Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014

Dinosaur Gum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014

Dinosaur Gum

Hav posted:

In other news, CCP sold White Wolf to Paradox in what can only be called a 'fire sale' in which CCP has handed over all the assets for their WoD 'MMO' which was cancelled in April 2014 after _9_ years of development. Eve players will remember the $79 monocle that created the Burn Jita movement and prompted a bunch of us to drop the game when Hilmar famously compared ingame jpegs with designer jeans.

This is an interesting roundup of the problems that CCP faced: http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/jun/05/world-of-darkness-the-inside-story-mmo-ccp-white-wolf

Sounds familiar.

At least Dust 514 was a hit

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014

Dinosaur Gum

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014

Dinosaur Gum

Have I missed anything in the last 200 or so pages?

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014

Dinosaur Gum

Does anyone know what they mean by this?

quote:

I am happy to confirm that I have actioned the refund for $85.00 via Stripe-UK | Credit/Debit Card.

Is Stripe-UK | Credit/Debit just the method they used for the refund and I'm going to see receive the money in my Paypal account? ... because I'm not sure how else that could actually work... considering I don't have the CC I may have used 2 years ago anymore.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014

Dinosaur Gum

But Not Tonight posted:

I'm actually on the phone with my bank about that right now. After much feet dragging, Kraiklyn graced me with the info that Stripe had issued the refund on the 14th of October, and this was about two weeks after I started the process. I e-mailed Stripe to find out what's the hold up, they confirmed that the refund went through on the 14th, yet after talking to my bank about it they're saying they haven't seen any sort of activity around that date, or with the reference number Stripe gave me.

e: welp, can't pull up records past two years ago on the phone and I got suckered in way back in July of '13, I guess this is postponed until tomorrow when I can go into a location.

Same with me, it was over 2 years ago also. I'm wondering how they're processing the refunds this way at all considering none of my card numbers are the same from back then. I don't even have the CC account I may have used anymore. The only possible way is that the purchase is still somehow linked to my bank account.

or they're sending it to my Paypal...

Baba Ganoush fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Nov 18, 2015

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014

Dinosaur Gum

AP posted:

If you've kept the same credit cards, the numbers change but the refund should arrive back on the right account as the old numbers are linked. Sometimes it doesn't work though in my experience. If you can stop them sending to an old card you should do that, once they've agreed to refund you they have admitted the debt and they should do that via another method if you explain the problem, you might need to prove that card was closed via a letter (This is the procedure as I understand it in the UK when it happened to me for an insurance refund).

Once they've sent the money it's your problem and they won't be at all interested unless you can prove the payment never arrived to the old account. Refunded money can go back to a cancelled card, but you'll have to contact the card company to figure out how to get it, I have no clue on that.

They've already sent the money so hopefully it shows up in my bank account. I'm not really that bothered about it considering I sold the ship on the grey market and am not sure why the amount was so high, also it was so long ago. I guess the main goal was the refund in itself anyway so mission accomplished I guess.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014

Dinosaur Gum

I sold my package for 80$ and then received a refund for 80$, did this happen to anyone else?

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014

Dinosaur Gum

fuctifino posted:

You might want to check with the person you sold your ships and package to, as the new owners will probably find they are no longer there.

Or not. Whatever floats your boat. :)

It was someone from Reddit and I think he probably resold it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014

Dinosaur Gum

Is it out yet?

• Locked thread