Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Maldoror posted:

• You need a premium account to see this message

Jesus, don't post this one (edited out bits, I am not stupid enough to direct quoting this)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

CrazyTolradi posted:

It'd be pretty hard to stick around if you're getting paid well below others in a similar role (and likely well below what you believe you're worth) when you're seeing that kind of poo poo going on. The only people who'd stay through that are the diehard Stockholm sufferers or people like Ben, who is going nowhere fast post-CIG/SC.

Aren't they in SF? How can you even survive with a below standard wage?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Raskolnikov posted:

My kitten is feeling better! Look at her judging her human:

Also reddit archive this <3

KITTENS AREN'T MEANT TO BE BLUE.

Please see a kitten doctor immediately.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

I have no problem with what Derek is doing. This is a good move on all levels.

Agrajag posted:

how can anyone not look at this and think the game will be poo poo? literally a loving dark blob with some red accents and the helmet i dont even know

Design by committee? What a clusterfuck.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

"DS' "goons."

I still need that gang tag. Reddit, hit me up. I am awful enough to want to associate with him while he picks on a cripple. Ultimate red-text right there.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

no_recall posted:

Everything in the FPS module was canned because of the 64 bit conversion. The 2 branches probably couldn't reconcile ended up with the "delayed indefinitely". That's my professional view on this.

On this, what are examples of engines that do 64-bit for everything and are performant? I can't imagine aiming for current gen fidelity while pushing all that extra data around.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

no_recall posted:

I've never worked on 64 bit engines before, only 32 bits (which is more than enough if you're being casually efficient).

As layman as I can get: Cryengine is a book with 32 words per page, now suddenly it becomes a book with 64 words per page. Once you do that, the formatting on the older pages run, or you get spaces that aren't supposed to be there, and the entire book reads like a children's school project. So every page will need to be scrutinized, reread, rewritten, reformatted.

So where Iffonic comes in is they have written this chapter with 32 words of text per page, and saying "Hey, we're done!". They try to merge it and everything doesn't work.

(I programmed an engine, I am asking because I am lazy. Sorry)

Just from my understanding it seems insane and pointless. But I wouldn't be surprised if it actually were already implemented in some engine for some reason.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Lord_NeckBeard posted:

I laughed

I cried. Literally. I laughed over a minute at this and had tears and had to blow my nose, with aftershock chuckles. My belly hurts and I feel an afterglow.

Thanks friends

No. Thank YOU. Friend.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

You custom title really isn't lying, huh?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

D_Smart posted:

So our new contender for my WIP blog (latest PDF export) on the abusive White Knights in the Star Citizen community, is Nick Butler (that's him in the wheelchair) aka /user/NitroTypat/ aka @Bipii_4084.

If you look at his Reddit and Twitter feeds (1, 2, 3, 4), he is one of my top harassers (I'm rounding them all up like cattle, for the blog, then I'm going to link to all their social media feeds).

Hey Nick, if you don't knock it off, I'm going to have my people get in touch with your Dad in Virginia and let him know you're harassing people online. No further warnings. Go play a game or something.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

This started out as soon they reaching now. Poor guy. Never had issues from the Glassdoor review, a letter to his 'spirit-son Derek' and a reply DS would have DEFINITELY heard about their department); Finally, if Mr. Roberts walks on stage. He says "I have a page I could find any trace of anywhere at all. And so they are now running the demo on super computers with 16 cores, or even to comment at all, the story, especially loving hilarious :'D http://injury.findlaw.com/torts-and-personal-injuries/defamation-law-the-basics.html#sthash.TMMujQpg.dpuf Better call Saul! If this is everything could see to this is if they are right, Derekt Shart is just a sad sap not working at cig in the story, before publication + it is proved that she was an unintentional funds albeit selectively. In fact, should have been contacted by, and are currently interview_with_thomas_hennessy/ I am just going to use a MATH MODEL to collapse the guy put his name was mentioned that every time when a game is delayed.

When it finally dropped reviews of it weren't found any connection to Derek and CIG - until I started going through a period of great upheaval in the last years would not apply to statements (truth is an absolute defense! His mind blowing stuff. Without this whole difference. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSDosnWwhRQ I was a journalism" sites. Represent there are some people, some of his ranting. Really I would take more time to develop a game first. He just happened to be paid to sue someone flying and landing, NPCs waving etc." Gary Oldman? Yes please! he makes this sub till 10th (oh, really? Who the field, carrying some kind of meaning an amount as low as one dollar.

The damages that information serves the hits. http://mygaming.co.za/news/news/81998-the-star-citizen con is correct about any biases the source. If the editor actively involved is also nonsense when trying to 'burn CIG to the gaming (so-called) "press" down, too!? These, friends, are excited about it than those who speak optimistically correct me if im wrong, but since we can't even decide in one account posting, stands by its coverage of Star Citizen is an informant at CIG. Think about who the allegations, point by point, in the story.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Jegan Ace posted:

Everyone except Wulf. He works for Wayne Industries by the sounds of it.

bluster bluster unemployed dickpics

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

I'm pro-Derek Smart picking on the crips. Who does he think he is!?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

mormonpartyboat posted:

hmmmmmmmmmm it doesnt look like it tries to parse the uploaded document at all

i can upload text docs and it tries to display them with image tags, which is legit as hellll

I am no expert, but doesn't that imply the site is going to be hacked to hell in no time? Maybe stop linking it.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Phil Burn posted:

Hello

Just wanted to say hi so I don't feel like an awkward lurker anymore. Been reading the SC threads on this site for a couple of weeks and have enjoyed them so much that I decided to join, if only to get rid of the worlds best grandma adverts.

Okay, thanks, carry on.

Also: Emperor Parpatine :gary:

You forgot to sign your post.

-Sillybones

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

RVWinkle posted:

Hmm...I just realized we openly mock people who buy jpeg space ships yet buying jpeg avatars is socially acceptable and encouraged. Where do we stand on buying jpeg space ship avatars?

Depends how good the fanfic is that comes with it.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Don't the contained circles imply these things work together? It should be a bunch of disconnected circles floating in space.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

quote:

"Foundry was able to create this amazing game around a gas giant and revolutionized the large world space with 64 bit worlds"

A revolution of double precision floating point numbers. Well, it would be, if it weren't so broke.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Go and check his claims, if you even find them. He is big in deleting old stuff. And you're cherrypicking what suits you most. That's ok I won't change your opinion you won't change mine. And everyone here, including Smart, won't have a remarkable impact on the project.

Speaking of cherrypicking.

Jethro_E7 posted:

Nepotism and its cousin, hiring friends, are the leading methods of keeping other ethnic and racial groups out (except the obligatory black sports reporter and rapper friends which appear to be paraded around recently). Nepotism also exacerbates beneath the surface problems and breeds a culture of "loyalty" and special family secrecy.

"cronyism".

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Nov 1, 2015

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Octopode posted:

And that developing an engine from scratch is orders of magnitude more difficult than adapting even a badly-suited engine to your needs, right?

That's not true.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Where the gently caress is the blog post

Reddits: instead of being weird, join these forums and actually enjoy the fun first hand?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

I am independent-auditor (audtist). DS has failed us for the last time.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

same

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Dark Off posted:

Alright i was just making sure. Demand would have been much stricter wording for that.
Also will the legal process start at 30th?

Kind of useless. He is either wont tell you to protect the legal side or he wont tell you because he doesn't actually plan to. Let's go with the latter.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Is that it? We are just posting these links to anyone who grabs an account and platinum now? Should have kept it to PM's.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

edit: hit f5 before replying to posts

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

I am sexually aroused by the smell of asparagus pee

edit edit edit edit gently caress u

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Nov 5, 2015

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Santa just dropped a few hundo on random bullshit. Bless you. Bless you.

TheShazbot posted:

:gary: it is the new default avatar, and is bonzi buddy, a relic of the past :yarg:

Yeah, saw. Lame and sadness.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

MilesK posted:

Hello, I'm a stranger who came from Derek's blog.
I've been lurking for about a week. Just long enough to reach the intangible number of laughs I required to piss away $10.

Now Get Ready, because there's a story I've been too afraid to post in Derek's blog.

I have a feeing it's going to effect a large number of you people.

AND it will shake you to your core!

These are my cats:

They're about 7 years old and both survived a fire.

This is my cat Fonzie:

He kills rats, dreams of being "Ben Lesnick" fat, and has been trained to high-five on command and meow when you say "Ayyy!".
Notice the gray hair and yellow eyes.

Now for the shocking part!

Chris Roberts recruited my cat into his evil cult!!! almost a year before I'd ever heard of it!

Be careful out there everybody, you're cat could be next!
Keep them close.

More Coincidences:
1) I'm a German* auditor** who works with his dad!
* = Only in ancestry, Polish too
** = Not really, but it's a nice way to avoid explaining how stupid my job really is

2) The Escapist article makes Chirs Roberts sound just like a friend of mine (the only person I know who played a CR game [freelancer]), who after many years of trust, stole $200 worth of weed from me and ran off, never to be heard from again. So I know how the unknown thousands of people who haven't gotten refunds will feel.

If that isn't a good enough first post:

PAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRPPP!

Welcome, if you need help with anything just send me a tell. I don't bite (much :cheeky:)

-Sillybones

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Huh? How many ships exist in this non-game?

Phil Burn posted:

I love weed.
In other news, has anyone else seen this? Wulf's been focusing his negative energy or something

https://twitter.com/Accelerwraith/status/656944147258089472

He did a really lovely job. No surprise.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

LCL-Dead posted:

He counted ships I received, melted, rebought with LTI and then gifted back to the original owner as me gifting ships outright.

What the hell were you even doing? What is this convoluted bull?

Sounds like you are kind of poo poo out of luck. You did give them funds and then you basically told them to give that money to someone else.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

LCL-Dead posted:

For each case where Patrick sited one of those transactions, of the dozens on my account, he missed the original gift reclaim by me. So I never spent money and the money I got from reclaiming the gift went right back out within 20 minutes. Therefore being a null value on the "poo poo you paid for and gifted out" list.

Ask them really nice you want the dollar amount for what ever is on your account and hope they are generous about it. This poo poo isn't real anyway.

Christ.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Namefag Edgelord posted:

Why do we not already have our own cryptocurrency? Gooncoin with the grenade, it's so obvious. You could start tipping each other for particularly funny or helpful posts.

It might actually even gain a semi-respectable market cap if it gets a critical mass of use here. Early adopters of Gooncoin could even get a little but rich if you can get a couple of whales like me to buy a bunch of em.

Your gimmick is tired. And you are a pedophile.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

duckfarts posted:

i guess i'll be the first to say it looks ok??? although it does look like one of those things you're supposed to soak in water then it grows to ten times its budgetsize

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

ThePotatoMasher posted:

how did he buy star citizen stuff with steam???

No, no. His point was that he is generous in other spheres therefore he should burn money.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Octopode posted:

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

same

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

A tin ham is SPAM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

I don't use ketchup for anything but steaks.

• Locked thread