Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Karl_Ramseier posted:

0, my packages are gifted.
Okay. How many dick picks did you have to look at then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Karl_Ramseier posted:

You surely have strange hobbies.
I surely do.

But we're not talking about me.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Fish Fry Andy posted:

The number of people in that thread who just can't believe that Derek Smart would do something as hosed up as doxxing someone who religiously posts on their hate sub dedicated to poo poo talking and stalking him loving owns.
Seriously, stop cyberbullying the guys who try to cyberbully you Derek, you big loving meanie.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Sarsapariller posted:

It's not funny to defend this even ironically.
I'm not even defending it ironically.

There's apparently now multiple subreddits dedicated to personally attacking and harassing Derek Smart because he dared to criticise a loving videogame. I had a little think about that, and found I couldn't really get too outraged about any of this.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Chalks posted:

Coke machine is CR's wrestling name
:boom:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

That's him in the wheelchair.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Tell you what, Sandi looks really different without her makeup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjkdynBFHuQ&t=70s

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Nickiepoo posted:

Calling someone a twat and a prick isn't a personal insult but not liking SC is. Lol reddit.
This is what I don't get, it's just so blatantly one sided that other people must've noticed by now. The rest of reddit can't be as bad as that shithole, so why isn't someone stepping in and saying "you're running this place like Pinochet ran loving Chile. Knock it off".

Or is every subreddit its own little kingdom? I don't really know how it works over there.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Shiny as gently caress but ill thought through and practically unusable in the real world.

Star Citizen.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

e:bugger

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Incombibulator posted:

lol robes.
I'm still only 7th level naked butt. I can only dream of robes.
Look, you've had warnings about this before. Even if you're not entitled to a robe, you've still got to wear your loving pants.

Sheesh.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Cloud Imperium Games: £375
Roberts Space Industries: £375
Foundry 42: £750

Total Fines: £1500

I guess they don't care because that's less than two hours of income?
Those are just the automatic fixed penalties, if HMRC thinks they're actively taking the piss and not just being incompetent fucksticks they can bring much bigger guns to bear.

As in actual criminal charges for the directors and unlimited fines.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Chalks posted:

Yes, one is a unicorn and one is a horse. Can you guess which is which?
Nah. They're both horses, but one of them's had a horn nailed to its forehead by Chris Roberts, and is now thrashing around on the floor waiting for a Doctor to put it out of its misery.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Ben. He's the only one who truly loves Chris, not like those pretenders, and one sweet day Chris will finally realise it you'll all see!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

The exploration mini game is actually based on Ben's daily struggle to find his cock.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Actually that was mean. I'm not normally that mean.

He is fat though.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Nickiepoo posted:

Also what is the best drat space sim ever (that actually exists)?
Kerbal Space Program.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

the Orb of Zot posted:

What Chairman's Rant? I assume it's either absolutely insane or not that crazy but just happened to be the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back and the general public realized this was actually a complete money pit.
In response to some negative press that could've easily been dismissed with a simple "this is bullshit", Roberts instead wrote a 5000 word diatribe about how gamergaters, Derek Smart and the Escapist had formed a conspiracy to get him because they were jelly of his sick crowdfunding moves and genius level vision.

Judge for yourself whether that's absolutely insane or not.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

FrankieGoes posted:

Wait, what disease does Dickwulf have? Some kind of penis disease?
He's a oval office.

Jerome Flynn has reliably informed me that there is no cure.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

ShredsYouSay posted:

Btw Pete, don't tell me you've put up your christmas tree on the 3rd of november..
What if he never takes it down?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Karl_Ramseier posted:

I think she likes me. What happens if a schizophrenic person loves one of his or hers personalties. Can they have babies?
Hi there. I don't usually do this kind of thing, but you need to gently caress off and get some counselling before you hurt someone over a videogame vapourware you loving mad oval office.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

pokie posted:

Can someone explain the incident with shaved pubes and Sandi? I read the first 50 pages of thread and it was mentioned a few times.
Sandi forcibly shaves all CIG employees once a week while Chris holds them down. She's a bit of a tyrant apparently!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Eonwe posted:

or how about

reddit - :reddit: free speech :reddit:
Fixed.

It was right there man, you're losing your game.

vvv I know these have been trying times for all of us, but don't slip Eonwe, we depend on you! vvv

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

BastionPete posted:

SC subreddit imgur posts getting bombed
The idea that this was a 'friendly fire' incident doesn't really hold any water IMO. The fact that every image without exception got taken down, leads me to believe that it was a deliberate attack. There were plenty of really obscure images taken down that were posted years ago that weren't originally posted in this thread. I say originally because after the news broke, some then started posting more links here to images to try and get them taken down by proxy. I could be wrong on this one, but I really don't think so.
It wasn't Star Citizen pictures that were being reported, it was any picture posted in the thread.

Why don't you have a look and see for yourself. This post contained a picture of someone's catte. Someone's catte in a box.

Kinda renders your little "IMO" complete loving bollocks doesn't it?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Son of Rodney posted:

Can someone explain why people seem to buy not-existent ships for insane amounts of money? What is the benefit, why are they an investment (are they??) and why would you EVER spend 600 dollars on a video game ship.
It's because they can make money by selling them to even bigger loving idiots later.

Which is one of the reasons there's a small but extremely vocal sect of backers who roam the internet furiously attacking anyone who's even remotely negative about the "game".

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

njark posted:

we still posting cats?

Your catte looks a bit like Willem Dafoe...

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Sandi: I know that Smart has planted a mole, and I know it is one of five men.
[starts placing out chess pieces with photos on them]
Sandi: Lesnick: Tinker. Day: Tailor. Peterson: Soldier. We leave out "Sailor", too much like "Tailor". Mackay: Poorman.
Chris: And the fifth?
Sandi: niggercuntfaggot!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Nice tribute to an rip legend there too.

This game has everything, brb fetching my credit card.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

SelenicMartian posted:

In the background DickWulf is going "Woof! Woof! The last time I called anyone darling she had a dickpic in her email ten minutes later."
Please don't associate that charisma vacuum with the glory that was Rik Mayall.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

theultimo posted:

Anyone figure out who that money guy is?
You mean token black guy?

They dragged him in front of the camera right after the accusations of racism surfaced. I remember someone saying he's a video editor or something like that.

e:morer

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Matlock Birthmark posted:

It actually is, and while I'm giving Dsmart the benefit of the doubt, I can't imagine this would qualify for a RICO situation.

It's what they brought against FIFA if I'm remembering correctly. It's a pretty big deal in the US.
You never watched the Sopranos?

RICO is the poo poo they used to take down the mob, that's pretty much what it's for. It's serious loving business.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

theultimo posted:

Reminder, Al Capone got taken down due to tax evasion, not mafia dealings
Yeah, but that's way before they enacted RICO. They got him for tax evasion because they couldn't get him for anything else, the legal system just didn't have the tools to deal with organised crime.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

MeLKoR posted:

If Paradox ever goes down I'm sure someone will pick up the mantle so there's always going to be PC gaming for me.
Speaking of Paradox, Stellaris popped into my Steam queue the other day and it looks really interesting.

The only thing I'm not liking so far is they seem to be going the micromanagement route with regards to planets, and that just kills 4x games for me. Planetary management is easily the most tedious thing you have to do in those games in my opinion, so why more developers can't take a leaf out of MOO's book (1 not 2) in regards to that is beyond me.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

EightAce posted:

Touched a nerve did I :)
So did he.

No wait, I meant kid. He touched a kid.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Robco's been in Fallout since the original.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

That might be true, but it's called RobCo because they make robots, so any relation with the saviour of PC gaming is purely coincidence (and Bethesda didn't make the original).

Now, that espresso machine on the other hand...

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Nov 11, 2015

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Is "VIP pop up meeting" code for "Sandi is out shopping and needs someone to buy her lunch"?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

e: the 70s one, there's been a few.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Agrajag posted:

that is some excessive expenditure for a company producing jpegs but should be scrambling to produce a game
Spaceship jpegs have been a growth industry for the past 3 years, can't blame them for focussing on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

fuctifino posted:

Look at those tiny flailing t-rex arms.
His arms are normal sized.

Give that a minute to sink in. Is your mind blown yet?

• Locked thread