Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted
Hockey is the best sport but here's an opinion: watching it on TV is horrible but watching it live is the most fun ever! And playing it is the best. So there you go, it's a regular sport that has boxing intermissions.

Go Blackhawks, change your logo.

Derek do the thing that goons told you to do because goons are fickle and Matilda isn't banned anymore and I bet it will only take you like 5 seconds anyways.

Dogstoyevsky fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jan 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

Looks like the model remains faithful to Star Citizen physics. Working as intended.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

Derek you tease how many times are you going to get our hopes up like this :(

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

Derek delivered on time, your move CIG.

E: I wonder if EightAce or Bootcha can say anything about this.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

Goons killed Star Citizen

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

Derekstosslegende

Hey Matilda! Translate this!

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

You guys didn't clap hard enough and now Tinkerbell is dead. You monsters.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

Wow. I wake up, Deadmau5 is modding GBS. We have a mole inside CIG, and Derek Smart is laying sick burns on an unfinished space video game. This is truly a second Golden Age for Something Awful.

E: Also glad you're alive EightAce. Obviously, find a better job soon :(

E2: God, LF was even sorta-back for a hot second.

Dogstoyevsky fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jan 28, 2016

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

God I really want to read the postmortem book on this. I want, nay, need more than some Kotaku article.

E: Can you embed gifs in a book yet, this is actually super important to the ~fidelity~ of the Star Citizen story.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

Welp thanks to this thread I bought and then played the new Shadowrun for the last three nights and so didn't look at this thread at all. It was amazing, and it turns out, was successfully funded on Kickstarter! It has many things a game should have, like orks, and magic, and grenade launchers, and really good writing. Also I guess there are two more of these games which were released over like four years! Incredible. I don't know how Jordan Weissmann does it!

Anyways, that's my inspirational story of how you can crowdfund a game and still have it come out and be good, so don't lose hope CIG! :D

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

That's an easy enough change to make. I went with "Marines" so the acronym would be SMAC, which is what I do to my face every time I see more Star Citizen "development" news.

But SMAC is a good game that already exists :colbert:

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

Corn on the Crob

Crobgobbler

get this

Star... Shitizen :aaaaa:

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

To this day my favorite part of the Stimpire short story is the reuse of "sickening" in the sickening closing sentence sickening.

quote:

The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the galactic space of this sickening empire.

Just sickening.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

CRS-One
Crim Cram the Craypeg Man

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

Man what happened here? I'm wasting my life, but at least I didn't spend any money on Craypegs.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

Stone crabs are probably my favorite type of crab

What type of crab is your favorite?

It's the tastiest and you can catch like five million of them yourself in the Puget Sound

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

Daztek posted:

lovely recolours go

Has anyone pointed out that this is basically just a ripoff of a lovely Star Wars EU fighter?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/StarViper-class_attack_platform

That said I still like it because it's one of the only spacecraft in this game that doesn't look like a dumbass space plane.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

I'm worried that we're down to one last wave of fun bullshit in the Star Citizen drama: the release of Sq42 and the subsequent collapse of the fandom. It's going to be sweet but it seems like everything is tumbling towards that now, and there's so little left in between.

Ah well. You know what they say: the candle that burns twice as bright is in development for 4 years* and costs 120 million dollars.

* actually 1 1/2 years clearly you know nothing of game development

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

Strategic Tea posted:

To be fair anyone more than vaguely invested against this 'game' should be almost as ashamed as anyone invested in favour of it.

Personally, if Star Citizen doesn't fail, I'm going to kill myself, and I expect that many other goons will do the same. Derek, this will all be on your conscience.

Source: I have pledged over 30,000 dollars towards this game not succeeding.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

That was my one good idea for the day. Foiled again by the invisible hand of the marketplace!

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

MeLKoR posted:

As someone pointed out earlier in the thread her posts wouldn't pass the Bechdel test. :fuzzknot:

I wish we could have "Bootcha" added to the word filter as :siren: MY BOYFRIEND :siren:

He's all of our boyfriend now :rip: :fuzzknot:

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

Eonwe posted:

IMO you can be okay with fuzzknot being probated, but fuzzknot is part of this SA thread and :justpost:s and people should, IMO support that

:agreed:

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

Without any output from CIG goons only have themselves to destroy.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

lol at the downvotes for anyone who expresses any concern about Ben's weight, no matter how well-intentioned. No problems here, folks.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

Skellybones posted:

This is traumatizing traumazing

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/pd0EJnC.gifv

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

teh_Broseph posted:

I think somehow this hasn't been done yet

http://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/#!/KBY-3XbZl0UAFGUPqNg

Phoneposting, if someone can gif it tia

And come up with better titles

Good thinking, and I also have done my part to shitpost :patriot:

https://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/#!/KBdETI5KbkhLudhNA8E

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

I'M SIX THOUSAND POSTS BEHIND EVERYONE SHUT UP FOR A SECOND

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

oh my god this thread is truly an abyss of illogic

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

:lol: @ anybody acting too cool for this thread or derek's troll, you post in a dead comedy forum from the 90s about a dying videogame that is fleecing money from nerds, please explain this to a normal person and they will try to have you committed involuntarily or give you swirlies until you die

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

Actually Derek self owning a few weeks back was hilarious and he successfully trolled the thread so his contribution to the thread in an absolute sense is actually pretty good.

E: lol whoops dogpile

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

Lying Cat should be patron Catte of the thread, frankly.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

G0RF posted:

--- CIG revealed 20 seconds of footage of a Player running in circles on a small patch of texture-flickering sand with (in Tippis' words) a 3D Bryce world in the background. Fans mostly went nuts (it sucked); footage will likely go the way of SataBall, Gold Horizon maps, Rainbow wormhole surfing, stretchy spaceship jump effects, and Pupil-to-Planet dangles.

I missed this and can't google up anything that resembles this, can anyone help me out?

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

Colostomy Bag posted:

Poor choice given the number of holes in the story.

:golfclap:

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

Gentlemen, it has been a privilege shitposting with you tonight.

Dogstoyevsky fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Apr 12, 2016

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

Sunswipe posted:

Never seen 2001, but I've read the book and I honestly thought it was overrated. :shrug: On the plus side, I got it in a big compilation book with Day of the Triffids and The Demolished Man, so not a total waste of time.

The movie is really a different thing altogether. Anything by Kubrick is a joy to watch and 2001 is his finest. Really gorgeous cinematography.

The analogy is apt in a way, because like Croberts, Kubrick was a notorious control freak and redid takes constantly (refactoring, lol) and ran his cast and crew completely ragged. But he was a legit genius, and Croberts is a hack with no imagination or technical aptitude.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

A little known fact is that Kubrick also struggled to get space station rings to rotate properly in his effects tests.

http://i.imgur.com/0XECm4p.gifv

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

It's about the journey, not the destination, commandos o9

• Locked thread