Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

Down In The Pit... There's It!

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

she is but its really tiny :(

And after Peterson. Wasn't the rumor that Sandi had him fired?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

Romes128 posted:

Wesha sounds like the type of guy that always talks about how he crushes mad puss but then gets caught suckin dick in the men's room at the mall.

Take a look at his avatar. Pretty sure he is into a different sort of pussy.

CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

So the Star Citizen wiki says a Javelin has a minimum crew of 23. Didn't Cig only promise a minimum of 40 people in an instance? I know the whole thing has been poorly thought out but I would think one would want to make sure that the biggest ship you are selling can get in a fight with another capital ship.

Or maybe that is the idea, buy a Javelin and make sure have an advantage by virtue of taking up more than half of the instance by yourself.

CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

Wulfling posted:

How do they not get shot down when trying to claim all these uncredited rolls that they don't even look remotely like the person they're claiming to be?

They are not important enough to make the effort of doing some fact checking worthwhile. What does it matter when the sort of acting gig that Sandi would get is one where you can only see the back of her knee for two frames?

CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Can someone explain why a charge-back is worse than getting a refund through CIG?

Worse for the customer or worse for CIG?

Basically most places require you to try and get a refund from the company before you do a chargeback.

If a chargeback is successful CIG would not only lose the money the customer paid them they are also charged a fee by the credit card company. That fee can range from a couple of dollars to a hundred depending on what their chargeback/transaction ratio is.

CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

neonbregna posted:

I might have missed it but was this ever explained

Yeah, its nothing.

CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

lmao, at this stage in *cough* development he still can't answer for certain if Squat42 is set after or before the PU... w/e that means.

I thought the idea was that the military service in SQ42 is what got you the Citizenship in Star Citizen?

I am making poo poo up? Have I spent so much time lurking this thread that I am having Star Citizen dreams that I can no longer distinguish from reality? Am I becoming a backer?

CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

Smorgasbord posted:

As for the money - he repeatedly insists to me that via the grey market he has made a non insignificant profit and only has ~$200 worth of stuff tied up with the game. It certainly makes me rethink a few things going on (or not going on) financially for him though since I know he has a good income.
Do you believe him? If you think he is only over-invested in the train-wreck emotionally maybe it would be best to let it go?

Smorgasbord posted:

edit: It all started from him saying he wants to buy an Oculus Rift, and me being pretty sure it's incompatible with what CiG are doing - what can I say to at least save him from that bad decision?
There really isn't much to this. Taking control of the player's head away from them will make you puke in VR and CiG does it constantly. If he does get one gift him a copy of E:D for christmas/his birthday so he can actually play spaceship in VR.

CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

eXXon posted:

Ok, it makes sense for art assets, since they seem to have completely redone the Blade in the last year even though the renderings from last year looked better, ironically. But is Chris Roberts really constantly redesigning and unapproving the specs for the netcode and the janky physics and clipping/collision detection and usable chairs?

I would think it is something like he is constantly changing his mind about what is high priority and so the developers are getting shuffled between projects constantly.

CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

AP posted:

WTF are these and why did they suddenly appear?

The twenty second animation for finding your goggles in the glove box and putting them on isn't finished yet.

CellarDweller fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Mar 20, 2016

CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

D_Smart posted:

What customer list? LOL!!! Do you really thing ANY publisher/dev in their right minds values that "list" of mostly Shitizens?

It's a sucker list, not a customer list.

CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

Looks like funding just dropped a hundred bucks. That would be great if it got unfunded at the last minute.

CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

And so on and so on, is this a new thing? What are they on about?

If your config files are keeping other players from taking off they have even bigger problems than what you show in your videos so its not a very good excuse.

CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

Derek, if it gets out that you leaked this you are loving finished.

CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

Melanion posted:

One of you lot who've cracked it--can we at least have your word that after the mind-blowing whatever breaks on Wednesday someone will post the encryption method?

Someone already has.

CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

Dusty Lens posted:

Holy poo poo. How do you gain 5 pounds a month for years without setting everyone around you into a panic regarding your health.

His family has to be but what the hell can they do? If its from guilt or stress I don't think them piling on even more is going to help.

At the end of the day Ben has given several years of his life to this project and then had the project take several more from him. The fact that he has given as much as he has to Star Citizen and Crobber and that they are completely unworthy makes me really sad.

Can someone post a quote of him being a shithead or talk about the asinine stuff he has done in the past so I can stop feeling sorry for him?

CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

D_Smart posted:

So on that planet, what would bi-monthly be then?

:allears:

Twice a month.

Yes, that is what bi-weekly means.

No, It doesn't make any sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

Wrecked Angle posted:

I don't understand what they're aiming because they're so drat non-specific and yet they're (or rather, the cultists) now banging the procedural generation drum pretty hard.

Sorry if this has been pointed out already but I am working again and can no longer keep up with the thread.

I think that the cultists know deep down that everything is late and they are clinging on to the idea that CiG is going to flip a switch and go from 3% complete to 100% overnight in order to reassure themselves that the dream is still alive. I believe that the procedural generation stuff helps feed that because it is the one thing where that sort of idea makes any sense at all. You finish the generator, turn it on and go from zero planets to all of them in an instant.

• Locked thread