Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Omi-Polari posted:

They look so glum.

They know that one day Crobert will bring with him cool aid and an armed guard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Dante80 posted:

First of all, this is a cool video (if you disregard the incredibly frustrating shaking).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU5UrT1EhWE

Secondly...how big is that moon over there?

You can see the massive shadow of a space station (?) on that moon, so it can't be that big.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Sarsapariller posted:

Crosshairs ruin immersion. You have iron sights for aiming your future space-gun and that is all you need. Nevermind that you have an alternate reality display that literally pops up information about anyone or anything you look at in real time- another design department did that. Guns are iron-sights only.

I remember playing some game about 15 years ago without crosshairs, so I taped one on my screen. :v:

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Avalanche posted:

What the gently caress is with that Razor laptop? Thing has like a 23" screen. loving why?

Probably like $7000 too

Is this from The Star Wars Holiday Special?

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My new goal is to spawn a ship, fly to the FPS station, snag an assault rifle, fly back to the main station, board a multi-crew ship with someone else, enjoy the multi-crew experience until they go somewhere else, and then kill them and steal their ship.

Just remember to tell Captain Philips that you are the captain now before blowing him away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

40K the game and 40K the lore are two totally different things. I used to play the game a lot, and I still have all of my miniatures. The problem is that Games Workshop is a soulless marketing entity that treats their customers with a level of callous disregard and outright loathing that makes CIG seem like Santa Claus. Their game design is simultaneously archaic and maddeningly inconsistent, seemingly prioritized to sell miniatures over make a tight rules set, and it's only really fun if you have a great group of friends who can laugh and drink a beer while taking it easy. I recommend checking out Infinity. It's a ridiculously awesome game. Or at least it was a few years ago when I played it. Some of the sculpts are pretty weird but the rules are great.

I still find it funny that they basically burned their other franchise to the ground and pissed on the ashes, because they thought that was a good way to make their fans excited to buy the new models they released when they remade the setting.

• Locked thread