man the white knights dreams are going to be crushed soon. I'm :allears: as gently caress.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Truga posted:

Hahahahaha holy poo poo.

Here's how it really works: Everyone that cares about what Octopode allegedly works on (russia, china, et al.) already has everything that can possibly known about <project>, and everyone else doesn't actually give a poo poo what military does with their budgets as long as they're retaining or raising their living standards, much like with iphones and foxconn employees.

I'm happy you people live in a dream world where it's possible to have a secret stay a secret more than 13 milliseconds. In the real world, that doesn't happen any more. Yeah, wider public not having access to "classified" info still happens fairly often, but lol if you think anything actually interesting a govt employee worked on hasn't been read by someone non-authorized at least once.

Quoting from the way back machine, but Truga knows guys. He's going to A school for this stuff!

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
I hope his fat rear end chokes on a blocker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Lowtax Akbar!

• Locked thread