Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
We need an historian to record the glorious history of SC development.
I'm actually impressed by the amount of work it was poured into this piece of garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

That Fox guy is great.
We need more people like this.
I stop playing EVE because there were not many people like those left to be scammed

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

Can someone give me a brief overview or links to all of this Karl story? It sounds like i missed a lot of fun since the days of Seraph

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

I just read the Sandi meltdown mails, what's next in the trainwreck queue? Please provide SC entertainment

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

Eonwe posted:

2 weeks

I mean has any entertainment content been generated after Sandi mails? I'm still missing whatever came after

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

Out of the box, how big is the game so far? Like 80GB? And there is just a bunch of spaceships and empty space mainly

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

I'm actually really happy that i once burned around 35 dollars in this game. It's probably the most entertaining thread in the whole forum

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

I don't think i have ever refreshed a page so much.
This is getting me more than Game of Thrones

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

OK so i finally decided to install and try this messy bugfest. However i have no clue where the download link is. Seriously. I went to their download page, i signed in, all checkpoints are green but there is no link for a download.

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

Is the Xbox thread the new FYAD

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

Please post more Croberts faces into the xbox thread

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I did, but it was too late :smith:

Good try.
I'll keep my guns ready and loaded with those jpegs when i see a thread going crazy again

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

EightAce posted:

Remember 'They said I was dead,the future is not console games, blah blah blah I am a pc game'..... well something is transpiring that Mr Smart probably knows about and the howling of the spergs will be most pleasing to him when it gets announced

Yeeeesssssss.
This is the new beginning
This is the elusive strike which only a criminal mind could have only deceived

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

I think the following of this thread for months and the reading of over a terasuperbilion of posts is wort only for the full understanding of this twitter.
I'm truly amazed

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

What is this "physicalized EVA" which reddit is going crazy over? I bet it's just a cloud of smoke

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

can i have a goon agenda as well? Preferably red

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

I think this SC thing will be studied and analyzed from a properly social and psychological point of view after it will collapse. I can already see some master or phd writing their thesis on the "Star citizen incident".

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

HotsauceShoTYME posted:

Excommunicated from the den of shitizens I come seeking asylum.

BTW folks calling Money a token is an upgrade. This gently caress nugget grinning like a loving idiot every week with that gaudy loving clothing topped off with the cliche wanna be rapper cap, is front runner for coon of the year with Stacy Dash(at least she is fuckable). This fucker sets black folks back 11.5 years every loving time he appears on a show tap dancing for Sandi.

Thanks for your money, now you can leave.
I heard reddit is a much nicer place, you should check that out

fakeedit: oh god he even bought platinum to try to access our highly secret thread. You think we let newborn in there?

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

The ships disappearing are a feature since quantum drive is impracticable and dangerous. Players should avoid or face possible ejection and molecular disintegration of the hulls

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

Dante80 posted:

I have been out of the hilarity loop since the 2015 Gary Oldman reveal or so. Could someone explain what CIG has said about procedural generation in the game? I think they have changed their original plan (cryengine maps for planetside locations, no true PG worlds etc).

Well they truly said nothing about procedural
Like nothing for real.
Maybe they hinted at birds or something
I think the only thing was a short cinematic video they putted together about an asteroid with a hangar station clearly pasted on it

fakedit: btw actually tried and succeeded in one of the recepies you posted long time ago

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

I think this thread accounts for 40% of the fun i gain from SA.
We probably got much more entertainment here than whales who paid many $$
It's more fun to have fun of this game than actually playing it

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

Wait are those transcript made up?
No for real is there a source for this? They cannot be real, r-right?

I love Star Citizen

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

Not many things make me laugh as this thread, and it always delivers
God the thing of the twitter incident made me truly fall down my chair.
Thanks for being here uncle Derek

I'm also quite amused by all the redditors that see and read this thread as a global effort to destabilize whatever dream they have now.
Reading this place without grasping the overall hilarity and sense of humor which comes out every post must be... well something like reddit i guess

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

This guy picture reminds me of the other one with the seal, the one which was ashamed of spending so much money and he wasn't telling his family.
Does anyone have the link of that guy? I think it was the best depiction of the whole CIG vaporware

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Pre-Citcon 2016: CIG continues delivering PU updates with less and less "actual" content while continuing to talk up the work they're doing on Squadron 42. As we've seen with 2.3 and all of the content that was supposed to be in but wasn't, backers who are still in at this point are distracted by the volume of bullet points about fixed elevator doors and continue to call it the best game of the century. Subscriber videos continue to dole out hidden nuggets of expectation management split into as many different videos as possible. Mods on the RSI forums manage to find the "delete" button.

Citcon 2016: Now that they've actually spent some time on it, Citcon has some form of SQ42 footage. Nobody mentions the previous "no spoiler" thing. CIG begins releasing SQ42-styled "variant" tie-ins that are actually just reskinned existing ships with enough extra speed/manuverability/hardpoints to justify selling them as new ships. Since it's late in the year, they can get away with giving SQ42 Ch1 Ep1 a Q1 2017 release date without raising any eyebrows that weren't already raised. Gaming sites continue to treat CIG with kid gloves and brief references to delays and controversy are couched in optimistic articles, if they mention them at all.

Q4 2016: The PU gets a rushed 3.0 version with a planet and one landing zone in an attempt to upstage the December launch of the third season of Elite: Dangerous. Derek Smart makes a blog post about how "it's an oversized asteroid" but nobody pays attention.

Q1 2017: SQ42 does not ship, with comments being made about various blockers like "sometimes the ship wings just fall off, you can't explain that". Game developers in the thread come to the conclusion that the wonky planet physics in the PU are because CIG just scaled up an asteroid. Derek livestreams himself screaming into a pillow for an hour.

Q2 2017: SQ42 Ch1 Ep1 is released. Reviewers give it a 6/10, citing janky physics and a slow-to-start plot with contrived, one-note characters, but express hope that lessons learned by the developers will be applicable to Ep2. Every gaming site that would jump on the "kickstarter scandal - CIG fails to deliver!!!!" headline continues to take a "wait and see" approach because Star Citizen 3.5 is still in alpha. CIG begins to cut back on developers, claiming that "now that Ep1 is out, the hard work is all done and we just need to flesh out our framework with content". The PU continues to get 3.X updates that center around new guns and reskinned noodle machines.

Citcon 2017: CIG's major announcement is Part 1 of The Making of Star Citizen/SQ42. The PU itself is mentioned very briefly, but despite being on 3.7 still hasn't progressed beyond one planet, nothing is persistent, there's no economy and while there's some semblance of global instancing, any time you get more than 25 people+ships into the same area the server hard crashes. On 10FTC, croberts expresses irritation with technical limitations and utters the word "compromise" for the first time in a decade.

Q4 2017: Elite Dangerous releases a 4th season, SC attempts to counter by incrementing to 4.1 and adding a BFG to their in-game gun store for $500. Now that E:D has hit a majority of SC's non-stupid stretch goals, game journalists start actually smelling blood in the water. Articles with leading titles ending in question marks start showing up. The daily money tracker disappears forever, with Ben claiming it to be a minor web bug that they'll have fixed shortly.

Q1-Q2 2018: As the regular media starts actually removing the hands from their eyes, CIG begins to cancel/condense the subscriber video series, due in part to Sandi claiming that her "increased customer support workload" means that as much as it pains her, she can't continue being the most visible public face of a sinking ship. The entirety of the RSI forums disappears behind a "backer account only" paywall, and both those forums and the Star Citizen subreddit moderators begin purging any hint of negativity, the former in an effort to squeeze the last drops of excess whale oil out of their wrung-dry believer base, and the latter in a futile attempt to deny reality. SQ42 Ch1 Ep2-3 are released at some point but the only people who care are Chris and Ben.

Q4 2018-Q2 2019: At some point when they realize the tap has run completely dry but before they run out of funds entirely, Croberts makes a mournful pseudo-postmortem video explaining how paid shills and evil publisher PACs resulted in the "mothballing" of star citizen, at which point he disappears with sandy and ortwin with the cash buried in 80 different totally-legal LLCs. The RSI forums go offline entirely, /r/starcitizen takes a collective breath and promptly detonates, E:D and LoD compete for "most negative steam reviews received in a 24 hour period", and Something Awful disappears for a month under a sustained DDOS initiated by a million angry ex-SC backers looking for someone to blame. The Santa Monica CIG office empties overnight like it's the end of a horror movie, leaving only shredded financial reports and the word "DREAMS" smeared on the wall in what appears to be cheeto dust.

Q1 2020: Ben's Pilgrim's Cross is spotted on ebay.

This sounds like the best and more reliable feature list/timeline ever released for this game

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

This thread always deliver
TrueBeliever + EightAce, what a combo

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

Oh that EightAce
We probably have a more defined idea of this game than CR himself

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

Can i pledge to this thread commandos9?

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

StarBegotten posted:

Quotes for TL;DR with the bolded text that perfectly describes CIG.

"It was one of Britain's brightest tech start-ups, praised by David Cameron, and a rare British "unicorn" - a company valued at over $1bn (£694m) before floating on a stock market.
Its dynamic founder Dan Wagner claimed last year that his business was worth $2.7bn (£1.9bn) and had signed a deal in China with "limitless" potential.
But last month Powa Technologies collapsed into administration - and it rapidly became clear that it was more akin to a lame old donkey than a unicorn. Its demise has raised questions about the health of London's much vaunted fintech (financial technology) sector, and about the wisdom of sky-high valuations for unproven businesses.
What those people have told me is that Powa was an almost textbook case of how not to run a company - no clear strategy, directionless management, overblown claims about the technology and a reckless attitude to money.
The employees were not impressed. One told me: "While the company was going under, he's fooling around in a photography studio pretending to be Ziggy Stardust. The guy is a narcissistic idiot."
It was a month later that Wellington Management decided enough was enough, and called in Deloitte to act as administrators. The insolvency has managed to dispose of parts of the business but the majority of the staff have lost their jobs. In the next week or so, Deloitte is expected to publish details of the financial situation it found at Powa Technologies, which last filed accounts for 2013.
Companies go bust all the time - why should anyone care but the investors who have lost money and the employees who lost their jobs? One Powa executive, who has gone on to work for another technology firm, says there are serious issues for London as a centre of financial technology firms: "People are telling me this is making it harder to raise money."

You clearly don't know how open development works.
And that collaps was all Sa and Derek fault. They have planned and undermined everything from the beginning. Some people only like to watch the world burn

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

Reading the last many many pages got me really worried.
I mean Ewone avatar got changed, and it's kind of a big deal.
Luckily i see the elephant is back now

Also this x 100

DeeMurf posted:

I'm not really following this monster of a thread anymore and don't know if this is old news or what, but

Our old friend Seraph84 is trying to sell his SC account...

https://as.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_trades/comments/4c2l6c/blackmarket_make_offer_paypal_or_bitcoin_wts/

e: Oh well, sounds serious enough. Best of luck.

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

It actually feels so good to see that post from seraph.
I wonder when we will see another post on silkroad trying to sell LaOtraTia.
His virtual investments (spacepixels and buttcoins) did't turn to be quite a smart move

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

There is the need of a thread tracker.
I cannot manage to find time to read every day 20+ pages in order to find salient posts (i would love tough)
What has happened since the again new appearance of seraph?

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

This is the best not existent game i've ever seen

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

Oh yes these things i have been reading are sweet
I never thought this thread could go this far.
House of Cards and Game of Thrones are far less intriguing than this business

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

Ryan Artcher

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

I knew reddit would have got on there as soon as it was out.
Derek you should have not publicly posted that, even if encrypted

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

Go, go for the wild ride to 3000
Is the magic reveal to the world gonna happen only we reach that?

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

What happen to this thread.
I finish to write a post and 10 new posts appear
This is not a wild ride this is a roller coaster
This is Sparta
This is Star Citizen

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

Can we start talking about Ryan Artcher again, it was so much fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

Half of the people in this thread are reverse trolling, whatever this means anyway.

I wasn't expecting that when i read it. I wonder how things will turn out now.
Stay safe Derek, watch out for reddit and eastern black knights that might come your way

• Locked thread