Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:
I'm so unbelievably behind all of the recent happenings regarding drama and official forum sperging. Just reading about someone spending over $40,000 USD on fake ships made me want to gag. It makes me feel slightly better about only having pledged for a Hornet, but admittedly not by much.

However, by gleaming what I could just by skimming - it's apparent to me that some poo poo related to Derek Smart happened. Also, it seems that Beer was banned from the official CIG forums. Which I can only assume - was a blessing for Beer, because I don't know how people can post on the official forums and not want to drive nails into their faces as a more contemplative, and productive exercise.

Scarily enough, I do remember a time when the game was basically just something like four different ships and one single player campaign. What the gently caress happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Honestly, nothing I read in that article was particularly world-shattering.

It's obvious to any oldschool backer that once poo poo blew up with the continuous stretch goals in the early years, that we'd be getting a project with a shitload of promises and nary a hope on them delivering on all of them. Most people actually just wanted something that wasn't EvE in the Kickstarter stages of what is now something I'd class as a bloated abomination of the original idea.

I think there's plausibility in the bitter testimonials of those faceless former employees, but I also know to take this poo poo with a large helping of salt. When emotions, finances and jobs are on the line, things get said in the corporate grapevine that are hard to prove or disprove. I just wish they'd cut off the money-line and just say they'll stop peddling JPEGs at the annual sucker fair to just work on a game that might be released in my lifetime.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

There's nothing left of the 90 million USD, is there?

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

I would like for CIG to spend the remaining 90 million USD (or 4 bucks) on legal fees to fight a long, drawn-out legal battle with people from the internet.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Derek Smart, will you start a Kickstarter campaign for a documentary on how you will bring down a 90 million dollar JPEG marketing company?

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Eonwe posted:

im goku and im going to channel all the frustration about star citizen in the universe into a spirit bomb to power the something awful dot com servers

wish me luck

Break a leg

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Checks out.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Just wanted you guys to know that you can pledge for Derek Smart's game once you get a refund from CIG.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Jesus, this game looks like a my old Celeron should be running it.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

The Saddest Robot posted:

I was listening to the radio in my automobile device and they said processed meat can lead to cancer. They specifically listed hot dogs and bacon, but didn't talk about burgs/ground beef.

Does an intake of burgs lead to an increased risk of cancer?

I must know. Help me citizens.

You have cancer.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Arm the scat pistol!

That'll be USD $39.99.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Who is Derek Smart suing again? There are so many legal threats that none of it means anything by now, surely.

I always envision someone who created the scat pistol to aim big. Go straight for the throat of CIG's JPEG dollars.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Romes128 posted:

i didnt know line of defense sold jpegs.

He drew the line at USD$59.99, ok?

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

joebob posted:

On that topic, do you think when this all goes under a real developer could buy up all their art assets on the cheap and use them in an actual game? I bet when you include all the rejected designs there is enough to make something with.

Give it to Bioware. Star Citizen is a game that will be enhanced with choice wheels.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Razage posted:

Taken moments before I killed him.

Thank you for your service o7

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Young Freud posted:

You would think that after Daikatana, Duke Nukem Forever, and Half Life 2: Episode 3 that everyone would learn that "when it's ready" means in game developer that it will come out and be the worst thing ever or never come out at all.

Seriously, when has any game that has been released "when it's ready" ever been released and actually been good?

I don't think this applies to Star Citizen, because it will never be released.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

RescueFreak posted:

I put in for my refund a month ago today and so far I have received a message confirming what I was asking for and one two weeks ago saying that they were flooded with tickets. Nothing since then.

Unless you're one of those 20,000 USD pledgers that were risking their marriages for JPEGs, losing a couple of bills for the greatest shitshow of drama and incompetence ever is worth the ticket price.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

CashEnsign posted:

Can we start a Star Citizen Eve Online Corp just so we can awox eachother?

Pls.

Alternatively, just awox each other in EvE Online. It will be far cheaper, and you can do it right now.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Omi-Polari posted:

Saw a comment on Reddit thread about an upcoming Star Citizen meetup:

Which made me curious:

These are the people that will snap and try to murder Croberts, mark my words.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Travesty if this isn't added to the OP. :allears:

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

DuckDynasty posted:

Yeah, that's kinda creepy and compounded by the awkwardness of threatening a guy in a wheel chair. I think you need to "stay on target" Derek. This campaign against individual White Knights is kind of like your tiff with Randi/GG. It is just a distraction which lessens your credibility and doesn't bring us any closer to the goal of exposing the scam of Star Citizen and saving future backers from getting their money stolen.

Yeah, that's pretty hosed up to be honest.

Then again, it's not like this is surprising behaviour from a self-aggrandizing maniac stalker.

Also, people thinking any of the parties in this clusterfuck deserve any credibility by this point. :downswords:

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Amethyst posted:

lol, lmaoing my rear end off to this ripoff of 4chan humor from 3 years ago. Goons are truly a cool group of badasses and definitely not terminally dull rejects who feel the need to stalk crippled kids for a semblance of cultural validation.

ROFL

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Legal threats are like Star Citizen JPEGs.

Pledges can be made, but the likelihood of anything of substance coming from them is slim to none.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

trucutru posted:

somebody give this man a couple of millions

90 million, even

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

PoopinClumpin posted:

I got banned from the Star Citizen forums because I had "poop" in my forum username. (I'm not joking)

That was probably one the best outcomes you could hope for.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

I find the people rushing to Derek Smart's defense as he goes to destroy a wheelchair-bound shitposter as delicious as the white knight crusaders that rush to Crobert's defense as he continues to leech cash from space whales.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Romes128 posted:

Difference is were doing it cause it's funny and they're doing it cause they're in financial ruin and should probably kill themselves but he keeps saying the game is gonna come out eventually.

Everyone except Wulf. He works for Wayne Industries by the sounds of it.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Paladinus posted:

Derek 'D' Smart, forums user Amethyst is harassing this thread. How can you allow this?

Do subpoenas work on goons that have been around for more than a decade?

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Skoll posted:

Isn't that the dude they made write that horrible loving essay to join GSF?

edit: found it

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1BwSgFFPVi7KMo48e9j908t87zJCQfunJ1hbH2RlL18Y&pli=1

I can't believe a practicing roman catholic had to go through all of that just to get denied a chance to get blown up by bad space goons.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

I'm still perplexed as to why Gary Oldman was chosen for the part of Admiral Fuckstick in the campaign.

Wouldn't Bill Pullman be the far superior choice?

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

There is no loving way Derek Smart goes after anyone worth a drat in CIG anyway, which would have been the only real saving grace - watching him and coked up space jesus go at it.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

I'd pay-per-view that hearing. Unless you meant actually go at it like just have a big ol' fistfight, but then again I'd pay to see that too.

same

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

joats posted:

Star Citizen FPS Scenes by Ian Runnels - 3D Artist at Illfonic

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/o0Bvz

Star Citizen aspires to bring bland hallway shooters to the next generation!
Also some arena thing that is going to be really terrible.

That actually looks alright, what the gently caress are you on about?

I hate the concept of JPEG oil salesmen as much as anyone, but there are some legitimately good artists and designers getting whipped by Sandi at CIG.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Dsmart egotrippin aside, I still think it's really funny that Karl Rumsmeier guy comes in here once a day to basically drive-by-tough-guy at him.

*Writes strongly worded letter*

Let me rephrase that:

*Pays attorney to write strongly worded letter*
*Really sticks it to the man*

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

He is saving the working build for Dolvakon 2016

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

I think that's pretty loving metal.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Wyld posted:

New Eden, irrespective, of jump fatigue is still the de facto champ. Sorry if your space pilgrim in a 4wheeler sim ain't doing it. Let's call a truce and say let's take the 125m (sourced from that coke head video) and KickStart a petition to remove CCP Fozzie. (I'm only joking he's awesome)

EvE Online is a terrible, terrible spaceship game.

There is more of a pulse in a Croberts JPEG than anything CCP will poo poo out in the next decade.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Unfunny Poster posted:

EVE can be fun, but it is constantly filled with hours of "waiting around" for that fun to either spontaneously occur or organize, neither of which are fun.

After spending half a year in Null Sec, mostly touching myself to poo poo happening on another screen - I can confirm your assessment of the game.

Another thing, Drake fleets are loving stupid and that doctrine should have died on arrival.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

SelenicMartian posted:

EVE is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the Star Citizen's, but that's just peanuts to EVE.

I have a feeling the words, "DON'T PANIC" will feature quite heavily as a splash page on the RSI site in the near future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Do we have any lawsuit updates?

Hate for this whole one-man legal crusade thing to be nothing but a farcical shitshow.

• Locked thread