Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

So how difficult is it, and what do I have to do to refund my $80s of jpeg?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

jaffyjaffy posted:

It may no longer be possible, or so it seems.

As it stands now CIG is denying all refunds, or at least appear to be. Depending on when you pledged/how your bank works it may be past their window to initiate a chargeback as well. I still need to get a hold of my bank personally since I've been distracted with holiday stuffs, but as it stands now I may be stuck with my $65 jpeg.

:(

I probably should have asked when I read the escapist article originally. Oh well, watching this thing crash and burn is well worth the $80 I guess.

I just wanted a TIE-Fighter-like, what the gently caress did they do to that game, and why did Frontier make it instead?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Moby Dick

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

nopantsjack posted:

Here is my latest adventure in a real space game:

Yes, but could you walk into your cargo hold and rape your slaves? Check mate Elitailure. :smug:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

To be fair, it says he's a crazy loser, whose demands are quite reasonable.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Laserpig posted:

Level of threat he poses to the physical well-being of me personally, on a scale of 0 - 10... 0, left right goodnight Dr. Smart, I wouldn't even need to take my watch off.

What about Chris Roberts then, what impact has your definitely $0.00 investment had on your physical (or psychological) well-being?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

So how did you gently caress the granny then?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

RuanGacho posted:

Okay now I feel the singularity is coming on because this reads like something Jrodefeld would write.

Weird, I felt exactly the same about Laserpig's, "I'll fight D_Smart irl."

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

It's a bit pathetic that we've put more thought into how we're going to always be right, than CIG has into making a game.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Nalin posted:

VR is going to be the most vomit inducing thing in Star Citizen

Pretty sure that's Lesnick actually.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

^Don't click this. You don't need it. No matter how curious you are.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I don't think it's actually for the audience. I think these people have literally no imagination and want to be able to do boring monotonous jobs for the immersion.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

MeLKoR posted:

I hope they tie it with the research module so I can gently caress off to a deserted area of the Verse and peacefully work on my pig-whale hybrids in solitude.

"The Grox are attacking your home planet!"

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"The community voted for it!"

I'm sure they'd really like to stop it, but gosh darn, these folks just want to contribute. Who are they to stop them?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

How many of the promised 50 hours is patrolling empty asteroid fields while your wingmen show off their one character trait, which you can handily remember from the witty nickname they have?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Will your dude in SQ42 be faceless or will they have a character generating tool? Looking at the regular no name dudes makes me think that yes maybe you could make a rudimentary character because they all look like garbage anyways. But then you look at the A list cast (plus sandi) and their production value is way higher, no way would they let you look like a garbo character next to them.

They've said customisable character. They've also said anytime you die there's a possibility a limb, or piece of your face is blown off and replaced with cybernetics.

So no, probably no customisable face.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Dogstoyevsky posted:

Hi I just noticed kilrathi is a portmanteau of "kill" and "wrath" and also that Chris Roberts is Aramaic for "total loving hack."

Oldman wasn't wrong about the Lucas comparison.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Won't insurance scams be really easy in this 'game'?

Buy a ship
Invite someone you know onto your ship
Have them kill you and steal your ship.
Respawn
Claim insurance, have a duplicated ship.

What, are your space premiums going to increase?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Supposedly if you do this enough the game will revoke your insurance.

So if you were griefed enough, you'd have your insurance revoked and have to repurchase that $900 ship you bought with real money?

Holy poo poo that's awesome, this game really is a dream simulator!

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Gwaihir posted:

yes the irony is that in the UK you actually get dental coverage vs the farce that is called dental insurance in the US so it's a long outdated stereotype, but oh well.

This is a space future where the Tories privatised the NHS and your teeth rotted out of your loving skull. Chris Roberts said so in webisode #52 of 10 for the chairman.

Chris Roberts posted:

Yes

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Oh gently caress, I can't stop my mouth! What am I about to say? gently caress, gently caress, gently caress.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

AP posted:

No wonder you're unhappy, it's all the loving rain.

Also he's stuck doing a gimmick on the unfunny side of an internet thing.

e:That's not fair, he might just hold an opinion that stops him from having fun.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I think it might actually be at Star Citizen's expense? It has to be, it's literally a sober view of a cultist's shrine and the effects of his addiction.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

And CIG moderators were involved in the conspiracy? Even if it were goons, shouldn't they be up in arms that it was a slap on the wrist?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Kakarot posted:

Martial Arts

KARATE, TAE KWON DO, TAIBO

hahaha

quote:

Total commitment to whatever you do
:siren:Awareness of yourself :siren: and the world
Excellence, the truest goal in anything you do
(the) Body as a force for total change
Obedience to your will and your true desire for change

Pretty sure she's not qualified.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

You know what's the best about the Madden gifs? They promised futuristic Madden action in the game all the way back in 2013.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/13365-Lore-Builder-Four-Sataball

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Midnight Voyager posted:

I'm laughing so hard that someone came in and asked what I was watching. This is amazing. They can't get their own line straight between... what, a grand total of three people?

Well now their line about the Escapist's sources conspiring to create a story just seems farfetched.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Khanstant posted:

OK whatever, but again, what happens when you get to the FPS part? Do you like, dock your ship, go through a minute long standing up animation, walk to your exit hatch, put on space suit, decompress or something, then open exit and step out, and then BAM you're in combat and someone shoots you in the head as you walk out? Or do you do all that and then walk to some other door which is where you get to enter the FPS zone? When you die, do you respawn? Is there a point? Or do you just shoot NPC mobs or something. There's so much words about this game and I've been following it since the kickstarter and I feel like I just know less and less about this game the longer it goes on

Basically the appeal is supposed to be that you can disable someone's ship, EVA over, blow open their hatch and then board and take over their ship. Of course it's such a janky game that it's going to be complete poo poo and not fun at all.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

And what's the point of the mocap there anyway? It's just miminal movment from all involved (especially sandis face - Minus the blinking)

Oh yeah good job sandi you really sold walking from one side of the room to the other and turning your head slightly (still can't act)

Holy poo poo why did we build multiple mocap studios?!? Quick, film the entire game there!

e:That's probably too much self-awareness though.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Dead Like Rev posted:

Can we launch a rescue operation for poor Mark Strong? I feel like they've abducted him and locked him in a closet somewhere....... Guys if we kickstart it we can hire a mercenary unit to save Mark Strong

I'll get the Jpegs ready.

$60 Scarf variant

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Young Freud posted:

How can you even do this when the pilot is immune to any attacks save blowing up the ship?

Don't ask me, their hack of changing the player into the ship seems to have completely undermined the entire point of the FPS combat. I suppose I'm just not showing enough faith that they know more about game design than I do, and they'll get around to the gameplay reasons for FPS around release.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

empathe posted:

What are their eSports plans, though?

Sataball obvs

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Screw originality, what's up for grabs? Flight stick? Jacket? Maybe a new GPU?

A refund.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Romes128 posted:

Problem is you have to satisfy the nerds who spent hundreds of dollars on a ship. If I can get a $500 ship in sc as easily as I can get a new ship in Elite just by grinding out missions then cig will be giving a huge finger to their backers.

Which if they were in any way intelligent they would, and then act all shocked that people weren't just donating to the completion of the game. With the true believers they have they could easily get enough people to guilt the other half into playing along.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

:pgabz: :pgabz:

Ash1138 posted:

i don't know what's going on, but it's all very exciting nonetheless

It certainly is.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Bootcha posted:

loving hell.

I was trying to make a new AdVenture Captialist avatar gif, with rotating pictures in the magic ball. Then I saw Sandi in the ball and thought about it. I thought about how much Sandi has done to herself, and that it'd be better if she left gracefully. And then I remembered that movie title "Gone Baby Gone". And I thought "Oh, she's gone, baby".

No, I have no information nor premonition that Sandi is leaving. Gawd.

You definitely picked the right colour for the balls then, you tease.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Little off topic here but how many of you are aware of brasseye, the English satirical look at politics and the world by chris morris?

Specifically the paedogeddon episode

I think gryphon20455's avatar should be changed to a picture of Dr.fox and his title should be :

" Paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that's a scientific fact: there's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact."

People who buy jpeg space ships must be off their heads on cake.

e:Lesnick himself suffers from Czech neck if rumours are to be believed.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jan 9, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

After nine days on holidays, I came home and caught up with the thread in three. Read all the posts. I'm dead. :negative:

I'm also really angry that someone beat me to a lyric swap of Waltzing Matilda.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Lonkface posted:

Since it's obviously bothersome to read through a successful authors work sometimes, I don't even wanna think about what it's like going through SQ42's script that's.. how many thousands of pages now?

Yeah, but how many of those words are:

PUSHER: [Blinks heavily]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Scruffpuff posted:

Of all things Star Citizen, the News Van Ship has to be the most surreal. The more you think about it, the deeper you dive into the insanity of the backers who proposed such an idea. There are people out there who think that in a heavily-instanced mini-area of 16 people, it would be fun for them to take up one of those slots to just fly around and look at the other 15 people, then report on their activities. Then, ostensibly, post them on YouTube and become some kind of space-Kronkite. What do they think those 15 people will be doing that would make for interesting viewing? Who the gently caress is going to watch something like that on YouTube? And since there's no persistence in a galaxy split into shards of 16 players each, why would anyone care? At least in EVE, with a single universe run by its inhabitants, there actually can be a newsworthy event that affects your play. But here, there is nothing, and there never will be anything. Do they think they're going to fly into a space battle, but not be participants themselves, and that will be more fun to watch than someone else who is actually IN the battle? The more I try to deep dive into their psyche, the more I disconnect from reason.

Also we've had military planes able to take film of battles they're in practically since military planes were a thing. Why would we need a dedicated news van at all even within the 'verse's lore?

• Locked thread