Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bootcha posted:

no but you can come down to Austin and I'll drown you in BBQ and beer and high west whiskey/burbon

Bootcha please don't drown Eonwe as I like his posting and it would be a shame to lose that.

Although it sounds like a fun way to go out so I should leave the final call up to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

"Let's say I am mildly interested in SC" Karl, seriously get help pretending to be your own kid and lying to complete strangers about a stupid "potential" game, is odd to say the least. This is not normal behaviour.

I think I'd like to know more about Karl's knowledge about covering up criminal acts.

Derek, please post and let us know you're ok :ohdear:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

o7 ???

Karl Matilda Somethingstarcitize, are you one of those Germans the Evegoons evicted from Cloud Ring? Or did you lose isk when your application to GSF failed?

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Nyeehg posted:

Oh lord. The shrill squeaking at the end of the second video has left my ears in a state of prolonged pain. Who thought any of that was a good idea!?

Come to think of it, the guys in the second video seem vaguely familiar. Did they come up in the thread earlier?

God drat you for reminding me of them, but yes, they did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blPpnnSOiwk

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Friendly Tumour posted:

How do you know any of that?

Derek's inside man is Erin Roberts

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I'm guessing now that there's no way Chris will let anyone miss his magnum opus by allowing skippable cut-scenes

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

jaegerx posted:

Also if Sandi is one of my wingmen I'm gonna frag her right away just like I did maniac. It'll probably break the story because there's no way she would let herself get written off in episode 1

Bug Report: "I shot Sandi, then my ship exploded for no reason, the game crashed, uninstalled itself, my forum account was permabanned, finally my hard drive was wiped over with static".

QA Response: "Not a bug. Feature working as intended"

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

janssendalt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yLTm8DZ8s4

hey guys

did anyone see this video?

you can almost hear goons crying on the background

Yeah, with that and the livestream, we've turned 180 degrees around. Can't wait to play. Post your referral code, you deserve a reward for keeping the faith

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Those forums are going to become a giant game of whack-a-mole for the mods as time goes on. They should really add it as a minigame to the social module so the true believers can help out

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Things I've learned from EVE #1: Never argue with Tippis about spaceships :v:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tippis posted:

Oooh. Viscera Cleanup Detail tie-in. Think of the money CIG could make on this unique idea that no-one has had before.

After CIG crashes and burns, I'm going to buy a copy of their customer database during the ensuing firesale auction, then I'll start a Viscera Cleanup business in real life, cleaning up after all the cultist suicides.

[img]explodingwhale.gif[/img]

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Yeah I think I scraped against another ship there

Yes but you made a new friend there so that's all that matters

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

fuzzknot posted:

. . . Bwahahahaha. This is a Lesnick quote, yes?

More or less, yes :)

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Beexoffel posted:

How can I get in contact with these frogs made of diamond?
I have a brand new Anaconda and a Mostly Harmless combat rank.

Have a look in the Private Game Servers subforum
:frontear:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Amarcarts posted:

A pizza that isn't Hawaiian a shameful pizza

Catching up with the thread, but I just wanted to say, one of my local pizza shops makes a Bacon, Banana, and Chilli (flakes) Pizza.

Which is loving amazing to eat.

I've just noticed they also do a Kangaroo Pizza (Kangaroo fillet marinated in Australian wild spices), so I think I'll give that a shot next time.

P_Gabz, I hope your friend doesn't get murdered :ohdear:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

He's on ignore; so I don't see anything from him. Please don't quote him anymore as that defeats the purpose of an ignore list.

Can you tell us who else is on your ignore list so we know who not to quote in future

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
They could have built their own engine, as well as the spaceship to go around it, and flown to Mars and back, with the time and money they've been given

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Best thread of 2015. Can't wait to see what 2016 will bring us

:gary:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Goddamn it man, get quoting, what do you think this is, the star citizen development cycle?

^^ this

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
gently caress you, Launcher!

Also, Peter; do you have any more pictures of your catte wearing a tie? :3:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Xaerael posted:

gently caress, I kinda wanted to go to bed, but now I don't want to miss passing the milestone. Maybe I should donate more posts so we can get there quicker?

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It is impossible for this thread to move faster than the speed of the explosions

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

winter attire

:allears:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Star Citizen: A future in which toilet paper no longer exists

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

my favorite is the guy who took a picture of himself taking a poo poo in a space toilet. It's amazing.

No pants around his ankles either, so he's just wandering around on his spaceship with it all hanging out :psyduck:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You are all my alts.

yooz da biggest an da meanest of tha lot of uz which makes yoo da boss :orks:

also, spore-based reproduction etc etc :40k-lore:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Young Freud posted:

Hasn't Fallout 4 basically did that with their character editor.

Wait, was Chris' vision before or after Fallout 4?

Sidenote re: Fallout 4 - Bethesda will be releasing the Creation Kit for the modding community soon.

I can't wait for someone to mod FO4 into (a working) Star Citizen :allears:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SharkTattoos posted:

We still don't have goon-de-ada do we? :smith:

Still waiting on Derek to do his part. He should be done in two weeks.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's a demonstration of the PVP slider. Crank it to full and never worry about feeling grief again (that is until your wife leaves you because you spent all your money on JPEGs instead of your mortgage)

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i will provide you with an alibi if necessary pgabz you only have to ask

:pgabz:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

If I say I was in the 'Universe do you think that will do?

maybe but usually you are stealing other peoples ships and i'm not sure buti think piracy is probably also frowned upon by HMG

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

That room is where we had our final exhibition at design college, I chose the room, it is upstairs in an old mill in Manchester.
I am also in that film, seriously ha ha, suck it Sandi!

That's one of the best scenes in that film, your dancing is superb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QbuYYcfRmA

sorry to doxx you dancing cat :ohdear:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

mrking posted:

Nobody is saying it will be easy. Or fun. CIG is breaking ground in developing games jpgs that are unfun at their very core. It does sound like multiplayer matches are supposed to play as slow and plodding combat between two teams of awkward space men.

Playing paintball during work team-building days was enough to show me I can't run around at full sprint for hours like in an FPS, so CIG has achieved fidelity with real life there.

They just need to add an area at the back of the arena I can sit and drink beers and watch everyone else run around playing armymen for it to be 100% immersive.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Step away from the computer for a couple of hours and return to see this thread has blown up for some reason, then I read Derek's twitter.

Oh goddamn, you never fail to deliver, Dr Smart :allears:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

So I just thought of something, and hear me out here. What if Chris is actively trying to help the backers get out? ... Ultimately what if Chris is trapped by the very beast that he created, SC and Sandi. And that this entire thing is nothing more then a serious cry for help. A cry that will go unanswered.

Of course the truth is much simpler then this, but it's at least something funny to consider.

At the first whiff of Chris not following script, Ortwin would do some more Hollywood accounting with the seventeen companies they've set up and that would be the end for him. As long as Sandi stayed silent, they'd throw her a bone and give her the mocap studio as her way back into show business, this time in production rather than talent.

Chris, of course, wouldn't even be left with a pot to piss in.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

I didn't do the remake this weekend. I am home alone all this weekend; so I'll do it. Promise.

:toxx:

Please be a man of your word, Derek :colbert:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

pgabz music on point as always

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I have to say, Disco's acting is much better than Sandi's

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

vyst posted:

I can't believe that non consensual PVP is a legitimate thing. Like pvping someone is akin to rape

Harsh consequences is something that is absent from most MMOs and it's something we all desire :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hav posted:

I like how almost nobody starts with cannibalism.

Is everyone secretly okay with the inevitable space cannibalism? I mean, there would be long pig everywhere there would be people, and you know that there's going to be times when engines crap out. Starvation is a hell of a drive.

Perhaps a crafting game involving spices and herbs, and everyone having a secret 'deliciousness' variable. The actual slaughtering animations could be tasteful, and even give rise to a butchering minigame; you could use the assets for other things, like cows, space cows, martian cows, indicating the best parts of the meat with your laser knife. Perhaps people could have distinctive skulls that could be collected someplace.

It's already in another (not-space) ship sailing game, so of course Croberts will steal the idea come up with a new and innovative feature for the BDSSSE

• Locked thread