Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Misren
Nov 30, 2014

First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me.

skaboomizzy posted:

Out of all the bullshit this enterprise has spawned from "donations", which do you think failed Hollywood producer Chris Roberts would most likely hang onto:

- his generic sci-fi game that is drowning in scope-creep from the demands of autistic space-pirate-rapists
- his state-of-the-art MoCap studio

If (:lol: when) this whole thing goes tits-up and nobody buys the rights to "the game", you will probably find that every one of the umpteen corporations involved will be liquidated to pay debts except the one that owns that MoCap studio. Everyone will have contributed to Chris Roberts being Andy Serkis' bitch for C-list MoCap projects, but at least he's back in Hollywood, baby! And that'll mean a big role for his leather muppet wife in some god-awful movie!

What are we up to now, $96M?

"We couldn't live up to our fans expectations" - Future Chris Roberts.

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

That's one hot ship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVG85j8I2us

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

no_recall posted:

So how many thousands of hours are required to complete these?

Depends if we're talking in human hours or Crobert's hours.

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

Stealth Like posted:

I wonder how pissed Sandi is that this isn't a picture of her. I DESERVE THIS MORE THAN HIM.

She is slowly becoming redacted.

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

Nation posted:

Hey guys Chris Roberts here

gently caress you and thanks for the laughs

I'm rich btcih

I want this quote on my jpegs.

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

Dear Lord Croberts, we are thankful for 2.0 and all the new jpegs. We hoep to see knew jpegs soon and hope to see Star Ziticen go gold come monday morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUCUsNx1HTs

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

BMan posted:

I imagine his room looks like this:

She so ug tho. Not sure why plaster her face everywhere. Not making a game and stealing millions of dollars i can understand but employing her i cant wrap my head around.

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

jaegerx posted:

The daikatana story reminds me of this. Huge expensive office. No game worth a drat.

Working as intended - CIG

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

Decrepus posted:

Do you think they could ever have made ANY game with 2 million?

We have seen more done with less in some games. The way SC is funded it should be balls to the wall fancy.

Fancy jpegs.

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I was playing fallout 4 yesterday and ran into a pre war ghoul mafioso talking about a known scam where they would make something with no intentions of finishing that way they could have people on payrolls throughout the whole thing.

I immediately thought about SC.

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

Tippis posted:

Looking at CRobber's history, I feel fairly confident that he's not creative or innovative enough to come up with such a scheme. Of course, that tells us nothing about the other executives and SOs at the top…

I have a feeling they lock him away with some VR headset while he makes laser sounds while the rest spend money on cocaine and ladyboys.

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

SirPhoebos posted:

A lot of talk about what the fallout from RSI collapsing would cause. My big fear is that a politician opens up the WSJ or FT, sees the headline: "Largest Crowdfunding Campaign Collapses: +$100M of Public Money Gone" and thinks ":morning: uhh well let's just treat all crowdfunded projects as listed corporations. Problem solved! Off to my next campaign event."

That would effectively kill crowdfunding, as no one except an already existing public company would be able to afford doing a Financial and Internal Control audit for a small endeavor.

Oh and I haven't had the chance to say this: go gently caress yourself, Karl.

The fallout from RSI collapsing would be more entertaining than anything it's released for SC. Crowdfunding has helped a couple neat concepts/games out but IMO not so many where it would really matter. Plus most people are loving dumb, with money especially, so it will happen sooner or later.

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

Is star citizen a game yet?

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I just assume it's Sandi.

GoTo Quote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

Dante80 posted:

Wait for it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIuwuUSZqYY

And some nice shots..

Coolies. I don't want to buy the game again with Horizons tho.

• Locked thread