Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Oh gently caress yes count me in.

derek smart Derek Smart DEREK SMART

e:
I don't want off Mr. Smarts Wild Ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Oh boy I can't wait for the next meltdown from wikipedia lawyers about TOS changes.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Derek Smart you are unironically my hero. When I watched your livestream you just bitchslapped hundreds of people and called them little shits without even blinking :allears:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

The forum does have an attach function, so it would probably be a good idea to store some of these gems that way.

I literally have never seen anyone use it tho'.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Tank Boy Ken posted:

That's called progress? Right?

It is progress condensed in it's purest form. The epitome of video game development.
Star Citizen.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

The true hero here is eowne. eonwe I love you. Add me on steam so I can give you free poo poo.

I love you. No hetero.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Appearently this is how the graphics are supposed to be, it's the artstyle he wants.

I am hard pressed finding any art or style in this. I love you Smart, but this seems like a bit of a...ehhhhh.

Also actually you are an awful game dev but a great human being so you got that going for you.

Derek Smart Derek Smart DEREK SMART

#notacult

Michaellaneous fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Oct 27, 2015

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

grimcreaper posted:

Watch it now. According to my steam profile stalker we are the Real cult . Drink time is now.

fixed it

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

TTerrible posted:

To be fair to them, we've been empty quoting Dr Smarts promise to "burn down their jpegs" ITT.

What did we expect? We started this goons. We are the monsters.

But the jaypegs are actually burning in this very moment. Look at the first 10 pages.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Vire posted:

The best thing is none of us even has to do anything Chris Roberts is doing all the hard work of trolling his own most loyal fans to their faces when he says things like i'm not going to give you guys dates anymore.

I really want to be the fly on the wall for that one. Did they plan for their fans to be happy with that?

Because the thought process you have to follow to get to this conclussion is insane.

"We have basically nothing to show them, but thankfully we can actually and realistically expect them to be happy if we tell them that we won't do anything anymore."

Because they couldn't have just walked up there and hoped for the best. No, they realize that their fanbase is a full on cult at the moment. It's insane.

e: And they are actually using that to their advantage.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Klyith posted:

This is Derek Smart's planet. The rest of us are just living on it.

#notacult

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Star Cititzen: Archive this, reddit!

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Heliosicle posted:

What happened to all the images in the first few posts of the thread?

Angry reddit nerds mass reported it on imgur to take them down.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

janssendalt posted:

can CIG get its own The Hole now?

who would they put inside first?

This thread and the last are always lovely. You see people, and they evolve. A little character arc. People who see their wrongdoings turn around and become...a better human being. If only slightly. But that is more than you can expect.

:unsmith:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

AP posted:

I like janssendalt, I have high hopes.

Yeah he is a cool guy.

Reminds me of that guitar playing dude that was full of himself. His name was rose or something. After like 50 pages he agreed to meet goons irl and they all had a good time and he came out as better human being.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

T.G. Xarbala posted:

So I'm guessing r/starcitizen took friendly fire from that random redditor's imgur autoreporting bot then?

Because half the stuff we post here comes directly from them because it's so hilariously stupid.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Hooded Reptile posted:

Philmography 5 points 44 minutes ago

I've said it before and I'll say it again: anyone who expected SC to come out before 2016 was clearly delusional about the realities of game development, both in terms of production times for such a huge project and regarding the necessity for studios to low-ball their delivery estimates in order to keep consumers and investors interested. I backed the game 2 years ago and will be very happy to wait another year, or even two, if it means we'll get the game that we're all hoping for.

edit : https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3qf3g1/who_else_has_seen_this_sc_isnt_the_only_ones_with/

Clearly the people are delusional for trusting CIG.

Oh wait.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Everything aside, Reddit is an awful website from a technlogical standpoint. Who commented on who, and when, and what?

This makes shitposting hard. It also uses some bullshit special snowflake markup language and not BBCode like normal people.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

SneakyFrog posted:

* Contains Goonery*

I contain goonery. We all do.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Vire posted:

What's funny is that is wrong too because the first images to get taken down where DSmart's images in the OP of the thread and we all thought he just couldn't use img tags right at first so goons gave him a hard time not knowing it was a bot attack.

Derek Smart made many good games.
Shame on us for thinking he can't use forum tags.
:cheeky:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Young Freud posted:

I see what you did there.

Don't think we've had anything like r/jailbait or r/coontown on our forums before.

Or r/watchniggersdie

No wait that was GBS2.0

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

:irony:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

DreadLlama posted:

Understood. What is step 1 in obtaining a refund?

The old thread is still kicking around with a helptext.

Basically message support, ask for a refund, expain why.
Do NOT mention dsmart, the escapist, or any goons.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

spacetoaster posted:

That is goddamn hilarious.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

Sorry the thread is still in pre-alpha, so you haven't quite seen it all. You should come back in two weeks.

In two weeks we will have posted more lines of shiposting than lines of code CIG wrote in 2 years.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

D_Smart posted:

ps: To the rear end-hat who keeps spending money to change my avatar. I have more disposable income than you. So yeah, let's go.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

D_Smart posted:

Going through everything I missed from p42 last night. Seriously, how many of you have jobs. Or, you know sleep at night?!?!

As a developer my company does not exactly pay me for "Shitposting on SA" simply because I don't write it on my monthly hourly report.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Guys he is doing reverse psychology so shut up :rolleyes:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

D_Smart posted:

Nope. I had nothing to do with it. I first noticed they were using DMCA takedown requests on imgur when Goons kept bitching at me for not using image tags correctly. On checking my imgur account as well as some images I had posted from my iPad while not logged into imgur, were all gone.

Someone definitely wrote a bot and screwed it up royally because it also hit some Reddit images. Like I said, they're morons. And clowns. As in moronic clowns.

Yup

Hey Reddit! DMCA this!!

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Thank you for stating the obvious, game developer Derek Smart.

But seriously your new game sounds fun.

Derek Smart Derek Smart DEREK SMART

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Shala posted:

I dunno what you mean man, my last design just took me a little longer to lay groundwork on than usual. Weird.

You'd be surprised. We are almost a state company, and do a lot of research projects for the EU. I am often the sole programmer for 2 or 3 projects, and usually don't have to do a lot of paperwork.
So when I know that one of our work packages says "We need this done next week Wednesday", and it's literally just a few hundred lines of code, I basically have an entire week off, write that poo poo on my weekend and...yeah.

So more than once the state literally paid me to shitpost on SA.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Shala posted:

Yah, real relaxed culture where I'm at and it's basically "get poo poo done on time dgaf what you do if that happens".

Brb, raiding our beer fridge.

I get breakfast directly to my office. Like, huge sandwiches made from good bread filled with salami or salmon for a buck.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

No worries man. You prolly got a bit unlucky. Most IT jobs are pretty chill, and you'll get a good one as well. Especially if you can do cisco you are the king.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Shala posted:

Bagel mondays, tea hour each week, day off (on top of PTO) per month and a monthly full body massage. It p much owns.

We should totally do a worker exchange your place sounds sweet af as well.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Gwaihir posted:

US taxpayer dollars literally paying me to F5 this thread all day. :hf:

Austria here :hf:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Klyith posted:

perhaps a goon-run system of distributed hosting mirrors with an innovative redundancy & load balancing scheme?

I have a server lying around in america if worse comes to worse.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Shala posted:

Paging R1CH

Checks out.

Making war like it's 1944.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

sincx posted:

I didn't know C-130s came in a STOVL version.

The plane does not actually land. In both the RTS and the original Renegade it simply dropped off the unit on the runway.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Dark Off posted:

Disclaimer i havent played renegade x yet because i too found out about it today.
but a game that does vehicle deliver like this cant be a bad one
http://i.imgur.com/5Hoahia.webm

In the original the helicopters just landed from the sky. Welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

2DCAT posted:

Children’s tales back on Goondor speak of a goon who would make a jpeg so strong, that neither imgur, nor tinypic, nor imageshack could ever take it down. It is this chosen goon that is said to bring Something Awful back into relevance. Is that goon among us today??

• Locked thread