Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

Karl_Ramseier posted:

I bought Line of defence yesterday and hell, that's a mess. I reported it to steam as scam and reported Steam/valve to the german " Verbraucherzentrale" for not pulling it out of EA.

Would you suggest that it should be put into released games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Sadly it's not a game yet.

So it's still in development?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

^^^^
Please stop breaking the quote BB code. It hurts me deep inside. Not goatse deep, mind you.

CrazyLoon posted:

Why don't you both just chill the gently caress out and realize it's just as possible that she had a run in with DickWulf and that whoever you're talking to also did? Two different events, both with DickWulf as the centerpiece.

Chill Derek...chiiiiiiillllll

So the question is: How many married women did receive special .jpegs from Wulf "Wuldgeman" Knight?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

Goredema posted:

Pedophilia is less of an offense than Beer PWG (Posting While Goon).

quote:

This citizen is currently on probation until 2024-05-02 05:25 for misconduct.

They banned him for 10 years in May 2014.

EDIT
The post from the moderator is from Feb 2014.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

:golfclap:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Well that certainly puts things in perspective.

Yeah, should have posted pedo stuff. You'd have had 3 more months to post (minus a 7 day probation). And perhaps had received a friendly visit from some goverment agency as a bonus !

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

AP posted:

This guy seem like a terrible individual, a real bad poster and his extended family are likely bad too.

One question remains: Is that the account of Karl Ramscheiss or his equally dumb brother friend distant friend?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

Does anyone know how many top level producers have graced CIG with their presence ?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

^^^^
Not everyone from germany is a NAZI crazy! :colbert:

Paramemetic posted:

Jesus Christ I leave for a weekend, and find I'm 1500 posts behind on even a new thread.

You're not behind. You have wonderful content ahead of you. I'm sure you'll have less than 2 weeks of posts to deal with.

Tank Boy Ken fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 26, 2015

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

Sedisp posted:

A German with an obsession with a single charismatic individual that totes a party line of obedience?
Why I never.
And especially if that person has a funny accent :godwinning:

AP posted:

I love you ken, you know I didn't mean that.

It's all fun :). If I take offense, I'll be more direct ;).

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

Best part of CitizenCon:

:wtchris: There will be no more dates! Not that most of us nerds get any dates either way...
:pray: YEAH! :homebrew:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

AP posted:

Ken, can you help break through to Karl? I'm worried about him, I think he's got a bad case of the Citizens.
How do you say "Wake up and stop being a crazy cultist" in German?

I think he has a rather bad case of Pubbilitits Inferiatis. Combined with Lowerium Brainicum.

One would be "Den Kopf aus dem Sand ziehen" which isn't dealing with the cultist side of the statement. Though it does address the issue of not wanting to see the cracks in the hull.
http://www.dict.cc/englisch-deutsch/ostrichism.html or https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ostrichism

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

Eonwe posted:

so here is how it works

you have an FPS with working crosshairs
you hire people to do thing
you have an FPS with non-working crosshairs

That's called progress? Right?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

OriginalPseudonym posted:

let's be fair, if croberts had an imgur account that we could mass spam we'd do it in a heartbeat because it's funny and irritating

I wouldn't.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

Eonwe posted:

yea gently caress it whats the link to thread one

This one: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3611001 maybe?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

D_Smart posted:

Going through everything I missed from p42 last night. Seriously, how many of you have jobs. Or, you know sleep at night?!?!

This is an international posting endeavor. And luckily I only need ~ 6 hours of sleep per day.

EDIT
Though I did manage to optimize my reading speed ;) - By reading this thread on my kindle to catch up.

Tank Boy Ken fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 27, 2015

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

Young Freud posted:

It's available for mobile devices as well. You can play LOD on the shitter, what more can you ask for.

I just queued up the LOD:T Demo (free on steam) to my download queue.

EDIT
And contacted paypal for the 2 Aurora packages. Finally got off my lazy rear end and contacted CIG Support on the 8th of Octobre. Since it's not resolved now: Mail to PayPal.

Tank Boy Ken fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Oct 27, 2015

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

DarkRefreshment posted:

Not to mention a lot of those are variants of the same ship. So even that 27 number is inflated, because you can't tell me it is that hard to make a version of an existing model.

Not to mention that some ships that are finished are already slated for a redesign (e.g. 300i).

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

SneakyFrog posted:

serious question : were you bullied by someone in a wheelchair?

I just skimmed it, but the guy in the wheelchair did send ~ 100 non-funny tweets to him, also did a "somewhat subjective" review of LoD and other stuff. I think he also admitted to having reported DS twitter account for "doxxing".
I mean yeah, he could have just called his dad. But by posting it here, that guy can just say sorry and no one (apart from random nobodies on the internet) gets to know about this poo poo.

EDIT
My opinion: DS doesn't want to call his Dad. He just wants him to stop being an rear end on the internet.
Sidenote: Nobody in this thread who made fun of DS or insulted him was being threated on anything, so you do have to cross a certain line to set DS in motion.

P.S.
Or he just choose that guy in a wheelchair to get the SC fanbase to enter a frenzy and shoot themselfs in the foot again (not literally). Think: picRemoveBot.fail

Tank Boy Ken fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Oct 28, 2015

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

Onkel Hedwig posted:

I love the double standard by both insisting that wheelchair dude is totally an adult and therefore does not deserve any leniency (like a kid would), but at the same time he is threatening to call his dad.
edit: I mean derek smart

I dare say he's a young adult with what seems to be a very hard handicap. I doubt DS knew about his disability from the get go. Young adults do also get treated differently by the law (at least in germany). Because there is a certain age range in which people are legally adults, but still tend to do a lot of stupid poo poo.
So yeah if someone is giving you trouble on the internet and you know their age is in this range. Calling the parents can help more than trying to reason with those persons. I mean Tripwire Interactive (Red Orchestra series) has (or had) a statement in their ToS/EULA that basically said: "If you cheat we revoke your ... blah blah ... and will call your mom!".

And if you look at it: Cheating in a video game is a far less serious thing to do than online harassment.

P.S.
I have not looked deeply at the :wheelchair: guy thing to have an opinion wether or not it can be considered harassment. It's just an interesting thing to argue about.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

Strategic Tea posted:

He knew because he was giving us pics from post one.

I meant when he started looking into that guys online presence. It's kinda obvious that he knew it when he posted it. Because: "It's him in the wheelchar."

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

CrazyLoon posted:

Why the hell is this nobody more important to waste your precious time on, rather than sayyy CIG? Rather than starting that lawsuit to sue them for hosting, allowing and encouraging this kind of poo poo to go on? If you go after every single white knight psycho, you'll never get around to actually going after the source of all this rot, which is CIG and the way they treat people.

I doubt he's doing the legal stuff himself. I think he's smart enough to know that he only needs to pay the bills and tell what he is going for.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

Beet Wagon posted:

I realize this is going to be a shock, but I'm... I'm not sure Dolvak thought this all the way through.

Another similarity to SCs development process! Oh and another one:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

Required Parachute posted:

Hey Reddit, why the gently caress did you write your own insecure as poo poo image uploader, when there's eleventybillion decent scripts that already do this without compromising your loving hosts?

I think it's pretty nice that you're telling them. Instead of proofing the error of their ways to them.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Yeah, you totally don't care. And no, I won't end behind bars. Sorry Derek but

How are you're multiple lawsuits going right now? And what about the FTC?
No one sued and no one will sue. At least not you.

Please go on.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

Required Parachute posted:

I mean, come on. Seriously. Reddit. Here.
https://lut.im/
or hell, you fucks have a subreddit dedicated to this sort of poo poo.
https://www.reddit.com/r/selfhosted/ AND THE TOP RESULT IS FOR THIS SORT OF THING.
It's even available for forking on Github.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

TTerrible posted:

wtf isn't this the same concept art they released a few weeks ago just with some red on it? :gary:

:gary: I think this one is a single seater, the other one had 2? I might be wrong though. But I fear I'm right.

Tank Boy Ken fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Oct 29, 2015

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

Someone buy this as :gary2: or :yarg: as suggested above.

Tank Boy Ken fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Oct 29, 2015

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

Imagine someone having this conversation:

Q: Who's Derek Smart ?
A: It's him, in the lawsuit!

Also: Mr. Smart please post how many times you had to change your Avatar. I guess some of us would like to know how many :10bux: flow through your Avatar.

P.S.
Would you be willing to answer technical / background questions about LoD ?

EDIT:

Octopode posted:

It does, after all, take a solid two mouse clicks to change to a chronological view of things instead of a score-based one if that's what you want.

Hi Octo welcome back. I hope your wife is well.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

Octopode posted:

She is doing well. I've been recovering from PRK, now, though, limiting the amount of time I can waste reading things on the Internet.

My first google result for PRK:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

While we're on the topic of machines: Which 'Mech are you(everyone) ?

https://4screens.net/e/561e91608ff884010057d3b4

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

Kewpuh posted:

this is a really bad idea. the goal should be to entice people to register and participate instead of shutting them out of whatever might lure them here

Yeah I only registered because this is the first forum (i came across) in which you can actually post about video games in a reasonable moderated "zone". German gaming forums tend to be rather :gary: Paaaarrrrrppp. And there are cool and interesting threads like these: PTNs Lets play BT http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3383329 and A/T Treffic Engineer http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3177805

SneakyFrog posted:

Fair enough, and I don't like dicks but you don't hear me crowing about the wanton killing of dicks now do ya?

If you have a dick on your own: I hope you like that one.

EDIT:
Source: https://twitter.com/SpaceX/status/660195847599091712

quote:

Slow-mo footage of our pad abort test in May, a critical test in preparation for our first human missions.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

Just raise the paywall on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

Well you can at least P2C! Pay 2 change - Another posters .jpg/.gif + .txt

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

wow. Is that you Karl?

When I think of a "Karl", this is the first thing coming to my mind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vryan475_w4

English version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UjtkpNFJlQ

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

Karl_Ramseier posted:

You guys should really get a PACER account.

Why would I want to get one? And how much :10bux: is one?

Hybridfusion posted:

Got those coffee makers at my office, those are still pretty expensive, about $9,000, so basically that is $20,000 of coffee right there
edit: They are the Jura GIGA X7 if you wanna buy one for yourself!

Could they possibly have come with the office space?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

Hybridfusion posted:

As for why to get one, it can make a crazy amount of different coffees and its all automated. You hook up a tank of milk to it and it does the rest. It does make an extremely great cup of coffee. The price tag comes with the durability and warranty of the device - its made to be used all day every day and keep on truckin.

Oh sorry, I meant Karly with that why to get question. Getting a good coffee machine is totally okay.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

Planetary visual testing (3D Scene):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPQ4cEvkjHA

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

The current butcher bill of the War of the Smart AV: 300 $
Keep fighting the good fight reddit. You'll surely show Derek Smart! Everyone knows he's nearly broke! At least some redditor posted that. So it must be true ? Maybe?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

SneakyFrog posted:

they might be fibbing. if derek spent like 100 then at most they spent 2.
look at me nitpicking.
anyhow

Well it's 100$ + 200$ = 300$ (total butcher bills).

Also I'd be willing to buy :yarg: = Though I guess I have to upload a small smilie first ? And then ask nicely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life

Fallen Rib

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

:spergin: it's :yrag: actually. Though :yarg: kinda sounds better

:yarg: seems to be more fitting. Also it rhymes better with Paaaarrp.

SneakyFrog posted:

oh here. ask this fantastic fun haver.

Thanks I sent him/her a PM.

• Locked thread