Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Kakarot posted:

We thought he was different now...we were wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Dongattack posted:

no star citizen
no jpegs
no blog
no lawsuit

no life

Someone put the suicide prevention thing back into op

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

BastionPete posted:

Well, I lost access to my old account from 2007, so I thought I'd make myself a brand spanking new one to contribute to this discussion. I even bought premium so I could be privy to all the SuperSecretTM stuff going on.

Turns out that was a minor mistake, frikkin loled hard when I realised

Hi Welcome

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Wait, seraph is an actual molester? I thought the jailbait poo poo was just his fetish/posting gimmick. :cripes:

e: Apparently I got Lipstick Apathy.

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

I doubt FTC would go after CIG since they're still showing "progress" every now and then, and also issuing refunds now, but yeah, if they were investigating, lmbo if you think they'd actually release any data.

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

:gary: Commander

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Yeah, you should paint with good smelling food.

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Or spice up the room, your call

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

AP posted:

Because Star Citizen is built on a foundation of having something that others don't. Like a game, that's only in your head.

:capitalism:

Loiosh posted:

I couldn't even figure out what the meetings were supposed to be. What's a 'pop up meeting?'

Obviously it's code for pop up spaceship ads.

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

ShredsYouSay posted:

Bootcha's video appears to be delayed.

Even in the future nothing works.

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

1500 posted:

No, FD gave refunds to people that could not play and were waiting for the offline mode in order to play. What they didn't want to do was give refunds to people that had 10's to 100's of hours playing ONLINE and that were now demanding a refund.

FD sold early access to ED, now that early access was over what was stopping people from demanding a refund and then just buying again for cheaper? How do you tell who wanted a refund because of the loss of offline and who was trying to game the system?

FD was in the right to not give refunds to people that put in 10's of hours of gameplay in a ONLINE ONLY game, sorry but you don't get to play the "well I only bought it for offline" if you have been playing online for that long.

Source your quotes

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Post food gifs

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Companies are evil, news at 11

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

2DCAT posted:

lol

I thought these SC backers put so much money into SC so they'd never have to buy/play another game again.
Why are they buying another game (and another space game at that)?

gently caress logic

-- Spock

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Ketchup or Mayonnaise?

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

CrazyLoon posted:

Mayo all day every day baby.

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

I eat my parfait with mayo just like Hijikata

Same

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

All that ketchup

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Jst0rm posted:

why would anyone invest in a game that has already sold 1 million copies? Like how many space games on the pc only sell upwards of 1 million copies?

Wing commander 3. :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

Sounds like smoke and mirrors to me

Cryengine does not support mirrors yet, will be available in two weeks

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

what about smoke?

There's so much smoke I can't even see a game around here.

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

There was literally nothing similar in 2011/2012. UE4 came later, unity was still the joke engine.

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Toops posted:

Aww, poor thing. You still think a game is going to be made. :sympathy:

Oh it's getting made alright. It's going to be a janky steaming pile, but it'll get "released."

There was a game in the 90s, you might recall it. It was called Battleship or Cruiser or something like that. It's going to be a lot like that.

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

McGiggins posted:

I wonder if we could quickly prototype a game where you play as Len Besnick, Gamer Extraordinaire, who finally snaps and goes on a murder/feasting rampage of GIC studios.

Take "hatred" or what was that poo poo called, replace the map with a CIG office, put the stretched :gary: skin on all the npcs. Why make a game when it's already done, just mod it.

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

But will someone try to remove Ben from office with a couple pounds of high explosives?

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

http://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus

This guy seems to be playing now.

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

The thing wtfosaurus is playing is exactly the kind of poo poo I'd like. Why did it take 4 years to get there. :argh:

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Oh poo poo, hey.

I got the invite thing.

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 PTU: Crusader Playtest Invite

Greetings everyone, we hope you are having a fantastic week and we have big news for you!

If you are receiving this email, you have been specifically invited to the Public Test Universe (PTU) to playtest Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 which features the very first elements of the Persistent Universe in the form of the gas giant Crusader and surrounding areas. These locations include Port Olisar transit station, Covalex Shipping Hub, Security Post Kareah and many scenic asteroid fields, comms arrays and research satellites that our team has been hard at work on.

This also includes our first iteration on FPS, Multicrew technology, interior physics grid, quantum travel, IFCS, EVA, missions, and so much more.

Yep... this is a pretty awesome time in creating the BDSSE and we’re excited to have you onboard for helping us playtest this with us!!

PLEASE NOTE: We're respectfully asking this test group to refrain from livestreaming and taking screenshots during this test. We don't want anything spoiled for all of your other fellow Citizens. We want everyone to have that epic feeling of wonder and surprise when they get in for the first time, too!

Also… as we want to stress test the new content, we’ve disabled Arena Commander and ArcCorp for the time being.

· You’ll access Crusader on the same console you did for ArcCorp.
· If you load into Arena Commander, you will be stuck on searching for a match screen till the player hits cancel.
· If you load ArcCorp Area 18 you return an error message "All instances are full" and the player won’t get in!

This is the foundation to the Persistent Universe, and we're extremely proud of this major milestone in building the BDSSE!

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

:laugh:

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Okay, now that surprises me. I was expecting them to be select on invites to this. Are you a streamer?

I was an RSI chat superstartroll and I kept spamming their bug tracker with "Launcher still requiring UAC confirmation to start" because nobody else did, so maybe they think I'm a serious tester person.

I might do some videos tomorrow if I can tear myself away from PLANETS in space engineers. So unlikely.

MeLKoR posted:

Didn't you get a refund?

Nah, I'm retarded like that. I like riding trainwrecks.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Apparently I have PTU access.

Goongratulations

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Early days.

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Hitler and D_Smart are banned in Germany!

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Justin Tyme posted:

Hypothetically speaking, what would the largest possible map sizes look like with quad precision? Millions of lightyears?

At 128 bits, you dump the dumb thing that is floating point and just go with integers, because 1) they're much much cheaper to crunch and 2) (2^128) nanometres = 3.59686428 × 1013 light years. Yes, at the resolution of 1nm, you get that much throw out of a 128 bit integer. As a comparison, milky way is 105 light years across.

e:fb

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

no_recall posted:

Now looking at 2.0, I'm guessing people love it just to spite haters.

I liked what I saw on twitch yesterday a lot because it's exactly my kind of poo poo. :shobon:

But I also understand there's a *really* low chance of the jankyness ever going away even after the game is stamped out of "alpha" or whatever they're calling it now.

Then there's the fact that everything in there can be done in space engineers, right now, except in SE I can build my own ships and poo poo. And contrary to SC, SE actually had a working non-janky netcode implemented in the past, but had to roll it back, because it ran worse for people on dial up lines with 9000 ping :arghfist:

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Libluini posted:

Now if they were lying about the number of backers and the amount of money they made, boy would they be in trouble

In reality, they only made 17 million. They have 1 programmer, 2 artists and Gary Oldman. :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Speaking of Space Engineers, if you want a better minecraft that is also in sci-fi space and on planets, it's 50% off right now: http://store.steampowered.com/app/244850/

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Just watch the trailers on that page IMO, it's all in-game footage. But yes, it's very kerbal, although the physics are super basic and top speed is 104m/s. I hope they can fix the top speed, it'll be a really awesome game then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

blueberrysmith posted:

Is Space Engineers actually any good? Can I build a ship that looks like a giant dong and troll people endlessly?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3724257

:dong:

• Locked thread