Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

D_Smart posted:

It's spread out across a series of blogs offered below in chrono order. The most recent one is a synopsis.

This is a TL;DR version.

So basically what you're saying is that if you... YOU, Derek Smart (whoever the gently caress you are), if YOU can not build Star Citizen then NOBODY can.

You spent 25 years trying to build this game (which explains why you now sound so utterly insane) and you failed so miserably that now you're on a one man crusade attempting to bitterly denounce a developer who may now be realising YOUR dream and proving that it can in fact be done, thus making you... Derek Smart (along with your games), look like a steaming pile of dogshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

fuctifino posted:

How much do you have invested citizen?

£0.00

I am drawing my own conclusions from an entirely neutral perspective, I read Derek's blog / articles, I've heard what he has to say, and the only fitting conclusion I can draw from his points is written in the post you quoted me on. That's not me trolling, that's not me being a SC jpeg addict, that's not me being in a bad mood, it's my absolute natural response to reading Derek's attention-seeking rants.

I'm wondering why he chose SA as a platform for his whining?

He talks about the whole situation as if he genuinely believes he has bucket loads of credibility, self-glorifying himself to be some sort of master developer within the genre, his games are feces and he is delusional to consider himself a credible source of intelligence on the matter.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

Decrepus posted:

Can you please give me a completely neutral professional threat assessment of D_Smart? tia

Level of threat he poses to the success (or failure) of SC, on a scale of 0 - 10... 0.

Level of threat he poses to the physical well-being of me personally, on a scale of 0 - 10... 0, left right goodnight Dr. Smart, I wouldn't even need to take my watch off.

Laserpig fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jan 2, 2016

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

BMan posted:

False alarm guys, it's just a troll.

Also, I hope you didn't actually buy a Rolex, that's almost as bad as buying Star Citizen jpegs.

See, neutral

I've never said SC is what RSI claim, I'm just saying Derek is a dickhead with zero credibility.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

Justin Tyme posted:

lol that's like the third time you have mentioned :siren: :gary:MY ROLEX:yarg: :siren: in a star citizen thread

I'm sorry, on Christmas Eve I had the privilege of playing poker in Manchester with a certain premier league football player, I commented on his watch and he gave it to me, turned out to be a £15,000 Everose gold yachtmaster Rolex, I'm going to sell it, but for now it's strapped firmly onto my wrist. Quite lucky.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

jaegerx posted:

Did you gently caress a granny like Rooney too?

No.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.
To be fair if Star Citizen is actually a scam then it's a pretty good scam right? If I could scam the world for $50mil and get away with it then I'd do exactly that without a shadow of second thought.

So hats off to RSI either way, unless you're one of the salty dumb bastards who actually did spend $100 on a jpeg of course.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

SeaRoughAteTeaFore posted:

Wrong, it's everything that's wrong with america.

Hates off to your mother for going back in time and aborting you.

Don't worry just tell me how much you wasted on those jpegs and I will consider rectifying your retarded investment when I sell my Rolex.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

like imagine how vulernable an irl criminal would be to such an ebullying attack. imagine

Depends what type of criminal they are, a lowlife petty drug-addicted thief could probably be driven to suicide, however I highly doubt any form online community could impact the emotions of say... Pablo Escobar, not even in the slightest way.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

bearbaiter posted:

lmao look at this retard. "our goonly powers of persuasion could convince, by the mere power of INTERNET SUGGESTION, some real lowlife to commit suicide, freeing the world of his awful presence!"

kill yourself

I have literally witnessed exactly that, on Paltalk (voice chatrooms), they host "insult rooms" where people spend their lives ripping the poo poo out of each other all day long, in 2007 a guy called Kevin Whitrick took it all way too serious and hung himself live on webcam... BY THE MERE POWER OF INTERNET SUGGESTION.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

rolexes and audis are for petit-boug sheeptools with too much moeny an d not enough creativitity

audi does make a good car tho

It's funny you should say that, I drive an Audi A3, regardless I WISH I had too much money.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Weird, I felt exactly the same about Laserpig's, "I'll fight D_Smart irl."

Which I will, there will only be 3 hits in the fight, I hit Derek. Derek hits the floor, the ambulance hits 100mph

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

HapiMerchant posted:

who the hell is seraph I don't keep up on the latest fresh SA memes

Please tell me you are very mondo serious about having a match. we can say there's been two 'celebrity' SA boxing matches!

I'm absolutely 100% serious. I once starred in an hour long documentary on UK national TV which later aired internationally, random Brazilians know who I am, the likelihood is that you think I'm lying, but I'm not.

Unknown rejected delusional insane game developer Vs. Internationally recognised traffic-lawbreaking motocross wheelie terrorist ... I think it would be a sellout event

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

I'm 95% sure I could break DSmart's spine with one kick not even joking. I'm not a violent man tho. Just sayin the man has no core.

I take it you must be pretty good at some form of martial art then? Because if you kick in a standing fight, and you're not a martial artist / trained to kick a standing opponent... you are probably going to find yourself on the floor with somebody pointing a camera at you screaming "world star" having just recorded you kicking somebody in the knee (aiming for the head). Resulting in you getting knocked out.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

No not at all, I just wouldn't want to be kicked by me or anyone else who rides 56x16 because they have tree trunks for legs.

Whatever part of you gets struck by my retard non-trained kick is going to be completely destroyed. Eventually something important will get kicked and you go down. Hypothetically.

Ah! You must be American, (stereotypically) Americans seem to have an obsession with size and weight, wrongly under the impression that it plays much more of a role in a physical confrontation than it actually does, you can be 7ft tall and 300lbs of stone cold muscle... and there are guys less than of half your size who will rock your brain so hard with a swift temple shot that those tree trunk legs turn into peperami sticks.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

HapiMerchant posted:

you guys should touch genitals it seems you're made for each other

Definitely not.

I've posted some dogshit in this thread, sarcasm aside, I sincerely apologise for my poo poo posts. Please don't associate me with that person, I'm actually here for the right reasons.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.
The thing that pisses me off the most about Star Citizen is not the fact thait might be a scam, may never exists and it may be impossible to create.

What pisses me off most are the cringey pussified carebears begging for a PvE game, "please don't put the best loot in lawless areas", "please don't make me do PvP", "please don't allow griefers to exist", "I don't want to have to use my brain to defend myself", "I don't want lose my ship". I loving hate these little cock suckers, a new MMORPG gets announced and they flood into the community from WoW, GW2, SWTOR and highsec... Demanding that the game be REdesigned in favour of their own pussified playstyle due to their false sense of entitlement to not be repeatedly smashed to loving pieces in-game.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

xanif posted:

non-consensual pvp is literally worse than rape

(This argument has been made on the forums)

When I mercilessly obliterate you in game, the most I'm hoping for is for you to fight back and have fun, or, feel a slight sense of frustration and throw your monitor against the wall. But if you want to get all emotional about it and consider yourself sexually violated then that's absolutely splendid.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.
If SC does turn out to be a huge scam and hilariously fail then the guy in this video is going need years of professional help in order to recover, I fear he will never recover, in fact he will definitely, certainly... commit suicide. Worst of all, he will die a virgin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avoFdZzmpHE

Laserpig fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jan 4, 2016

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.
I've been thinking, I might drop $1000 on SC and see what all the fuss is about.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

Codependent Poster posted:

You know what makes games fun?

Having to buy insurance in-game.

Imagine having to buy insurance in GTA instead of just saving cars in garages. Or paying a fine to get them back from impound. No, those ideas are too easy and fun! Instead you have to pay for insurance!

If you able to save your ship in a garage then how the gently caress am I supposed to blow it up? Retard

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

Gwaihir posted:

It just occured to me. They all have british teeth.

It also occurred to me, they all have retarded American personality traits and are all morbidly (Americanly) obese.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.
Oh my poo poo, I just found out Croberts grew up in Manchester and went to the same highschool as me... well that loving settles it then, I'm off to buy ships.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

DigitalMocking posted:

Realtalk, how much money do you think crobberts, his brother, sandi and whowever else has siphoned off from this project so far?

I've gotta believe at least 70% has gone to things other than development, mocap and Restoration HardwareTM purchases.

They can't have spent more than 35 million even with the clusterfuck management so far.

Who really gives a poo poo, you are a spastic to believe that if you head a $100mil company which brings in over $2mil/month that every single penny should go towards development and the people of the company should live their personal lives on the absolute loving minimum, it's people like you who expect Chris to be eating beans on toast every day because the extra money it would cost to eat steak is strictly for game development only, you are DELUSIONAL!

Croberts is the chairman of a $100mil+ company, are you really so loving surprised that he is driving around in a Ferrari and living in a mansion? Think about it, and I'm sure if you had created such a company you would be doing the same. "Hey guys we got another 1.5mil in pledges this month, hookers and blow for everybody!"

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

Romes128 posted:

Derek said last month they had like 11 million left

Which I now believe because cig admitted he has a source. Lol.

Well then you're a loving retard if that's what you believe, if his company is taking in more than $2mil every month then they're nowhere near to running out of money, which is what Dickhead Smart is suggesting... And what you are believing.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

Romes128 posted:

That's not how companies work

Fist yourself rolex deep you little poo poo.

I think you will find it is, actually.

Especially when the money is crowd funded, oh you gave us $2000 and you're not getting what you personally expected... Ok, so? what you gonna do about it?

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

Romes128 posted:

Didn't you say you were going to ban star citizen supporters?

If you check my previous posts I'm not exactly a supporter, but I know better than to follow the ranting of a talentless, rejected game developer with zero credibility.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

Romes128 posted:

So you're not a Chris roberts supporter either?

Not really, I mean did just discover than he grew up in the same city as I did so I do like him a little more than I previously did, but I wouldn't go as far as to say I support him, I've never spent a penny on any of his games, he's not Manchester United.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

Xaerael posted:

Lazerpig is an Eve J4G.

Never J4G,

I'm a J4Best online community because I like discussing poo poo, I was aware of SA way before I had ever played EVE and had no interest in playing with goonswarm because they played the game in a different way to how I did.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

Eonwe posted:

i personally dont care why you joined

i just like that you are posting your bad opinions here for me to laugh at

At least somebody appreciates my presence, somebody even labelled me a goon earlier in the thread, I feel honoured, gently caress the guy who told me to lurk more. poo poo I might even buy myself an avatar.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

CrazyLoon posted:

You really should lurk more, tho, and not come back until you post a picture of you doing your martial arts while wearing your rolex. That way you'd at least be posting something of substance, rather than your retarded tough guy act.

Yes because your posts are so evidently rich with substance (regurgitated semen) that if you are the one telling me to lurk more then I guess it's a no-brainer, I must lurk more, the CrazyLoon has spoken. Cya in 6 months people.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

Xaerael posted:

LOL gently caress off, You love the site so much that after you clearly got targeted for an Eve scam and a 3 day ban for rape jokes, you hosed off for over a year, only to come back and start shitposting about how wonderful Star Citizen was.

You couldn't be any more wrong about everything you just said. So much so, that you are now beyond help and the only option is for me to simply refuse to acknowledge your dogshit posts going forward.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

Lowtax posted:

Do it, give me your money, buy a jpg spaceship avatar

I will man, I might even just straight up sport the Star Citizen logo

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

Bait and Swatch posted:

Derek Smart's criticism and accusations were just proven credible by one Sandi Gardiner. How does this make you feel?

Are you a farm animal? Is that why tyour meltdown started? Tell us how Derek touched your butthole and all will be forgiven, this is a p safe space for you

You don't need to read into Derek's accusations, all you need to do is look at his motives and then all credibility gets sucked out into the vacuum of space.

To cut a long story short: Derek claims he has been trying to create Star Citizen for 25 years, and has been failing miserably for 25 years... only now Derek has to observe a competitor succeeding way beyond his very own wildest dreams, thus Derek is PISSED.

He believed he had talent, he believed he had the ability to create something great, and when he failed he had so much (delusion) self confidence that he deemed it impossible, he told himself - "if I can't do it, nobody can", and then he looked at what CIG is doing, and shat himself. The End.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

Dapper Dan posted:

:lol: 'Succeeding' Yeah, ok. 4 years + 100 million with the only thing to so for it is barely a tech demo, is succeeding. Btw, if this were true, Derek would have been raging at Elite: Dangerous because that's something that actually exists.

Why are all defenders of this thing loving retarded?

You're speaking as if the Star Citizen project is already dead and buried, do you not realise that the game is still being actively funded and developed every day, I don't necessarily support the game or the company - I can see how it would appear that way, but I'm sticking to facts.

They have development studios, they have funding, they have a game in development, I can see a shitload of accusations and speculation, but I don't see any actual FACTS to back it up.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Derek's motives are also part of what makes this entertaining. We're here for the laughs, the fact that Derek Smart is insane and possibly resentful adds to the levity of the situation. You're missing the point.

I get that, and I'm not directing my observations at the people who also get that, but at the people who don't get that, the people who believe that Dsmart is actually credible and is a person with any sort of reliable intelligence on the matter, because evidently, he isn't.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.
I'm trying to work out this anomaly that leads to 4 or 5 of the shittest, most boring posters in the thread wanting me to be banned, could this be a coincidence or am I a shitpost magnet?

I think all calls to have Laserpig banned should be redirected to the lepers colony.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

Eonwe posted:

im a lovely boring poster and I don't want you to be banned

friend

I know, I've warmly received your borderline support, friend. I appreciate it.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

Samizdata posted:

How about you just stop talking/posting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

Hav posted:

Okay, but how do you feel about Star Citizen?

I'm not entirely sure, I'm leaning towards calling bullshit on most of the conspiracy purely because... Conspiracy is conspiracy, there is no "proven evidence" for the accusations, only speculation.

I think the game and it's features were announced way too soon (when the game was a mere concept), obviously it had to be that way in order to get funded, but this may have resulted in CIG biting off way more than they can chew, I'm not sure it's even possible to develop what has been promised, and if it is then CIG is way way WAY behind schedule, and knowing the gaming industry as it is then I think it's safer to expect disappointment, BUT...

IF at the end of the tunnel Star Citizen does turn out to be what was promised, as late as it may be, it will be a loving revolutionary masterpiece within the gaming industry and will be HUGELY successful, the concept of Star Citizen is undeniably mouth-watering and if we as gamers want to have an amazing gaming experience then we want that concept to become a reality, BUT...

It probably won't and we will all be left disappointed, as per usual.

• Locked thread