Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Backers have been conditioned to treat the possibility of a feature as evidence that the feature has already been released. It doesn't matter how preliminary, how superfluous, or how irrelevant a feature is. Everything is possible and everything will happen.

This is basically every game in development ever though. If X isn't in, game has cut content!! I mean look at Battlefront's press, almost the entirety of its first month or two was "game won't have <feature> from old battlefront." People really like to cling to ideas and then get mad when their own realities don't come true. It's probably why so many game devs stick to Twitter these days, they can casually talk about cool ideas without it going on a marketing-approved webpage as a confirmed feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You're talking about content being cut, I am talking about CIG adding stuff and backers treating every announcement as proof of SC's perfection and spending more money as a justification.

Right, I mean that's because other games don't announce features when they aren't even in the work flow. What I'm saying is I agree with you, consumers are almost always stupid when impassioned. I remember reading a post about dota2 where some guy was asking valve for a refund because he saw an announcement and clicked buy without reading it, and was ashamed he had paid to win. I imagine those types exist within the base of backers as well.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Gameplay?

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Congrats Eldragon, your pixel ships are rad. Merry jpegmas, may Chris Claus bring you all some high definition pngs for jpegmas.

Ps I found out I might be adopted thanks to this thread. My parents both love Hawaiian pizza while I can't stand it. :ohdear:

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

lol what would i do with two

same thing as with one i guess

Give the second one to Eonwe.

• Locked thread