Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
Question, when this game is actually released could someone not just buy it during a Steam sale and like, just play the thing?

If players are able to work their way up to having a nice ship that kind of leaves the backers holding their dicks and regretting all the dollars they spent. But if the nice ships are like backer or paygate exclusive and normal players are stuck being their peons then ain't no one gonna play that for long.

It just seems like the gameplay economy is going to be incredibly difficult to balance without loving over the backers or having a stagnant pay-to-win graveyard. Perhaps my error here is thinking about it as a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Berious posted:

Dude thinks Arcanum was one of the best things ever he's beyond saving. That game shoehorned in the worst possible implementation of real time combat into an RPG that was clearly made for turn based because Diablo was popular. Also there was a brothel where you had sex with a sheep.

The Yakkety Sax real time combat was so hilarious and pointless, but Arcanum had a pretty awesome setting and was A Good Game.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

G0RF posted:

Now imagine this has been shot from 150 angles...

I've always heard that acting is in the eyes, but never really understood it until now.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Wafflz posted:

Star Shitizens ladies and gentlemen

Shitzens

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

wikidd posted:

Not yet I don't think. They've only provided notice that they're planning on issuing a defence. I'll update the thread when they actually issue the defence.

this is me IRL, if you need representation my standard fee is 2 jpegs

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Daztek posted:

Just You need a Platinum account to view this message. and that should do it.

This isn't aimed at Daztek specifically, I'm seeing it a lot, can we please keep plat-spoilers down to a minimum?

A hidden forum doesn't stay hidden very long if people keep mentioning it and if these idiots will drop thousands of dollars on a jpeg sooner or later one of them will drop a few dollars for plat and then bam, they post all the op info and dodgy poo poo onto the derek smart reddit or whatever. And then we need to do another loving molehunt.

I know it's convenient but seriously please don't advertise the plat thread. We're all checking both anyway.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

KiddieGrinder posted:

While simultaneously saying we're dumb, irrelevant, and important. We do everything, and can do nothing at the same time. Schrodinger's boogeyman?

"When I was a boy I was taught to think of Englishmen as the five-meal people. They ate more frequently than the poor but sober Italians. Jews are rich and help each other through a secret web of mutual assistance. However, the followers of Ur-Fascism must also be convinced that they can overwhelm the enemies. Thus, by a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak. Fascist governments are condemned to lose wars because they are constitutionally incapable of objectively evaluating the force of the enemy."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
Is Star Citizen out yet?

• Locked thread