Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

FireWhizzle posted:

So back on the topic of culinary expertise for a moment - have you guys tried grilled cheese with rye bread? I've been mulling over it but haven't taken the plunge. Pros/Cons?

Go for it. The fennel seeds add a real zing.

Also, great op, OP. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Welp, my refund is "actioned" today, after a month of waiting and followups, so hopefully I'll see my money back in 5-10 business days. :woop:

:gary:

I actually hope something gets released at some point, but I doubt it.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

My refund is being actioned. They said 7-10 business days to hit paypal. It's been 3, so we'll see what happens. It will be about 45 days to get a refund if it comes through.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Nov 6, 2015

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Wafflz posted:

And now I have serious posted in the Star citizen thread :(

:gary: PAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRP :yarg:

That's better.

:gary: :lesnick: :lesnick: :lesnick: :yarg:

Wow, fake exclusive credit cards that are somehow ~~limited~~ :byodood:

:gary: PAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRP :yarg:

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

So 10 business days have passed since my refund was supposed to be ~~~actioned~~~. I sent a WTFgram to CIG and they said, :byodame:"Well, it may take up to 30 days since ooga booga ooga booga finance is hard and it's beyond the grace period.":byodame:

Does anyone have a link to CIG's original timeline so I can use with a chargeback with my cc company? I have my receipts from my two purchases.

edit: 5 minutes talking to one CC company and the credit has already hit my account. GJ USAA.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 18, 2015

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Thirsty Dog posted:

I am drinking PG Tips right now. gently caress that "no true Brit" nonsense. We get it, you're an Anglophile, but you'll never be one of us Derek.

Post of the week.

LCL-Dead posted:

Odd.. It took them 2 days to action mine and deposit it within paypal.

Yeah, that is odd.

Also, it's funny that my free cc through USAA sent me the credit on my CIG purchase in 5 minutes. My annual fee cc through Chase is giving me a lot more pushback.

edit: Chase came around.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Nov 18, 2015

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I get a vibe closer to Fallout than "alien integrated space ship" but it definitely looks significantly improved.

Those are nice jpegs and it's for the ship I pledged for way back when. Almost makes me wish I didn't get a refund chargeback.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

So, how is PTU 2.1.whatever? I saw some YouTube vids of the Freelancer and it lookwd nice. Not nice enoug to regret my $125 refund, but still pretty good life looking.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Bait and Swatch posted:

Step right up to see this next one ladies and gentlemen, truly the wonders of the 'verse never cease. It is sure to :gonk: and :stonk: you. I have titled it :yikes: Brought to you by SCforum member Zealot:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/310241/the-sickening-and-heartbreaking-truths-of-the-fourth-stimpire

"Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Fourth Stimpire is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their sexual organs will be subjected to a penectomy or if the offender was a female, they would then have a razor inserted into their ovaries. They would pump a blue solution into the womb until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their operated areas in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will."

Sweet baby Odin, what the gently caress is wrong with these people? :stonk:

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

This is the thread that keeps on giving. Besides the comedy of Untergang Roberts, I go to play Elite, which I'm finding pretty fun (if still rough around the edges.) Also, I never really go into any of the 40k stuff and probably never will, but learning about the very dark 40k universe is interesting. Probably a little too dark for my tastes, but :shrug:. They style is amazing though.

Also, does anyone have a link to the lovely CIG armor? This thread moves so fast.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Yeah, grey and generic. Makes me think of, "Don't quote me regulations. I co-chaired the committee that reviewed the recommendation to revise the color of the book that regulation's in. We kept it gray."

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Gilganixon posted:

also i like how the dude inside is meant to be all gruff and angry lookin but he mostly just looks constipated

Also, not a normal stance for anyone. Nobody stands like that.

aleksendr posted:

If you want to get in 40k I suggest you read the books that focus on the Imperial guards, either Gaunt ghosts or Ciaphas Cain. Its like hard-ish military fictions with some sci-fi elements.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/our-ranges-gaunts-ghosts.html

http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/Hero-of-the-Imperium.html

I'll give it a try; always on the hunt for more things to read.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Booblord Zagats posted:

A year and a half after date of delivery, which can easily be argued as "It still hasn't been delivered"

That's argument I used with my cc issuers. Also, USAA rocks; they reversed the charges in five minutes. I had to talk to Chase for a while, but after I sent them my receipts, offered links to news articles, etc. they reversed my charges as well.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

What's that thing Ben wears around his neck?

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Brand new computer; started typing in "forums.so" into the address bar and the second entry is "forums.somethingawful star citizen" This is probably the most popular thread on the internet.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Charles Get-Out posted:

Why does the starfarer have miles of useless corridors. Why doesn't a fuel utility ship have a simple and clear layout. I watched a tour video of it and all I could think of was how much of a pain in the rear end that ship would be to operate (refuel catwalk requires EVA??? put a loving crane cab on the back)

I noticed that too. All those corridors and, hey, let's shove eight sweaty people into one room because at the jpeg sweatshop it's easier to cut and paste beds. We'll have this tiny, incomplete mess hall and hey, more corridors, and useless corridor junctions, and jeffries tubes, and ladders, and oh look, another corridor. And the captain's toilet is right on top of the bed.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

Doing my part to get us to 3,000

This. :lesnick:

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

1500 posted:

Slain father of boy on trial for murder was training him for zombie apocalypse

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/son-killed-father-trained-zombies-article-1.2505575

I worked with a guy that had his own safe house, 30k+ rounds of ammunition, 10 years of food and water for 5 people.

Re: prepchat. An acquaintance is big into prepping, but he's grossly overweight. He was telling.me about the importance of stocking up for the revolution, and I asked him if being able to run fifty yards might beneficial when the revolution happens, but he said he wouldn't need to. I guess because he has guns and food.

Dark off is that an Imperial Eagle?

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 8, 2016

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Dark Off posted:

Yes it is :)
I think its the best ship in the game.
The thing elite does really goodly is the fact that every ship feels unique.
some require pitching and rolling, while others can fly freely in all available directions.

I agree that each ship feels different. I'm on my first exploration trip, but when I get back, I want to buy an ieagle.

With you in silent running, did he see you? Also, how come he didn't wake out?

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Dark Off posted:

nope he cant see me with his scanner he has to visually identify where i am
he didn't wake out because a) he has superior 700 million ship b)if he did i would just pull him out of supercruise again.
the other thing to notice here is the fact that i was flying this ship without any flight assist basically turning it into ship with Newtonian flight pattern ( basically i was controlling counter-thrust manually instead of letting computer do it for me)

Hahaha. I'll have to get some ieagle fitting advice in the e:d thread.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

I check in on this train wreck every so often and those Major Tom videos are hilarious. That disembodied head running around and the nipple jets made me cry, I was laughing so hard. What makes it even better is how there are people who still think this will be the best game in the history of computing.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

:five: like the rest of his videos. I have to check out No Man's Sky.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Bankruptcy by 4th quarter 2016.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

I love how CIG / RSI can't even keep their website updated. The Freelancer still shows as "remodeling pass" and no screenshots of the new "ship" that's supposedly in the "game".

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Wrecked Angle posted:

If you really want to see just how wasteful they are being with resources compared to how a skilled level designer can get fantastic results out of almost nothing, check out the video below. This entire level was made using one [1] 256 x 512 pixel texture! The end result is actually almost indistinguishable from Star Citizen.

https://vimeo.com/35470093

This is a pro-click for anyone interested in game design btw, even if I do say so myself.

Apart from what I glean by reading other goons, I know jack poo poo about game development, but that is amazing. I loved the partial reflection of the cityscape in the interior windows.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

One commenter had fun. He had over $200 hours of fun and with only $500 into the janky tech demo. Besides, the game is alpha and the author doesn't know anything about game development.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Regarde Aduck posted:

No. They didn't. Because ugly people are a fact of life even in Scandinavian countries. I'm quite proud that we don't do the American style thing of "all these average people are weirdly beautiful".

It's something I love about watching non-American TV / movies. Middle-aged people look like normal middle aged people. They're not all absurdly beautiful.

There's always more and it's always worse.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

When I got my refund they gave me crap about gifting, considering my ship was gifted to a KS backing goon who then gifted it back with LTI. I told CIG "I paid you $165 United States Dollars and I expect $165 United States Dollars to come back to me." I had to end up doing charge back because although they said they were going to refund me, they dragged it out for over two months.

Also, did :lesnick: really say "purported weight issues?" Is he that masterful in self-deception?

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Much appreciated for this translation. The article was very illuminating.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Thoatse posted:

holey mother of cringe

:staredog:

I love stolen valor dude in the naval officer's cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

That video makes me want to re-pledge. Completionist here I come!

• Locked thread