Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
So is this thread our thing now? IT IS AS THE PROPHECIES FORETOLD!

BANNED WAS HE BY CIG, BUT NOW THE CRUSADER HAS COME TO TAKE THE OP AND LEAD OUR ARMIES TO VICTORY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

D_Smart posted:

Legal action has been in motion since August. These things take time.

The issue with the likes of Xaeriq Xavier Knight aka Wulf Knight, Trevor Noblitt et al is new; though the Knight issue has been on-going since last month when I made the decision to pursue it. Key to getting criminal and civil action against these morons is that you have to collect and collate all their social media relevant postings as evidence. It's not an easy task. And judges only care about key specific points; not all the other fluff. And in demonstrating harassment, certain criteria have to be met so as not to run afoul of Free Speech and such.

What's the timetable, do you think, of settling a case like this? What about the class action? For that matter, do you think a lawsuit against CIG would matter, or will they be dried up and dead by then?

Finally, something that I have been curious about, since I asked beer a similar question: What was the exact event/thing that turned you from a backer of SC, to wanting to burn them to the ground? I know they refunded you only after you started blogging so I know that wasn't it.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
The OP is broke again.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

CashEnsign posted:

Can we start a Star Citizen Eve Online Corp just so we can awox eachother?

Pls.

You've gone too far.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Star Citizen thread has increased :10bux: revenues 5000%.

Star Citizen never releases, but crowdfunds SA for another 25 years.

What a time to be alive.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

mormonpartyboat posted:

it all comes back to fishing treaties, doesnt it

Let us not speak of fishing pacts friend, it is a dark place.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

MeLKoR posted:

How sure can you be before seeing the financials?

It's already been cleared through legal.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

sincx posted:

I didn't know C-130s came in a STOVL version.

The US military has had that capability for some time.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
We went from averaging 20 pages a day to 40 pages a day.

:wooper:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

CashEnsign posted:

~~INCOMING MESSAGE FROM THE BIG GIANT HEAD~~

#######BEGIN####TRANSMISSION#######

########SHAKE#######

#####SHAKE####SHAKE####SHAKE#####

###TWIRL ####TWIRL#######

#############END###TRANSMISSION#######

TL;DR I thought I was hard, then I lost my nerve, or a process server got a hold of me. One of the two.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

I can't find the post he screencapped, even went back through this thread and tried to find the timestamp, I may have missed it though.

In any case, I don't think they understand the definition of doxxing.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Uh, thanks. :confuoot:

I was hoping for a direct link though so I could click the links in his post.

//edit

NM someone linked it.

Nothing he posted couldn't be find through just clicking on the person in question's social media feed. Hardly doxxing when the information is publicly available via google.

SC spergs are at it again.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
My prediction for this episode from the SC subreddit:

None of them will realize DS didn't actually doxx anyone. They will flip poo poo over it, threaten legal action, try to doxx DS, rally behind internet warlord because being handicapped gives him a free pass in their mind (social justice indeed).

DS meanwhile will keep working on his blog, because he didn't actually dig up anything google couldn't dig up for him.

reddit will sperg anyway, their sense of social equality inflamed because they perceive DS is breaking the bushido internet white knight code in the worst way by going after women and handicapped people who do dumb poo poo online.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Oct 28, 2015

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Sarsapariller posted:

It's not funny to defend this even ironically.

Defend what ironically? Putting someone's handle into Google? :jerkbag:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3qkd9y/i_posted_this_before_and_people_called_me_crazy/

We have achieved liftoff friends!

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Serious question: How much money do you think Lowtax has made off of people's :10bux: to access this site and all the avatar changes?

This is probably the most profitable thread on SA right now.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Beet Wagon posted:

Wait, so all I have to do is piss off the right EVE group and I'll get a free pizza AND they will call my grandma for me? That's great, because I love pizza and I hate talking to my grandma!

You're trying way too hard. :frogout:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
As a side effect of all of this, the spergs in the SC/reddit community have basically (lol) turned on us as a whole as well. For better or for worse, SA, and this thread, is more or less viewed as an extension of Dr. Smart's will and vendetta.

The confirmation bias is strong. There are plenty of goons here that are indifferent, some who are opposed to the drama and shenanigans, and some who are actually still rooting for SC. But the brown sea only sees the people that are trashing SC and supporting Dr. Smart. I'm sure the confirmation bias is just as strong at CIG as well, :lesnick: has posted multiple times in regards to how he views SA and goons as a whole as a malicious cancer, and Sandi we know reads this thread. Beer getting banned is only a symptom of that.

Dolvak has been obsessively moderating out ANY threads in the SC subreddit regarding this issue as well, cowed in large part my Dr. Smart. Another has wholly apologized. While these are minor "victories" for Dr. Smart, it has polarized the community even further.

The goon "hivemind" has done plenty to enrage video game communities before, but this is vitriolic at its highest. We're insulated by a desire to really only play games with each other and kept entertained by the ability for us to go into any game we want with a few dozen other :10bux: patriots and have a good time, but this episode is going to go down in video game subculture history as one of the biggest ideological wars in some time. EVE goons may have enraged people in the past, I know in AA we caused some pretty outrageous poo poo to be written about us, but SC is a game that has had major publicity coverage, and I think it's a matter of time before The Escapist and others start to write about all the drama going on, because it's good clickbait entertainment.

If you're here talking sense and trying to calm things down, you're yelling into a hurricane. You're lumped into it with the rest of us as staunchly and militantly anti-SC. You're a Dr. Smart supporter regardless of your feelings on him. I've seen a lot of ironic posting here, lots of funnies, and good entertainment trolling by goons, but the brown sea is frothing into an actual rage.

I imagine it's going to get "worse" from here. :toot:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Yeah, you totally don't care. And no, I won't end behind bars. Sorry Derek but

How are you're multiple lawsuits going right now? And what about the FTC?
No one sued and no one will sue. At least not you.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

G0RF posted:

Dolvak creates Stargur, an image host service, to protect Spergs from future imgur takedown attacks (of the sort he himself might have been responsible for when targeting SomethingAwful...)

Next they are just going to complete Star Citizen in Unity because Star Citizen itself is under so much flak, and call it a day.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Required Parachute posted:

Should I? Shouldn't I?

I don't know what this is, but yes, you should do whatever it is. Godspeed. :patriot:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
This thread must have leaked into an EVE goon IRC or something.

:frogout:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Eonwe posted:

like the people that wrote that

they've self owned harder than I could even imagine

In failure, every white knight knows, tis better to fall on your own sword rather than be slain by the enemy.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

moonraker posted:

A tribute to the weekly bullshit show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szhOYS3vgUg

:captainpop:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

D_Smart posted:

Cristian Romero
Keith Elwood
Nick Butler
Trevor Noblitt
Wulf Knight

PURGE THE WHITE KNIGHT, THE FANBOY, THE DOXXER, THE HERETIC

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Ragequit posted:

Hey I know acting like a toddler throwing a temper tantrum is your thing but this is still super weird. No one is going to face legal repercussions over this incredibly tame stuff and you should reevaluate your life and mental state. If you really want to be a big baby with the thinnest skin in the world and sue away, go ahead. But parading everything out in the open with real names of random people on the internet makes you look like an idiot. Has CIG run out of thing to keep you busy or what? HTH.

This is just the EMERGENT GAMEPLAY :lesnick: has been talking about all along! :gary:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Oct 29, 2015

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

D_Smart posted:

So our new contender for my WIP blog (latest PDF export) on the abusive White Knights in the Star Citizen community, is [url=]Cristian Romero[/url] aka /user/Tr3vayne/ aka @tr3vayne aka White Knight tr3vayne aka MES3rd on Facebook

If you look at his Reddit and Twitter feeds, he is another one of my top cyberharassers (I'm rounding them all up like cattle, for the blog, then I'm going to link to all their social media feeds) who has engaged in not only doxing me, but also my kid and family members.

"Found his kid online, looks exactly like him."

"Guy needs to go away already for good."

Hey Cristian, since you're an adult over 30, with an actual job, and living in a State (Chula Vista, CA) that has some serious defamation laws like Florida. I'm coming for you. Pucker up.

The list of Usual Suspects thus far; all of who are engaged in a protracted CyberHarassment & CyberBullying campaign. Still reviewing and researching the others. Every single one of them is going to face legal action; and they are all going to be tied to Star Citizen and its abusive White Knight community.

Cristian Romero
Keith Elwood
Nick Butler
Trevor Noblitt
Wulf Knight

/// 💀💀💀💀 /// SMART ASSAULT IN PROGRESS /// 💀💀💀💀 ///

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

SneakyFrog posted:

PAAAAAAARP

its funny how far this thread has bled into other threads already...

:gary:

:gary:

example plz

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Devian666 posted:

:gary: /

e: failed attempt at :garysay: above.

Looks like that BFM stuff went down after I stopped playing eve. :cripes:

Eonwe's story is correct.

Also depending on when you quit EVE, probably not. EVE goons did a very good job of rightly kicking him and then hell purging all of his poo poo from their forums and auth. Which is one reason many of us really had no idea what had happened. There is actually concrete evidence of what happened, though, still out there.

To add to what Eonwe posted:

Lincoln, btw, is thatguy on SA, or THEUNITEDSTATESOFAMERICA as Goonrathi knew him.

This is no joke, but Anders was 100% serious about bringing Goonrathi into ArcheAge, and one reason he purged thatguy was because (seriously) they wanted to really make a splash in ArcheAge and felt it better to "distance" themselves from the goons currently playing because you know, they had serious plans about being a serious power in super serious AA because Goonrathi was somehow a brand literally anyone gave a poo poo about. Anders went so far as to come on our mumble to ask me about thatguy, expecting me to poo poo on him to get the evidence he needed to purge him.

But because thatguy is actually a funny guy who didn't goonfuck, I took up for him, which infuriated Anders further, and kicked him anyway. This is despite the fact that thatguy produced the vast majority of their art and propaganda for quite some time. Anders kicked me because of DBRB, and then initially blamed it on the fact that I was an opsec liability and might turn against their leadership as Eonwe, Stormgale, myself and others did in AA because we weren't going to stand for lovely behavior or playing with people who liked to gently caress kids. I was kicked because DBRB is a fuckboi of Anders (or vice versa), and he was butthurt about us ruining his fishing pacts, and no one outside of the clique he brought to AA giving a gently caress about how much of a spaceship tough guy he was.

Let's be clear: Anders was 100% serious about protecting secret information Goonrathi had, for Star Citizen. A game that doesn't exist, and will never exist. This is real life and happened.

Goons! :toot:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Oct 30, 2015

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

CrazyLoon posted:

I wish one side or the other would start mass posting some goddamn chatlogs or screenies that back their side of this whole shitshow up. And not just one out-of-context crappy one, either.

I basically log everything.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

TTerrible posted:

Oh my loving god please stop. This constant retelling of goon-on-goon drama crossing two games that no ones gives a gently caress about is the least entertaining thing in this entire thread and that is a low bar.

Yeah that is definitely the worse thing in this thread. . . .

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Skoll posted:

I promise I'll stop calling Kimsemus a human being now.

bros, kimmey?

okay bae. :wooper:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Unfunny Poster posted:

I'd like to address you and your kind real quick. Don't worry, I'll make it brief:

Why? Why bother with all of the hours spent putting people down and trying to "burn all teh jpegs"? You could spend your time going outside, having fun playing games, or visiting your family. Instead, you choose to go out of your way to intentionally try and hurt people and their visions. Why?

If Star Citizen was going to fail (which it's not), why don't you just leave us "White Knights" (A community of One-Million people, I might add), alone and let us see for ourselves? Why do you care?

By the way, the man you undoubtedly worship doxxes teenagers in wheelchairs and children. Just fyi.

Dr. Smart hasn't doxxed anyone. All the information he's gathered has been publicly posted by the people in question. Also does being a in a wheelchair grant you special powers of immunity to criticism when you behave like poo poo?

I'll let him answer the rest of your post though, but I always enjoy reading the strawman logic of "why don't you go outside instead of being inside making fun of us!"

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Unfunny Poster posted:

I think so. I remember Goonrathi Goons getting Cowcasters avatar changed and someone mentioning in the SC thread at the time it was idiotic because she could just get it changed for free.

You should have kept reading before responding.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=131#post452120272

Sorry, I appended the phrasing. This thread moves too loving fast.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
No need to paywall this thread, IMO. Good to have people reading poo poo on SA then registering then in the future maybe spending money. Honestly, even without a paywall, this thread has made boatloads just on butthurt people changing avatars and buying emotes. Glorious stuff, really.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Eonwe posted:

btw, Lowtax is in a time of great need

he is moving away from hamster powered storage toward :siren: THE CLOUD :siren: and is accepting donations

you will get a mystery prize next month if you donate

just remember that many of you recently got star citizen refunds and $5 could go to papa lowtax to keep this drama machine alive

http://forums.somethingawful.com/announcement.php?forumid=1

I donated, it's similar to giving to Star Citizen, except I get something tangible for my effort.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Bootcha posted:

Hahahahaha.

Hey Karl. Let me vette.

I got a WC FMV helmet prop. A gift from Lesnick for making sure he was comfortable and welcome in Austin. poo poo I still have his wife's desert plants she game me too.
I asked CR about his movie industry credentials at the GDC reveal. Somehow, that seems pertinent.
I was there all day and night at the 24 hour "end-of-funding" (hahaha) livestream. I provided the champagne, CR's milk for his espresso, and several other food runs to keep everyone going.
I'm in the picture of "The Pledge". You remember this thing?

I did the stage management at the first CitCon in Austin alongside Viewmaster.
I was on Wingman's Hangar. And I did a lot of production assistance whenever they needed it.
Dr. Hawk interviewed me long long long ago, ID'ed as one of THE INVESTORS. It was no big deal back then.
I AM THE ONE WHO LAMPS.

I was, and still am to a certain extent, one of the spergiest Wing Commander spergs. I kinda consider myself Patient Zero to this whole Star Citizen thing.

And yet I feel something is wrong. Something wrong enough to warrant action.

Bootcha is the avalanche from the unexpected quarter; the thunderbolt from the clear sky.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
So I haven't been paying attention to the thread in 2 days, did we win Star Citizen?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Pierson posted:

:siren: Vox Day is a literal neo-fascist :siren: who believes black people are subhuman, women should not have the vote and that it's totally fine to throw acid at feminists to protect traditional values. Gay people are a genetic mistake that should be cleansed and the Taliban were correct to shoot Malala in the face.

:siren: Vox Day is a literal neo-fascist. :siren: If you search for even a small amount of time you will probably be able to find someone with exactly the same opinions and level of intelligence as him without the insane all-consuming baggage of awful garbage or toxic community that gathers around him.

:siren: Vox Day is a literal neo-fascist. :siren: Who gives a gently caress what side he's on in the internet spaceship debate because the correct answer is 'the airless side of a real-life airlock'.

If I click those links is the NSA going to kick my door in because the URLs are scary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Is the banzai buddy av the new stupid newbie / garbagedick?

• Locked thread