Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

Natron posted:

Well, if CIG isn't going to reveal anything, then Solar Plebeian will have to step up to the plate and get the hype train started.

:siren:

:siren:

Sorry this is like a ten pages back but wow.

This is loving amazing but, it needs all the trappings that a real fidelitous zero-g orbital landing pad would have - like a windsock, cargo cranes, grabby-hands trolleys, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

SelenicMartian posted:

A whale-shaped windsock.

I like it. Pallets loaded with whale-noodle vending machines, and the space bulldozer from the wing commander movie to shunt them around.

Toops, are you still accepting assets for solar pleb? I've got a week off work and a dusty copy of 3DSMax o9

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!
Hey, posting from several weeks past, I will never find the post again but I wanna say that this recipe:

quote:

200g Dark chocolate
170g caster sugar
5 eggs
125g powdered/blitzed almonds
2 tbs milk
25g plus a little extra butter
tiny bit flour
1 tsp vinegar

Butter and coat with flour a 26 cm (11 inch) cake tin
Chop 200g good quality dark chocolate and melt on low heat

Heat your oven to 180C

Separate yolks and whites from 5 eggs

Beat egg whites with 170g caster sugar until stiff

Beat egg yolks

Fold egg yolks into egg whites. Fold powdered almonds plus 2 tablespoons milk into egg mix

Stir 25g softened butter into chocolate

Fold chocolate/butter mix into egg and almond mix, plus a teaspoonful of vinegar (to prevent cracking)

Pour into cake tin and bake for 25 mins, roughly (check with wood stick or equivalent as usual)

Decorate with powdered sugar.

Is the loving tits, thank you to whoever posted it. Saved it in notepad when I saw it weeks ago, made it for a birthday cake yesterday and it got me many kudos. Only thing I would say is a 11" pan would be too big possibly, I put it in a 9.5" and it was already quite thin. although maybe because I didn't beat the eggs quite enough? Whatever, it was loving great anyway.

Anything happen since Ben tweeted his child rape fantasy site?

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Apr 24, 2016

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

Marc Hawk posts CiG like ManyAnus'dMan - is that his account you reckon or is that just the accepted way to type CIG over there?

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!
Anything happen in the last 40 pages ie. 3 days? There was a pro SC article in a German magazine, there was an SC fan event with poor attendance?

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!
From the video where Chris Roberts can't comprehend Richard Garriot's explanation of how zero-g works I got linked to a 2007 Warren Spector lecture with Garriot that seemed kinda interesting so I let it run a bit. Interesting enough the two of them come out with anecdotes of Roberts being a total control freak back even before WC1, firing people left and right and micromanaging his projects down to pixel level, while the two of them agree it is objectively better to relinquish control of your project to some degree no matter how painful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBjUdnAt1GM&t=7867s

Not news to this thread obviously. But it makes it all the more unbelievable to me that Chris fanboys not only threw in some cases thousands upon thousands at the project but also can keep suspending their disbelief that this project is in trouble or that their money is being spent unwisely when all this would be so well known to anyone who knew anything about Roberts.

e: Haha like 5 mins after that section they discuss how toxic egos are in the business. It's like they're carrying out an SC post mortem from the past. "No amount of talent is worth any amount of ego."

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jul 29, 2016

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Someone tell me how "Design by Dictatorship" would ever mesh with open development and soliciting backer feedback.

The Vision man. The Vision.

Give us all the feedback you want on how great the Vision is.

Anything else, 7 & 9, closed moved to concern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!
Anyone posting multiple paragraphs/posts of cringey angry reasoning at Deloria please consider the highly likely possibility that this is not actually the Deloria from RSI but someone from FYAD or whatever who registered because posting as a whale in this thread easily gets 10bux worth of salt from the regulars/ex-backers, especially given that they appeared just after Lazrin has been losing his appeal as pointless punching bag and just at a glance they don't post anything like RSI Deloria, apart from the emojis (which are a bit overdone here imo).

• Locked thread