Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Happy to report I have been refunded my full $50 with minimal messing about. Took about 3 weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
I'm quite glad I have all my money out of this. The game - when working - doesn't even look that fun to play and I'm gonna put this down to them focusing on worthless 'immersion' project goals instead of making a fun game.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

DarkRefreshment posted:

Besides, if making fun of people's sex life was "creepy" and socially unexceptable I wouldn't face them every time I see a tabloid at the grocery checkout line.

In what world have tabloids suddenly become respectable things to buy and read?

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
Why do these people keep trying to play this game when it crashes over and over again. Go play Fallout.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

Siva68 posted:

But I always assumed that if I wanted to kill people, I could at least get a classroom worth. #18,017

Why would someone say these things.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
All I wanted 4 years ago was a game with a good campaign like Freespace 2, that's why I backed. I hate the feature creep that has happened since that means that we won't get anything good at the end but an impressive tech demo. I wish they had only ever gotten $4 million dollars and been forced to get outside backing. I'm glad I got my refund earlier this year.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

Raskolnikov posted:

:same: but the laughs now are a pretty good consolation prize.

As soon as Chris announced his intended scope for fps crap i knew he'd lost the plot to a game in pursuit of his movie dreams.

The FPS looks utter crap still. I cringe everytime they show it.

This is going to be Freelancer again. Somebody will buy out CiG and tell Chris to go away and what little of the game that works will be released within a year of the buyout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
Chris's greatest sin is the animation system he insisted on doing that makes everything look terrible in motion and messes up all the game flow. SQ42 doesn't even work because of it. I wonder how much backer money went into that useless system.

• Locked thread